Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin and his move 20:35 - Aug 22 with 37522 viewsdannyblue

I think the fact nobody has come in with £15m has surprised and hurt Charlie. So too has Hodgson's refusal to give him a cap, unlike cultural insensitive Vardy. Charlie's reaction to Sullivan suggests someone who feels he's being under appreciated. I think that today he seemed to be trying to prove that he can contribute outside the box and is more than just a goalscorer. I've never seen him come so deep so often, and much of the time Massimo was playing beyond him. Charlie did really well for the first and second goals.

Today it was almost like he's had a conversation with Chris Ramsay and they've agreed that to get the move he wants, he should play deeper and demonstrate that he's not just a finisher, and that he can have an impact without playing alongside a target man.

The thing I rate most about Charlie is that he always improves. Every time he's faced a step up, it might take him a few games, but he's made it. Today suggests that he can become more than a finisher.

Also, I was surprised to read in the press suggestions that he's only looking for £45k a week after his move. If that's true, he might be better off letting his contract run down with us and proving the doubters wrong about how he can play. Bearing in mind that £15m is the equivalent of about £300k per week, on a free transfer he should be able to command a lot more than £45k, especially if he's fit for the season and shows people he can be effective as a lone striker and outside the box.

If he stays or goes, good luck to him.
Austin and his move on 17:57 - Aug 24 with 3965 viewseghamranger

Austin and his move on 15:00 - Aug 24 by wombat

bid for who Murray or austin ?

Murray
Austin and his move on 09:28 - Aug 29 with 3715 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Austin and his move on 21:09 - Aug 31 with 3560 viewsE17hoop

Austin and his move on 13:24 - Aug 24 by eghamranger

Norwich just made a bid for him. Can't see him dropping to the championship. Shame though

Murray to AFCB, replaced by Wickham at CPFC. All good news for keeping Austin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34110604

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Austin and his move on 21:21 - Aug 31 with 3465 viewsdaveB

I think he'll go to Palace or Spurs tomorrow, crazy they have left it so late though without even putting a bid in
Austin and his move on 21:35 - Aug 31 with 3308 viewsbaz_qpr

With a 6 pm deadline they are going to have to come in early in the morning in order to allow time for player negotiations and a medical
Austin and his move on 21:35 - Aug 31 with 3308 viewsLewes_r

for the first time I'm starting to think he aint going.

That medical on a 15 mil move won't be a quickie
[Post edited 31 Aug 2015 21:35]

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Austin and his move on 21:53 - Aug 31 with 3135 viewsWestonsuperR

Do we want him to stay though? We will lose out on 15mill when he goes on a free at the end of the season. It is generally agreed that this is a season of consolidation and that even Austin won't gain is promotion so do we want to miss out on 15mill which will massively reduce on-going budgets just to see us finish a little higher in the league. Think I'd prefer Austin to go and the cash spent re-investing in quality youth and continue the re-build.
Austin and his move on 21:56 - Aug 31 with 3101 viewsbaz_qpr

Austin and his move on 21:53 - Aug 31 by WestonsuperR

Do we want him to stay though? We will lose out on 15mill when he goes on a free at the end of the season. It is generally agreed that this is a season of consolidation and that even Austin won't gain is promotion so do we want to miss out on 15mill which will massively reduce on-going budgets just to see us finish a little higher in the league. Think I'd prefer Austin to go and the cash spent re-investing in quality youth and continue the re-build.

IMHO its too late I still think we would get 10m in January but I also think they will do a deal a new contract with a minimum release prob 10m
Login to get fewer ads

Austin and his move on 22:00 - Aug 31 with 3060 viewsenfieldargh

what are the odds on Arsenal coming in for him?

I think hes about as much an Arsenal type player as SWP is linebacker materiel for the Denver Broncos but I'm waiting for the kick in the teeth to happen.

I've been telling my boys that I don't think anyone will come in for him..so that's jinxed that

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Austin and his move on 22:09 - Aug 31 with 3001 viewsGetMeRangers

Austin and his move on 22:00 - Aug 31 by enfieldargh

I think hes about as much an Arsenal type player as SWP is linebacker materiel for the Denver Broncos but I'm waiting for the kick in the teeth to happen.

I've been telling my boys that I don't think anyone will come in for him..so that's jinxed that

Jinxed? Not sure a move was ever in any doubt... told mine that he has gone to Newcastle, West Ham, Bournemouth, Palace, WBA, Villa, Man U and even Chelscum. One thing they arent expecting is him to stay. Would be delighted if he does
Austin and his move on 22:11 - Aug 31 with 2984 viewsPunteR

Austin and his move on 22:00 - Aug 31 by enfieldargh

Wenger rates him apparently.

Austin will go tomorrow sadly,I'm sure of it. No idea where though or if we get £15 mill.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Austin and his move on 22:27 - Aug 31 with 2842 viewsGetMeRangers

Austin and his move on 22:11 - Aug 31 by PunteR

Wenger rates him apparently.

Austin will go tomorrow sadly,I'm sure of it. No idea where though or if we get £15 mill.

Weird Tweet from Chaz... Sort of get the feeling that either his agent or he feel that he might be staying???

The embeded tweet he retweeted

with
Austin and his move on 22:32 - Aug 31 with 2800 viewsWestonsuperR

Austin and his move on 21:56 - Aug 31 by baz_qpr

IMHO its too late I still think we would get 10m in January but I also think they will do a deal a new contract with a minimum release prob 10m

Would be nice to think this would happen but not sure Austin would sign a new deal as it will mean he would potentially miss out on a huge sign-on bonus or salary as he would be a free agent if he lets his contract run down.
Austin and his move on 22:32 - Aug 31 with 2794 viewsPunteR

Austin and his move on 22:27 - Aug 31 by GetMeRangers

Weird Tweet from Chaz... Sort of get the feeling that either his agent or he feel that he might be staying???

with

I just saw that and was about to post myself.

Hmm the plot thickens...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Austin and his move on 22:33 - Aug 31 with 2778 viewsLblock

These windows are shizen aren't they?
They were when we were throwing money around like Middle aged frustrated housewives throwing their kacks at Take That. And they're shizen now we are being sharked

Charlie will go, be mad not to after Woy's snub
Phillips will but probably shouldn't. I think he owes us more than Charles and is playing his way into form. Pulis will want him large style, his mate Ollie will be waxing lyrical shouts Matts ability
The bigger shocks for us will come if someone takes Junior WC, Trynoway or Fer off our hands

Do your worst Jim Whyte you self publicising vacuum

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Austin and his move on 22:39 - Aug 31 with 2714 viewsGetMeRangers

Austin and his move on 22:32 - Aug 31 by PunteR

Hmm the plot thickens...

Just cant believe it will happen

I think if he stays, he will be out to prove what chumps Super Woy and others are.

Nothing like a striker with hunger in his belly and something to prove
Austin and his move on 22:42 - Aug 31 with 2690 views2Thomas2Bowles

with

That sounds like he may have done a medical somewhere

Wetspam ?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2015 22:42]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Austin and his move on 22:47 - Aug 31 with 2642 viewsNW10Hoop

Austin and his move on 22:32 - Aug 31 by PunteR

Hmm the plot thickens...

That could just as easily mean a huge club has come in for him after loads of press stating that it would be a bottom half club that he ends up going to.

I suppose we all just wait and see. If he stays, and the club chances losing him on a free, then they've got to be looking at promotion to have made the £15 million gamble worth it. If he goes, then based on our summer dealings I reckon Chris and Les have a couple of backup plans that will see us into a top 10 finish

It would be a right laugh to keep our best players and score for fun in this league though.
Austin and his move on 22:49 - Aug 31 with 2623 viewsRanger78

Austin and his move on 22:32 - Aug 31 by WestonsuperR

Would be nice to think this would happen but not sure Austin would sign a new deal as it will mean he would potentially miss out on a huge sign-on bonus or salary as he would be a free agent if he lets his contract run down.

Sadly, I still think he'll go but if not, I'd be amazed if he doesn't sign a new contract.

I know players run them down but surely he has to protect himself.., say he pops his knee and is out for a year ??

I hope he stays, signs a new contract, scores a hatful up until Jan, then still moves for £15m in the next window
Austin and his move on 22:59 - Aug 31 with 2566 viewsDejR_vu

with

That looks like frustration that nobody thinks he's worth the fee and determination to shove it down their throats. Fingers crossed.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Austin and his move on 23:01 - Aug 31 with 2546 viewsGetMeRangers

Austin and his move on 22:49 - Aug 31 by Ranger78

Sadly, I still think he'll go but if not, I'd be amazed if he doesn't sign a new contract.

I know players run them down but surely he has to protect himself.., say he pops his knee and is out for a year ??

I hope he stays, signs a new contract, scores a hatful up until Jan, then still moves for £15m in the next window

I think if he did sign one, it would be with a low release fee, otherwise his agent would advise him to run down the contract and get a sign on fee next summer... the club would also, in all likelihood accept a lower offer for him in Jan with six months to go on a contract.

That tweet could mean so many things. However, before a medical, a deal would have been agreed, I would have thought and made public as cant imagine he could sneak in under the radar anywhere.

I guess it is possible that it is a dig at Woy... or that he has a medical lined up for tomorrow somewhere... or he is just having a dig at Sullivan.... or he and his agent are resigned to him staying

As PuntR says... the plot thickens
Austin and his move on 23:03 - Aug 31 with 2522 viewsactonman

The way we have been cost cutting and penny pinching lately I would not put it past tony to take a full page add in the loot tomorrow morning to try and flog him

My guess is Spurs after a bit last minute interest from Norwich
Austin and his move on 23:06 - Aug 31 with 2492 viewsBluce_Ree

Austin tweeted something emotional about Eastenders today. He's kind of dumb for someone that is worth fifteen million.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Austin and his move on 23:16 - Aug 31 with 2407 viewseghamranger

Austin and his move on 23:06 - Aug 31 by Bluce_Ree

Austin tweeted something emotional about Eastenders today. He's kind of dumb for someone that is worth fifteen million.

Must be moving to the east end then or even Norwich as that is really in the east !!! 😉😉
Austin and his move on 00:03 - Sep 1 with 2278 views2Thomas2Bowles

Wetspam 12M plus Matt Jarvis
May be that tweet was about a medical @WH

http://www.westhamfans.org/content/call-it-games-gone-crazy-hammers-might-be-bac

I hope if there is a deal we get the 16m and not take Jarvis, WH have been trying to unload him to a few clubs.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 0:28]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024