Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin and his move 20:35 - Aug 22 with 37521 viewsdannyblue

I think the fact nobody has come in with £15m has surprised and hurt Charlie. So too has Hodgson's refusal to give him a cap, unlike cultural insensitive Vardy. Charlie's reaction to Sullivan suggests someone who feels he's being under appreciated. I think that today he seemed to be trying to prove that he can contribute outside the box and is more than just a goalscorer. I've never seen him come so deep so often, and much of the time Massimo was playing beyond him. Charlie did really well for the first and second goals.

Today it was almost like he's had a conversation with Chris Ramsay and they've agreed that to get the move he wants, he should play deeper and demonstrate that he's not just a finisher, and that he can have an impact without playing alongside a target man.

The thing I rate most about Charlie is that he always improves. Every time he's faced a step up, it might take him a few games, but he's made it. Today suggests that he can become more than a finisher.

Also, I was surprised to read in the press suggestions that he's only looking for £45k a week after his move. If that's true, he might be better off letting his contract run down with us and proving the doubters wrong about how he can play. Bearing in mind that £15m is the equivalent of about £300k per week, on a free transfer he should be able to command a lot more than £45k, especially if he's fit for the season and shows people he can be effective as a lone striker and outside the box.

If he stays or goes, good luck to him.
Austin and his move on 10:40 - Sep 1 with 3836 viewsGetMeRangers

Austin and his move on 10:30 - Sep 1 by adhoc_qpr

On that point, if he doesn't get his move he is going to be incredibly fired up to prove people wrong!

If he stays, that could be very good for us.

Also he'll have his pick of clubs next summer and get a hefty signing fee, so staying wouldn't be the worst thing for him.

It's just the England selection that's the problem - but if Woy already rates the xenophobic Vardy above him that doesn't bode well anyway.

That was what I read into that Tweet last night. No move and negative press from Sullivan, lack of offers, despite many in the footballing punditry world saying he was a bargain, and being left out of Woy's plans ahead of Vardy

It may just be me, but I am sure his all round play, barring the fitness issues early on, is better under CR this season... better hold up and better lay off balls. If Matty and Austin stay, this could be one of the most exciting seasons for goal scoring for a long time... actually I think it is already going to be an exciting season, just watching the rebuilding of the club and playing style, whether they stay or not
Austin and his move on 10:47 - Sep 1 with 3778 viewsSydneyRs

Austin and his move on 09:55 - Sep 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

David McIntyre is normally near the mark, I hope he is right on this but then you only have to remember Remy.

Remy was underway well before deadline day. Wasn't it done a couple of days before?
Austin and his move on 10:52 - Sep 1 with 3735 viewsadhoc_qpr

Austin and his move on 10:47 - Sep 1 by SydneyRs

Remy was underway well before deadline day. Wasn't it done a couple of days before?

Remy's deal was done on the Saturday before deadline day, then we spent deadline day faffing around trying to sign Defoe, Odemwingie and Borini (not our finest hour).
Austin and his move on 10:57 - Sep 1 with 3691 views2Thomas2Bowles

Just like Thunderbirds, anything can happen in the next.....

I have everything crossed he stays, ok he may miss a season in the prem but he will be a free agent and may well be better off doing a deal he wants.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 10:58]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Austin and his move on 11:08 - Sep 1 with 3580 viewssimmo

Austin could be in a brilliant position next summer, out of contract means he doesn't get to only speak to those clubs that QPR allow/accept an offer for, but can speak to EVERYBODY and get the best deal for himself. In the meantime he can bang another 20 goals in at this level and not lose credibility.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Austin and his move on 11:11 - Sep 1 with 3553 viewsWeaverQPR

If he stays he will comfortably go through the 50 goal mark for us. Not had many do that for years. Maybe Furlong.

@WeavQPR

Austin and his move on 11:13 - Sep 1 with 3529 viewsadhoc_qpr

Austin and his move on 11:08 - Sep 1 by simmo

Austin could be in a brilliant position next summer, out of contract means he doesn't get to only speak to those clubs that QPR allow/accept an offer for, but can speak to EVERYBODY and get the best deal for himself. In the meantime he can bang another 20 goals in at this level and not lose credibility.

Also if he plays another season without a knee injury, that might put those lingering doubts to bed prior to the potential free agency frenzy next summer should he stay.
Austin and his move on 11:27 - Sep 1 with 3418 viewsHooparoo

Maybe Charlie just likes playing for Ramsey. He is also from a humble background so maybe he is just happy with what he has. Not everything is about money.

Be interesting if he makes a public statement after all the fuss dies down.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

Austin and his move on 11:35 - Sep 1 with 3338 viewsLewes_r

Apparently Chaz has turned up for training as usual this morning.. make of that what you will

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Austin and his move on 11:38 - Sep 1 with 3320 viewsElHoop

Surely if Charlie stays then it would make sense to extend his contract and pay him the £45k a week he wants and give him a release clause for £15m? Charlie is then protected against injury in terms of a secure lucrative contract and we have some protection in terms of his value. Has he made a habit of running down contracts? I don't think that he has.
Austin and his move on 11:39 - Sep 1 with 3312 viewsGetMeRangers

Austin and his move on 11:35 - Sep 1 by Lewes_r

Apparently Chaz has turned up for training as usual this morning.. make of that what you will

Both Matty and Chaz... plus Sandro

Would be a big ask to now get a medical, personal terms agreed and offer accepted, you would think
Austin and his move on 11:43 - Sep 1 with 3267 viewsAntti_Heinola

Austin and his move on 11:39 - Sep 1 by GetMeRangers

Would be a big ask to now get a medical, personal terms agreed and offer accepted, you would think

Cautiously optimistic!

Bare bones.

Austin and his move on 11:45 - Sep 1 with 3248 viewsLewes_r

Austin and his move on 11:39 - Sep 1 by GetMeRangers

Im sitting here staring at that gif infinitely looping.. Im starting to think we are gonna have a good season

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Austin and his move on 11:45 - Sep 1 with 3241 viewsadhoc_qpr

More importantly, WTF is going on with Faurlin's shorts there??

Has he been hanging out with Diakite?
Austin and his move on 11:47 - Sep 1 with 3213 viewssimmo

Austin and his move on 11:45 - Sep 1 by adhoc_qpr

Been doing it a while, it's like it in games too - definitely got it from Samba!

I'm not complaining...

As above, if we can get 10 games out of Sandro before Jan, I think he will be a big player for us and hopefully it does enough to get him out in Jan.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Austin and his move on 11:50 - Sep 1 with 3173 viewsGetMeRangers

That was the first thing that shocked me!

At least the people smuggler moustache seems to have gone... small steps
Austin and his move on 12:01 - Sep 1 with 3078 viewsTacticalR

Somebody at the club needs to look into this.

Air hostess clique

Austin and his move on 12:36 - Sep 1 with 2767 viewsjohnhoop

Sky sports just saying that QPR think it looks as if Charlie Austin and Matty Phillips will be staying at the club.
"But don't forget this is deadline day and anything can happen. That's why we love it!"
Why we fcking loathe it you mean.
Austin and his move on 12:36 - Sep 1 with 2767 viewstraininvain

Austin and his move on 11:50 - Sep 1 by GetMeRangers

That was the first thing that shocked me!

At least the people smuggler moustache seems to have gone... small steps

Seems to be a South American thing. Maradona used to do it and Alexis Sanchez also does it.
Austin and his move on 12:41 - Sep 1 with 2721 viewsGetMeRangers

Austin and his move on 12:36 - Sep 1 by traininvain

Seems to be a South American thing. Maradona used to do it and Alexis Sanchez also does it.

So is people smuggling and drug dealing... doesnt mean it is acceptable

People smuggler moustache swapped for budgie smuggler shorts
Austin and his move on 13:42 - Sep 1 with 2499 viewsrobith

Austin and his move on 11:08 - Sep 1 by simmo

That said, if he does stay, it would be in his interest to sign a new contract with us. Can formalise a realise clause amount and increase his current wage meaning he'd make even more of the next move
Austin and his move on 13:54 - Sep 1 with 2378 viewsMatch82

Austin and his move on 13:42 - Sep 1 by robith

That said, if he does stay, it would be in his interest to sign a new contract with us. Can formalise a realise clause amount and increase his current wage meaning he'd make even more of the next move

It would be in our best interests, not sure about his....
Surely from his perspective better to be a free agent?
Austin and his move on 13:56 - Sep 1 with 2348 viewsGloucs_R

Independent saying he has turned down Palace and will stay until the summer, then go on a free,.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Austin and his move on 14:15 - Sep 1 with 2185 viewspaulparker

Austin and his move on 13:56 - Sep 1 by Gloucs_R

Independent saying he has turned down Palace and will stay until the summer, then go on a free,.

id rather we sold him for 8-10 million than him walking off with out us getting a bean
but hey ho , lets hope he signs a contract (unlikely) and we go up again,
if we keep Green, Phillips, Austin , then Ramsey has got one of the best squads in the division

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Austin and his move on 14:20 - Sep 1 with 2132 viewsMytch_QPR

Austin and his move on 14:15 - Sep 1 by paulparker

id rather we sold him for 8-10 million than him walking off with out us getting a bean
but hey ho , lets hope he signs a contract (unlikely) and we go up again,
if we keep Green, Phillips, Austin , then Ramsey has got one of the best squads in the division

Assuming that is the case, then we have to try all out for promotion. It's unlikely we'd get such a good opportunity again, particularly if we stay in the Championship long enough for the parachute payments to dry up.

That said, the club have made all sorts of statements of intent and fallen short, so best that we don't have any over-ambitious tweets from you-know-who.

I could see Austin staying if we went up and he could see us surviving a PL season.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024