Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin and his move 20:35 - Aug 22 with 37563 viewsdannyblue

I think the fact nobody has come in with £15m has surprised and hurt Charlie. So too has Hodgson's refusal to give him a cap, unlike cultural insensitive Vardy. Charlie's reaction to Sullivan suggests someone who feels he's being under appreciated. I think that today he seemed to be trying to prove that he can contribute outside the box and is more than just a goalscorer. I've never seen him come so deep so often, and much of the time Massimo was playing beyond him. Charlie did really well for the first and second goals.

Today it was almost like he's had a conversation with Chris Ramsay and they've agreed that to get the move he wants, he should play deeper and demonstrate that he's not just a finisher, and that he can have an impact without playing alongside a target man.

The thing I rate most about Charlie is that he always improves. Every time he's faced a step up, it might take him a few games, but he's made it. Today suggests that he can become more than a finisher.

Also, I was surprised to read in the press suggestions that he's only looking for £45k a week after his move. If that's true, he might be better off letting his contract run down with us and proving the doubters wrong about how he can play. Bearing in mind that £15m is the equivalent of about £300k per week, on a free transfer he should be able to command a lot more than £45k, especially if he's fit for the season and shows people he can be effective as a lone striker and outside the box.

If he stays or goes, good luck to him.
Austin and his move on 15:31 - Sep 1 with 3028 viewsjohnhoop

Austin and his move on 15:26 - Sep 1 by essextaxiboy

Just seems like the goalposts are moving PP . As I say no caveats were mentioned .

Anything less than the playoffs and the blokes a t*sser again ? .

No one is spitting their dummy out to go , I think that speaks volumes for the new set up

Not going to call him a tosser Essex but would you not agree that we ought to stand a good chance of making the top six with the squad we have now if nobody leaves before 6pm?
Austin and his move on 15:31 - Sep 1 with 3014 viewsbosh67

Austin and his move on 15:28 - Sep 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Just saw this. If he stays, which it looks like he will, it says a huge amount about the integrity of the man and puts a lot of the so called mercenaries of the game to shame.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Austin and his move on 15:32 - Sep 1 with 3007 viewsrobith

Maybe the singing at the Rotherham game changed his mind
Austin and his move on 15:32 - Sep 1 with 2987 viewsWeaverQPR

Austin and his move on 15:32 - Sep 1 by robith

Maybe the singing at the Rotherham game changed his mind

Nah tweeting his wife was the clincher

@WeavQPR

Austin and his move on 15:33 - Sep 1 with 2973 viewsNW10Hoop

Excited? Me?

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1BLWB_enGB514GB537&
Austin and his move on 15:34 - Sep 1 with 2926 viewsessextaxiboy

Austin and his move on 15:30 - Sep 1 by BerkoRanger

Enormous credit to Sir Les and Chris. Whoohoo!!!

He has 4 already , if he could score 30 in this league he could still make the Euro squad ... IMO
Austin and his move on 15:37 - Sep 1 with 2860 viewsHooped_Pullie

Austin and his move on 15:31 - Sep 1 by johnhoop

Not going to call him a tosser Essex but would you not agree that we ought to stand a good chance of making the top six with the squad we have now if nobody leaves before 6pm?

Would be something very wrong if not top six with a full, undisturbed squad !!

More you look at it, in fact, the more you think top two. Add Fer, Sandro, Mackie to our existing top ones, mix in the new signings and you're easily - easily - looking at the best squad in the division.

Doesn't mean everything, of course. But a great opportunity for CR to prove me + other critics wrong.
Austin and his move on 15:38 - Sep 1 with 2814 viewsDeepcutHoop

Austin and his move on 15:31 - Sep 1 by bosh67

Just saw this. If he stays, which it looks like he will, it says a huge amount about the integrity of the man and puts a lot of the so called mercenaries of the game to shame.

It's to his credit if he gets his head down and works hard for us this year, but he'd probably have gone if anyone had met the price.

This is not a bad way to go for him tbh though, he will be looking at a huge signing on fee and wages next summer as a free agent.

The money we'll now miss out on is a worry, as is the added expectation we now have for the season ahead.

Without Austin and Phillips we were really looking at survival being a sensible aim. How many fans will now be expecting/demanding promotion?
Login to get fewer ads

Austin and his move on 15:38 - Sep 1 with 2809 viewsessextaxiboy

Austin and his move on 15:31 - Sep 1 by johnhoop

I said I thought we would win it and I stand by that .

We have 2 top keepers, We have strengthened the defence , no team in this division has a midfield like ours and we have the best striker in the league .

I think they were concerned about his fitness ... their loss IMO
Austin and his move on 15:40 - Sep 1 with 2761 viewspaulparker

Austin and his move on 15:26 - Sep 1 by essextaxiboy

Just seems like the goalposts are moving PP . As I say no caveats were mentioned .

Anything less than the playoffs and the blokes a t*sser again ? .

No one is spitting their dummy out to go , I think that speaks volumes for the new set up

its the Nature of the Job Essex, if LVG fcuks up having spent 250 million then he is a t0sser as well ,
i think with the squad we have now with the lads from Watford to come in as well
we have probably the best squad in the division
we cannot be looking at just consolidating , its there to be had this year ,
i also totally agree about the players at least being focused and not casuing aggro
makes a nice change doesnt it ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Austin and his move on 15:42 - Sep 1 with 2709 viewsNov77

Austin and his move on 15:31 - Sep 1 by bosh67

or it means no one else will match his wages!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Austin and his move on 15:44 - Sep 1 with 2666 viewsHooped_Pullie

Apparently Charlie is also now retweeting at least one commentator tweet confirming he's staying.

Right now it's looking good.
Austin and his move on 15:47 - Sep 1 with 2602 viewsAntti_Heinola

Austin and his move on 15:40 - Sep 1 by paulparker

its the Nature of the Job Essex, if LVG fcuks up having spent 250 million then he is a t0sser as well ,
i think with the squad we have now with the lads from Watford to come in as well
we have probably the best squad in the division
we cannot be looking at just consolidating , its there to be had this year ,
i also totally agree about the players at least being focused and not casuing aggro
makes a nice change doesnt it ?

So the pair of novices have done ok this summer then?

Bare bones.

Austin and his move on 15:48 - Sep 1 with 2568 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Delighted by this but it does make one think.
Sterling doesn't bother turning up for training at Liverpool yet gets his dream move. Charlie gets on with it, scores goals etc and doesn't get his move. I know which one is the right behaviour but looking at the outcome shows what is wrong with the modern game sadly.
Austin and his move on 15:59 - Sep 1 with 2426 viewstoreqpr

If Charlie stays offer him £5k for every goal and half for every assist.If he signs a new deal treble his £ and bonuses.He`ll deserve every £
Austin and his move on 16:01 - Sep 1 with 2381 viewsadhoc_qpr

Austin and his move on 15:59 - Sep 1 by toreqpr

If Charlie stays offer him £5k for every goal and half for every assist.If he signs a new deal treble his £ and bonuses.He`ll deserve every £

He's quids in either way - sign a new deal with us and get a pay rise now and an official release clause.

Or go next summer to one of the bigger clubs on a free, pocketing a hefty signing fee and a no doubt healthy wage packet after the new TV deal has kicked in.
Austin and his move on 16:01 - Sep 1 with 2378 viewspaulparker

Austin and his move on 15:47 - Sep 1 by Antti_Heinola

Hold up Annti i never had a pop at Les or the new CEO
if you read my posts prior today i said we had done good business bar Konchesky & Perch
as for Ramsey the jury is still out and im happy to be corrected if im wrong ,and ive said that many a time already this season,
so with the squad we have now do you not think anything less than a top 6 finish will be suffcient ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Austin and his move on 16:04 - Sep 1 with 2322 viewsWeaverQPR

Quick lets beat everybody who dared to doubt CR, LF et al

@WeavQPR

Austin and his move on 16:08 - Sep 1 with 2253 viewsAntti_Heinola

Austin and his move on 16:01 - Sep 1 by paulparker

Hold up Annti i never had a pop at Les or the new CEO
if you read my posts prior today i said we had done good business bar Konchesky & Perch
as for Ramsey the jury is still out and im happy to be corrected if im wrong ,and ive said that many a time already this season,
so with the squad we have now do you not think anything less than a top 6 finish will be suffcient ??

I was only teasing mate, come on, lighten up.

I'm with Essex on this I'm afraid. There's been a huge turnover of players, much change, a whole new defence, a whole new strike force.

I do admit, with the squad as is, I would hope for us to get top 6, yes. But we need to remain humble and work hard. I saw someone say after the Charlotn game: 'Austin should be good for at least a goal against Charlton' - the inference apparently being he should pretty much score in every single game in this league, which is ludicrous.

I'd be disappointed if we came lower than 10th. But having feared we might be fighting relegation as the summer started, I do think the play-offs are a realistic target now - because of the work Les and Chris have done. Both deserve credit.

Ned also turning down a move to the Prem says a lot: despite scurrilous rumours about Ramsey being 'aloof', I think the players that enjoy hard work enjoy playing for him.

Exciting times. But equally let's not start going mental if we lose the next couple, eh?

Bare bones.

Austin and his move on 16:09 - Sep 1 with 2238 viewsNorthernr

Austin and his move on 15:47 - Sep 1 by Antti_Heinola

I'll tell you who we haven't heard from today...
Austin and his move on 16:10 - Sep 1 with 2206 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Austin and his move on 16:09 - Sep 1 by Northernr

I'll tell you who we haven't heard from today...

'voice of doom'???
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 16:11]
Austin and his move on 16:19 - Sep 1 with 2092 viewssimmo

The thing is if QPR accept an offer, he has to agree and negotiate with one club, the one that we allow. If he is free from any contract he can initiate chats with 20 clubs and manufacture himself more money and better terms than he could possibly do right now. His stock will still be high and he could have another 20+ season under his belt. Also he knows that if clubs are saving on a transfer fee, they will pay a HEFTY sign on to try and get him to choose them. If you’re getting a £15m guaranteed goalscorer for nothing, you don’t mind paying all the other little perks that benefit the player. The only risk is if you get a bad injury — but he’s been pretty consistent with game time so far, despite what West Hams cnt owners say.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Austin and his move on 16:20 - Sep 1 with 2064 viewsDejR_vu

Austin and his move on 14:30 - Sep 1 by Northernr

I suspect Lee Hoos is going to need a stiff drink if we're selling nobody.
Don't agree on rather selling him now for £8m (nearly half his value) just to get something for him. Firstly, because he's worth more to us in the team this year than £8m. Secondly, because in a window where James Chester and Jonny Evans have cost £8m, £8m for Charlie Austin is a total fcking piss take. And thirdly because if our new 'model' is scouting and buying low to sell on high later, it's important we put a line in the sand now about how we'll conduct ourselves during a sale. If we roll over for £8m after saying £15m all summer on Austin, we can expect and will deserve a pillaging in the last hour of every summer transfer window. May make us a quick quid now but it will cost us further down the line when we come to sell Chery, Luongo etc.

He will be face down on his desk blowing hard into a brown paper bag. Wouldn't want to be his cat when he gets home tonight.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Austin and his move on 16:24 - Sep 1 with 2011 viewshopphoops

Austin and his move on 16:10 - Sep 1 by CroydonCaptJack

'voice of doom'???
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 16:11]

sinkhole of gloom?

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Austin and his move on 16:25 - Sep 1 with 1990 viewsNW10Hoop

Is Matt Phillips definitely staying too? If so this has to go down as QPR's best ever transfer window...... The root to branch rebuilding has only taken 8 weeks hahaha.

Seriously though, well done to all involved at the club. Clear that Les has already changed the perception of QPR. I know there'll be calls for calm here on the boards in days to come, and there will be reality checks throughout, but it is fun to think that there is a chance on any given day that we will absolutely ruin another teams goal difference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024