Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin and his move 20:35 - Aug 22 with 37566 viewsdannyblue

I think the fact nobody has come in with £15m has surprised and hurt Charlie. So too has Hodgson's refusal to give him a cap, unlike cultural insensitive Vardy. Charlie's reaction to Sullivan suggests someone who feels he's being under appreciated. I think that today he seemed to be trying to prove that he can contribute outside the box and is more than just a goalscorer. I've never seen him come so deep so often, and much of the time Massimo was playing beyond him. Charlie did really well for the first and second goals.

Today it was almost like he's had a conversation with Chris Ramsay and they've agreed that to get the move he wants, he should play deeper and demonstrate that he's not just a finisher, and that he can have an impact without playing alongside a target man.

The thing I rate most about Charlie is that he always improves. Every time he's faced a step up, it might take him a few games, but he's made it. Today suggests that he can become more than a finisher.

Also, I was surprised to read in the press suggestions that he's only looking for £45k a week after his move. If that's true, he might be better off letting his contract run down with us and proving the doubters wrong about how he can play. Bearing in mind that £15m is the equivalent of about £300k per week, on a free transfer he should be able to command a lot more than £45k, especially if he's fit for the season and shows people he can be effective as a lone striker and outside the box.

If he stays or goes, good luck to him.
Austin and his move on 16:28 - Sep 1 with 3863 viewsWeaverQPR

You can't argue that Ramsey ain't got the tools, very strong looking squad.

@WeavQPR

Austin and his move on 16:28 - Sep 1 with 3855 viewsNorthernr

Austin and his move on 16:25 - Sep 1 by NW10Hoop

Is Matt Phillips definitely staying too? If so this has to go down as QPR's best ever transfer window...... The root to branch rebuilding has only taken 8 weeks hahaha.

Seriously though, well done to all involved at the club. Clear that Les has already changed the perception of QPR. I know there'll be calls for calm here on the boards in days to come, and there will be reality checks throughout, but it is fun to think that there is a chance on any given day that we will absolutely ruin another teams goal difference.

Was told last week he's the least likely to leave, the most taken with Ramsey, the most settled etc.

That said, they'll be miles and miles away from FFP compliance, again, and will definitely have assumed some transfer fees are coming in and some wages going out so wouldn't surprise me to see them shift one on, even if they don't really want to, just to show willing. Only 90 minutes left now though.
Austin and his move on 16:30 - Sep 1 with 3831 viewsadhoc_qpr

Austin and his move on 16:08 - Sep 1 by Antti_Heinola

I was only teasing mate, come on, lighten up.

I'm with Essex on this I'm afraid. There's been a huge turnover of players, much change, a whole new defence, a whole new strike force.

I do admit, with the squad as is, I would hope for us to get top 6, yes. But we need to remain humble and work hard. I saw someone say after the Charlotn game: 'Austin should be good for at least a goal against Charlton' - the inference apparently being he should pretty much score in every single game in this league, which is ludicrous.

I'd be disappointed if we came lower than 10th. But having feared we might be fighting relegation as the summer started, I do think the play-offs are a realistic target now - because of the work Les and Chris have done. Both deserve credit.

Ned also turning down a move to the Prem says a lot: despite scurrilous rumours about Ramsey being 'aloof', I think the players that enjoy hard work enjoy playing for him.

Exciting times. But equally let's not start going mental if we lose the next couple, eh?

Plenty of good teams in the Championship who have been together longer than us and are poised for a promotion charge, so we can't take anything for granted for sure.

However, on paper we have the quality, experience and depth to push for promotion.

I'm still not convinced Ramsey is great, but I think he will get the squad to perform to it's potential. Basically i don't think he has the x-factor to make a team perform better than the sum of it's parts (say Burnley in 2014), but can do a solid enough job if given the tools.

Earlier in the summer when we had a bottom 5 squad with big holes that was a worry - now we have a top 10 quality squad that's what i'd expect.
Austin and his move on 16:32 - Sep 1 with 3791 viewspaulparker

I'm with Essex on this I'm afraid. There's been a huge turnover of players, much change, a whole new defence, a whole new strike force.

I do admit, with the squad as is, I would hope for us to get top 6, yes. But we need to remain humble and work hard. I saw someone say after the Charlotn game: 'Austin should be good for at least a goal against Charlton' - the inference apparently being he should pretty much score in every single game in this league, which is ludicrous.

I'd be disappointed if we came lower than 10th. But having feared we might be fighting relegation as the summer started, I do think the play-offs are a realistic target now - because of the work Les and Chris have done. Both deserve credit.

Ned also turning down a move to the Prem says a lot: despite scurrilous rumours about Ramsey being 'aloof', I think the players that enjoy hard work enjoy playing for him.

Exciting times. But equally let's not start going mental if we lose the next couple, eh?

Hey Im in a lightend mood Annti , we have had probaly our best Deadline day ever
im even feeling positive for the 1st time this year
and yes i agree with you that we cannot expect austin to score every game and there will be times we get beat , thats the nature of the division we are in
but on the flip side this is now Ramseys team, which i would say is the best squad of players we have had in the championship (better than NW, and bagpuss)
its really there for the taking this year , (if we dont sell in jan that is )
anything less than a play off place is faliure in my eyes

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Austin and his move on 16:34 - Sep 1 with 3720 viewsadhoc_qpr

Austin and his move on 16:32 - Sep 1 by paulparker

Hey Im in a lightend mood Annti , we have had probaly our best Deadline day ever
and yes i agree with you that we cannot expect austin to score every game and there will be times we get beat , thats the nature of the division we are in
but on the flip side this is now Ramseys team, which i would say is the best squad of players we have had in the championship (better than NW, and bagpuss)

We've now got the whole season to find potential replacement strikers for Austin (or at least until January).
Austin and his move on 16:42 - Sep 1 with 3612 viewsactonman

Anyone worried that Spurs might still come in after they get told to fcuk off by west broom ?

Not meant to respond to your post directly pp
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 16:46]
Austin and his move on 16:44 - Sep 1 with 3580 viewssimmo

Well then until it's mathematically not a possibility, I say we make sure there's no over-reaction and negativity peddling when we still lose the inevitable games. It's going to be a long hard season, nobody has the divine right to do anything in this league especially - but we've got a great chance. Let's judge Ramsey on the whole season, not just a league cup game ;-)

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Austin and his move on 16:46 - Sep 1 with 3542 viewspaulparker

Austin and his move on 16:42 - Sep 1 by actonman

Anyone worried that Spurs might still come in after they get told to fcuk off by west broom ?

if they do i would love us to charge that little gimp Levy 20 -22 million, the amount of times he has tucked us up at transfer windows , he is due one back from us

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Austin and his move on 16:47 - Sep 1 with 3503 viewsDWQPR

Could swap him for Kane and receive an additional £10 million in the process I suppose.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Austin and his move on 16:56 - Sep 1 with 3373 viewsPhildo

Great that Peace at WBA is schooling that prick Levy provided it does not affect us
Austin and his move on 16:57 - Sep 1 with 3351 viewsNW10Hoop

Austin and his move on 16:28 - Sep 1 by Northernr

Was told last week he's the least likely to leave, the most taken with Ramsey, the most settled etc.

That said, they'll be miles and miles away from FFP compliance, again, and will definitely have assumed some transfer fees are coming in and some wages going out so wouldn't surprise me to see them shift one on, even if they don't really want to, just to show willing. Only 90 minutes left now though.

We've definitely taken a chunk out of the wage bill, Green (who I think has been great) Hoilett and Traore have less than 12 months left to run, we've got in a bit of wedge from McCarthy and Sterling and we've released a load of high earners... That leaves Diakite, Sandro and (possibly)Fer as the only ones of the big money brigade left who aren't providing value. On paper at least that's got to look like we're making the right steps.

Charlie is worth every penny, and even if it's just a gesture I think he should be offered a new contract. He is the best example to our lower league signings that if you work hard for the club you get rewarded both in contract and support from the fans. Equally there should be no hard feelings if he chooses to leave on a free at the end of the season - he has been exceptional value
Austin and his move on 17:07 - Sep 1 with 3203 viewsPhilmyRs

You’ve rightly cited the huge overhaul of the squad that Ramsey’s had to contend with and although acknowledging the strength of the squad (we will potentially have) have pointed to the degree of change taking place and reminded fans need to stay patient. Out of interest, was that the same view you took 2 years ago under Redknapp and the level of change that took place then?

At the time, it struck me that a lot of people looked at the strength of the team we assembled under Harry in the Championship and thought that squad should, as a minimum be getting in the play-offs. The amount of change he had to oversee wasn’t really cited as justification for not making the play-offs. You could argue the squad we have now (assuming it stays as is) is just as strong, if not stronger. Surely if we’re playing fair, we would expect Ramsey to at least make top 6?
Austin and his move on 17:10 - Sep 1 with 3171 viewsstowmarketrange

I still think that Palarse will try to get him at 17.50 leaving us in the sh#t again.
Austin and his move on 17:13 - Sep 1 with 3138 viewswombat

Austin and his move on 17:10 - Sep 1 by stowmarketrange

I still think that Palarse will try to get him at 17.50 leaving us in the sh#t again.

id ring levy up now and say you can have him for 10 million , then leave the phone off the hook till 601pm

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Austin and his move on 17:15 - Sep 1 with 3115 viewsdanehoop

Austin and his move on 17:07 - Sep 1 by PhilmyRs

You’ve rightly cited the huge overhaul of the squad that Ramsey’s had to contend with and although acknowledging the strength of the squad (we will potentially have) have pointed to the degree of change taking place and reminded fans need to stay patient. Out of interest, was that the same view you took 2 years ago under Redknapp and the level of change that took place then?

At the time, it struck me that a lot of people looked at the strength of the team we assembled under Harry in the Championship and thought that squad should, as a minimum be getting in the play-offs. The amount of change he had to oversee wasn’t really cited as justification for not making the play-offs. You could argue the squad we have now (assuming it stays as is) is just as strong, if not stronger. Surely if we’re playing fair, we would expect Ramsey to at least make top 6?

Actually I don't agree. My expectations for Ramsay are lower given he has had to contend with a very different set of financial circumstances than either saggy chops or clueless ever had. He is also subject to a much greater degree of scrutiny in what he does both on and off the pitch. He is also in his first ,managers job and actually looking to coach and improve players and giving them all the opportunity to perform. He clearly has a great deal more tactical acumen than his predecessors and seems to learn from his mistakes.

I'll give him a great deal more leeway than others might as there genuinely seems to be a method and strategy to what is being pursued that could get us back towards a sustainable model. Ramsay out.

Never knowingly understood

Austin and his move on 17:29 - Sep 1 with 2952 views2Thomas2Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Austin and his move on 17:56 - Sep 1 with 2786 viewsGetMeRangers

Bianca seems pretty happy too

he looks like a player with fire in his belly to prove the doubters and critics wrong if his tweet is anything to go by (backing up last night's)

Austin and his move on 18:11 - Sep 1 with 2647 viewslosethedrum

Austin and his move on 17:56 - Sep 1 by GetMeRangers

he looks like a player with fire in his belly to prove the doubters and critics wrong if his tweet is anything to go by (backing up last night's)

Brilliant movie clip Morris !
Austin and his move on 18:16 - Sep 1 with 2587 viewsPinnerPaul

So we can officially relax now can we?
Austin and his move on 18:17 - Sep 1 with 2573 viewsDejR_vu

Austin and his move on 17:56 - Sep 1 by GetMeRangers

Get a new contract under his nose first thing in the morning

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Austin and his move on 18:19 - Sep 1 with 2547 viewsJuzzie

Glad we haven't lost the people we thought we would. Hasn't raised my expectations though. Really hope others don't ramp up theirs thinking we're going to storm the division now, will just put further pressure on the club

A lot could still happen in January but for now, lets enjoy the next 4-5 months at least.
Austin and his move on 18:22 - Sep 1 with 2512 viewsPinnerPaul

Yes but others have said, its hard to deny we don't have best squad in this league.

In Green, Phillips and Charlie we have players who have to be in top 10 players in this div for a start.
Austin and his move on 18:33 - Sep 1 with 2419 viewsPhildo

It would be nice to think that Charlie had a look at the reception Stan Bowles got and thought he would like to be held in a similar long term affection by the church
Austin and his move on 18:34 - Sep 1 with 2407 views18StoneOfHoop

"They tried to get to get Charlie to go to Selhurst,
He said No! No! No!"

Charlie told them Mouldy Croydon Cheese Rolls to feck right off!

Even if it's for just 3 more months at LR,that's enough to love and respect the fella for ever more..

Manure fans just like Geordies thought they had chances:

CHARLIE YOU BEAUTY! Totally made up and chuffed Hoopsman off the Askew Road. Shepherd's Bush pubs brace yourselves..
I'll have a drink - or 8 - to Charlie The King!

[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 18:39]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Austin and his move on 18:56 - Sep 1 with 2257 viewsGetMeRangers

18stone
Personally I am demanding an open top bus parade for Charlie and Matty staying
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024