Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? 23:10 - Aug 25 with 20489 viewsLblock

So Benny the Super Yoof coach has deigned that the club will religiously play 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3
Clearly this system can work if your full backs are quality and the midfield 3 work like Trojans plus have pace and physique.

Now sometimes you'll come up against spirited well drilled sides who may play 3-5-2 and work their nads off. A team like maybe Carlisle.

So if your midfielders and front three include:
A lazy fooker like JET
The total plank who is WC rotating with the aforementioned JET and running into players like a bluebottle on a double glazed window
An immobile poor player like Oscar Goeburn
A raw and rash player like Doughty
A right footed striker Reece-Cox playing left of the 2 / 3

....then I'm sorry but you're going to be in trouble
I don't blame the players except JET, all the rest did actually try (although Doughty allowed their player to completely lose him for the second).
It's embarrassing that our players, no matter age or experience, could not make Benny the Super Yoof Coach's system work but like I say I don't blame them, the man in the straight jacket set them up and they're not suited to it.
He doggedly refused to acknowledge that Polter was being eaten up by Carlisles three and when he did win aimless punts he was isolated. On re-starts Carlisles 3 simply stretched our front 3 out, sucked Polter in by a player dropping into each full back position and then our midfielders got caught betwixt and between leaving Carlisles 5 man midfield to dominate and move play up or choose to use the flanks where our fullbacks had no protection at all.

Benny only unfolded his arms to replace line for like subs and I could not believe he left John Thomas on -- Furlong looked awful as he had nothing in front of him helping
(Note - I acknowledge John got the goal via a keeper error and did actually run at Carlisle 4 of 5 times but the man is a liability defensively and is deceptively slow). I'd of matched Carlisle up (embarrassing but needed) and maybe actually taken the game to them a bit more. The players don't look like they believe in Benny or his ideas, that or they are confused. I do also wonder if the word I heard tonight that Benny has developed a very aloof manner since appointed has any weight -- it would explain a lot about the man.

Okay we lost again to a lower league team in the cup. I'm somewhat used to that. I'm more concerned at yet another brace conceded and how Benny's stubborn inflexible approach and, to coin his phrase "game management" will play out to December.
Once Austin and Phillips go we have a big issue. If I was Bungle and is just banked c£23mill for those two I'd need convincing that targets to replace them are more Chery than JET. Not sure I'd let our novices loose with anymore change in their pockets, but what to do?!?!?

Three year contracts are a wonderful thing aren't they?

I hear all the usual guff about time needed, that fcukin "gel" word and all that; but I've seen nothing from Benny to convince me he's the man to steady this peddlo or find still waters. He has shown me ineptitude, stubbornness, a bit of an old boys favour approach and also is so negative in persona it's unreal

Buckle up you bitches, this could get bumpy

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 23:19 - Aug 25 with 6338 viewsFredManRave

So you're *b-b-b-blaming Benny and The Jet?!

*apologies the b key got stuck although it seems to b-b-b-be o.k. now.

Ah b-b-b-bollox.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 23:19 - Aug 25 with 6159 viewsvegasranger

When I saw the team for me there was no choice other than 4-4-2. Polter up front with JET ( what a liability he will be playing midfield ). Hoilet on the left and Cox ( another striker ) on the right.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 23:37 - Aug 25 with 6087 viewsJigsore

Wanted to give a chance to many youth and fringe players, difficult to judge people if you play them in a system the first team doesn't play.

By the looks of it Ramsey has had it with Hoilett. He's useless in every position...

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 23:41 - Aug 25 with 6038 viewscoolranger

My feeling on this?

He is out of his depth.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 23:48 - Aug 25 with 5990 viewsPunteR

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 23:41 - Aug 25 by coolranger

My feeling on this?

He is out of his depth.

I love this site

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 23:52 - Aug 25 with 5886 viewsbacardiinbrissie

1 loss with our second string and we're back to Ramsey Out again.

Suprisingly predictable, but everyones entitled to thier own opinion i suppose. Just didnt hear it much last Saturday....?

He's got another 10 games for me.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:07 - Aug 26 with 5822 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 23:52 - Aug 25 by bacardiinbrissie

1 loss with our second string and we're back to Ramsey Out again.

Suprisingly predictable, but everyones entitled to thier own opinion i suppose. Just didnt hear it much last Saturday....?

He's got another 10 games for me.

So, so predictable isn't it!!
It is actually quite pathetic.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:12 - Aug 26 with 5799 viewscoolranger

QPR's second string should be able to defeat a lower League 2 side at home.

But as we have seen about 20 times in fifteen years now, "we don't do Cups".

Sorry, it's rubbish. We should win these games with something to spare, regardless of our side.

As to my Ramsey comment? I'm sure he's a great bloke. BUT, my hunch is that he is out of his depth as the front man - I hope I'm wrong and then I'll stick my hand up. It's my gut feeling.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:22 - Aug 26 with 5768 viewsPunteR

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:12 - Aug 26 by coolranger

QPR's second string should be able to defeat a lower League 2 side at home.

But as we have seen about 20 times in fifteen years now, "we don't do Cups".

Sorry, it's rubbish. We should win these games with something to spare, regardless of our side.

As to my Ramsey comment? I'm sure he's a great bloke. BUT, my hunch is that he is out of his depth as the front man - I hope I'm wrong and then I'll stick my hand up. It's my gut feeling.

Keep cool coolranger.
Its a crap result but you cant blame Ramsey. He gave the kids a chance. We didn't play our best players,if we did we probably would have won.
Capital one cup isn't priority.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:27 - Aug 26 with 5745 viewsBrightonhoop

Signed his own sick note, tho no? Want to rely on him and that's what you get. Cup Run? Wots one of them? Just had to go past Carlisle at HOME. ffs.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:32 - Aug 26 with 5711 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:22 - Aug 26 by PunteR

Keep cool coolranger.
Its a crap result but you cant blame Ramsey. He gave the kids a chance. We didn't play our best players,if we did we probably would have won.
Capital one cup isn't priority.

Exactly , hopefully no injuries .

Couldnt give a sh*t about the result , Name most Rangers managers and you can find a similar cup defeat in their record .

You wil find a few Prem teams whose second string will go out to lower league opposition .

Predictable over reaction on here.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:37 - Aug 26 with 5681 viewskensalriser

Thing is essex, once we stop getting angry at these pathetic capitulations by thrown together sides that have never played a competitive game together, we become part of the brave new Sky world that says the only thing that matters in football is the Premier League.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:40 - Aug 26 with 5674 viewsJuzzie

Blmey, didnt take long! Yes, i know people are entitled to their opininons but here's an interesting bit of info to ponder.....

I had a quick look at last seasons Championship table and the lowest highest (I hope that makes sense!) placed team that won more games than it didn't win was 4th place. Fourth! That means every team placed 5th or below didnt win more games than it won yet two of those still got in the play offs.
Charlton, who finished exactly mid table won 14 games and didnt win 32. I hear a lot that mid table is a reasonable expectation this season so that means we will probably only win about 1/3 of our games. If we are going to chastise the manager every time we dont win a game (and could still be in the play offs) its going to be a long season....

I'm aware tonight was a cup game, where we played a lot of the kids - just as people have said we should, but the point is only the top few teams win more games than they dont so dont get so wound up when we dont win games.

Peace.

[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 1:17]
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:42 - Aug 26 with 5661 viewsSomersetHoops

We haven't even got a full first team yet, so we can't expect much from our reserves. It does seem Toilet is due to be flushed away. It's necessary to use.cup to evaluate players because of our hopeless pre-season, so I'm not really surprised we lost and some players let themselves down.

Who's Next?

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:47 - Aug 26 with 5623 viewsScubaHoop

Sorry LBlock but that's an absolute load of shite. He played youth players in their best positions and gave a chance to those on the periphery of the squad. 1000% exactly what he should be doing. That team could just have easily won that game. Please save the 'FFS Benny out threads' for when it's deserved.

I started the season kind of on the fence with Ramsey but seeing the way he sets out the teams, playing players in position, urgency, attacking mentality, the little bit of swagger Luongo and Faulin have put into the midfield, Christ we've scored from a corner the other day! It feels like the proper QPR is coming back. I don't follow QPR to see them win every week, I follow them because they're the coolest team in the whole fukcing world. This season we're actually beginning to play like it. I for one am totally behind Chris Ramsey.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:53 - Aug 26 with 5606 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:37 - Aug 26 by kensalriser

Thing is essex, once we stop getting angry at these pathetic capitulations by thrown together sides that have never played a competitive game together, we become part of the brave new Sky world that says the only thing that matters in football is the Premier League.

We played on Wednesday , then Saturday , now Tuesday .

Why would you play your first team in all of those games , you just cant ,you invite early season injurys like Mackie has or worse you suffer a big one to a key player or god forbid a career ender to the likes of Ale .

So you prioritise , especially this early in the season its not much more than a friendly .

There will be a few chances during the season for those who think Ramsey will fail to say their piece . We wont beat play off favourites on their own pitch every week .

Thats the way I feel anyway . Expect another 5 or 6 threads to be opened during tomorrow all with ever increasing indignancy .
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 01:35 - Aug 26 with 5543 viewsitsbiga

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 00:47 - Aug 26 by ScubaHoop

Sorry LBlock but that's an absolute load of shite. He played youth players in their best positions and gave a chance to those on the periphery of the squad. 1000% exactly what he should be doing. That team could just have easily won that game. Please save the 'FFS Benny out threads' for when it's deserved.

I started the season kind of on the fence with Ramsey but seeing the way he sets out the teams, playing players in position, urgency, attacking mentality, the little bit of swagger Luongo and Faulin have put into the midfield, Christ we've scored from a corner the other day! It feels like the proper QPR is coming back. I don't follow QPR to see them win every week, I follow them because they're the coolest team in the whole fukcing world. This season we're actually beginning to play like it. I for one am totally behind Chris Ramsey.

Nice one

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 02:38 - Aug 26 with 5472 viewsDylanP

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 23:41 - Aug 25 by coolranger

My feeling on this?

He is out of his depth.

Really?? 6th in the league would seem to disagree with that feeling!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 06:16 - Aug 26 with 5358 viewsLblock

Okay. So let me get this right. Benny is doing a fantastic job because in its early stages we're 6th in the league

So everybody's happy with:-
Benny's fizzle out end to our Premiership tenure and the football we played
The terrible pre-season we've had yet again
The capitulation against Charlton 2nd half
Throwing away a lucky two goal lead against the Taffs
Almost doing exactly the same against the mighty Rotherham
Last nights embarrassing display to Keith the Tactician Curle's world beating Carlisle

A common theme throughout the above has been Benny's inability to react to situations and inflexibility of team set ups. He doggedly persists with the shape he wants to play despite what's unfolding in front of him.
The players look unfit, lethargic or simply demotivated in large spells of games -- not at all times, which is odd.
His substitutions, or lack of them at times, make little or no sense and never seem to change the game in our favour.

The backstop to this is he's clearly a part of Bungle & Co.'s new ethos of football on the cheap. I never agreed with the millions being lavished and thought it scandalous that a club like ours should be spending £12mill on Samba and that's all come home to roost. If you're going down a consolidation and buy stop gaps / ones for the future route then backing the cheap option for 1st team manager was the wrong choice. Ramsey has a proven track record of being a man in the background developing players and pushing their cause for the 1st team squad. He has no match day experience and it shows up large. This means we've a double problem as we clearly need a man with his expertise at the club but we'll lose him when the inevitable axe swings. Typical QPR proactive planning

So you may think I'm talking shite or over reacting off the back of yet another pathetic cup exit (I'm not by the way -- only got ticket last night as cheap and may need loyalty points for away games); that's fine. Just show me where I'm wrong and I should be confident Benny is the man for the next 2 years and 7 months?
Please don't use victories against Yeovil and mighty Rotherham as the foundation of your reason though!!

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 06:23 - Aug 26 with 5347 viewsPey

Dissapointed with the result but the more frustrated thing i feel is that players who had the chance to impress CR with performances didn't cover themselves in glory.

These are the games players like Polter, Gobern, JET, Hoilett should give CR headaches in the right way.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 06:56 - Aug 26 with 5270 viewsJamie

Jesus wept.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 07:00 - Aug 26 with 5257 viewsWatford_Ranger

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 06:16 - Aug 26 by Lblock

Okay. So let me get this right. Benny is doing a fantastic job because in its early stages we're 6th in the league

So everybody's happy with:-
Benny's fizzle out end to our Premiership tenure and the football we played
The terrible pre-season we've had yet again
The capitulation against Charlton 2nd half
Throwing away a lucky two goal lead against the Taffs
Almost doing exactly the same against the mighty Rotherham
Last nights embarrassing display to Keith the Tactician Curle's world beating Carlisle

A common theme throughout the above has been Benny's inability to react to situations and inflexibility of team set ups. He doggedly persists with the shape he wants to play despite what's unfolding in front of him.
The players look unfit, lethargic or simply demotivated in large spells of games -- not at all times, which is odd.
His substitutions, or lack of them at times, make little or no sense and never seem to change the game in our favour.

The backstop to this is he's clearly a part of Bungle & Co.'s new ethos of football on the cheap. I never agreed with the millions being lavished and thought it scandalous that a club like ours should be spending £12mill on Samba and that's all come home to roost. If you're going down a consolidation and buy stop gaps / ones for the future route then backing the cheap option for 1st team manager was the wrong choice. Ramsey has a proven track record of being a man in the background developing players and pushing their cause for the 1st team squad. He has no match day experience and it shows up large. This means we've a double problem as we clearly need a man with his expertise at the club but we'll lose him when the inevitable axe swings. Typical QPR proactive planning

So you may think I'm talking shite or over reacting off the back of yet another pathetic cup exit (I'm not by the way -- only got ticket last night as cheap and may need loyalty points for away games); that's fine. Just show me where I'm wrong and I should be confident Benny is the man for the next 2 years and 7 months?
Please don't use victories against Yeovil and mighty Rotherham as the foundation of your reason though!!

I don't know for a fact that Ramsey will be the right man but I do know that whiney threads every time we don't win are unnecessary and mostly created to fuel the poster's sense of self-importance.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 07:06 - Aug 26 with 5245 viewsLblock

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 07:00 - Aug 26 by Watford_Ranger

I don't know for a fact that Ramsey will be the right man but I do know that whiney threads every time we don't win are unnecessary and mostly created to fuel the poster's sense of self-importance.

A well reasoned, thought out and succinct reply which fills me with warmth and knowledge

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 07:13 - Aug 26 with 5222 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If we were to start sacking managers based on results in cups, we'd be going through three a year minimum!

Nothing to be read into last night at all. In fact, as was shown by the poor turnout, no one is much interested in the competition any more and the football authorities should stop wasting everyone's time and call a halt to it. Frankly, I wouldn't bother entering next season!

A win last night or on Saturday? I suspect the Rfosi if asked to vote might well choose the latter.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 07:44 - Aug 26 with 5085 viewspaulparker

I can't believe that some fans are happy to get beat by a 2nd division team at home
It's a shocking result that shouldn't be swept under the carpet so easily as some are
Ramsey takes the blame here, that team was of non league standard last night
How about we build momentum after our recent run
Some even turning there noses up at a trip to Liverpool
And as for our defending, again is that not down to Ramsey to sort?? Wasn't he a defender himself in his playing days ??
You can't keep winning games by conceding 2 goals a game ,
For a brilliant coach it's strange that we are so badly organised at the back

I await the usual Chelsea fan insults

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024