Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? 23:10 - Aug 25 with 20490 viewsLblock

So Benny the Super Yoof coach has deigned that the club will religiously play 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3
Clearly this system can work if your full backs are quality and the midfield 3 work like Trojans plus have pace and physique.

Now sometimes you'll come up against spirited well drilled sides who may play 3-5-2 and work their nads off. A team like maybe Carlisle.

So if your midfielders and front three include:
A lazy fooker like JET
The total plank who is WC rotating with the aforementioned JET and running into players like a bluebottle on a double glazed window
An immobile poor player like Oscar Goeburn
A raw and rash player like Doughty
A right footed striker Reece-Cox playing left of the 2 / 3

....then I'm sorry but you're going to be in trouble
I don't blame the players except JET, all the rest did actually try (although Doughty allowed their player to completely lose him for the second).
It's embarrassing that our players, no matter age or experience, could not make Benny the Super Yoof Coach's system work but like I say I don't blame them, the man in the straight jacket set them up and they're not suited to it.
He doggedly refused to acknowledge that Polter was being eaten up by Carlisles three and when he did win aimless punts he was isolated. On re-starts Carlisles 3 simply stretched our front 3 out, sucked Polter in by a player dropping into each full back position and then our midfielders got caught betwixt and between leaving Carlisles 5 man midfield to dominate and move play up or choose to use the flanks where our fullbacks had no protection at all.

Benny only unfolded his arms to replace line for like subs and I could not believe he left John Thomas on -- Furlong looked awful as he had nothing in front of him helping
(Note - I acknowledge John got the goal via a keeper error and did actually run at Carlisle 4 of 5 times but the man is a liability defensively and is deceptively slow). I'd of matched Carlisle up (embarrassing but needed) and maybe actually taken the game to them a bit more. The players don't look like they believe in Benny or his ideas, that or they are confused. I do also wonder if the word I heard tonight that Benny has developed a very aloof manner since appointed has any weight -- it would explain a lot about the man.

Okay we lost again to a lower league team in the cup. I'm somewhat used to that. I'm more concerned at yet another brace conceded and how Benny's stubborn inflexible approach and, to coin his phrase "game management" will play out to December.
Once Austin and Phillips go we have a big issue. If I was Bungle and is just banked c£23mill for those two I'd need convincing that targets to replace them are more Chery than JET. Not sure I'd let our novices loose with anymore change in their pockets, but what to do?!?!?

Three year contracts are a wonderful thing aren't they?

I hear all the usual guff about time needed, that fcukin "gel" word and all that; but I've seen nothing from Benny to convince me he's the man to steady this peddlo or find still waters. He has shown me ineptitude, stubbornness, a bit of an old boys favour approach and also is so negative in persona it's unreal

Buckle up you bitches, this could get bumpy

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 13:44 - Aug 26 with 2133 viewsPinnerPaul

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:54 - Aug 26 by The_Mole

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but why isn't the Capital One and FA Cup our priority?

The majority on here bemoan the Premiershite and how we (as fans) are fed up watching our side loose every week. Fans and members of the club have said the aim is to build on what we have, which might take a few years before we return to the big time. With that in mind, what is our goal then - to finish mid table every year in a mediocre championship, or at least put out a decent side and give these cup games a go? If we had the starting 11 from Saturday playing, then we could argue we were beaten by a better side and an upset has occurred but all too often we play a young, inexperienced team, who only play together in training and then wonder why we've been dumped out in the early stages yet again!

You ARE missing something

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 13:47 - Aug 26 with 2125 viewspaulparker

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 12:43 - Aug 26 by TW_R

Well this article was posted on the offish yesterday afternoon, somw 7 hours before kick off.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/chris-ramsey-qpr-carlisle-united-capital-one-c

Not entirely sure why anyone expected us to:- 1. Play the first team and 2. Win 2 cup games in a row. There are some people on here who have either only supported the Rs for 2 years or are deliberately forgetting our cup history just so they can moan about something.

1/ We play the 1st team, bar Austin, Luango & Faurlin as we want to win the game and progress to the next round

2/err we are playing carlisle Utd at Home ffs , is that not unreasonable for us to do then, beat two div 2 teams in a cup competion

so our sh1t cup history is allowed to continue and we dont hold Ramsey accountable, so in essence its a free game like our bonus games last year ?

at the end of the day we lost to carlisle & thats a disgrace which Ramsey should be held accountable for , its a forum what do you expect fans to do , no one has said Ramsey should be sacked, but questions need to be asked about team selection, tactics, subs and how poor our defence is every game

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 13:53 - Aug 26 with 2096 viewsWeaverQPR

I didn't see the game so my comment might be way off the mark but I get the impression if these EFS lads and back up players need to be relied upon in the championship then we are in big trouble.

For me Ramsey hasn't earned the right to be able to drop 11 players and throw a cup tie.

@WeavQPR

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 14:15 - Aug 26 with 2048 viewsfrancisbowles

If the majority of last nights team had performed, individually and collectively, as they are believed to be capable of, then we would have won the game easily as we did at Yeovil.

Unfortunately, probably nine of them performed poorly and as the game progressed Carlisle grew in confidence and effort. It happens. Look at the number of Championship casualties in the first round and the number of top sides that survived narrowly in both rounds.

In my view, team and tactics the right approach. Substitutions, a bit premature risk putting Luongo on when it was 1-1.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 14:33 - Aug 26 with 2006 viewsTW_R

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 13:47 - Aug 26 by paulparker

1/ We play the 1st team, bar Austin, Luango & Faurlin as we want to win the game and progress to the next round

2/err we are playing carlisle Utd at Home ffs , is that not unreasonable for us to do then, beat two div 2 teams in a cup competion

so our sh1t cup history is allowed to continue and we dont hold Ramsey accountable, so in essence its a free game like our bonus games last year ?

at the end of the day we lost to carlisle & thats a disgrace which Ramsey should be held accountable for , its a forum what do you expect fans to do , no one has said Ramsey should be sacked, but questions need to be asked about team selection, tactics, subs and how poor our defence is every game

Yeah - we could've played our first team and just as likely to have lost. Or picked up a serious injury to someone. Either of these could have had an impact on the confidence of any of those first team players.

Hold Ramsey accountable for what? Losing a meaningless cup game? Gerry Francis took one of our best-ever teams to Stockport County and lost in the FA Cup. Vauxhall Motors, MK Dons, Rochdale, Port Vale, Leyton Orient, Yeovil. All a disgrace, but none unexpected. That's really my point.

I'm still not convinced by Ramsey. He's got a lot wrong. But I do think he should be given time to do things as he (and Les) would like to do them. We've tried one approach that has been a complete shambles, so it would be good to allow some time for a more sensible approach to take shape.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 15:28 - Aug 26 with 1938 viewspaulparker

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 14:33 - Aug 26 by TW_R

Yeah - we could've played our first team and just as likely to have lost. Or picked up a serious injury to someone. Either of these could have had an impact on the confidence of any of those first team players.

Hold Ramsey accountable for what? Losing a meaningless cup game? Gerry Francis took one of our best-ever teams to Stockport County and lost in the FA Cup. Vauxhall Motors, MK Dons, Rochdale, Port Vale, Leyton Orient, Yeovil. All a disgrace, but none unexpected. That's really my point.

I'm still not convinced by Ramsey. He's got a lot wrong. But I do think he should be given time to do things as he (and Les) would like to do them. We've tried one approach that has been a complete shambles, so it would be good to allow some time for a more sensible approach to take shape.

we could have lost with the 1st team thats true, but we could have won and maybe kept a clean sheet, which in turns breeds confidence does it not ?
but when that team was annouced last night it was as certain as febuary flu we would lose ,
who else is accountable for losing against a league 2 team if its not the manager ??
likewise the same as Redknapp, Francis, Olly , are all accountable for losing against lower league sides ,
it may be meaningless for you, but not me, i would kill for a cup run im old enough to rememeber 86 and the buzz of going to wembley and the run we had , it would certaintley make the season more exciting than huddersfield away
the point is Ramsey should be striving to buck the trend of being dumped out by August
as Weaver said, he hasnt earned the right to toss off cup games
as for players getting injured, well they could get injured next week or the week after
and the week after that , i think thats a silly argument , players are paid to play football
as i said i havent seen one thread about ramsey getting the sack, im not convinced far from it , infact i dont even think he is that great a coach
he has had the plaudits this week and which is fair enough , well he now needs to take the stick and rightly so for last nights abject faliure

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 16:07 - Aug 26 with 1886 viewsvegasranger

I'm not sure most of our first team deserved the rest with the level of fitness on show. Keep hearing the team needs to gel and we send out the reserves. At least we got a chance to look at the youth that's been held back and 5 Ramsay signings.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 16:29 - Aug 26 with 1860 viewsRangers67

Anyone at the club aware that a decent cup run generates income apart from anything else ? As has been said before CR might be a nice bloke but that don,t cut it in this or any other league. As we have seen before if you want to get out of this league you need someone with a bit of nous and experience. We are continually being told that we are hard up ( I don,t choose to believe that bull ), so why not try and stay in this cup for a couple more rounds ? As for the style of play, what I have seen so far ain,t great, long hopefull balls up to Charlie and hope for the best, no plan to retain possession from throw ins, continually giving the ball back to the opposition etc. Unfortunatley for him CR is out of his depth.......anyone got Neil Warnocks number ?
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 16:36 - Aug 26 with 1845 viewsTonto

so are we going to get such a long thread of complaint after complaint after every game we lose?

stupid question...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 16:43 - Aug 26 with 1830 viewspaulparker

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 16:36 - Aug 26 by Tonto

so are we going to get such a long thread of complaint after complaint after every game we lose?

stupid question...

So after losing to a side thats always in the bottom 5 of League 2 (the old 4th divison)
you think the fans dont have a right to complain ??

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 16:50 - Aug 26 with 1807 viewsElHoop

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 16:36 - Aug 26 by Tonto

stupid question...

I can't see that Ramsey has done anything worse than maintain the club's recent tradition of devotion to the cups. It's up to the owners to ask what can be done to change the general perception of us 'not trying', which is reflected in the gates for these games. But as a fan, I think that it's fair to ask whether the approach could be improved, even if it's not a full strength side that goes out onto the pitch. If they want to try out kids and fringe players then organise friendlies with clubs in the same position, if they want to rest players then rest them, but if they want me to pay to see these games then there's got to be some evidence of a renewed effort. If people are posting up similar stuff then what's the problem? Sure it can be annoying when people keep posting the same stuff about Ramsey over and again, but that's life, they aren't too smart. They did the same to Redknapp and Hughes, and Hughes was the worst manager ever anyway, so they said. But it was a bad result last night and it's fair game.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 16:51 - Aug 26 with 1804 viewsNorthernr

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 16:43 - Aug 26 by paulparker

So after losing to a side thats always in the bottom 5 of League 2 (the old 4th divison)
you think the fans dont have a right to complain ??

Don't think some of the essays on here are slightly over the top? I mean we lost 2-0 to Port Vale the year we won the league under Warnock. Seems an odd stick to beat Ramsey with - all our managers, successful and otherwise, have bombed in that competition every year in very similar style, apart from Dowie actually.

And, as said previously, deathly quiet on here after Wolves last week. It really feels like some people are eagerly waiting for each defeat so they can kick off, and each win is met with a grudging "well the Wolves keeper was sht" or "Rotherham are crap". Every set back is met with an absolute outpouring, multiple threads, huge posts. Each win gets relatively very little response.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 16:58 - Aug 26 with 1780 viewspaulparker

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 16:51 - Aug 26 by Northernr

Don't think some of the essays on here are slightly over the top? I mean we lost 2-0 to Port Vale the year we won the league under Warnock. Seems an odd stick to beat Ramsey with - all our managers, successful and otherwise, have bombed in that competition every year in very similar style, apart from Dowie actually.

And, as said previously, deathly quiet on here after Wolves last week. It really feels like some people are eagerly waiting for each defeat so they can kick off, and each win is met with a grudging "well the Wolves keeper was sht" or "Rotherham are crap". Every set back is met with an absolute outpouring, multiple threads, huge posts. Each win gets relatively very little response.

at the time of the Port vale game under Warnock we had 2 wins scoring 7 goals and conceding 0 , we have conceded 2 goals per game with our strongest back four , this was a game in my eyes where that back four would have gained more confidence if we had kept a clean sheet
im pretty sure Northern that Warnock got stick on here after that game , quite rightly as he made huge changes as well
the diffrence between the 2 is that Ramsey has a lot of people to win over and tossing off games against the likes of carlisle isnt going to help him

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:02 - Aug 26 with 1768 viewsNorthernr

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 16:58 - Aug 26 by paulparker

at the time of the Port vale game under Warnock we had 2 wins scoring 7 goals and conceding 0 , we have conceded 2 goals per game with our strongest back four , this was a game in my eyes where that back four would have gained more confidence if we had kept a clean sheet
im pretty sure Northern that Warnock got stick on here after that game , quite rightly as he made huge changes as well
the diffrence between the 2 is that Ramsey has a lot of people to win over and tossing off games against the likes of carlisle isnt going to help him

But when he does produce a result that should start winning people over, such as Wolves last week, everybody goes quiet.

If he'd started with Onuoha last night and he'd done his hamstring (as he does frequently) we'd have been left with Hill and Hall as our only centre backs and only a couple of days of the transfer window left to sort it, so no doubt he'd have been pilloried for that.

Only lost once in the league, currently sixth, won in the previous round of the cup, is it that much different to Warnock's start?

I'm just really surprised at the hatred that's all, it seems over the top. I've kept off here most of today and TBH I think I'll do that when the result goes against us more often now.

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:05 - Aug 26 with 1755 viewsadhoc_qpr

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 16:51 - Aug 26 by Northernr

All true, but it would be nice if the brave new era included a fresh approach to cup competitions wouldn't it?

Also there is less to analyse/dissect in a win maybe?
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:06 - Aug 26 with 1749 viewsNorthernr

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:05 - Aug 26 by adhoc_qpr

All true, but it would be nice if the brave new era included a fresh approach to cup competitions wouldn't it?

Less to hammer him with more like.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:52 - Aug 26 with 1656 viewsRangersw12

Disappointed with the result as would of loved a cup run but far more happy with the 6 points out the last two league games

I had no problem with the team and think he knows a bit more about the back up players now

Like someone has already said far better going out with younger players than overpaid has beens (bar Hoilett)

Hopefully we will get a result Saturday and people can go back into hiding until the next defeat
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:56 - Aug 26 with 1650 viewsTW_R

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:05 - Aug 26 by adhoc_qpr

What is this fresh approach though? We've tried all sorts of approaches over the years and we've been crap at all of them.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 18:00 - Aug 26 with 1640 viewsRangersw12

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:56 - Aug 26 by TW_R

What is this fresh approach though? We've tried all sorts of approaches over the years and we've been crap at all of them.

I actually think we have a better chance winning in the cup if it's away from home

I'm sure the small gates don't inspire the players (although it shouldnt make a difference )

Maybe make it free for ST holders in future and 5 quid on the door to at least try and get a crowd
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 18:36 - Aug 26 with 1574 viewsJuzzie

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:02 - Aug 26 by Northernr

But when he does produce a result that should start winning people over, such as Wolves last week, everybody goes quiet.

If he'd started with Onuoha last night and he'd done his hamstring (as he does frequently) we'd have been left with Hill and Hall as our only centre backs and only a couple of days of the transfer window left to sort it, so no doubt he'd have been pilloried for that.

Only lost once in the league, currently sixth, won in the previous round of the cup, is it that much different to Warnock's start?

I'm just really surprised at the hatred that's all, it seems over the top. I've kept off here most of today and TBH I think I'll do that when the result goes against us more often now.

It's the world we live in. Succeed and no one says anything as you're just doing your job. Fail and all hell breaks loose.

Same at work and any other workplace too I'd imagine.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 18:42 - Aug 26 with 1553 viewsTW_R

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 18:00 - Aug 26 by Rangersw12

I actually think we have a better chance winning in the cup if it's away from home

I'm sure the small gates don't inspire the players (although it shouldnt make a difference )

Maybe make it free for ST holders in future and 5 quid on the door to at least try and get a crowd

Sorry - I thought you meant on the pitch approaches.

I agree with that. Anything to get a decent crowd in would definitely help. If we are going to blood youngsters and less experienced players, playing in front of a big crowds has got to lift them.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 18:56 - Aug 26 with 1522 viewscaptainmycaptian

this
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 19:03 - Aug 26 with 1504 viewscaptainmycaptian

in answer to the post , both we have no option but to focus on the league when we put out a team like this and a sub par performance to boot why we do this I dont know I remember when a good cup run was valued. We should really take the cups serious and before I get told we would be out next round Liverpool away, what better place to test our metal and improve see where our weakness are and maybe pull of a shock. if you look at the teams that do they tend to be the teams that are hard to beat and have a winning ethos this was what makie was banging on about.The club is trying to change its whole ethos then start with a win every game give the oposition nothing not a goal not a shot not a kick of the ball this is the attitude we should be encouraging from this comes a steel throughout the whole unit the whole machine becomes a tougher beast ..........remember THIS IS SPARTA !!!!
[Post edited 28 Aug 2015 13:33]
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 19:11 - Aug 26 with 1485 viewsqprewan

I have to agree Clive. As I see it we are bang in the middle of what in most work places would be called restructuring; we are basically reverting to a low cost financially sensible approach..as Anti and others have pointed out elsewhere; many of us have become addicted to the let's go in for this or that player as the eternal answer..I myself have not been immune to it but at the end of the day I would much prefer to be in our current situation with a younger, faster, keener team although at the same time a more inexperienced and more naive one.

We need to get used to the fact that you don't just become a Swansea or Southampton overnight it will take years...If by some miracle we do go straight back up then great but please don't expect us to stay up and demand that the manager be sacked if we go straight back down. I am happy to stick with Chris and Les and see what they can build. I am starting to really dislike our moaning fan base; I don't usually like to praise Leeds but just look at their support...In living memory one of the biggest clubs and now in the Championship seemingly for ever with little or no prospect of promotion yet they still travel and sing in their thousands..
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 19:13]
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 19:36 - Aug 26 with 1442 viewsCroydonCaptJack

This is what I find odd.
It's been so quiet on the boards since we got those two wins yet this loss has led to a massive increase in activity.
It's like a separate world on here to the people I speak to at the games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024