Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? 23:10 - Aug 25 with 20493 viewsLblock

So Benny the Super Yoof coach has deigned that the club will religiously play 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3
Clearly this system can work if your full backs are quality and the midfield 3 work like Trojans plus have pace and physique.

Now sometimes you'll come up against spirited well drilled sides who may play 3-5-2 and work their nads off. A team like maybe Carlisle.

So if your midfielders and front three include:
A lazy fooker like JET
The total plank who is WC rotating with the aforementioned JET and running into players like a bluebottle on a double glazed window
An immobile poor player like Oscar Goeburn
A raw and rash player like Doughty
A right footed striker Reece-Cox playing left of the 2 / 3

....then I'm sorry but you're going to be in trouble
I don't blame the players except JET, all the rest did actually try (although Doughty allowed their player to completely lose him for the second).
It's embarrassing that our players, no matter age or experience, could not make Benny the Super Yoof Coach's system work but like I say I don't blame them, the man in the straight jacket set them up and they're not suited to it.
He doggedly refused to acknowledge that Polter was being eaten up by Carlisles three and when he did win aimless punts he was isolated. On re-starts Carlisles 3 simply stretched our front 3 out, sucked Polter in by a player dropping into each full back position and then our midfielders got caught betwixt and between leaving Carlisles 5 man midfield to dominate and move play up or choose to use the flanks where our fullbacks had no protection at all.

Benny only unfolded his arms to replace line for like subs and I could not believe he left John Thomas on -- Furlong looked awful as he had nothing in front of him helping
(Note - I acknowledge John got the goal via a keeper error and did actually run at Carlisle 4 of 5 times but the man is a liability defensively and is deceptively slow). I'd of matched Carlisle up (embarrassing but needed) and maybe actually taken the game to them a bit more. The players don't look like they believe in Benny or his ideas, that or they are confused. I do also wonder if the word I heard tonight that Benny has developed a very aloof manner since appointed has any weight -- it would explain a lot about the man.

Okay we lost again to a lower league team in the cup. I'm somewhat used to that. I'm more concerned at yet another brace conceded and how Benny's stubborn inflexible approach and, to coin his phrase "game management" will play out to December.
Once Austin and Phillips go we have a big issue. If I was Bungle and is just banked c£23mill for those two I'd need convincing that targets to replace them are more Chery than JET. Not sure I'd let our novices loose with anymore change in their pockets, but what to do?!?!?

Three year contracts are a wonderful thing aren't they?

I hear all the usual guff about time needed, that fcukin "gel" word and all that; but I've seen nothing from Benny to convince me he's the man to steady this peddlo or find still waters. He has shown me ineptitude, stubbornness, a bit of an old boys favour approach and also is so negative in persona it's unreal

Buckle up you bitches, this could get bumpy

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 20:15 - Aug 27 with 2248 viewsderbyhoop

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 12:45 - Aug 27 by ElHoop

You mention the 5 EDL players, in a game that we should in theory be 'trying to win'.

I doubt that there's 5 more former QPR EDL players kicking off for a fully professional league match anywhere on the planet this week. Not players for whom we were responsible for their full development. I may be wrong, but I doubt it. There's not many who start for their side at a decent level I'm sure. Now suddenly we've got 5 of them. Well hopefully things have improved, but five? Really? Somehow it doesn't feel like the start of the Ramsey Babes though.

Five of them, in front of five thousand people, surrounded by the walking and mentally wounded. It's just not fair on the youngsters for a start. It should be a big deal playing for the first team. A bigger deal than this anyway.

If you've got 20 odd youth players at any one time then even a club with an average youth set up wouldn't expect to find more than one player of first team professional quality every year. We certainly haven't got five of them right now. Yes give Doughty a game, no problem, maybe one more could have been tried out with a stronger side around him, but five, no that's not right. These games should matter to everyone - the management, the players and the fans. It's what a football club should be like.

5 EDS players:-

Michael Harriman (Wycombe, on loan from QPR)
Coll Donaldson (Dundee United
Lee Brown (Bristol R)
Angelo Balanta (Carlisle)
Giles Coke (Ipswich)
Max Ehmer (Gillingham)

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 20:38 - Aug 27 with 2215 viewsLblock

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:02 - Aug 27 by Antti_Heinola

And i quote, from the post that started all this:

'could not make Benny the Super Yoof Coach's system work but like I say I don't blame them, the man in the straight jacket set them up and they're not suited to it.'

Now the thrust of the argument is perfectly valid. It's the way LBlock and others couch it that annoys me. There's just no need for it. I despise Redknapp, despise him - I think he's a lying, backstabbing crook, but in the same vein, the 'candleface' type comments I found totally uncalled for.

It's possible, as Clive frequently does in his match reports, to discuss and criticise without being a pr!ck about it.

You're a funny fcuker aintchya?

You get all sanctimonious about digging people out with insults and then you call others (me mainly is my take on it as mine is the only name you use) a pr!ck.

I wont sleep tonight and I fear I may need to call upon my life coach, my councilor and my legal team to all have a group hug with me in the middle simply to get me through this.

And..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Chill! Chill! Chill!

In all seriousness I can only apologise if you find the way I "couch" things offensive but in my two score years plus five it's the way I've become. I'm afraid my "line to cross" is way, way, way away from simply referring to that charlatan as candle face and referring to Ramsey as Benny is simply a bit of mirth.

What I'm trying to get across is Benny is probably a great coach and has a proven track record at that level. He'd probably of been a great asset as part of a team fronted by someone else. He'll go. That's inevitable. So we'll lose a potentially great employee who could've been the medium future of the club plus his departure will undoubtedly have repercussions higher up.
All the "give him a chance" brigade have not yet put one argument forward that convinces me he's tactically adept. I hope he has a plan and that he can shape and mould the team proactively and re actively - I'm not calling for his head by the way. I really do hope he does well because if he is then it means we're all having a good season which is what we all want. I dont expect to win every game in swashbuckling style... Jesus H Christ I'd be amazed if we went to Burnely and Boro and got anything other than our arses slapped (I'd gladly take a point at Huddersfield at the moment!!!)

Can't wait for Saturday now as it'll hopefully mean this thread dropping down the board and out of sight... Maybe some Friday music will help!

Apologies for revisiting this before November as promised.

Much love. Goodnight. X
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 20:39]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 20:43 - Aug 27 with 2204 viewsstansleftfoot

Who is Benny? I thought Chris Ramsey was our first team coach.
Not sure if this is place but this Benny Fella sounds totally unlike our Coach who appears to be making remarkable progress since the Club was relegated.
In tandem with Les Ferdinand,our owners and CEO they seem to be following a plan, it does appear to be funded with a view to establishing the Club in the upper echelons of The Championship, where i note, many very big ex-premiership clubs seem to end up in the bottom half.
Perhaps more interestingly, clearly Ramsey, supported by the owners and Les Ferdinand wants to attack sides, this is a philosophy that resonates with me, having supported QPR since Alec Stocks day.
The squad is obviously lop sided, they have bought players who can all be sold on, some clearly have great potential, some less so.
The uncertainty caused by having Sandro, Phillips, Hoillet and Austin on the books with only a few days to go to the window closing leaves Ramsey possibly short of a number of players.
It will be interesting to see who Sir Les, Hoos and Ramsey have lined up...great times at QPR, the cup game clearly indicated that Hoillet and other young players where being looked at in a competitive environment to highlight what areas we need to add further quality to.
Sadly we got that information, and sadly we also lost. But a wise investment, this might not be called an attempt at an instant return to the Premiership but the building bricks for an exciting season are beginning to be laid.
Seemed a perfectly sensible plan given that there are 7 ex-premiership clubs occupying the bottom ten places.....well done Ramsey in the face of some very harsh criticism....as for Benny and the OP, I hope they can work it out!
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 05:49 - Aug 28 with 2099 viewsLadbrokeR

To be honest mate I don't think that there is anything offensive in the way that you have couched things. It's a sad sad day when we start squabbling about remarks that clearly are designed to be sarcastic. Furthermore it's a post that was written from the heart literally post match. I do take your point about about tactics playing with Polter up front and with Greco cox on the left behind him and with JET the other side wasn't exactly effective. Infact it served to expose Furlong who I have criticised elsewhere on this thread. I think that great football analyst the modfather picked up on this. In the words of the peacemaker come on we're all Rangers.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 07:41 - Aug 28 with 2053 viewsElHoop

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 20:15 - Aug 27 by derbyhoop

5 EDS players:-

Michael Harriman (Wycombe, on loan from QPR)
Coll Donaldson (Dundee United
Lee Brown (Bristol R)
Angelo Balanta (Carlisle)
Giles Coke (Ipswich)
Max Ehmer (Gillingham)

I have had enough of this thread but I think that the point I was making at the time was that I doubt that there are 5 former QPR EDS professionals appearing this week anywhere. I can't be bothered to check whether or not the guys you listed have actually appeared. The point is, there's not many anyway, and we had 4 starting and 5 on the pitch at one point. I didn't think that was fair on the boys and it didn't represent a realistic attempt at winning a home cup tie against poor opposition. But anyway we are going round in circles now, we need a win tomorrow to take the taste away.
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 09:10 - Aug 28 with 2016 viewsBlue_Castello

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:03 - Aug 27 by LadbrokeR

Really are we all supposed to accept that it's Carlisle at home. I am lived. Yes it's a big rebuilding job and your point is well made the transfers are probably more down to Les than CR but i wouldn't imagine that Les doesn't get players that Ramsay doesn't fancy. On a final note i am not ITK.

Wow- Sorry for causing the grief I guess I shouldn't have included your post when posting, I was just thinking that Ramsey is not the only one responsible for the players, Ferdinand plays a massive part in the scouting process and then probably says to his mate we're going to buy this bloke is that OK.

Totally agreed with you that we are royally screwed when Charlie goes, I can't see Polter being ready for the Championship for a long time, but miracles do happen maybe. The jury's out for me on Ramsey but I will back the bloke because he needs a fair chance and that's probably till January before we can make a fair evaluation.

Sadly I think the League cup was designated a very low priority and whilst the squad rebuilding is in progress they did not want to risk the current first team, all it proved is you can't throw so many Of our B team players into a first eleven and expect success were not Arsenal.
There's still more work to be done with the squad, players coming and going before the transfer window and then we have the loan market which could prove vital.

This forum is brilliant for debate, we all want the same success for the team, my comments were just general thoughts......
Didn't use the kiss or love in smiley far too gay, no I'm not homophobic but there's a limit......!!!!
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 10:31 - Aug 28 with 1979 viewsjohncharles

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 22:23 - Aug 26 by ted_hendrix

Stop It.

Stop it !
This is your last chance. Carry on and you will have to stay up half the night and write a thousand lines.
Hold on, you've done that already

Strong and stable my arse.

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:02 - Aug 29 with 1874 viewsfrancisbowles

Is anyone who thought he was wrong to rest Onuoha, Austin, Phillips, Chery, Luongo, et all, now having slight second thoughts. Especially, when looking at what was available on the bench today!
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:08 - Aug 29 with 1838 viewsessextaxiboy

Loving reading this thread back ..........
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:13 - Aug 29 with 1793 viewsCHUBBS

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:08 - Aug 29 by essextaxiboy

STOP IT
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:14 - Aug 29 with 1779 viewsJonDoeman

Credit where its due.

It Is What It Is !!

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:19 - Aug 29 with 1742 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:13 - Aug 29 by CHUBBS

STOP IT

If we had lost in the last minute this thread would be on page 4
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:25 - Aug 29 with 1722 viewsCHUBBS

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:19 - Aug 29 by essextaxiboy

If we had lost in the last minute this thread would be on page 4

I have had many misfortunes in my life,most of which never actually happened.
Enjoy today Essex
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:29 - Aug 29 with 1697 views18StoneOfHoop

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:08 - Aug 29 by essextaxiboy

Benny
(Insulting unfunny outdated tv cultural reference no.1,comparing Mr Ramsey to a crap dreary Brummy soap 1970's Crossroads character. Try moving on 40 years in your mind to the best manager/head coach out of the last three at LR. He's got creative different ideas a pleasing humility and modesty and honesty in interviews and a whole new refreshing sensible financial retrenchment policy and what's more he has not worn a wooly Benny hat on the touchline once this season BTW)

and Bungle
(Insulting unfunny outdated tv cultural reference no.2, comparing Mr Fernandes to a crap 1970's kids programme Rainbow character. Try moving on 40 years in your mind to a Chairman who's poured in $$$$$ and his soul and is at last learning from his mistakes.)

All as amusing as Necrotizing Fasciitis and as imaginative as a lemming on a cliff-top.

Here's Chris Ramsey showing in less than 40 seconds a much livelier mind and far quicker wit than LBlock in any of his B&B tiresome,repetitive one-note negative posts:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34087797
[Post edited 29 Aug 2015 17:56]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:44 - Aug 29 with 1647 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 17:25 - Aug 29 by CHUBBS

I have had many misfortunes in my life,most of which never actually happened.
Enjoy today Essex

As Ollie would say Woof Woof
Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 22:33 - Aug 29 with 1456 viewsBedford_R

We won today. Up to 4th. I'm happy about that. Let's see where we are after 10 then 20 then 30 games.

This thread will spring back to life when we lose again. Same old arguments. Same old posters posting those arguments. (is it some sort of therapy for guys? A safe way to vent you anger at bad results?). And when we win again - almost total silence. And there we have it. The essence of Loftforwords posters.

RMH_R Reborn

Chris Ramsey - Clueless? Stubborn? Or both? on 23:23 - Aug 29 with 1397 viewsconnell10

This whole thread is irrelevant and pointless.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024