Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramseys Post Match Commente 03:20 - Aug 26 with 9796 viewsFredManRave

He seems more pissed off with the performance than most on here!

QPR head coach's frankly-honest assessment following Capital One Cup exit …

QPR are out of the Capital One Cup, following a 2-1 home defeat to Carlisle United in the second round tonight (Tuesday)
Rangers head coach Chris Ramsey left angered by loss
RANGERS boss Chris Ramsey was left disgusted after seeing his side crash out of the Capital One Cup to League Two outfit Carlisle United.

QPR went out at the second-round stage at Loftus Road, with the visitors scoring their second goal 11 minutes from time through Jason Kennedy.

Earlier, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas equalised late in the first half for the R’s, after Derek Asamoah put Carlisle in front.

Ramsey couldn’t hide his frustration after full-time, and told www.qpr.co.uk: “We should have killed the game off early on given the amount of chances we had.

“However, some of the players have got to look at themselves closely after tonight.

“They have to realise that the performance was not good enough.

“I made a number of changes, but the team I put out could quite easily feature in a Championship match.

“We need to have strength in depth but, if tonight is anything to go on, we haven’t got enough if we’re going to perform like that.

“Certain players in and around the first team need to step up — otherwise they’ll be gone very soon.”

He added: “That performance was unacceptable.

“I can’t necessarily blame the young players totally, I think some of the senior players didn’t play as well as they should have done.

“With the exception of Clint Hill, they should have set an example, and they didn’t.

“The effort from some of the players, who should have been more on their game, left a lot to be desired.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-carlisle-united-chris-ramsey-capital-one-c

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 07:20 - Aug 26 with 5473 viewsLadbrokeR

The team I put out could easily feature in a championship match did he really say that ? I would Agree that players failed to step up. To my mind the only players that came out with a small amount of credibility were the left back who did make some errors and Hill who quite frankly at 37 should not be a first choice for the first team. I am left wondering why on earth Furlong was given a chance in the Prem. I understand that he wasn't well protected but I don't get why he's so fancied in a game like last night he should have been head and shoulders.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 07:26 - Aug 26 with 5377 viewsRecoilboss

Didn't see or follow match but assume Toilet was Toilet? (surprise). CR's comments seem thinly veiled towards him in particular.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:12 - Aug 26 with 5196 viewsdavman

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 07:20 - Aug 26 by LadbrokeR

The team I put out could easily feature in a championship match did he really say that ? I would Agree that players failed to step up. To my mind the only players that came out with a small amount of credibility were the left back who did make some errors and Hill who quite frankly at 37 should not be a first choice for the first team. I am left wondering why on earth Furlong was given a chance in the Prem. I understand that he wasn't well protected but I don't get why he's so fancied in a game like last night he should have been head and shoulders.

He did say that because if injuries and suspensions kick in, he may have to play that team at some point...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:20 - Aug 26 with 5156 viewstimcocking

Certainly a good way to alienate Junior Hoilett further, given the fact he was the only not new 'senior pro' in the team.

Although Hoilett has been rubbish for ages, to me he's another good example of a player who has been apallingly mismanged from beginning to end during his time at Rangers.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:24 - Aug 26 with 5133 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:20 - Aug 26 by timcocking

Certainly a good way to alienate Junior Hoilett further, given the fact he was the only not new 'senior pro' in the team.

Although Hoilett has been rubbish for ages, to me he's another good example of a player who has been apallingly mismanged from beginning to end during his time at Rangers.

How many chances is he going to get? He's had runs in the team on the left, right and occasionally 'number 10' and consistently contributed nothing. He was bought off the back of about four good goals for Blackburn, whose fans were far from gutted to lose him, and has so far in several seasons as a professional footballer at this level and the Premier League done next to nothing.

Under Hughes, Redknapp and Ramsey he has looked crap. Perhaps he's just a rubbish but very lucky footballer who will run his contract down because he's well aware he was never good enough for the money he's on and certainly won't find someone willing to pay him half as much ever again.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:35 - Aug 26 with 5078 viewstimcocking

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:24 - Aug 26 by Watford_Ranger

How many chances is he going to get? He's had runs in the team on the left, right and occasionally 'number 10' and consistently contributed nothing. He was bought off the back of about four good goals for Blackburn, whose fans were far from gutted to lose him, and has so far in several seasons as a professional footballer at this level and the Premier League done next to nothing.

Under Hughes, Redknapp and Ramsey he has looked crap. Perhaps he's just a rubbish but very lucky footballer who will run his contract down because he's well aware he was never good enough for the money he's on and certainly won't find someone willing to pay him half as much ever again.

But he never had a consistent run in one position. Every time he got into a run of form and scored a couple of goals, he was immediately dropped. He needed backing imo to get the most out of him.

Admittedly he looks fr!gging useless now though, wish we'd never signed him. Is he SWP in disguise? It's just i always thought SWP (36 England caps) and Hoilett were fantastic signings and i'm flabbergasted at how useless they've been. You have to wonder if it's a little more complicated than them both being cr@p.

I've always been hoping against hope Hoilett might come good, but after last night no chance, he's been set up to be a new boo boy there. Would anybody be that surprised if he eventually leaves and starts to play much better for the new team?
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:43 - Aug 26 with 5040 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:35 - Aug 26 by timcocking

But he never had a consistent run in one position. Every time he got into a run of form and scored a couple of goals, he was immediately dropped. He needed backing imo to get the most out of him.

Admittedly he looks fr!gging useless now though, wish we'd never signed him. Is he SWP in disguise? It's just i always thought SWP (36 England caps) and Hoilett were fantastic signings and i'm flabbergasted at how useless they've been. You have to wonder if it's a little more complicated than them both being cr@p.

I've always been hoping against hope Hoilett might come good, but after last night no chance, he's been set up to be a new boo boy there. Would anybody be that surprised if he eventually leaves and starts to play much better for the new team?

Get him out on loan. Don't let him vegetate on three apps a year like SWP.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:45 - Aug 26 with 5012 viewsDiscodroids

Damn Shame

I for one Was convinced That Doughty And Goebern are the Tesseract on which to build a 5th dimension hither to unknown on the periodic tables of association football as we know it. A species of footballer thats evolved beyond the four dimensions we know or could ever hope to understand.

By god , Its just as welll w'eve got Pioneer Karl Henry to return thru the wormhole on saturday to spray gravitational passes like he was on the face of uranus .

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:46 - Aug 26 with 5011 viewsDorse

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:45 - Aug 26 by Discodroids

Damn Shame

I for one Was convinced That Doughty And Goebern are the Tesseract on which to build a 5th dimension hither to unknown on the periodic tables of association football as we know it. A species of footballer thats evolved beyond the four dimensions we know or could ever hope to understand.

By god , Its just as welll w'eve got Pioneer Karl Henry to return thru the wormhole on saturday to spray gravitational passes like he was on the face of uranus .

And not just Uranus: all of our anii

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:49 - Aug 26 with 4991 viewsThGrimRanger

my assessment of last night was...

1. out-thought
2. outfought
3. outclassed

...which is extremely worrying considering Carlisle will be fighting to stay in the league this season.

To me our main weaknesses were our full backs and gobern.

...strangely i thought hoilett was the best QPR player on the pitch.

TheGrimRanger

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:55 - Aug 26 with 4966 viewsbosh67

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:45 - Aug 26 by Discodroids

Damn Shame

I think Doughty is fine. The team failed to kill the game off and even with 22 chances on our side, Carlisle put 2 of their few away.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:57 - Aug 26 with 4954 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:35 - Aug 26 by timcocking

Has he ever been in a run of form? He got plenty of chances at left-wing particularly under Hughes and Redknapp and I never recall him consistently playing well. He's scored five in 83 for us.

What doesn't help is getting injured falling over his own useless fcking feet half the time he does get a chance, but most of all he's just a poor footballer.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 09:11 - Aug 26 with 4894 viewsDesertBoot

My faith in Hoilett was hanging by a thread prior to our defeat last season at Arsenal. 2-1 down, playing ten men and he had 8-10 chances to put in a decent cross. The thread snapped at the final whistle. Half-hearted player who'll end up at Columbus Crew.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 09:24 - Aug 26 with 4811 viewsDiscodroids

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 08:55 - Aug 26 by bosh67

I think Doughty is fine. The team failed to kill the game off and even with 22 chances on our side, Carlisle put 2 of their few away.

just jesting bosh. I Just feel a pairing of those two makes faurlin and henry seem like tigana and alain giresse.

Henry
Faurlin
Gobern
Doughty

even victor mature with his locks cut off wouldnt have much trouble displacing those piss weak foundations.

I do agree with you about blackwood however , id like to see him go on loan and get some match fitness. A prospect.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 09:25 - Aug 26 with 4802 viewspaulparker

that team was shocking , if Goeburn and Doherty are going to be back up in midfield this year then we really are in trouble

as for Toilet what a Sh1t player

cant cross,
can't shoot
can't beat a fullback to save his life
looks fat
and his atempts to run to the corner flag and waste time are nothing short of comical

words fail me why ramsey even played him last night, has petrasso vanished off the face of the earth ?
still who cares about the cup and a trip to liverpool , its all about resting players for the big one on saturday,
Huddesfield away

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 09:29 - Aug 26 with 4780 viewsfakekerby

I didn't see us having that many chances especially clear cut ones from where I was sitting.

Hoilett should have finished when polter set one up on a plate for him but that was about it.

Gobern is dreadful and I don't know how he gets in the side ahead of Diakite.

I think all of the kids need a loan spell in all honesty.

I think last night was Ramseys "redknapp" moment - throwing a game to prove we need more players.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 09:32 - Aug 26 with 4766 viewsdanehoop

I don't think that Ramsey dug identified any specific player in his comments. I think he was genuinely disappointed that several players who should have been pushing for places in the first team didn't do well. I think he was also very annoyed that players didn't do what was he expected of them in terms of the roles which had been assigned for the game. Some of them were new signings whom much was expected and who he knows can do better - e.g. JET. I get the impression that Hoilet was someone who had done well in training recently and clearly had been in Ramsey's mind as a potential option in the event of other first team starters not being available. Not sure that he is deemed as a failure on that performance - he was far from the worst player there. Gobern I think will concern him more as he was certainly someone in mind to provide a bit of added zest and firmness to midfield - which he did neither of. Doughty didn't do too bad I felt and probably not one that Ramsey was aiming at, but even then he didn't do enough to push himself beyond a bench place on that showing. Polter probably falls into a similar bracket of good impact sub to use, but not likely to replace Austin anytime soon.

The other youth teamers didn't necessarily live up to the hype, Reece Cox didn't get into it sufficiently for me. Kwepka (spelling) and Furlong looked ok, perhaps a bit better than that. Neither though looked necessarily the complete product yet.

It probably confirmed what he and Les already knew that there isn't a huge amount of genuine depth to the squad and the additions made to the first team probably do look justified. Certainly now expect to see a few more loans and permanent additions (transfer funds allowing) to the squad in the coming week.

Never knowingly understood

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 09:39 - Aug 26 with 4722 viewsstevec

Of last nights team, only Hill is definitely good enough for Championship football, Hall possibly and hope, as I've not seen either play, Smithies and Kpekawa. Have seen enough of the other 7 to know they are really only League 2 standard, on a good day. What is also clear is our youth players are not up to standard and probably never will be.

Can't really blame CR for putting this team out, that is, if him and Les intend to do something about it via transfer system or loans. If CR/Les did put that team out to find out a bit more and then do nothing to address it, then the shi t should hit the fan.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 09:40 - Aug 26 with 4715 viewsQPunkR

See, should've played Diakité. I might've turned up as well then

QPR - "shit but local"

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 09:40 - Aug 26 with 4714 viewsVancouverHoop

A Man City friend reckons Chelsea ruined SWP because he was never coached beyond his own expectations. He was fast, and could cut inside and shoot. He was very good at that, and it worked, for awhile. Then everyone figured him out. At the first team level Chelsea doesn't coach players. They don't need too. If someone can't do the job they just buy someone who can. So SWP returned to a City, a worse player on a team that was better than when he left. QPR under Hughes and Redknapp, also didn't do much in the way of coaching. After all, we were, theoretically, paying for players who were the finished article. So SWP continued to languish, motivation and desire long since drained away.

Junior Hoilett is 25, the age SWP was at Chelsea, and looks to be on a similar downward trajectory. Maybe there's still time to turn his career around, we do have a proper coach in charge now, but there's no question the clock's ticking.
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 09:51 - Aug 26 with 4666 viewslave16

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 09:40 - Aug 26 by QPunkR

See, should've played Diakité. I might've turned up as well then

yeah should have played Diakite...
JET is he all reputation?
hoilett - it just has not worked out would be best for both if he were to move on
Gobern - getting the abuse Henry got the last time we were in the championship not sure he is up to it

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 09:57 - Aug 26 with 4642 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 09:51 - Aug 26 by lave16

yeah should have played Diakite...
JET is he all reputation?
hoilett - it just has not worked out would be best for both if he were to move on
Gobern - getting the abuse Henry got the last time we were in the championship not sure he is up to it

Comparing Gobern to Henry is unfair on Karl!

Henry is limited but had captained Wolves to promotion and played 2 seasons in the prem when we signed him (admittedly he also played in back to back demotions too!).

Gobern was released by one of the worst teams in the championship for not being good enough to be a squad player...

No idea why we signed him - unless his mother's maiden name was Ramsey or Ferdinand?
Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:07 - Aug 26 with 4592 viewssimmo

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 09:24 - Aug 26 by Discodroids

just jesting bosh. I Just feel a pairing of those two makes faurlin and henry seem like tigana and alain giresse.

Henry
Faurlin
Gobern
Doughty

even victor mature with his locks cut off wouldnt have much trouble displacing those piss weak foundations.

I do agree with you about blackwood however , id like to see him go on loan and get some match fitness. A prospect.

People on here get in a rage when we sign 'another midfielder' but we have always needed another CM as cover IMO. Faurlin and Luongo are the 1st choice pairing, especially when Fer is back, but beyond that we have Doughty (who has actually done really well so far this season) and Henry who is limited and whilst not contributing to our attack, also doesn't seem to be making a difference to our conceding of 2 goals a game.

Essentially it's what we knew already - everybody fit and our first 11 is great, few injuries/people missing and we're a bog standard team. It's the consequence of taking money out the playing squad - we have to bring in people like Gobern instead of going out and buying another Luongo - there's time to address that, but it's still not the end of the world as we adapt to aggressively cutting our cloth.

We have lost in the early rounds of cups every season for ages, the difference is this time we lost with a young team that is not costing the earth in wages, instead of a collection of ex premier league cnts on 50k per week. Whilst I would prefer us to still be capable of beating Carlisle, I would rather be losing with this team and moving in the direction we are.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:18 - Aug 26 with 4545 viewsDiscodroids

valid points my good man, I assume Frankie sutherland is injured?.

If we are bereft of fiscal funds , as signing such shithouses as gobern would indicate, I do wonder at the Theory to spend one and a half million on a goalkeeper to stare at the folds of fat on ramseys neck for the season. I imagine they must have been 100% sure that Green was off to upton park.

I think it may have been more prudent to wait until Green Had actually gone, before we laid out such a large amount of our limited budget for Smithies. From what i could read in the press, there wasnt exactly a stampede to secure his services to snap him up.

Strange use of our budget imo.

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:22 - Aug 26 with 4518 viewsQPunkR

Ramseys Post Match Commente on 10:07 - Aug 26 by simmo

People on here get in a rage when we sign 'another midfielder' but we have always needed another CM as cover IMO. Faurlin and Luongo are the 1st choice pairing, especially when Fer is back, but beyond that we have Doughty (who has actually done really well so far this season) and Henry who is limited and whilst not contributing to our attack, also doesn't seem to be making a difference to our conceding of 2 goals a game.

Essentially it's what we knew already - everybody fit and our first 11 is great, few injuries/people missing and we're a bog standard team. It's the consequence of taking money out the playing squad - we have to bring in people like Gobern instead of going out and buying another Luongo - there's time to address that, but it's still not the end of the world as we adapt to aggressively cutting our cloth.

We have lost in the early rounds of cups every season for ages, the difference is this time we lost with a young team that is not costing the earth in wages, instead of a collection of ex premier league cnts on 50k per week. Whilst I would prefer us to still be capable of beating Carlisle, I would rather be losing with this team and moving in the direction we are.

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024