Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Balancing Act 10:00 - Aug 26 with 1702 viewsCFW

I have to say I was very, very disappointed being knocked out of the cup last night. The fact is we got well beat by Charlton, played poorly against Cardiff but got our mojo back in the last two matches. Winning is key and to keep winning no matter what game or opposition or competition.

I totally get we need to rest players perhaps even more in this division as it is relentless and every game is tough, we have already seen that anyone can beat anyone in the championship. But to make as many changes as we did and expect to win the match is naive to say the least.

Lets not kid ourselves our under 21 side is not exactly great and we needed to integrate some players into the side to play alongside the more established players. Goalkeeper - no problem but to play two rookie full backs,
along with a very lightweight midfield is asking for trouble even against a 'lesser' side. The forward line hardly inspired confidence with zero goals between them (apart from JET) so what do we expect?

Ok we were never going to win the competition but it would have been another win, confidence boost and a money spinner away to Liverpool. The result will not define our season but what it does show to me that when Charlie and Matt go we are very, very light up front. Shipping two goals a game will become a big issue.
Balancing Act on 07:34 - Aug 27 with 1531 viewsDylanP

1. Who said CR expected us to win? Who said he cared? I would have thought by his actions he made it very clear that the League cup was not his priority. If you accept that it isn't the priority, then his team choice make s complete sense. At some point in the future we will have injuries to key players and some of that lot will be required int eh 1st squad. And so, it is critical that those players get some playing time in order to gain match fitness. voila .. the League cup, which is low not he list of priorities is the ideal opportunity.

2. We got beaten by a 4th division team which on paper is a disaster. But there were plenty of positives to go along with the negatives. There was some great passing and there were plenty of shots on goal. Most of the shots were hurried, snatched and nervous which isn't surprising seeing as so many of the players had never played a full professional game for QPR before.

3. The point about winning building confidence is only partially true. Because so many of the players will not be involved on Saturday, I would guess the influence will be much less. Most of our players will be feeling the confidence of last Saturday, not the disappointment of losing a game nobody in management really cared about.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Balancing Act on 08:52 - Aug 27 with 1469 viewsjohncharles

The fact is that QPR were beaten at home by fourth division Carlisle. It's depressing and demoralising for the team and the fans. It's made a lot of supporters very angry, hence the five page thread. If Ramsey doesn't think the League Cup is not worth bothering with then tell BEFORE the match so we can join him in not bothering.
Shades of Redknapp's bonus games bollox.

Strong and stable my arse.

Balancing Act on 08:53 - Aug 27 with 1465 viewsElHoop

Balancing Act on 07:34 - Aug 27 by DylanP

1. Who said CR expected us to win? Who said he cared? I would have thought by his actions he made it very clear that the League cup was not his priority. If you accept that it isn't the priority, then his team choice make s complete sense. At some point in the future we will have injuries to key players and some of that lot will be required int eh 1st squad. And so, it is critical that those players get some playing time in order to gain match fitness. voila .. the League cup, which is low not he list of priorities is the ideal opportunity.

2. We got beaten by a 4th division team which on paper is a disaster. But there were plenty of positives to go along with the negatives. There was some great passing and there were plenty of shots on goal. Most of the shots were hurried, snatched and nervous which isn't surprising seeing as so many of the players had never played a full professional game for QPR before.

3. The point about winning building confidence is only partially true. Because so many of the players will not be involved on Saturday, I would guess the influence will be much less. Most of our players will be feeling the confidence of last Saturday, not the disappointment of losing a game nobody in management really cared about.

Dylan, you are missing the point by further than a Polter volley.

The fact that the management doesn't prioritise the cups at all, as you say - THAT is the point!

People are quite entitled to make that point, without the likes of you popping their heads into the conversation to tell them that they shouldn't worry as the management weren't bothered about it. Some people would like to see a little more effort put into our cup campaigns, and what's more - I think that they are right!
Balancing Act on 10:08 - Aug 27 with 1423 viewsPunteR

It was a disappointing result and we should have done better. I don't think Les and Ramsey threw the game but used it to give our squad competitive games, I don't see anything wrong with that considering the massive turn around of players and run of games in this division.
There were quite a few posters on here saying we could just drop though this league like Wolves and that Ramsey wasn't up to the task to stop that from happening. Well those same posters are now on Ramseys back for not having a go in the cup that could be a distraction from staying in this league.
Nobody mentioned cup runs when we were talking about new managers or when Ramsey was given the contract because everyone knew what the priority was at our club,which is to stabilize and build a squad of players that could compete in this league .
I guess the question is, what would us fans prefer? win the Capital one cup and get relegated to league 1 or stay in this league.?
I would take staying in this league for now and carry on getting our squad of players right for another promotion push in the not to distant future. You get our squad of players right you start winning cup games.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Balancing Act on 10:28 - Aug 27 with 1389 viewsElHoop

Balancing Act on 10:08 - Aug 27 by PunteR

It was a disappointing result and we should have done better. I don't think Les and Ramsey threw the game but used it to give our squad competitive games, I don't see anything wrong with that considering the massive turn around of players and run of games in this division.
There were quite a few posters on here saying we could just drop though this league like Wolves and that Ramsey wasn't up to the task to stop that from happening. Well those same posters are now on Ramseys back for not having a go in the cup that could be a distraction from staying in this league.
Nobody mentioned cup runs when we were talking about new managers or when Ramsey was given the contract because everyone knew what the priority was at our club,which is to stabilize and build a squad of players that could compete in this league .
I guess the question is, what would us fans prefer? win the Capital one cup and get relegated to league 1 or stay in this league.?
I would take staying in this league for now and carry on getting our squad of players right for another promotion push in the not to distant future. You get our squad of players right you start winning cup games.

F*ck me give me the Capital One Cup any day of the week!

I could handle relegation if we were fighting on all fronts and not pretending to be something which we are not. We should be putting up a show in the cups. We are a professional football club and we should be making an effort.
Balancing Act on 10:38 - Aug 27 with 1368 viewsPunteR

Balancing Act on 10:28 - Aug 27 by ElHoop

F*ck me give me the Capital One Cup any day of the week!

I could handle relegation if we were fighting on all fronts and not pretending to be something which we are not. We should be putting up a show in the cups. We are a professional football club and we should be making an effort.

I'm glad your not manager then mate

I didn't see the cup game and I haven't seen any mention of players not putting the effort in. Ramsey has the job to get the balancing act right of playing cup games and league games. He thought the players he put out would have been enough to win but didn't.

Relagation would be a disaster for this club.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Balancing Act on 10:39 - Aug 27 with 1368 viewsderbyhoop

It was a trade off. We're we desperate to win or was the priority to give the squad some game time. The transfer window is hanging over us like the Sword of Damocles and we still don't know who will still be here in September.

So playing squad members made sense. Sadly, judging by the commentary and subsequent comments, too many missed their opportunity. In the case of Hoilett, Gobern and RGC, they won't get many more chances this season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Balancing Act on 16:21 - Aug 27 with 1262 viewsvegasranger

Surely with the fitness level of the first team, a few of them could have done with some more game time? Couldn't believe it at 1-1 that Ramsay brought on Comley. I still don't think our fans understand just how bad the youth set up is. Gregor - Cox was released by Brentford, recommended by Kevn Gallen as " not brilliant but better than we have".
Login to get fewer ads

Balancing Act on 20:01 - Aug 28 with 1099 viewsDylanP

Balancing Act on 08:53 - Aug 27 by ElHoop

Dylan, you are missing the point by further than a Polter volley.

The fact that the management doesn't prioritise the cups at all, as you say - THAT is the point!

People are quite entitled to make that point, without the likes of you popping their heads into the conversation to tell them that they shouldn't worry as the management weren't bothered about it. Some people would like to see a little more effort put into our cup campaigns, and what's more - I think that they are right!

I was responding to this sentence "But to make as many changes as we did and expect to win the match is naive to say the least."

My point was Ramsey didn't expect us to win. His team choice showed that, while he probably wanted us to win, he was more worried about protecting valuable players and trying out new players.

It is great that you think that the club should prioritize cup games more. But I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to the post that was in front of me.

And you can say that you wish we had prioritized the cup more. Faurlin has twice been injured in cup games. I bet if he had sent Faurllin (or any of our more influential players) out there and they had picked up a serious injury, everyone would have said it was crazy to risk it for such a meaningless game.

Don't get me wrong, I was really angry at the time. But in the cold light of day, risking it all on the League Cup just doesn't make much sense given the uncertainty surrounding the club at the moment.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2015 20:57]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024