Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dirt on Austin 22:49 - Aug 26 with 9491 viewsstumbleandfall

I know another new thread.

There must by some diabolical rumours about Charlie in the football world. I can think of no other explanation unless some teams thinks we will capitulate and get a bargain.

£22 million for a South Korean lad who's worse than 1 in 3 in Germany. It does not make sense.
Dirt on Austin on 23:19 - Aug 26 with 6947 viewsbarbicanranger

It really does make me wonder. 15m seems small beer these days, so what if Charlie has a gammy shoulder and legacy issue with his knee.
Dirt on Austin on 23:25 - Aug 26 with 6899 viewsLblock

The jungle telegraph in football is alive and well - we seem to be one of the few clubs not hooked up on it!!!

I've not heard any rumours or whispers...but I'd say these are not to be "sniffed" at

Austin is worth £20mill easy when in his form last two seasons
I'd love him to stay but only if 100% up for it and signs a new deal
Come on Charlie lad, it makes sense!!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dirt on Austin on 07:07 - Aug 27 with 6495 viewsBlue_Castello

Agreed it doesn't make sense why Spurs would not choose the more proven, experienced option at a cheaper price.

Lets hope they take the gamble and buy the Korean lad, their loss our gain one more team out of the running, it really is starting to get painful waiting for that window to close.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 7:45]
Dirt on Austin on 07:43 - Aug 27 with 6342 viewsjohnhoop

If these rumours are true then it really is pretty hard to understand. I saw figures of between 18-22 million quoted last night as to what they might be paying for the Korean lad. I've no doubt he is a very good footballer but there is no guarantee he is going to adjust to the English game and he could easily be another Soldado or Lamela. Weigh that against Charlie for a lot less, who scored a stack of goals last season with barely any service to feed on and it's enough to make you wonder whether there isn't some sort of diabolical conspiracy going on and other clubs hate us as much as the BBC so famously do!
Dirt on Austin on 07:47 - Aug 27 with 6321 viewsClive_Anderson

Chelsea are apparently bidding £40m for John Stones which is absurd and yet no one will bid £15m for a proven goal scorer in the Premier League.

I still think we'd be best to wait until January and sell him to a desperate club in the window.
Dirt on Austin on 08:11 - Aug 27 with 6235 viewskingsburyR

Dirt on Austin on 07:07 - Aug 27 by Blue_Castello

Agreed it doesn't make sense why Spurs would not choose the more proven, experienced option at a cheaper price.

Lets hope they take the gamble and buy the Korean lad, their loss our gain one more team out of the running, it really is starting to get painful waiting for that window to close.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 7:45]

Charlie won't sell many shirts in the far east I'm afraid.

Levy can see pounds so it's probably a better deal for them in the long run regardless of if the guy scores goals.

A lot of the teams outside of the top 8 cannot afford him if keeping an eye on FFP!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Dirt on Austin on 08:23 - Aug 27 with 6169 viewsstumbleandfall

There is no FFP in the PL.

If I was Charlie I would stay. It's clear no team is interested for the right reasons. Any team that comes in now is doing do from desperation and not a real desire to add him to their squad.

I honest believe if he stayed he could smash all sorts of records with the three just behind him. 40 league goals would be a real possibility. Write himself into the record books.
Dirt on Austin on 08:56 - Aug 27 with 6042 viewsCFW

I really do like and respect Charlie. He in my opinion is what every footballer should aspire to be like, keeps his council, never misses training and never in the press. This is (I think) because he has had to work very hard to get to where he is today and has held down a full time job as well as playing lower league football so he appreciates every game and goal.

I would also like to think he appreciates that QPR took a slight punt when signing him and have given him the opportunity to play in the Premier division. He did get a very deserved England call up albeit he did not play and you might argue that he was fortunate simply because other players who were ahead of him were not available. For me, he deserved and worked very hard for that call up and should have got a full England Cap.

For all the reasons stated I have no problem with him wanting to move on and keep playing in the Premier Division and wish him all the luck in the world. I just hope he goes to the right team and I am not sure what that team would be - I think he is not stupid and would not want to go to a big club and sit on the bench like his mate Ings will do for best part of the season. He wants to play and score goals - would I like him to stay till the end of the season, yes. Would I like Roy to publicly state that playing and scoring goals in the Championship gives him a better chance of playing for England than sitting on the bench - yes. Do I think any of these three options will happen - no.

It is very interesting though why no club has snapped him up yet - perhaps they think we will give in and sell him cheap because we need the cash? Whatever happens - Charlie I wish you well and thank you for all your goals.
Login to get fewer ads

Dirt on Austin on 09:00 - Aug 27 with 6012 viewsFearless

When does the transfer window "slam shut"?
Dirt on Austin on 09:08 - Aug 27 with 5974 viewsMetallica_Hoop

You just know she is.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Dirt on Austin on 09:12 - Aug 27 with 5956 viewsTheBlob

Dirt on Austin on 09:08 - Aug 27 by Metallica_Hoop

You just know she is.

Terrible trouble with the CV joints.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Dirt on Austin on 09:37 - Aug 27 with 5859 viewsTacticalR

Isn't Pochettino a Bielsa disciple? If so I wonder if he wants a striker who tears around all game rather than one that bides his time before making a lethal strike?

Air hostess clique

Dirt on Austin on 09:44 - Aug 27 with 5825 viewsadhoc_qpr

Surely prem clubs know that despite our posturing we really need to sell him.

On deadline day they can make a take it or leave it offer below our asking price - and our finances will probably dictate we have to take it rather than miss out and have to take much less in January.

Hope i'm wrong though!
Dirt on Austin on 09:54 - Aug 27 with 5769 viewsVancouverHoop

Dirt on Austin on 09:44 - Aug 27 by adhoc_qpr

On deadline day they can make a take it or leave it offer below our asking price - and our finances will probably dictate we have to take it rather than miss out and have to take much less in January.

Hope i'm wrong though!

Do we need to sell him?

I understand why we're not splashing out on new signings. But why must we unload arguably our most productive player? Surely it's Austin himself who, understandably, wants to move on.
Dirt on Austin on 10:01 - Aug 27 with 5726 viewsadhoc_qpr

Dirt on Austin on 09:54 - Aug 27 by VancouverHoop

Do we need to sell him?

I understand why we're not splashing out on new signings. But why must we unload arguably our most productive player? Surely it's Austin himself who, understandably, wants to move on.

I think the contract situation forces our hand.

Phillips and Fer will retain their value through to next summer, but Austin's price will drop by more than half in January and he goes free next summer.

Can the club really afford to reject any offer over £10m which would pay off the FFP fine?

Earlier in the summer we could hold out, reject lower offers and hope we got a better one later on, but on deadline day i'm not sure?
Dirt on Austin on 10:08 - Aug 27 with 5689 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Don't forget one key issue here, he's only got a year on his contract!

That's why we've put a realistic and reasonable sum on his head. I like the fact that QPR are showing some rocks here. Its important for our credibility in future negotiations, we don't back down now.

And the other thing to remember, we're not going to lose £15m, he only cost us £5m!

I still think Palace might come sniffing between now and the Redknapp hour.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dirt on Austin on 10:44 - Aug 27 with 5582 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'm not totally convinced he'll go on Monday. It will leave the club up sh!t creek and the fact is they've been trying to offer him a new deal. Half of me thinks that if it gets to Monday the price might even go up because we#d be unwilling to sell. But we'll see. Probably being overly optimistic!

Bare bones.

Dirt on Austin on 11:05 - Aug 27 with 5524 viewsQPRski

Indeed, it is a very strange situation.

I know that Charlie would love to play and be sucessfull in the Premiership. He has already proved himself at that level and has earned the "right" to play there.

However, with all of this "dirt" on him, as well as a reluctance of any club to buy him at a very fair value, he could well consider to remain at LR on a new contract and become a true QPR "hero".

Who knows, with a bit of luck he may even return return with us to the the top flight.

Idealistic => certainly
Practical => yes
Realistic => probably not (unfortunately)
Dirt on Austin on 11:12 - Aug 27 with 5491 viewsJamie

Dirt on Austin on 10:44 - Aug 27 by Antti_Heinola

I'm not totally convinced he'll go on Monday. It will leave the club up sh!t creek and the fact is they've been trying to offer him a new deal. Half of me thinks that if it gets to Monday the price might even go up because we#d be unwilling to sell. But we'll see. Probably being overly optimistic!

Agreed, doubt he will go Monday, it will be Deadline day on Tuesday
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 11:13]
Dirt on Austin on 11:22 - Aug 27 with 5452 viewsNW10Hoop

Dirt on Austin on 09:44 - Aug 27 by adhoc_qpr

Hope i'm wrong though!

We've made far worse financial decisions than holding onto and playing one of the most prolific strikers in English football. How about trying to eek out a fee (loan or sale) for players like Sandro, Hoillet and maybe even Fer while getting them off the wage bill instead?

A firm thank you but fukc off to anyone who bids less than we want for Austin makes the most sense in the long term. It shows that we can't be pushed around and low balled. If the plan for the future is to build players up and sell them on for profit, then not crumbling and accepting below what we are asking is surely integral to the model?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 11:24]
Dirt on Austin on 11:30 - Aug 27 with 5423 viewsVancouverHoop

"Can the club really afford to reject any offer over £10m which would pay off the FFP fine?"

Sterling's knock-on fee will pay that – assuming the rumours are true.

Fact is our board are certainly, and sensibly, more careful financially than they've been in the past, but they're far from poor. I don't see why they would sell such a blue chip asset unless Austin himself wants to go.

He deserves to play in the Prem and I'll, frankly I'll be gutted for him if it doesn't come off. But I can sort of see why clubs haven't been banging down the door. The thinking will be along the lines that he's older than most strikers are when they go to a big club, so statistically his productive years will be fewer, and his sell on value limited. He's also a well known quantity, which works both in his favour (he scores a lot) and against him (he's slow and needs a striking partner.) I'm not saying I agree with this at all, but given the single-striker preference among top clubs these days I can see why he's still wearing hoops (kinda!)
Dirt on Austin on 12:05 - Aug 27 with 5315 viewsSpiritofGregory

Dirt on Austin on 11:30 - Aug 27 by VancouverHoop

"Can the club really afford to reject any offer over £10m which would pay off the FFP fine?"

Sterling's knock-on fee will pay that – assuming the rumours are true.

Fact is our board are certainly, and sensibly, more careful financially than they've been in the past, but they're far from poor. I don't see why they would sell such a blue chip asset unless Austin himself wants to go.

He deserves to play in the Prem and I'll, frankly I'll be gutted for him if it doesn't come off. But I can sort of see why clubs haven't been banging down the door. The thinking will be along the lines that he's older than most strikers are when they go to a big club, so statistically his productive years will be fewer, and his sell on value limited. He's also a well known quantity, which works both in his favour (he scores a lot) and against him (he's slow and needs a striking partner.) I'm not saying I agree with this at all, but given the single-striker preference among top clubs these days I can see why he's still wearing hoops (kinda!)

Not interested in Charlie's personal ambitions, he signed the contract so he can put up and shut up.
Dirt on Austin on 12:13 - Aug 27 with 5281 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dirt on Austin on 12:05 - Aug 27 by SpiritofGregory

Not interested in Charlie's personal ambitions, he signed the contract so he can put up and shut up.

Yep, it's that black and white. That's all there is to it.

Bare bones.

Dirt on Austin on 12:48 - Aug 27 with 5163 viewsrunningman75

Austin is an old fashioned English centre forward. He needs to change his name to Carlos Austino and we could ask for 30 million quid.
Dirt on Austin on 13:24 - Aug 27 with 5085 viewsTacticalR

Dirt on Austin on 12:13 - Aug 27 by Antti_Heinola

Yep, it's that black and white. That's all there is to it.

Nuances are for softies.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024