Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) 12:05 - Aug 27 with 3315 views1BobbyHazell

Seeing Katarina Johnson Thompson shedding a few tears over her Heptathlon made me think of sporting events that have brought a tear to the eye.

The one that really got me was Derek Redmond at the '92 Olympics. It was his last chance for a major medal after battling back from injuries and he was in great form and then...

Apologies for the schmaltzy vid.

I can still remember tearing up when he was coming round the bend but when his dad came to help him I lost my sh1t, still brings a tear now.

Any others?

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 12:14 - Aug 27 with 3289 viewsPommyhoop

A bit of Spandau's 'Gold 'played over this vid and you'd all be blubbing like bairns...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 12:23 - Aug 27 with 3263 viewspaulparker

italia 90 , semi final , so close but yet so far
seeing how gutted Bobby Robson looks at the end of penalties just brings it home how much it meant and how far the england team has fallen as when we go out now of world cups they are on the 1st flights to vegas & marbs without giving a toss

England vs Argentina 98,
was there that night in st ettiene , the english were outnumbered 3-1 bythe Argies
but what a night, what a performance and again heartbreak , so cruek

Eubank vs Carl Thompson
eubank had moved up a weight and gave a herculian performance with one eye shut
this boxer who people laughed at and ridiculed had a chin made of grantite and a heart of a lion, he wouldnt go down and went the full 12 & nearly winning it towards the end

Eubank vs Watson
what a great boxer watson could have been, cut short in the prime of his life especially when he had the fiight won
seeing him complete a mathrathon shows the guts of the man

my step daughter scoring a 20 yard screamer with her left foot, in the last minute of a Qtr final cup game for her side last year
they had a "homer ref "to contend with and every decision went against them , she went on a mazy run from the back and her screamer made it 3-3 ,
a quiet tear over a large malt that night for sure

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 12:29 - Aug 27 with 3226 viewsDiscodroids

Tears aplenty for L.A. domiciled John Barrowman for his 3/4 pike, sexual molestation with 3.6 degree of difficulty , of a young man in a skirt at the Commonwealth games.

A performance of such high technical merit yet still Effortlessly leaving behind the Gorbal slums for american air space, Apearance fee in pocket , without causing a ripple in the time continuim.

A triumphant Display of homo erotic sporting bravery and anti establishment , stick- it- to -the- man vibe audacity , that only the passage of time will say if the courage shown by John, Kopping a feel of youthful phallus on prime TV, will eclipse that of tommy smith and jonny carlos somewhat meagre offering of black panther salute at the '68 Olympic games.

A real JFK moment for us all. Im sure we can all remember where we were that day when we saw those iconic images beamed across a breathless world .

Even ken livingstones river of tears, giving a speech to the london assembly on slavery 200 years ago,whilst drinking a single malt n a william hunt £900 suit, could not even come close to the river i cried that day as John paved the way for Millions of Athletes in the LGBT community to step out of the shadows in these unenlightened times of 2015, retrospectively paving the way for cowards like quentin crisp in 1926 and Alan Turing in 1944.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 12:42]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 12:34 - Aug 27 with 3211 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I don't cry but this was Amazing. NOONE used to beat the US at this.

Akkkkaaaaaaabuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusi

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 12:39 - Aug 27 with 3177 viewsPommyhoop

Tears of laughter.. Three years too early though.I didn't get out here till 06.

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 12:41 - Aug 27 with 3173 viewsMrSheen

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 12:34 - Aug 27 by Metallica_Hoop

I don't cry but this was Amazing. NOONE used to beat the US at this.

Akkkkaaaaaaabuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusi

Any tribute/silence for a sportsman who dies young, but particularly if they have killed themselves - eg Gary Speed or Terry Newton. It's so sad that someone can think they are a worthless failure with nothing to live for when it turns out that thousands of people held them in great esteem.
Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 12:47 - Aug 27 with 3143 viewsPommyhoop

Serious blub inducing song and video.

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 12:52 - Aug 27 with 3133 viewsBromleyHoop

John Terry missing that penalty in the CL final made me cry......with laughter.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Login to get fewer ads

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 12:52 - Aug 27 with 3132 viewsTheBlob

Guilty as charged - still gets to me...

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 13:08 - Aug 27 with 3102 views2Thomas2Bowles

Evening of the 4th of May 1976, sitting listening on the radio to Wolves 1-0 up against Liverpool with 13 minutes to go......

Gutted

Not putting the bastard video up
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 13:11]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 13:39 - Aug 27 with 3035 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I'm a total embarrassment when it comes to things like this, and can just blub at the drop of a hat.

Every year I watch the London Marathon, I'm blubbing watching the herculean efforts of mere mortals. Super Saturday was actually sobbing Sunday for me. I was living in Manila and got up to watch it all. I mean, FFS, a ginge jumping into a sand pit!

However, the one that absolutely levels me every time, was the sheer innocent joy on Ellie Simmonds face when she realised she had won her first para-gold in Beijing. You think of the family's support and the work she put in as a 13 year old. I believe it would move a stone.

And don't start me on that rowing bloke's last race in Sydney, Jonny's kick, Aldaniti or when that poor girl turned the ball into the back of her net for England Women in the world cup...
I am just about to watch Ohhruogu and if she wins.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 13:46 - Aug 27 with 3023 viewsPunteR

After the Watford game 10/11.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 13:58 - Aug 27 with 3008 viewsPommyhoop

Doing a Bradbury — an Aussie term born in the Winter Olympics
It didn't make me cry but I bet his nearest and dearest shed a tear

Fair play to him tbh...

edit .you got to click on the title to watch it...
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 14:00]

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 14:01 - Aug 27 with 2993 viewsloftboy

Before the Leeds "no points deduction " game

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 14:11 - Aug 27 with 2962 viewsSimonJames

Sir Steve Redgrave overcoming age and diabetes to win his 5th consecutive Olympic Gold

100% of people who drink water will die.

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 15:28 - Aug 27 with 2880 viewsflynnbo

Derek Redmond's dad helping him complete the race.
Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 15:55 - Aug 27 with 2843 viewsDorse

Any time I watch Blanka Vlasic in the high jump and realise that she will never be mine. I sob my heart out whilst my wife sits, arms folded, tutting.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sporting events that made you cry...(non-QPR!!) on 15:58 - Aug 27 with 2837 viewsHantsR

This was pretty emotional - loved it! 1.07 onwards...

[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 15:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024