Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open day! 19:22 - Aug 27 with 3295 viewseghamranger

Anyone go? Any gossip?
Open day! on 19:41 - Aug 27 with 3260 viewsDorse

Well, I heard from Audrey that her Sandy's hairdresser reckons that she heard from her cousin, the one with the lazy eye, nice girl but far too free with her favours, if you catch my drift, that Chris Ramsey hasn't washed his nets since Easter, the idle slattern. Of course, you didn't hear that from me.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Open day! on 19:56 - Aug 27 with 3207 viewsbrewers_hoop

Yep, took my little girl down and it was a brilliant day. Players came out at noon, trained for 90 minutes and then spent about the same time again going the length of South Africa Road/Paddocks signing autographs and shirts, posing for photos and genuinely looking like they were happy to be there.

Got to admit there's been so many new faces, I struggled to name a couple of the players but young, old,famous, 'nobodies' - they were all equally as pleasant and a credit to the club.

Particularly impressed with Charlie, who was being lapped by other players, such was the demand for his services by the crowd. He didn't shirk one autograph or pic and trained well, looking like he was enjoying himself - sharing a joke with Chris Ramsey and laughing at Matty for over-hitting a cross. He didn't answer any questions about his future (why would he?) but had a giggle when I told him the autograph he'd just signed for my littlun was actually a contract keeping him at the club for life.

Elsewhere, Yung was back training and came through unscathed, Mackie didn't train but said he hopes to be back for the Forest game, Fer also not fit enough to train but came out with Mackie for the signing - and the lesser-spotted Diakite seemed to be having fun (only one still wearing a training bib for the fans' bit).

Everyone seemed to train well. New keeper decent shot-stopper by the looks of it, good to see Chery genuinely annoyed with himself up for not scoring one effort - and have to say JET looked pretty sharp. Oh and Tony Fernandes was there too, saying he hoped Chaz, Matty and Greeno would be staying.

All in all a top day out - and fair play to the club for sorting it out - they get a lot of bad publicity but excel when it comes to things like this.
Open day! on 20:05 - Aug 27 with 3159 viewsted_hendrix

Nice post mate and good to read.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Open day! on 21:01 - Aug 27 with 2962 viewswestolian

Agreed !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Open day! on 21:09 - Aug 27 with 2925 viewsLblock

Brewers this is good news.. really good news.

Hopefully the connect between fans and players starts to get re-built

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Open day! on 11:13 - Aug 28 with 2441 viewsPinnerPaul

Open day! on 19:56 - Aug 27 by brewers_hoop

Yep, took my little girl down and it was a brilliant day. Players came out at noon, trained for 90 minutes and then spent about the same time again going the length of South Africa Road/Paddocks signing autographs and shirts, posing for photos and genuinely looking like they were happy to be there.

Got to admit there's been so many new faces, I struggled to name a couple of the players but young, old,famous, 'nobodies' - they were all equally as pleasant and a credit to the club.

Particularly impressed with Charlie, who was being lapped by other players, such was the demand for his services by the crowd. He didn't shirk one autograph or pic and trained well, looking like he was enjoying himself - sharing a joke with Chris Ramsey and laughing at Matty for over-hitting a cross. He didn't answer any questions about his future (why would he?) but had a giggle when I told him the autograph he'd just signed for my littlun was actually a contract keeping him at the club for life.

Elsewhere, Yung was back training and came through unscathed, Mackie didn't train but said he hopes to be back for the Forest game, Fer also not fit enough to train but came out with Mackie for the signing - and the lesser-spotted Diakite seemed to be having fun (only one still wearing a training bib for the fans' bit).

Everyone seemed to train well. New keeper decent shot-stopper by the looks of it, good to see Chery genuinely annoyed with himself up for not scoring one effort - and have to say JET looked pretty sharp. Oh and Tony Fernandes was there too, saying he hoped Chaz, Matty and Greeno would be staying.

All in all a top day out - and fair play to the club for sorting it out - they get a lot of bad publicity but excel when it comes to things like this.

What a wonderful non sensationalist factual post - will upset many on here!
Open day! on 11:51 - Aug 28 with 2352 viewsAntti_Heinola

Great post mate thanks.
So Charlie didn't seem 'distant' then? ;)

Bare bones.

Open day! on 13:32 - Aug 28 with 2176 viewsbrewers_hoop

Open day! on 20:05 - Aug 27 by ted_hendrix

Nice post mate and good to read.

Cheers Ted. Just saying it as I saw it. Maybe they were all playing up for the cameras and as soon as they got back inside they went back to acting like sulky prima donnas - but if that was the case they're all damned fine actors.
Login to get fewer ads

Open day! on 13:36 - Aug 28 with 2156 viewssimmo

Open day! on 13:32 - Aug 28 by brewers_hoop

Cheers Ted. Just saying it as I saw it. Maybe they were all playing up for the cameras and as soon as they got back inside they went back to acting like sulky prima donnas - but if that was the case they're all damned fine actors.

I think Wolves away was definitive proof that although we may be lacking quality and depth in certain areas, there is nothing wrong with the spirit or belief in the team. A team does not come back from a mid-week, cold and rainy game against better fancied opposition without an internal belief.

Thanks again for the post and well doen again to QPR for putting it on, must be great for the kids to meet all the players up close - I'd have wet my pants back in the day for a picture and chat with Les, Sinclair and the gang!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Open day! on 13:41 - Aug 28 with 2135 viewsToast_R

Funny one old Fer Burger, clearly not fit enough to train... still. But went off for a medical at Sunderland with an injury I'm guessing, how did he think that was going to turn out?
Open day! on 14:06 - Aug 28 with 2064 viewsbosh67

Open day! on 11:13 - Aug 28 by PinnerPaul

What a wonderful non sensationalist factual post - will upset many on here!

Too right. I heard that Charlie is demanding £250,000 a week to stay and wants a free transfer. The club had Kevin Nolan in for training and he was charging £500 for an autograph. Ramsey said everyone has to go and that two league wins back to back was a blip. Sandro has been given his own helicopter and is allowed to land in the centre circle during matches. 20 other players refused to come out and sulked in the changing room playing XBox. Tony told everyone to f*ck off.

So, in many ways it was very like last year's open day.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Open day! on 14:11 - Aug 28 with 2040 viewsDevon_4_England

Echoing Brewers post I took my two young lads yesterday and they had a fantastic time. Well done to the Club for organising. All the players looked sharp in training and there is clearly a good team spirit amongst the squad.

As the players walked round signing and posing for photos it was striking how humble the lads were as they stopped and all had time for their young fans. The players were relaxed and in good form and following on from Stan Bowles day we should all feel proud of the Club as the ethos and culture is definately changing for the better.

Quite a few players thanked the fans for coming yesterday and special mention to Charlie who was brilliant with the kids and was in no rush to get round. Gladwin trained and said he was nearly ready and YSY is not far away from being back.

I was lucky enough to meet Super Ray, Les etc as a junior and remember it well with fond memories.

Yesterday made me proud to be Rangers.
Open day! on 14:26 - Aug 28 with 2005 viewsPinnerPaul

Open day! on 14:11 - Aug 28 by Devon_4_England

Echoing Brewers post I took my two young lads yesterday and they had a fantastic time. Well done to the Club for organising. All the players looked sharp in training and there is clearly a good team spirit amongst the squad.

As the players walked round signing and posing for photos it was striking how humble the lads were as they stopped and all had time for their young fans. The players were relaxed and in good form and following on from Stan Bowles day we should all feel proud of the Club as the ethos and culture is definately changing for the better.

Quite a few players thanked the fans for coming yesterday and special mention to Charlie who was brilliant with the kids and was in no rush to get round. Gladwin trained and said he was nearly ready and YSY is not far away from being back.

I was lucky enough to meet Super Ray, Les etc as a junior and remember it well with fond memories.

Excellent stuff
Open day! on 14:30 - Aug 28 with 1994 viewssimmo

Open day! on 14:11 - Aug 28 by Devon_4_England

Great to hear. Echo the Stan Bowles day too - felt proud to be QPR that day, it's not happened often enough in recent years

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Open day! on 23:13 - Aug 28 with 1714 viewsCliff_Schitzinabag

Open day! on 13:41 - Aug 28 by Toast_R

Funny one old Fer Burger, clearly not fit enough to train... still. But went off for a medical at Sunderland with an injury I'm guessing, how did he think that was going to turn out?

"Fer Berger" - can't let that go unacknowledged! Clarse, mate!
[Post edited 28 Aug 2015 23:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024