Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading Festival 21:28 - Aug 27 with 7359 viewsMrSheen

Any other GCSE dads with kids behind the wire? My two, plus seemingly all their friends, are camping out tonight. They were at the gates when they opened at 8am this morning, even though the first band takes the stage at 11am tomorrow. Nevertheless, the place was packed with people who'd bought "early bird" tickets to camp out two days early. They've told us that everything is fine, but that's what we know they're going to say up to the point that they ring up crying for us to get them in the middle of the night. Any other reports?
Reading Festival on 22:05 - Aug 27 with 5014 viewshorshamHoop

Well my 18 year old had an early bird ticket and has been there since midday yesterday, did the same last year and loved every minute even the Arctic Monkeys! The silent disco was a big hit and apart from a frog on the pillow at 3AM and the odd pee in a bottle - (it's a she by the way!) all was very good. and she cannot wait for Mumford tomorrow.

One tip - no matter how tired or hung over they are, definitely worth getting up early Monday to avoid a 4 hour wait for a train at Reading central.
Reading Festival on 22:06 - Aug 27 with 5012 viewsSimonJames

Yes, my 17 year old has gone for the duration. Hope he's good at treading water.

My ex is dragging my 16 year son along on Saturday so she has an excuse to watch Metallica (and check the older one is ok).
He hates heavy metal so he's absolutely thrilled to be going. I told him to go watch the Wombats instead.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 22:07]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Reading Festival on 22:08 - Aug 27 with 4936 viewsHadders

My sixteen year old son also went this morning, with a group of fellow posh Muswell Hill slackers. Four days with no adults, what could possibly go wrong? My final words to him were: ˝Have a great time, just don´t be an idiot and get arrested or make anyone pregnant". Earlier I told him to get out of his tent and listen to some music,too - I don`t want to feel I spent £200 just for him to get stoned in a wet field. He was mugged on our street only last week and I really, really hope that doesn`t happen again.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 22:14]
Reading Festival on 22:12 - Aug 27 with 4924 viewsW13R

Yep, my eldest who has just finished his GCSE's left this morning as well, going with a big crowd from his school all mixed with boys and girls.

The missus is in bits as she hasn't got a scooby what he's going to be getting upto!
I did laugh last night as he looked like a sherper what with all the kit he was carrying for his weekend jolly.
Oh to be young and foolish again, never had these sort of gigs when I was 16. Mind you I'm not sure my old man and old dear would have let me go on something like this. I must be one of these modern parents they talk about, either that or a right mug?
Reading Festival on 22:25 - Aug 27 with 4878 viewsMrSheen

Reading Festival on 22:12 - Aug 27 by W13R

Yep, my eldest who has just finished his GCSE's left this morning as well, going with a big crowd from his school all mixed with boys and girls.

The missus is in bits as she hasn't got a scooby what he's going to be getting upto!
I did laugh last night as he looked like a sherper what with all the kit he was carrying for his weekend jolly.
Oh to be young and foolish again, never had these sort of gigs when I was 16. Mind you I'm not sure my old man and old dear would have let me go on something like this. I must be one of these modern parents they talk about, either that or a right mug?

You're right, I wouldn't have asked and my parents wouldn't have agreed. I happily went to football all over the place and some dodgy gigs at that age, but the idea of camping out would have had me running. My daughter is really into her music and is very calm under pressure so I have no worries about her, but my son only seems to listen to hip-hop (he's definitely in the wrong place) and totally addicted to comfort, I can't understand why he insisted on going.
Reading Festival on 23:06 - Aug 27 with 4807 viewswestolian

After all the pressure of exams, they'll probably let themselves go and get all pill'd and chang'd up and not remember who they had sex with !

i hope this helps !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Reading Festival on 23:10 - Aug 27 with 4794 viewsPunteR

My oldest is not quite at that age for festivals (14) but is now wanting to go to gigs. I'm taking him and his mate to see Circa Waves in October at Brixton Academy.
I'm dreading the next few years.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Reading Festival on 23:17 - Aug 27 with 4780 viewsSimonJames

Reading Festival on 23:06 - Aug 27 by westolian

After all the pressure of exams, they'll probably let themselves go and get all pill'd and chang'd up and not remember who they had sex with !

i hope this helps !

That always worked for me.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Reading Festival on 23:17 - Aug 27 with 4778 viewsE17hoop

Reading Festival on 23:10 - Aug 27 by PunteR

My oldest is not quite at that age for festivals (14) but is now wanting to go to gigs. I'm taking him and his mate to see Circa Waves in October at Brixton Academy.
I'm dreading the next few years.

My eldest (now 19) has been going to gigs since he was 8 - first up was RHCP and since then he must have seen 100+ bands.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Reading Festival on 23:29 - Aug 27 with 4756 viewsPunteR

Reading Festival on 23:17 - Aug 27 by E17hoop

My eldest (now 19) has been going to gigs since he was 8 - first up was RHCP and since then he must have seen 100+ bands.

You win the coolest dad of the year award.

Reading Festival on 23:42 - Aug 27 with 4732 viewsE17hoop

Reading Festival on 23:29 - Aug 27 by PunteR

You win the coolest dad of the year award.

Inspired him to learn the guitar and he does this now:
https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xtf1/v/t43.1792-2/11095038_142637696433

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Reading Festival on 00:08 - Aug 28 with 4693 viewsPunteR

Reading Festival on 23:42 - Aug 27 by E17hoop

Inspired him to learn the guitar and he does this now:
https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xtf1/v/t43.1792-2/11095038_142637696433

Well, you've only got yourself to blame Im joking of course.. top stuff.

My lads grandad(my dad,a rock n blues boy) bought him a Gretsch guitar. He's got genuine talent but not necessarily the application needed. It might all change when he starts trying to pull girls though.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2015 0:15]

Reading Festival (n/t) on 00:30 - Aug 28 with 4667 viewsScubaHoop

[Post edited 28 Aug 2015 0:31]
Reading Festival on 00:30 - Aug 28 with 4667 viewsScubaHoop

I got my GCSE results at the Reading Festival 94 by queuing up at the phone tent for an hour and a half and ringing me mum. The Tindersticks, Rollins and Pavement got me through the disappointment, that and losing my virginity!! (Oh and significant amount of hash) Happy F**king days! So don't worry dads your kids will all be safe after all drugs and sex aren't as readily available nowadays!
Reading Festival (n/t) on 01:39 - Aug 28 with 4623 viewsPunteR

Reading Festival on 00:30 - Aug 28 by ScubaHoop

I got my GCSE results at the Reading Festival 94 by queuing up at the phone tent for an hour and a half and ringing me mum. The Tindersticks, Rollins and Pavement got me through the disappointment, that and losing my virginity!! (Oh and significant amount of hash) Happy F**king days! So don't worry dads your kids will all be safe after all drugs and sex aren't as readily available nowadays!

[Post edited 28 Aug 2015 2:04]

Reading Festival on 02:01 - Aug 28 with 4603 viewsSonofNorfolt

It's rite of passage. My first festival was Reading '80, just after my 'O' levels, so not much as changed. Except the quality of the bands.
Reading Festival on 03:16 - Aug 28 with 4580 viewsharvey

Having a house opposite the festival camp site on the River Thames is why I am in Charleston South Carolina for the week . Festival is no problem it's just the noise till 4am from the campsite still kids have a good time
Reading Festival on 06:32 - Aug 28 with 4538 viewsWatford_Ranger

I went when I was 17. It was blisteringly hot and Ray Jones died on the Saturday which in my drink and drug fuelled state I thought was a weird thing to have dreamt. Was only when I got home that I realised it was real.

Music was pretty awful that year from memory and we didn't see much of it.
Reading Festival on 08:39 - Aug 28 with 4441 viewsTheBlob

Did the '71 festival.Al Kooper was a nice bloke.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Reading Festival on 09:20 - Aug 28 with 4408 viewsMrSheen

Reading Festival on 08:39 - Aug 28 by TheBlob

£2??? If only.

A hangover followed by Van der Graaf Generator. Lovely.

When I was in my teens (c 1980), Reading was known as a rocker's stronghold. The urban legend was that punky bands would get bottled off and Hells Angels would ride over the tents of anyone who looked like their fans. Never found out, I didn't need much incentive to get out of camping.
Reading Festival on 09:28 - Aug 28 with 4399 viewsWatford_Ranger

Reading Festival on 08:39 - Aug 28 by TheBlob

Accrington Stanley, who are they?
Reading Festival on 09:29 - Aug 28 with 4397 viewspaulparker

Reading Festival on 22:12 - Aug 27 by W13R

Leave off W13R , who you trying to kid

you would have been at this do and that club back in the day and throwing all sorts down your neck
getting in on a Sunday afternoon in time for sunday lunch after 2 days clubbing was a speciality for a while

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Reading Festival on 09:32 - Aug 28 with 4391 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Went to Reading in 1997 and 2009 (Metallica and the mighty GNR) the place was unrecognisable in 2009 the place was full of gap year types in bright wellies.

Not saying it's safe but I'd be more concerned if it was 1997.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Reading Festival on 11:10 - Aug 28 with 4321 viewsMrSheen

Reading Festival on 09:32 - Aug 28 by Metallica_Hoop

Went to Reading in 1997 and 2009 (Metallica and the mighty GNR) the place was unrecognisable in 2009 the place was full of gap year types in bright wellies.

Not saying it's safe but I'd be more concerned if it was 1997.

Metallica again this year. I doubt that 90% of the crowd would have ever heard them before, including my son. My daughter listens to Kerrang Radio, so she probably likes them.
Reading Festival on 11:14 - Aug 28 with 4304 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Reading Festival on 11:10 - Aug 28 by MrSheen

Metallica again this year. I doubt that 90% of the crowd would have ever heard them before, including my son. My daughter listens to Kerrang Radio, so she probably likes them.

Kerrang radio is Bollox, tell her to get on Teamrock or Totalrock

Only joking. Funnily enough FB told me I was there 5 years ago today!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024