Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Deadline Day Thread. 09:41 - Aug 31 with 37673 viewsDiscodroids

Stuck Here at Work which is resembling Pripyat Today.. Still, ive got tomorrow off in lieu , so i'll be able to strap myself into the sofa like malcolm mcdowell in clockwork orange to watch that bloke on sky sports who looks a joy division SS officer from Salon Kitty, inform me that the Chesterfield left back has gone to Rochadale on a free transfer every 15 minutes .

sky transfer deadline day.

"And now over to gay meadow !!, for an update on whether Lil the char lady is dispensing Viennese whirls or almonds slices to the youth team. The situation is described as 'Fluid '

I'll make a deal with you gentlemen, if i dont crowbar Jermey Corbyn Dancing at the Notting hill Carnival Like William Hague at the Joey Jay soundsystem into this thread Can you refrain from posting Hilarious 'Harry Redknapps Elbow out of the car window on sky transfer deadline day ' References.

My predictions thus.

Chas ,Hoilett, Phillips To leave
King Green to remain
Traore to tragically remain like a Blight /Curse/Pox woven into the fabric of the club.
A center Back to Arrive
A desperately incompetent Replacement for Chas,( Im thinking Gary Webster/ Dennis Waterman proportions)
A Reasonable Replacement For Phillips ( Im thinking Kenny Jones /Keith Moon proportions)

[Post edited 31 Aug 2015 9:42]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 23:14 - Sep 1 with 2398 viewsqueensparker

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 22:41 - Sep 1 by simmo

I hope a stray football smacks you right in the face you miserable tw@t.

Now now, we're all happy tonight, even SOG.

Leave it until we lose 4-1 to Forest on one of those glorious optimistic days at the Bush that go a bit wrong (we all know them)
Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 00:12 - Sep 2 with 2308 viewsBklynRanger

So we kept Phillips and Austin, signed another kind of Ale and a giant, quality, Italian centre back?

My melons are well and truly twisted by all of that.
Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 00:21 - Sep 2 with 2287 viewsPunteR

I cant believe we kept Austin,I was positive he would go.
The only thing I've predicted right so far this season is Discodroid coming back.
What a weird season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 07:27 - Sep 2 with 2177 viewsKonk

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 14:16 - Sep 1 by Mytch_QPR

I see big Dan Burn is a target for Sheff Utd. Konk's going to be distraught.

Having declared Big Dan Burn the world's greatest player, without having ever seen him kick a ball, it is with deep, deep regret that I have to acknowledge that this is in fact, not the case.

Fu ck me that hurt to type that. Sorry Big Dan Burn, old boy, but it's true. You're probably a very good 3rd division centre-back, and there's no shame in that. Keep fighting the good fight, son.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 08:19 - Sep 2 with 2107 viewsDiscodroids

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 07:27 - Sep 2 by Konk

Having declared Big Dan Burn the world's greatest player, without having ever seen him kick a ball, it is with deep, deep regret that I have to acknowledge that this is in fact, not the case.

Fu ck me that hurt to type that. Sorry Big Dan Burn, old boy, but it's true. You're probably a very good 3rd division centre-back, and there's no shame in that. Keep fighting the good fight, son.

Thought Fulham pulled of a nifty bit of business yesterday with Richard Stearman from wolves joining, a player i mentioned a few times that i would have like to have here, so he's bound to be crap now. Along With Ream ( i always think of joey essex when i type ream) they have a good combo at this level.

I would like to take this opportunity for you all to kneel and praise me and perhaps build a church in my honor, as my thread was the inspiration behind the greatest deadline day in recent times.

Nothing at all to do with Les and Chris.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 08:35 - Sep 2 with 2066 viewsKonk

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 08:19 - Sep 2 by Discodroids

Thought Fulham pulled of a nifty bit of business yesterday with Richard Stearman from wolves joining, a player i mentioned a few times that i would have like to have here, so he's bound to be crap now. Along With Ream ( i always think of joey essex when i type ream) they have a good combo at this level.

I would like to take this opportunity for you all to kneel and praise me and perhaps build a church in my honor, as my thread was the inspiration behind the greatest deadline day in recent times.

Nothing at all to do with Les and Chris.

Our new transfer policy is to look at clubs who often weren’t that great in the 2nd division last season, and sign their player of the year: Pringle, Cairney, O'Hara, Ream and Stearman. I think Stearman’s exactly what we’ve been missing; a commanding CB who is also something of a leader. I hope so, anyway. We’re very short up front, but we’ve a new defence, which we desperately needed and our midfield’s much stronger than last season too. Would hope to be loitering somewhere around the top eight with our first eleven, but far from convinced that Symons is the man to get the best out of the group.

Not sure it was a great window for Rangers from an accountant’s point of view, but from a fan’s perspective, you must be chuffed to have kept hold of some of your higher earners.

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 08:40 - Sep 2 with 2055 viewssimmo

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 08:35 - Sep 2 by Konk

Our new transfer policy is to look at clubs who often weren’t that great in the 2nd division last season, and sign their player of the year: Pringle, Cairney, O'Hara, Ream and Stearman. I think Stearman’s exactly what we’ve been missing; a commanding CB who is also something of a leader. I hope so, anyway. We’re very short up front, but we’ve a new defence, which we desperately needed and our midfield’s much stronger than last season too. Would hope to be loitering somewhere around the top eight with our first eleven, but far from convinced that Symons is the man to get the best out of the group.

Not sure it was a great window for Rangers from an accountant’s point of view, but from a fan’s perspective, you must be chuffed to have kept hold of some of your higher earners.

Pringle was always going to be a good signing for someone in this league, wand of a left foot and Rotherhams best player. How is O'Hara doing for you? I saw he had a brilliant assist at the weekend but he strikes me as someone no fans really want at their club.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 08:48 - Sep 2 with 2039 viewsKonk

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 08:40 - Sep 2 by simmo

Pringle was always going to be a good signing for someone in this league, wand of a left foot and Rotherhams best player. How is O'Hara doing for you? I saw he had a brilliant assist at the weekend but he strikes me as someone no fans really want at their club.

I’ve been very pleasantly surprised by O’Hara — he’s been MOTM in 3 of our opening games — I wasn’t expecting great things from him, but he’s been very tidy. Pringle’s been less impressive, but stood out last season in both games against Rotherham and as you say, has a lovely left foot. Unfortunately Smith’s out for a while, and I suspect the idea was that he’d been putting balls in the box for him. If we start playing McCormack up front, that would help, as Cairney and O’Hara both look capable of putting clever balls through.

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 08:58 - Sep 2 with 2015 viewspaulparker

What was the score with Mccormack then Konk ?
i would have thought your lot would have snapped Wednesday's hand off for the reported 10 million
i think Symons has bought well , Fredricks, Ream, and Stearmen who im surprised Wolves let go TBH
is the owner now gambling on your lot to go up ? seems a huge outlay
the only problem i can see is you dont have the right man in charge otherise you have a decent squad

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 10:18 - Sep 2 with 1969 viewsKonk

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 08:58 - Sep 2 by paulparker

What was the score with Mccormack then Konk ?
i would have thought your lot would have snapped Wednesday's hand off for the reported 10 million
i think Symons has bought well , Fredricks, Ream, and Stearmen who im surprised Wolves let go TBH
is the owner now gambling on your lot to go up ? seems a huge outlay
the only problem i can see is you dont have the right man in charge otherise you have a decent squad

We haven’t spent a lot — up to £10m reported in at various stages for Pat Roberts and we’ve spent a reported £3.5m on Cairney, £1.5m on Richards, £2m on Ream and the same on Stearman. Lonergan, Pringle, O’Hara and Fredericks were freebies. Meantime, we’ve got Rodallega, Stekelenburg, Amorebieta, Ruiz and Mitroglu off the wage bill, which only leaves us with Parker as earning properly mental money.

A major complaint has been that Khan hasn’t/won’t stick his hand in his pocket after promising to do “whatever it takes” to get us promoted — especially given that FFP looks to be a complete shambles.

I like McCormack a lot - would like him a lot more if Symons played him up front. Slow start to the season from him, but if Wednesday really bid £10m, I'm surprised we turned it down - that said, should be worth 20-odd goals in this division and as we've seen, replacement strikers are stupidly expensive even at this level.

At least Symons has a decent first XI now, so if things aren't noticeably better in 5-6 games, I think we'll be looking to make a change.

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 10:46 - Sep 2 with 1952 viewspaulparker

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 10:18 - Sep 2 by Konk

We haven’t spent a lot — up to £10m reported in at various stages for Pat Roberts and we’ve spent a reported £3.5m on Cairney, £1.5m on Richards, £2m on Ream and the same on Stearman. Lonergan, Pringle, O’Hara and Fredericks were freebies. Meantime, we’ve got Rodallega, Stekelenburg, Amorebieta, Ruiz and Mitroglu off the wage bill, which only leaves us with Parker as earning properly mental money.

A major complaint has been that Khan hasn’t/won’t stick his hand in his pocket after promising to do “whatever it takes” to get us promoted — especially given that FFP looks to be a complete shambles.

I like McCormack a lot - would like him a lot more if Symons played him up front. Slow start to the season from him, but if Wednesday really bid £10m, I'm surprised we turned it down - that said, should be worth 20-odd goals in this division and as we've seen, replacement strikers are stupidly expensive even at this level.

At least Symons has a decent first XI now, so if things aren't noticeably better in 5-6 games, I think we'll be looking to make a change.

yeah i can see poor old Kit on the rock & roll soon enough , is the fulham faithful still behind him ?
like the look of Cairney , think he is a good player who should be playing for a Prem team , i do think you have have done some good business this year
if Fulham get a good championship manager like Mcarthey or Jackett i could see you lot near the top

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 10:59 - Sep 2 with 1933 viewsKonk

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 10:46 - Sep 2 by paulparker

yeah i can see poor old Kit on the rock & roll soon enough , is the fulham faithful still behind him ?
like the look of Cairney , think he is a good player who should be playing for a Prem team , i do think you have have done some good business this year
if Fulham get a good championship manager like Mcarthey or Jackett i could see you lot near the top

I think the (vast?) majority would have said thanks for your efforts at the end of last season, and got someone new in. Nice bloke, I just don't think he has what it takes. We're generally a pretty patient bunch when it comes to giving managers/players stick, but with what seems to be a decent first XI, we'll need to see some serious improvement on last season's form and performances.

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 11:13 - Sep 2 with 1904 viewssimmo

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 08:48 - Sep 2 by Konk

I’ve been very pleasantly surprised by O’Hara — he’s been MOTM in 3 of our opening games — I wasn’t expecting great things from him, but he’s been very tidy. Pringle’s been less impressive, but stood out last season in both games against Rotherham and as you say, has a lovely left foot. Unfortunately Smith’s out for a while, and I suspect the idea was that he’d been putting balls in the box for him. If we start playing McCormack up front, that would help, as Cairney and O’Hara both look capable of putting clever balls through.

He always seems to make a big impression, especially at the begining, but then he ends up moving again, so either his performances drop or there's something else behind the scenes. That clip of his assist from this weekend though shows he is a good player at this level.

Pringle will come good I think, he's a forwards dream in the right system. Why would you not play McCormack up top?? Who is playing there if not him?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 11:21 - Sep 2 with 1893 viewsKonk

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 11:13 - Sep 2 by simmo

He always seems to make a big impression, especially at the begining, but then he ends up moving again, so either his performances drop or there's something else behind the scenes. That clip of his assist from this weekend though shows he is a good player at this level.

Pringle will come good I think, he's a forwards dream in the right system. Why would you not play McCormack up top?? Who is playing there if not him?

"Why would you not play McCormack up top??" - Kit Symons! McCormack was interviewed on the club site the other day and said he's asked Symons to play him up front, which is what he was signed to do. At the moment he's in a sort of underwhelming, Berbatov-playing-deep role. Smith had been playing there until his injury, Dembele's had a go and Woodrow's come of the bench...we are very light up top and looking fu cked if anything happens to McCormack. Looked like Hooper was coming in, but that hasn't happened - would be surprised if we weren't looking to get someone in.

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 14:59 - Sep 2 with 1788 viewsthemodfather

odd how man city spending £150m+ is applauded and near celebrated in the media
WHERE'S THE SODDING FFP THERE???
all the fuss cos we spent £45m....promoted teams have to sign and spend, watford have 15 new players and b'mouth 12.....but spare a thought and have some pity for jose and co, cos the board won't support him, lol!!
Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 15:09 - Sep 2 with 1771 viewskensalriser

Your manager sounds as thick as a pile of scaffold boards, Konk. Which part of 'Ross McCormack's a striker' do you think he doesn't understand?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 15:31 - Sep 2 with 1713 viewsKonk

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 15:09 - Sep 2 by kensalriser

Your manager sounds as thick as a pile of scaffold boards, Konk. Which part of 'Ross McCormack's a striker' do you think he doesn't understand?

I think he’s probably seen it as a genius “re-imagining” of McCormack’s potential contribution to the team. Buy a forward cos he scores a shed load of goals in that division and then play him in a sort of ill-defined midfield role where he contributes very little. Strange.

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 17:05 - Sep 2 with 1614 viewslondonscottish

Yes, the accountants will be wheezing a bit.

The reduction in wages has not been as precipitous as the fall in Air Asia;s share price....

Still, I'm a fan and not an accountant.

WHA HEY!!

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 20:27 - Sep 3 with 1450 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Transfer Deadline Day Thread. on 08:48 - Sep 2 by Konk

I heard that Pringle is prone to crumbling in the box..........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024