Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top five favourite sounds 09:57 - Sep 1 with 8684 viewsKonk

What are your five favourite sounds? If you only like one or two sounds, you can still participate, by the way.

Mine would be:

(1) My son laughing (especially if it’s me that’s making him chuckle)

(2) My parents laughing (as above)

(3) The roar that greets a Fulham goal — to fully appreciate this, it’s best to be sat in with the opposition fans.

(4) A wine bottle being uncorked.

(5) Being out on an early-morning bike ride and hearing the birds singing.

Honourable mentions to waves lapping against the shore, leather on willow, the sound of a heavy, long-awaited poo breaching the toilet water, and the wroof-wroof sound that’s generated when you walk at pace in mustard cords.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Top five favourite sounds on 13:14 - Sep 1 with 3158 viewsqueensparker

A few more:

- MIchael Holding's voice while bunking off work on a baking summer afternoon
- Two bricks clanking together (f-- knows why, but love this)
- Whatever new squeak or gurgle my nine month old daughter has learned today
- Rain tw-tting onto a tent roof while you're wrapped up warm inside
- The alarm clock on a Saturday morning, when you realise you can turn the b*stard off and go back to sleep
Top five favourite sounds on 13:30 - Sep 1 with 3112 views18StoneOfHoop

Cracking thread!
Enjoyed every post..
..ain't got anything different,special of my own to add except.. some nice noises in here:

one for me old pal Bilderberg Chubbs:

and one for The Modfather:
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 13:44]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Top five favourite sounds on 13:41 - Sep 1 with 3094 viewsTheChef

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Top five favourite sounds on 13:54 - Sep 1 with 3064 viewsBlackCrowe

Top five favourite sounds on 13:14 - Sep 1 by queensparker

A few more:

- The alarm clock on a Saturday morning, when you realise you can turn the b*stard off and go back to sleep

Very good...Holding's voice is a thing of beauty.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Top five favourite sounds on 14:06 - Sep 1 with 3042 viewsjohncharles

Top five favourite sounds on 13:54 - Sep 1 by BlackCrowe

Da Da Da Daa HOOPS ! Da Da Daa Da.

It's my round, what will you have ?

Peavey Vypyr 30W Modelling amp, makes any sound you like
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 14:13]

Strong and stable my arse.

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:11 - Sep 1 with 3033 viewsjohncharles

Top five favourite sounds on 13:54 - Sep 1 by BlackCrowe

Ooooops
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 14:14]

Strong and stable my arse.

Top five favourite sounds on 14:15 - Sep 1 with 3015 viewsWokingR

The sound of a Fart
It doesn't matter whether it is a high pitched squeaker, a low rumbler, wet, dry, loud or sneaky
I will never grow out of thinking farts are funny
Top five favourite sounds on 14:49 - Sep 1 with 2970 viewsKonk

Top five favourite sounds on 14:15 - Sep 1 by WokingR

The sound of a Fart
It doesn't matter whether it is a high pitched squeaker, a low rumbler, wet, dry, loud or sneaky
I will never grow out of thinking farts are funny

Some great choices, there. I would add the thunderous sound of pis s crashing against a stainless steel trough when you've been holding it in for ages and finally get to a pub khazi.

Not wishing to bring the collective vibe down too far, so without referencing genuinely horrible sounds like screaming, family members sobbing, air raid sirens and a pub full of idiots singing “Care free”, what’s your least favourite sound?

Mine would have to be the opening bars of “Dancing in the moonlight” by Top fu cking loader.

I was asked to look after the music at a mate’s family do in Walthamstow in the 90’s, and after turning-up with a shedload of vinyl and CD’s, and a bit of something for everyone, was bullied into playing “Dancing in the fuc king moonlight”, all fu cking night by some friend of the family who would come storming into the front room shouting, “Oi, cun t; put the fu cking moon song on”, whenever I tried to play something else. He even went to the effort of going home to get it when I told him I didn’t have it. I passed out in the early hours and when I came too, the first thing I heard was the start of that terrible fu cking song.

It still makes me anxious when I hear that song start up. “Chain reaction” makes my heart sink too.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Top five favourite sounds on 15:30 - Sep 1 with 2914 viewsMrSheen

Top five favourite sounds on 14:49 - Sep 1 by Konk

Some great choices, there. I would add the thunderous sound of pis s crashing against a stainless steel trough when you've been holding it in for ages and finally get to a pub khazi.

Not wishing to bring the collective vibe down too far, so without referencing genuinely horrible sounds like screaming, family members sobbing, air raid sirens and a pub full of idiots singing “Care free”, what’s your least favourite sound?

Mine would have to be the opening bars of “Dancing in the moonlight” by Top fu cking loader.

I was asked to look after the music at a mate’s family do in Walthamstow in the 90’s, and after turning-up with a shedload of vinyl and CD’s, and a bit of something for everyone, was bullied into playing “Dancing in the fuc king moonlight”, all fu cking night by some friend of the family who would come storming into the front room shouting, “Oi, cun t; put the fu cking moon song on”, whenever I tried to play something else. He even went to the effort of going home to get it when I told him I didn’t have it. I passed out in the early hours and when I came too, the first thing I heard was the start of that terrible fu cking song.

It still makes me anxious when I hear that song start up. “Chain reaction” makes my heart sink too.

Call centre hold music
We are sorry to announce...
Flat tyre
...will play Number 42, Queens Park Rangers
The Simpsons theme tune...my kids have watched it four times a day for the last eight years
Top five favourite sounds on 15:32 - Sep 1 with 2909 viewsDorse

The long, drawn out shrieks of an inexperienced curry eater who has mistakenly ordered a lobster phall.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Top five favourite sounds on 16:06 - Sep 1 with 2883 views1BobbyHazell

Top five favourite sounds on 14:49 - Sep 1 by Konk

The whole making your kids laugh thing that you initially mentioned actually morphs from the first list to the second one when they get older.

List 1 - The unrivaled, joyful, inner warmth of hearing delighted shrieks of approval at just how funny daddy is.

List 2- The heartless cackle of two teenagers losing their sh1t because one of them has surreptitiously filmed you doing or saying something perfectly reasonable and Snapchatted it to the other, all whilst you've all been sitting in the same room.

A very separate list 2 entry is the sound of Mrs 1BH's key in the front door, a little earlier than she said it would be, when you haven't quite finished your Internet Research.
Top five favourite sounds on 16:24 - Sep 1 with 2865 viewsDorse

One for Disco seeing as its mere mention made me inhale my coffee

'Holy Sardine!'

'How come you never name anything after me, Batman? You've got the Batmobile, the Bat Cave and even the Batcopter'.
'Well, you've got the Reliant, Robin'.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 16:47]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Top five favourite sounds on 18:21 - Sep 1 with 2795 viewsJuzzie

Least Favourite?

Anyone on X Factor trying to sing in the style of Christina Aguilera (sp?), that's been done to death the last two decades.

Anyone on X Factor

The door at work closing behind me as I go in on the morning

*snap* as I over tighten a bolt on my motorbike meaning I have to drill it out (thankfully not done it in a long time but still always wary it'll happen. Really need to invest in a small torque wrench...

Any cntish song sung by the home fans in SW6 (Not the Bishops Park part)
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 18:21]
Top five favourite sounds on 18:29 - Sep 1 with 2782 viewshopphoops

a window, slamming shut.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Top five favourite sounds on 00:04 - Sep 2 with 2715 viewsPommyhoop

A couple to go with the obvious ones that have been mentioned like nippers laughing etc...

The sound your reel makes when you've got a nice fish on..

The sound of your train coming to take you home, especially on a Friday.
You don't realise how good The London Underground really is until you emigrate...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Top five favourite sounds on 00:17 - Sep 2 with 2590 viewsBrightonhoop

A little coarse but:

My kids laughing their heads off.

A Spanish woman cummin.

A spanish woman saying 'en el culo.'

Being in the wrong place at the right time, unintentionally I should add, when QPR and the scums lads found each other and whoever the QPR lad was shouting 'looking for us, girls?' and the scum bricking it.

My Kawasaki GPz 1000Rx on the centre stand revving through all six gears cleanly, it's enough to make a grown man cry. lol

[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 0:24]
Top five favourite sounds on 00:44 - Sep 2 with 2571 viewsFredManRave

My car starting. Might not sound like much but I genuinely don't have the time, patience or money for it to not start so when it does, I'm chuffed.
The ATM machine counting out my money after making my withdrawal request.
The "ping" of the, it's ok to unfasten your seat belt sign.
The first rizzla paper being taken out of the packet. Unfortunately not heard it for a while.

Oh and;

"WOULD…..YOU…..BELIEVE IT? NO! UNBELIEVABLE"

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Top five favourite sounds on 01:34 - Sep 2 with 2558 viewsPunteR

Sizzling food.
That popping sound a nice warm log fire makes.
Any sound of an alcoholic beverage being opened.
My next door neighbours lawnmower.
The very quiet sound of my kids asleep.

Worst.
Squeaky shopping trolley
Post coming through the letterbox
Phone ringing
Alarm clock
Dentist drill

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Top five favourite sounds on 02:45 - Sep 2 with 2544 viewsPommyhoop

Top five favourite sounds on 00:04 - Sep 2 by Pommyhoop

A couple to go with the obvious ones that have been mentioned like nippers laughing etc...

You don't realise how good The London Underground really is until you emigrate...

About the sound of the reel .It's even sweeter when its your sons reel and he's fighting a big stingray for all he's worth

https://fbcdn-video-a-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xap1/v/t42.1790-2/10454582_101532

https://video-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xpf1/v/t42.1790-2/10290893_101532193919

Top five favourite sounds on 03:17 - Sep 2 with 2528 viewsisawqpratwcity

Top five favourite sounds on 00:04 - Sep 2 by Pommyhoop

Your Underground reference suggests a new thread, Pommy.

On a trip back to London, for the first time in 25 years, I was standing on the platform enjoying, like you, the sound echoing out of the tunnel when....WHOOOOSSSHHHH...I smelt the rush of dank tunnel air. It wasn't that it was particularly pleasant or otherwise, it was just the sudden reminder of something that was once very familiar.

The sense of smell can be incredibly evocative.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Top five favourite sounds on 03:43 - Sep 2 with 2515 viewsPommyhoop

Top five favourite sounds on 03:17 - Sep 2 by isawqpratwcity

Your Underground reference suggests a new thread, Pommy.

On a trip back to London, for the first time in 25 years, I was standing on the platform enjoying, like you, the sound echoing out of the tunnel when....WHOOOOSSSHHHH...I smelt the rush of dank tunnel air. It wasn't that it was particularly pleasant or otherwise, it was just the sudden reminder of something that was once very familiar.

The sense of smell can be incredibly evocative.

It's funny what you miss mate eh? I used to moan like f'ck about The Tube.Miss it like an old friend now...

Top five favourite sounds on 09:19 - Sep 2 with 2463 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Top five favourite sounds on 21:51 - Sep 2 with 2371 viewsMrSheen

Top five favourite sounds on 09:19 - Sep 2 by Metallica_Hoop

I happen to be sitting in a pub in County Kerry listening to "Dancing in the Moonlight". Konk, like the poor, is always with us.
Top five favourite sounds on 23:13 - Sep 2 with 2331 viewsCiderwithRsie

Top five favourite sounds on 13:14 - Sep 1 by queensparker

A few more:

Some lovely ones there, I know what you mean about the bricks. I bet plenty of batsmen used to wish that Michael Holding bunked off work more often....

- Distant sheep bleating on a hillside at dusk
- "You'll never feel more like singing the blues..."
- The scrunch of fresh snow
- Burnt toast being scraped. A weird childhood nostalgia thing there and a tribute to my mum's efforts to feed my dad, four kids, a cat and a dog simultaneously. I don't think she ever actually got any breakfast herself.
- Buzzards calling. Curlews too, but you don't get them round here.

I swear to God I once heard a pan-pipe on a deserted hilltop somewhere in Slovakia. That was just a bit too strange for comfort.
Top five favourite sounds on 02:25 - Sep 3 with 2274 viewsHitch

A Horses breathing as it gallops past, then the clip clop of its hooves as it walks on concrete.
A Cat when you wake it from a deep sleep.
Winston Churchill, war time speeches were amazing.
The theme to 'I Dream Of Jeanie'.
A Helicopter, always makes me think of Vietnam.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024