Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top five favourite sounds 09:57 - Sep 1 with 8653 viewsKonk

What are your five favourite sounds? If you only like one or two sounds, you can still participate, by the way.

Mine would be:

(1) My son laughing (especially if it’s me that’s making him chuckle)

(2) My parents laughing (as above)

(3) The roar that greets a Fulham goal — to fully appreciate this, it’s best to be sat in with the opposition fans.

(4) A wine bottle being uncorked.

(5) Being out on an early-morning bike ride and hearing the birds singing.

Honourable mentions to waves lapping against the shore, leather on willow, the sound of a heavy, long-awaited poo breaching the toilet water, and the wroof-wroof sound that’s generated when you walk at pace in mustard cords.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Top five favourite sounds on 10:10 - Sep 1 with 4967 viewsStanisgod

Is silence a sound ? It is if you've got tinnitus .

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Top five favourite sounds on 10:14 - Sep 1 with 4956 viewsGetMeRangers

Need more than one?

Phil Parry.....

http://deadspin.com/bbc-announcer-goes-bonkers-as-qpr-scores-90th-minute-wi-1581
Top five favourite sounds on 10:21 - Sep 1 with 4882 viewshoof_hearted

Home fans booing at the final whistle anywhere but Loftus Road. Stamford Bridge especially

(The whistling emoticon is not for "innocence" - it's the never felt more like singing the blues whistle solo.)
Top five favourite sounds on 10:42 - Sep 1 with 4833 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Top five favourite sounds on 10:58 - Sep 1 with 4808 viewsted_hendrix

(1) My 19 Month old granddaughter laughing her head off.

(2) Bacon sizzling in the frying pan.

(3) The feedback and tone from (my now sold) 1958 Fender Princeton when hooked up to my (now sold) 1956 Fender custom shop relic strat.

(4) Vintage steam engines ticking over.

(5) When the stewardess says "Welcome to Memphis airport, please remain seated until the pilot switches off the seat belt sign"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Top five favourite sounds on 11:04 - Sep 1 with 4756 viewsBluce_Ree

Favourite sounds.

1. The sound of a parent getting up in a restaurant and taking their crying fking kid outside.
2. The loud crash when a dickhead driver/motorcyclist speeds past you right into another vehicle.
3. Final whistle when QPR are leading in a match we're meant to lose.
4. The gentle bump when the plane you are on lands safely.
5. The static noise at the start of a good HBO TV show.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Top five favourite sounds on 11:08 - Sep 1 with 4748 viewsMytch_QPR

Konk,

On point 3 - does that mean you'll be sitting with us lot at the end of this month???

I do a lot of walking in North Wales and I love the sound of the streams (which ultimately become rivers) running over the rocks. Very happy sitting next to one of these and munching on a cheese and onion roll. Simple pleasures and all that.

The crunch of a fresh apple is a nice sound too (after the cheese and onion roll)...

I notice Blob is well and truly settled in Wales with his choice of 9 hours of rainfall.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Top five favourite sounds on 11:14 - Sep 1 with 4728 viewsscot1963

A favourite sound, is when the boats arrive back in the harbour after being away for the winter and there is the tinkling and clanking sound they make and it's the first sign that the good weather is on the way

The silence of the Welsh hills with the odd sheep and bird noise - it's a peaceful silence with the odd noise that I've never heard before

Most music but especially trance

The rhythmic sound of a train on a track (usually with the added scenery of Dawlish and that area)

Blob saying ok I'll buy you a Kipling handbag

Sure there are a lot more I've missed
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 11:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Top five favourite sounds on 11:20 - Sep 1 with 4704 viewspaulparker

That first crackle of a Vinyl record when the needle goes on

The sound of the front door shutting when the missus goes out

Sitting in a bar hearing the waves in the distance, thats when you know your on Holiday

The wall of chatter and laughter as you enter a busy pub, ( you know your in for the duration)

The crowd & PA Noise when you follow the steps up to your seat at HQ

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Top five favourite sounds on 11:21 - Sep 1 with 4699 viewslondonscottish

Crashing waves, running water, my kids giggling and so on. But to get more serious;

Various V twins (eg most Ducatis, the Suzi TLS 1000, a Moto Guzi Le Mans on pre-78 pipes)

Various triples (eg the Kawasaki kettles and the modern Triumph triple)

Various 4's (just about any Japanese bike with an Akropovich pipe)

Various 6's (...and the winner is a Porsche 993 with a sports exhaust)

Various 8's and twelves (AMG V8's get an honourable mention but the Merlin V12 in the Spitfire gets the top spot)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Top five favourite sounds on 11:24 - Sep 1 with 4682 viewsjamois

The satisfying depth charge of a large poo cleanly torpedoing its way to obscurity

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Top five favourite sounds on 11:42 - Sep 1 with 4649 viewsJuzzie

1) my 11 month old son's infectious laugh

2) QPR scoring a goal [don't need to be in the away end to appreciate it ;) ]

3) The sound of a good, big, motorbike or car engine (V4/V8/V12 preferably)

4) The sound of the front door at work closing behind me as I go home for the day

5) The distance sound of thunder and rain and/or the gentle sound of the ocean/waves lapping onto shore.

I'm going to shore-horn a 6th one, a 'Joker' card if you like ....
A good deep, loud fart!!! My own of course. I know it's considered rude but we happily accept a sneeze from someone yet that is far more contagious than a fart whilst the latter is healthy for you as it releases pressure on the colon etc. Of course, I do ensure I'm alone when I do one but lets face it, we all enjoy it don't we?!
Top five favourite sounds on 11:46 - Sep 1 with 4644 viewsMonahoop

The dawn chorus in spring.
Owls calling at night.
Steam trains starting off.
Prop job planes. Rolls Royce Merlin's preferably.
The crackle of needle to vinyl. Someone else on here already has this, but I like it too.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Top five favourite sounds on 12:04 - Sep 1 with 4600 viewsE17hoop

The satisfying fizz as you open an ice cold can on a hot day.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Top five favourite sounds on 12:10 - Sep 1 with 4571 viewsBlackCrowe

1. My kids laughter
2. Cork popping
3. Leather on willow
4. An old skool reggae bassline
5. waves crashing/lapping onto beach

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Top five favourite sounds on 12:15 - Sep 1 with 4557 viewsMrSheen

Not mentioned so far...

Chips going into a fryer.
Orchestra tuning up ready to play.
Top five favourite sounds on 12:17 - Sep 1 with 4549 viewshopphoops

the door of a greyhound bus opening (in films at least, i've never taken one).

following on from Juzzie, a good full bodied burp.

coffee percolating.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Top five favourite sounds on 12:20 - Sep 1 with 4536 viewsisawqpratwcity

The hum of a valve amp starting up.

Dick thrusting causing repetitive fanny fart noises. Both funny and always resulted in mutual happy result.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Top five favourite sounds on 12:21 - Sep 1 with 4527 viewsBlackCrowe

Oh yes, and the doors opening and closing aboard Star Trek's Enterprise.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Top five favourite sounds on 12:25 - Sep 1 with 4501 viewsBrianMcCarthy

1) Foreign languages and church bells drifting through your bedroom window on a holiday morning
2) Somebody saying 'thanks'
3) Somebody you love saying 'I love you'
4) The sound of my surfboard slapping the water on a clean and sunny day
5) A final whistle roar.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Top five favourite sounds on 12:28 - Sep 1 with 4483 viewsTheBlob

Top five favourite sounds on 12:20 - Sep 1 by isawqpratwcity

The hum of a valve amp starting up.

Dick thrusting causing repetitive fanny fart noises. Both funny and always resulted in mutual happy result.

Thanks for that - put me right off me dog roll.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Top five favourite sounds on 12:29 - Sep 1 with 4472 viewssimmo

That 'plop' or is it a 'plip' of something (small stone, water drop, etc) hitting a larger pool of water. It's a funy sound that I always enjoy.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Top five favourite sounds on 12:44 - Sep 1 with 4420 viewsMrSheen

Walking on gravel.
Top five favourite sounds on 12:55 - Sep 1 with 4379 viewspaulparker

im Suprised no one has said the sound of Hand Slapping a buxom Arse

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Top five favourite sounds on 12:59 - Sep 1 with 4352 viewsDiscodroids

I Agree with Konk, and he has Cornered the market for his excellent thread , RE his children and parents laughter, as thisis for me my favourite sound( although it does sound like something Johnny Mathius would incorporate into a song on pebble mill at one ) so,

The sound of a minimoog/Roland Tb 303 the greatest single invention for an Electronic music fan. The enigma Machine of the music world.limitless possibilities and sounds( they look wonderous as well)

the closing theme tune credits to fackin 'location location'

That sound that Adam West makes when hitting that rubber shark in the 1966' Batman' film.

Sydney james laugh/Rik Mayall Laughing ( Still cant believe he's gone)

Gerry Francis Talking, He may have the tone / Vocal Arrangement of Martin Booreman presenting a sawtooth configuration lecture on the open university at 3.45 am, but i love that Man, and i imagine thats how angels will sound when i finally turn up my toes due to A sexually Charged Mica paris in full golden shower mode , upping the voltage as im wired to an upturned metal bed frame.

err, after that admission , Any of the lords glorious Hymns.. I cant think of any but anythIng Ffom f songs of praise will do, especially when Jess yates was on it.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024