Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? 17:54 - Sep 1 with 6277 viewsstuabd

Potentially our first choice team now is faster, more skilful and better than the one we had in the premiership. Agreed?

We seem to have some players that actually want to play for us and prove something.

What the he'll is going on!
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:32 - Sep 1 with 4828 viewshoof_hearted

Green

Perch Chief Angella Konchesky

Sandro Toszer Phillips Luongo

Chery Austin

Subs: Smithie Hall Fer Faurlin JET.

That is one mighty championship team and bench. Doughty and Clint can't make the bench and I like the pair of them.
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:38 - Sep 1 with 4773 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Can't disagree with this at all.

HOWEVER....

I'm going to hold my hands up and say that 2012 BazzaInTheLoft would have laughed in your face if you said the signings of Barton, Wright Phillips, JS Park, Cisse, Ferdinand, Remy, Granero, Mbia, Samba etc were the disaster they was.

HIndsight is a wonderful thing........
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:40 - Sep 1 with 4714 viewsclassof93

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:32 - Sep 1 by hoof_hearted

Green

Perch Chief Angella Konchesky

Sandro Toszer Phillips Luongo

Chery Austin

Subs: Smithie Hall Fer Faurlin JET.

That is one mighty championship team and bench. Doughty and Clint can't make the bench and I like the pair of them.

Would imagine Yun will be first choice left back when back. If Fer is fit surely he would have to play....too good for this league to be on the bench.
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:42 - Sep 1 with 4684 views2Thomas2Bowles

No Mackie then ?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:43 - Sep 1 with 4678 viewsJigsore

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:40 - Sep 1 by classof93

Would imagine Yun will be first choice left back when back. If Fer is fit surely he would have to play....too good for this league to be on the bench.

We've got Robinson at LB to who'll be coming back from that long injury towards the arse end of this season too. We're positively swimming in left backs it seems

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:45 - Sep 1 with 4655 viewshoof_hearted

Forgot YSY and Mackie and I was already excited.

I have never said this in my lid=fe but OMG
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:45 - Sep 1 with 4621 viewsQPRinCT

It's hard not to be super positive at this point.
Let's get some wins!
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:49 - Sep 1 with 4578 viewsTheBlob

Of course not.We haven't got the wonderful and charismatic Joey Barton.
For shame.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:50 - Sep 1 with 4571 viewsdanehoop

I think that it looks a far better balanced squad, that seems to compliment the style and formation that CR wants us to be playing. That and there is some actual coaching and tactics involved.

Retaining Charlie and the speed and skill of the midfield just makes you feel that you will always nick a goal. Now we actually have some depth to the squad in key positions as well. If we can get a decent couple of loans to add some further quality/depth (i.e. a forward) then it does start to look one of the best squads that we have assembled in years.

Never knowingly understood

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:52 - Sep 1 with 4535 viewsenfieldargh

only 5 on the bench?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:53 - Sep 1 with 4534 viewshoof_hearted

The spare striker is Chery. I keep going on about him being a Defoe type striker. We haven't got a beanpole plan B hoof ball striker but we can do the old Olly tactic and shove the chief up front for a 10 minute panic.
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:57 - Sep 1 with 4488 viewsElHoop

It wouldn't exactly be difficult to be better than the Premiership side would it? Plus we suffered a lot of injuries and loss of form last season. Quite a few of the players that were are saying are part of a better side this season were pretty much invisible last season in games that mattered. But it's great to see us retain most of our better players and get rid of most of the dross, which is the opposite of how it normally goes when you go down. It looks like a very offensive side to me, so we'll need to blow away the opposition on a regular basis as we will definitely concede plenty. If he stays fit then Charlie could score a heck of a lot of goals in that side. The record total for the Football League Championship (ie since 2004) is 30.
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 23:50 - Sep 1 with 4093 viewsqueensparker

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 18:53 - Sep 1 by hoof_hearted

The spare striker is Chery. I keep going on about him being a Defoe type striker. We haven't got a beanpole plan B hoof ball striker but we can do the old Olly tactic and shove the chief up front for a 10 minute panic.

I reckon Fer would be half decent up front as well
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 23:59 - Sep 1 with 4061 viewssouthernR

Been a bit disconnected as I'm in New York but just returned back to my hotel to recive the lack of transfer out news. just can't believe it can get this good..

Finally QPR do the right thing, much credit here to TF (is he being quiet or am I missing something?) and the management team for getting in some decent players that actually strengthen the squad. They must also be saying and doing the right things for some of our players not to request transfers/loan moves.

This season just could have got a whole lot better...Bring it on!
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 00:13 - Sep 2 with 4030 viewsPommyhoop

Better team , better squad and just as importantly better manager/coach.
Let the Ramsey Revolution Roll ON !!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 00:20 - Sep 2 with 4004 viewsozexile

A better team and a team more importantly with a plan.
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 01:03 - Sep 2 with 3938 viewsGetMeRangers

Depth....

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 06:49 - Sep 2 with 3803 viewsRanger78

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 01:03 - Sep 2 by GetMeRangers

Depth....

Looks good doesn't it.

Also full of people who seem to care! Lots to look forward to, definitely have a team and club we can start to be proud of again.

Mind you, I still can't believe Ramsey didn't get bombed out after 2 games ...................................😂
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 06:51 - Sep 2 with 3798 viewsHunterhoop

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 01:03 - Sep 2 by GetMeRangers

Depth....

At present, I'd play Luongo instead of Fer and Faurlin or Toszer instead of Luongo in that first team.

I think that holding 2 will be made up of one from Sandro, Henry or Doughty and one of Faurlin, Toszer and, possibly Luongo, but him expect him to stay in the '3' behind the forward. Fer needs to earn his place in the team and earn the right to keep it not just breeze in. Same with Sandro.

Also, from what I've heard from Watford fans I really don't think we should underestimate Toszer. Meant to be quality on the ball.
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 07:19 - Sep 2 with 3752 viewsBerkoRanger

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 06:49 - Sep 2 by Ranger78

Looks good doesn't it.

Also full of people who seem to care! Lots to look forward to, definitely have a team and club we can start to be proud of again.

Mind you, I still can't believe Ramsey didn't get bombed out after 2 games ...................................😂

I've always said a successful side needs two quality players in every position. And there it is!
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 7:20]
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 08:35 - Sep 2 with 3602 viewsNW10Hoop

I know it's stupid to read too much into tweets, but Matty Phillips' tweet yesterday about Charlie staying makes me think that the training ground will be buzzing for days now that they are both staying. Believe they'll be talking about going for a top 2 finish, whereas up up until now I guess they may not have known what they should be aiming for.

As long as we don't fall wildly short of the top 6 (expectations were lower before deadline day), this season will have been a success. The club seems to be changing for the better so much quicker than any of us would have expected, we've got a younger, hungrier, cheaper squad playing much more attacking football. Let's not let the positive mood darken with the odd bad run. A younger squad might find it hard if the fans get on their backs but with a bit of confidence and swagger could make quite an impact in the championship this year or next. Many of them look like they will make the step up to the Premier league - hopefully with us. But how refreshing to have players on the up than mercenaries looking for one last bumper contract.

Bournemouth lost 8 last season, Watford lost 11, the play off teams lost 10-14 matches. Don't despair if we lose against Forest!
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 08:58 - Sep 2 with 3546 viewssimmo

--------------------Green-----------------
Perch-----Chief (C)--Angella-----YSY
--------------Luongo--Tozser-----------
Phillips-----------Fer------------Chery
-----------------Austin--------------------

Smithies, Hall, Konchesky, Faurlin, Sandro, Mackie, Polter

Going to be some tough decisions on who to leave out the matchday squad, JET, Gladwin, Doughty, etc all don't make my team which is harsh, but what can you do?!

The thing I like about this team though, is that it's easily manipulated to play in different ways, the 5 behind Austin can mostly be switched around and you could easily go 2 up top and switch to a back 3 with Perch/Chief/Angella as the CB's. You can also bring someone like Sandro in to either try and sure things up, or give more freedom to everyone ahead of him to attack more. SO many options and one of those ‘nice manager problems’ we never fckin get to hear about at QPR.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 10:20 - Sep 2 with 3443 viewsGetMeRangers

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 06:51 - Sep 2 by Hunterhoop

At present, I'd play Luongo instead of Fer and Faurlin or Toszer instead of Luongo in that first team.

I think that holding 2 will be made up of one from Sandro, Henry or Doughty and one of Faurlin, Toszer and, possibly Luongo, but him expect him to stay in the '3' behind the forward. Fer needs to earn his place in the team and earn the right to keep it not just breeze in. Same with Sandro.

Also, from what I've heard from Watford fans I really don't think we should underestimate Toszer. Meant to be quality on the ball.

Wasnt my doing... lifted shamelessly from Twitter

I really enjoyed the CR interview on the offish. It makes sense now that the squad is settled you will have proper competition for places. As long as he and Les can keep the dressing room and training pitch sweet, that can only be a good thing. QPR's protentensity for injuries mean that many will get their chance. I am also guessing some may go out on loan, like Gorbels did.

The youth of the side means, I hope, that not only will these players develop under the tutelage of CR and perhaps mean that following transfer windows wont require such radical overhauls... and there have been some promising additions at youth level too
A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 10:45 - Sep 2 with 3404 viewssimmo

JET is the one I am a bit concerned about, personally I don't think he gets in our 18 with everyone fit and he doesn't seem like the type whose ego will take kindly to not even making the bench. Not very #swazzy to be 3rd choice in your favoured positions...

Still, could be wrong and that year at Bristol could really have levelled him out. It’s a problem for Chris Ramsey and as above, it’s not a bad one to have.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

A better team than we ever had in the premiership? on 17:07 - Sep 2 with 3168 viewsTacticalR

A bit academic as the team is not actually in the Premiership.

Looking back to the team that got us up last time, it was a cobbled together side that had enough to get out of the Championship (with a huge slice of luck at Wembley), but never got going in the Premiership.

The problem is that there is a significant gap between the Championship and the Premiership, and just because some teams (such as Swansea and Southampton) have managed to negotiate the step up doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of teams (such as Burnley and Reading) who haven't.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024