Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... 19:44 - Sep 1 with 5275 viewsconnell10

......BIG TIME! A lot of fans expectations would have gone through the roof today! Will chris be able to handle the pressure? I think he will be alright but we shall see.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 22:38 - Sep 1 with 3178 viewsLadbrokeR

Honestly lets get behind the fella. We all know he was formerly a youth coach blah blah blah. The more support he gets the better he we deal with the pressure. I have just been given something to look forward to maybe even the start of a new - a little dramatic.
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 23:12 - Sep 1 with 3060 viewsconnell10

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 22:38 - Sep 1 by LadbrokeR

Honestly lets get behind the fella. We all know he was formerly a youth coach blah blah blah. The more support he gets the better he we deal with the pressure. I have just been given something to look forward to maybe even the start of a new - a little dramatic.

im 100 percent behind chris, i have been right from the off, i love the direction the club is going in right now but owing to the fact we now have a really strong squad i can see the fans getting very restless if we have a couple of bad results, which put loads of pressure on chris!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 23:39 - Sep 1 with 3012 viewsQPR_Nippon

I agree there is more pressure on Ramsey now, but I hope fans also remember that is mainly thanks to him and LF that we have such a strong squad.

On the face of it CR and LF have had an excellent transfer window. But in missing out on fees for Austin, Caulker, Fer etc. while at the same time keeping their wages on the books we have really raised the stakes for the season ahead. I don't think settling for consolidation is an option anymore.

If we go straight back up it will have been worth holding on to Austin and Phillips. If we don't, will we be looking back on this as another risky gamble that didn't pay off and further jeopardised the club's future?
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 23:51 - Sep 1 with 2967 viewsPunteR

Hows he under more pressure? He's still got his best players. I would assume that makes his job easier.

I'm not expecting automatic promotion, I still think we've got our work cut out,but I do think we're going in the right direction.

Well done sir Les

Happy days.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 0:00]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 23:51 - Sep 1 with 2967 viewsMatch82

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 23:39 - Sep 1 by QPR_Nippon

I agree there is more pressure on Ramsey now, but I hope fans also remember that is mainly thanks to him and LF that we have such a strong squad.

On the face of it CR and LF have had an excellent transfer window. But in missing out on fees for Austin, Caulker, Fer etc. while at the same time keeping their wages on the books we have really raised the stakes for the season ahead. I don't think settling for consolidation is an option anymore.

If we go straight back up it will have been worth holding on to Austin and Phillips. If we don't, will we be looking back on this as another risky gamble that didn't pay off and further jeopardised the club's future?

Clive had a quote about Phillips that was quite telling, suggesting that he gives credit to Ramsey for his resurgence and that's one of the reasons he wanted to stay
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 23:51 - Sep 1 with 2965 viewsQPR1882

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 22:38 - Sep 1 by LadbrokeR

I remember the same thing being said on here by quite a few when Harry took over after did not have the best of starts.
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 00:07 - Sep 2 with 2931 viewsBrightonhoop

Am staggered Charlie is still with us, how did Manure spend £36 mil on an unproven teenager whilst declining Charlie at £15 mil with 18 Prem goals last season? Cannot get my head around that one. Good ol' Charlie. And declining Palace to remain with us? For me that's down to Sir Les and CR.
No pressure then fellas! lol

Great things happening at QPR again, these halcyon days are what built the Clubs best years in the past. We still have that potential. With Arry gone and, with respect, TF less hands on, CR is doing amazingly well. TF clearly trusts both CR and Sir Les in standing back, and its working. So credit to Fernandes too.Did we get mugged off? Nope. Makes fools of ourselves as a Club? Nope. Some great signings and kept our backbone despite everything screaming Charlie and Philips would go.

Footballs turned a corner today, no Arry talking bollx out of his car window and QPR did not have their pants taken down. Much, much better. Keep the faith.
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 00:49 - Sep 2 with 2865 viewsNorthernr

Given that people were hammering him without a complete team, with players potentially leaving and unsettled, with a sht pre-season, inevitably that will now be ratcheted up further. TBF, on paper, we have the best starting 11 in the division now IMO.

But here's a thought. We don't we just enjoy it for a few weeks. We attack, we're quick, we're entertaining and when we're none of those things (Huddersfield) we grind out a win anyway. Let's not inflate expectations, let's not pile pressure on, let's let them play for a bit and see how they do.

Then, if we're only eighth in mid-October, let's start setting fire to parked cars.
Login to get fewer ads

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 00:58 - Sep 2 with 2852 viewsGetMeRangers

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 00:49 - Sep 2 by Northernr

Given that people were hammering him without a complete team, with players potentially leaving and unsettled, with a sht pre-season, inevitably that will now be ratcheted up further. TBF, on paper, we have the best starting 11 in the division now IMO.

But here's a thought. We don't we just enjoy it for a few weeks. We attack, we're quick, we're entertaining and when we're none of those things (Huddersfield) we grind out a win anyway. Let's not inflate expectations, let's not pile pressure on, let's let them play for a bit and see how they do.

Then, if we're only eighth in mid-October, let's start setting fire to parked cars.

+1

But setting light to moving vehicles is so much more fun and has greater effect
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 01:32 - Sep 2 with 2828 viewsQPR_Nippon

You're right, Clive. It's just bitter experience and deja vu from again reading one optimistic thread after another on this board at the end of just about every summer transfer window in recent memory!

I am genuinely chuffed to bits with how the squad is looking. At least 2 players for every position, players identified to fill particular positions and suit the particular style that we want to play. It just seems that, the way things have gone for us long-suffering Rs fans over recent seasons it's all a bit too good to be true, and now we can't help but brace ourselves for the other shoe to drop.

It's also hard not to inflate expectations when, as you say earlier in the same post, we arguably have on paper the best starting 11 in the division.

But, as we know, games are not won on paper. To get out of this league CR still needs to mould his squad into a team that's worth the sum of its parts and more; to get them into a fit, firing, cohesive, well-drilled, tactically astute unit. Such things may take time and patience. Let's hope the Rangers fanbase is up to the task.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 1:33]
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 01:42 - Sep 2 with 2807 viewsPunteR

Although I do wonder what Ramsey's employers are expecting of him.

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 01:54 - Sep 2 with 2796 viewsGetMeRangers

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 01:32 - Sep 2 by QPR_Nippon

You're right, Clive. It's just bitter experience and deja vu from again reading one optimistic thread after another on this board at the end of just about every summer transfer window in recent memory!

I am genuinely chuffed to bits with how the squad is looking. At least 2 players for every position, players identified to fill particular positions and suit the particular style that we want to play. It just seems that, the way things have gone for us long-suffering Rs fans over recent seasons it's all a bit too good to be true, and now we can't help but brace ourselves for the other shoe to drop.

It's also hard not to inflate expectations when, as you say earlier in the same post, we arguably have on paper the best starting 11 in the division.

But, as we know, games are not won on paper. To get out of this league CR still needs to mould his squad into a team that's worth the sum of its parts and more; to get them into a fit, firing, cohesive, well-drilled, tactically astute unit. Such things may take time and patience. Let's hope the Rangers fanbase is up to the task.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 1:33]

My hope is that it is CR as a coach that is going to make the difference. That coupled with the squad now being settled, Charlie with fire in his belly to prove Sullivan, Woy and those that didnt have the faith to stretch to 15 million for him, but also there must be belief among the players that we have a very strong squad... with stiff competition for places

Having Chaz, Matty and Chery all off the mark early and handsomely will also help. In NW season, the Derby result felt like the one that laid down the marker for the season. Cardiff at home could so easily have turned into a rout at Wolves, yet the players saw what happens when you stick to a plan. I wonder if we will look back at seasons end, to that being a pivotal point... notwithstanding today's events!

I know I am a naive about football, but I havent been this excited about the club since the day Adel signed. That season, it was a joy to watch him play. This year it is the whole team and revolution happening, even if it may not work out they way we might all hope.

Goodness, I am loving this atm.... if no one had noticed
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 02:07 - Sep 2 with 2785 viewsPunteR

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 01:54 - Sep 2 by GetMeRangers

My hope is that it is CR as a coach that is going to make the difference. That coupled with the squad now being settled, Charlie with fire in his belly to prove Sullivan, Woy and those that didnt have the faith to stretch to 15 million for him, but also there must be belief among the players that we have a very strong squad... with stiff competition for places

Having Chaz, Matty and Chery all off the mark early and handsomely will also help. In NW season, the Derby result felt like the one that laid down the marker for the season. Cardiff at home could so easily have turned into a rout at Wolves, yet the players saw what happens when you stick to a plan. I wonder if we will look back at seasons end, to that being a pivotal point... notwithstanding today's events!

I know I am a naive about football, but I havent been this excited about the club since the day Adel signed. That season, it was a joy to watch him play. This year it is the whole team and revolution happening, even if it may not work out they way we might all hope.

Goodness, I am loving this atm.... if no one had noticed

Its good to see the youthful exuberance of a 50 year old QPR fan.

Enjoy the next few days mate and hopefully the rest of the season.

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 02:26 - Sep 2 with 2769 viewsbacardiinbrissie

With the way this season has started and the way the window has gone, I really cannot see why anybody would not get behind Ramsey and give him a decent chance. He would have been pivital in getting Phillips, Austin & Fer etc to stay and has been delivering the results and changes every QPR fan has been demanding.

Hope he gets more support from all at the games. He deserves it IMHO but Im just quietly confident that he'll have his Ramsey Out brigade still around just waiting for 2 loses on the trot.
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 02:58 - Sep 2 with 2748 viewsdaveB

Ramsey has had a very good window, todays news has changed my view on aiming for mid tables to playoffs as a minimum, could be a very enjoyable season but who knows. I remember thinking we'd walk the league after the summer window last time and we came nowhere near.

A front line of Phillips, Mackie, Chery and Austin should be bloody exciting though
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 03:08 - Sep 2 with 2735 viewsPommyhoop

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 02:58 - Sep 2 by daveB

Ramsey has had a very good window, todays news has changed my view on aiming for mid tables to playoffs as a minimum, could be a very enjoyable season but who knows. I remember thinking we'd walk the league after the summer window last time and we came nowhere near.

A front line of Phillips, Mackie, Chery and Austin should be bloody exciting though

Agree Dave in that you say mid table TO play offs.I don't think he'd be a failure if he doesn't get top 6 straight away ( even if I am quietly confident we will . shhhh)
Agree with Clive , bacardi and many others when they say please be patient and don't get the pitchforks out after a couple of bad results..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 03:19 - Sep 2 with 2719 viewsdaveB

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 03:08 - Sep 2 by Pommyhoop

Agree Dave in that you say mid table TO play offs.I don't think he'd be a failure if he doesn't get top 6 straight away ( even if I am quietly confident we will . shhhh)
Agree with Clive , bacardi and many others when they say please be patient and don't get the pitchforks out after a couple of bad results..

don't expect to win every game but with the team he's put together and the early signs i think we'll finish top six now, really looking forward to the rest of the season, difference between Austin staying and going is massive to us. I think top 2 is a big ask, not convinced by our back four to aim that high but no idea what the new fella is like
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 03:40 - Sep 2 with 2702 viewsPommyhoop

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 03:19 - Sep 2 by daveB

don't expect to win every game but with the team he's put together and the early signs i think we'll finish top six now, really looking forward to the rest of the season, difference between Austin staying and going is massive to us. I think top 2 is a big ask, not convinced by our back four to aim that high but no idea what the new fella is like

Yep and dont forget we've got the b'stard minefield that is the January Window. They could well be swooped up in that.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 10:30 - Sep 2 with 2556 viewsGetMeRangers

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 02:07 - Sep 2 by PunteR

Its good to see the youthful exuberance of a 50 year old QPR fan.

Enjoy the next few days mate and hopefully the rest of the season.

Given the times the Rs ad added considerable years to me, it is great they are now returning them , with some!

Kids play a part. Never done the 'grabbing signatures' and taking photos with players before (did for Cardiff) and they are insistent upon going to every game they can... it is infectious, and certainly not helped by the club acting in a manner I had given all hope of ever seeing again, let alone a return to "We play on teh floor, we play on the floor, We're Queen's Park Rangers, we play on the floor"

Happy days

Now for that first elusive away win at.... you know the one I mean
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 13:56 - Sep 2 with 2462 viewsPinnerPaul

Agree Clive, especially in regard to having the best 11.

Like you, I want people to see that as a positive.

Despite protestations on here, saying the aim was "safety" and "consolidation" its very hard to get excited when the limit of your ambition is to finish 12th - that I think accounts for the muted atmosphere at home games so far.

Really looking forward to Forest at home, but like others half expecting some sort of Rs disaster like Charlie and Matt colliding in training or something!

But yes agree lets enjoy it, as I've said before, if you don't - what IS the point - isn't that supposed to be what watching sport is all about?!
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 15:02 - Sep 2 with 2355 viewsadhoc_qpr

I suppose the difference is previously, we've been happy with the signings and hoped that it would translate into good results and performances.

But this time we are already seeing good results and performances - so it feels a bit more tangible and signs are good.

I still think Ramsey is a workmanlike, functional type manager. Give him the best tools and he'll do a decent job, give him a poor squad and he'll struggle accordingly.

Although i'll be delighted if Ramsey continues to shove those words back down my throat (as he has so far this season).
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 15:46 - Sep 2 with 2266 viewsJuzzie

As I said on the Austin thread, my expectations haven't changed.

Yes, we have now got a good squad for this division, capable of Top 10 at least. Defence is still a worry for me otherwise I'd have said higher. One of the main reasons, Taarabt aside, we were Champions a few years back is due to a record breaking (22 or 24) clean sheets. We'd shipped I think only 14 goals up to Christmas back then. We've already done half that in our first 5 games.

Yes, it's great we've still got Austin, Phillips & Green until January at least but lets not go on a frenzy expecting to be in the top two come Christmas (a complete reversal of the armegeddon that ensued after the Charlton game).

The pressure will only be on if people ramp up to unrealistic expectations. Lets just enjoy it for a few months at least and see what happens in January.
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 15:51 - Sep 2 with 2260 viewskingsburyR

Winning at Wembley the minimum for me now.

4/1 seems very generous with the squad we now have.

What date is the playoff final again? I need to book the next day off.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 17:15 - Sep 2 with 2109 views2Thomas2Bowles

On paper we have a top 6 squad in anyone eyes, so that's what I expect
Is CR up to it ? I had my doubts same as many.

There are now going to be a few players that they got in, who won't now get a look in, the landscape has changed, there is no point in us having CA and MP to only aim for mid table and lose out on the fees we could have got for them, so top 6 has to be the minimum.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 17:32 - Sep 2 with 2067 viewsjohncharles

Making promotion the Holy Grail for this season would be a huge mistake. We need to regroup and reorganise. We need to have a pool of younger players and bring them on sensibly. Promotion when this group has been together for another year or two. Playing attractive, skilful football. not saying we shouldn't go for it but there are more important issues to be sorted first.

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024