Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... 19:44 - Sep 1 with 5280 viewsconnell10

......BIG TIME! A lot of fans expectations would have gone through the roof today! Will chris be able to handle the pressure? I think he will be alright but we shall see.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 17:45 - Sep 2 with 1561 viewsCFW

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 02:58 - Sep 2 by daveB

Ramsey has had a very good window, todays news has changed my view on aiming for mid tables to playoffs as a minimum, could be a very enjoyable season but who knows. I remember thinking we'd walk the league after the summer window last time and we came nowhere near.

A front line of Phillips, Mackie, Chery and Austin should be bloody exciting though

Got to say I do agree. Problem Ramsey now has is he cannot hide behind the loss of key players like Green, Fer, Phillips and Charlie because they have all stayed and we have added to the squad with some good young players. If the players really get behind him and give it their all, as a team, think we could and should do well. As we all know this is a tough division, plenty of matches etc but we do have cover in a lot of area's. Full backs for me still a worry but like you mate I am looking forward to the next eight months.
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 18:07 - Sep 2 with 1518 viewsWatfordR

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 17:32 - Sep 2 by johncharles

Making promotion the Holy Grail for this season would be a huge mistake. We need to regroup and reorganise. We need to have a pool of younger players and bring them on sensibly. Promotion when this group has been together for another year or two. Playing attractive, skilful football. not saying we shouldn't go for it but there are more important issues to be sorted first.

I agree with this sentiment - I have thought that the club could do with two or three years away from the pressure of the Prem to build the foundations that have been desired by so many.

However, I am beginning to feel that with the continued commitment to, and support from, the owners to a medium to long term plan for the club, promotion to the Prem is almost becoming an irrelevance.

We've been relegated twice with these owners, and the world hasnt come to an end financially. I am not sure that promotion this year and relegation next year would necessarily make much difference to them, as long as the club continues to develop along the correct lines.

It may be that we have a period of years where the results don't matter as much as the development of a style and ethos. Now that really would be amazing.
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 18:41 - Sep 2 with 1474 viewsNW10Hoop

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 17:32 - Sep 2 by johncharles

Making promotion the Holy Grail for this season would be a huge mistake. We need to regroup and reorganise. We need to have a pool of younger players and bring them on sensibly. Promotion when this group has been together for another year or two. Playing attractive, skilful football. not saying we shouldn't go for it but there are more important issues to be sorted first.

Sorry to be an arse but they will have been playing together for a year come the end of the season. If they happen to be in the top 6 then I definitely want them to go up.

We don't need to serve some kind of 3 year penance in the Championship if we have the players capable to get up and have a crack at the the Premier League. If it's all fitting into our new financial responsibilities - then it's something to celebrate

I was part of the "more signings, hold onto Charlie and Matt" brigade over the summer - and one of the main reasons was - we finally had manager who was humble, known as a good coach and not one of the old guard on the management merry-go-round.I was keen Ramsey got what he needed to make something of the season instead of just being in charge during the austerity years. He's now got the tools, it would be brilliant if he knows how to use them
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 19:15 - Sep 2 with 1431 viewsDoughnut

If Ramsey sorts out the defence, as he says he needs to, then the team will be a force to be reckoned with and my on-off view of him will be back on again.
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 21:55 - Sep 2 with 1283 viewskensalriser

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 21:58 - Sep 2 with 1275 viewsderbyhoop

I cannot agree that we have the best starting XI in the division. But I do think we have the best squad.
If your starting XI was Green; Perch, Onouha, Angella, Koncheskey; Henry, Faurlin; Phillips, Luongo, Chery, Austin

then your back up is
Smithies; Furlong, Hall, Hill, Yun; Doughty, Sandro; Mackie, JET, Gladwin/Fer; Polter

And as the season goes on, Suspensions/Injuries kick in, then you need a squad. Maybe not top 6 at Christmas but eminently achievable by May.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 22:24 - Sep 2 with 1231 viewsIngham

The manager's problem is his own results, not supporters failing to get behind him. Nobody will get on his back if he's successful. No-one will want him around if he isn't. We've never evolved a way of giving a Manager time because the Club has never evolved a way of showing that any time we give them that isn't reducible to playing well and winning matches is being well spent.

The supporters are serious enough to be patient, provided they have something to be serious about. If we can't win, win, win, because we're not ready yet, some evidence must be provided that winning is on its way. Otherwise we have no reason to give him time. If things are coming together, but we're not ready 'yet', that 'yet' must mean something concrete. Not just the usual empty words.

If the Board set a good example, and appointed a Manager for, say, 5 years at a stretch, not sacking him no matter what, that would indicate that at least THEY believed what they tell us. And that they, at least, were convinced that he, and the Club, really DO have what it takes.

Not sacking the Manager even if he is losing steadily would show they have faith, and that there is something to have faith in.

Because as soon as losses mount beyond a more or less predictable critical point, the Manager is out the door. If the CLUB doesn't give its Managers time, why should we, and what difference will it make if the remedy is always the sack.

Whoever is to blame for the short-term career prospects of Managers, it isn't the fans. To date, winning has been the only way to judge the Manager. So Ramsey has to win.

We can't make up his deficiencies by backing off. He's getting his chance, and getting well paid for it, that's more than fair. We're not obliged to pretend he's better than his results suggest. At the moment, they're good. But his enhanced status precisely IS down to his results. After last season, a bad start this year would have lowered his stock dramatically.

We should bear in mind that QPR may get nothing out of his time with the Club, like so many of his predecessors. But the same is never true of them. They're always quids in. And Ramsey will be no different, he'll get what he contracted for. He won't leave empty-handed, even if his time here proves to be an expensive mistake for the Club.

So let's reserve our sympathies for QPR. The people who run the Club get routinely stiffed by the players and their representatives who are always able to ensure that, however badly they perform, the ultimate loser is always QPR.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 22:33]
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 01:28 - Sep 3 with 1123 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 22:24 - Sep 2 by Ingham

The manager's problem is his own results, not supporters failing to get behind him. Nobody will get on his back if he's successful. No-one will want him around if he isn't. We've never evolved a way of giving a Manager time because the Club has never evolved a way of showing that any time we give them that isn't reducible to playing well and winning matches is being well spent.

The supporters are serious enough to be patient, provided they have something to be serious about. If we can't win, win, win, because we're not ready yet, some evidence must be provided that winning is on its way. Otherwise we have no reason to give him time. If things are coming together, but we're not ready 'yet', that 'yet' must mean something concrete. Not just the usual empty words.

If the Board set a good example, and appointed a Manager for, say, 5 years at a stretch, not sacking him no matter what, that would indicate that at least THEY believed what they tell us. And that they, at least, were convinced that he, and the Club, really DO have what it takes.

Not sacking the Manager even if he is losing steadily would show they have faith, and that there is something to have faith in.

Because as soon as losses mount beyond a more or less predictable critical point, the Manager is out the door. If the CLUB doesn't give its Managers time, why should we, and what difference will it make if the remedy is always the sack.

Whoever is to blame for the short-term career prospects of Managers, it isn't the fans. To date, winning has been the only way to judge the Manager. So Ramsey has to win.

We can't make up his deficiencies by backing off. He's getting his chance, and getting well paid for it, that's more than fair. We're not obliged to pretend he's better than his results suggest. At the moment, they're good. But his enhanced status precisely IS down to his results. After last season, a bad start this year would have lowered his stock dramatically.

We should bear in mind that QPR may get nothing out of his time with the Club, like so many of his predecessors. But the same is never true of them. They're always quids in. And Ramsey will be no different, he'll get what he contracted for. He won't leave empty-handed, even if his time here proves to be an expensive mistake for the Club.

So let's reserve our sympathies for QPR. The people who run the Club get routinely stiffed by the players and their representatives who are always able to ensure that, however badly they perform, the ultimate loser is always QPR.

Just a point but i feel I have to ask,

The Club have employed Ramsey long term (3 years not 5) as you asked, the team have enjoyed a better start to the season with decent results than anyone ever expcted & CR and Les must have been pivotal in reating 3 of possibly the best players in the league.

This is what you wanted, so why arent all QPR fans behind Ramsey and supporting him ? rather than wanting him out.
To think that the fans not supporting CR has no affect would also be a little niave i think ?

Seems to me that the club IS moving in the right direction and he should be given time. Or am i missing something ?
Login to get fewer ads

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 02:45 - Sep 3 with 1099 viewsQPR_Jim

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 22:24 - Sep 2 by Ingham

I don't get your point about the board setting an example. They've sacked two managers Warnock and Hughes. Fan consensus on Warnock was split but ultimately the board inherited Warnock so it's not like they sacked their own guy. Hughes they persisted with well beyond the point that most fans lost faith and then got blame for not acting quicker (probably correctly). But you're saying that they should have persisted in order to set an example. They did the same with Redknapp who eventually resigned but probably would have seen out his contact if he waited until he was pushed despite the fanbase (correctly) having grown tired of him.

So they already tend to give managers longer than the fans would. I think it's important that the board are able hold their hands up and say they've made a mistake rather than compounding it by persisting with something that's not working.

You say yourself that we, as fans, will judge Ramsey on results so he has to win. So if results go badly and we're all calling for change you want the club to ignore us and continue anyway until his contract runs out? Rather than showing faith do you not think most fans would use it as proof the owners don't know what they're doing and use it as an example forevermore of why their choices are wrong in every subsequent decision they make.

Seems illogical to me.
Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 09:24 - Sep 3 with 986 views2Thomas2Bowles

dp
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 9:38]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 09:38 - Sep 3 with 977 views2Thomas2Bowles

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I have a little sympathy for TF but in the main he has been a bit of a idiot, taken in by both MH and HR.

Ingham's idea of giving 5 year contracts and just letting them get on with it no matter what is just daft.

Like HR apparently been offered a new 2 year contract this time last year, if they were offering him it as HR kept telling us on every press conference, then we should be grateful to HR he never signed it.

Every season we have heard TF say " lesson learned" maybe they have this time but I still think giving CR a 3 year contract madness, not interviewing other candidates again madness.
You do have to trust in people but you also need to know when to recognise when it's not working and act upon it. he failed to do that a number of times.

So no, managers should not be given long contracts and free reign.

Ingham, please don't point to the likes of shankly , his type are long gone.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 9:45]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Now the pressure is on ramsey ..... on 09:42 - Sep 3 with 970 viewssimmo

"Nobody will get on his back if he's successful. No-one will want him around if he isn't"

It depends what you mean by success doesn't it. Some people judge success purely by whats happening on the pitch via results, I would say that given how fcked the club has become that changing things off the pitch is just as important as the results on a Saturday.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024