Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A genuine new era 20:04 - Sep 1 with 4581 viewsbosh67

Rangers in loyalty shocker! Okay, these lads are paid handsomely for what they do but for the first time in a very long time it actually feels like players have decided to stay and play because they want to put the hoops on and play for QPR, rather than simply come to make a lot of money and then be off at the first sniff of something better. Rob, Ned, Matty and Charlie's behaviour during this transfer window has been key to a new era here.

Ned, Matty and Charlie all turned down moves to a higher level. Would they have had to take a pay cut? Not sure but the point is they all wanted to stay and I don't think for once it has been about the money. They are settled here. They want to play for QPR. They enjoy playing under the coach. They like playing for the club and they like playing for the fans.

There seems to be a genuine respect for the club amongst the senior players finally and that is a great benchmark for the younger players. They will look at these players and see that this is a club that players of a higher standard want to be at.

So, I think today has been another stride towards becoming the club we all remember, with players who are prepared to fight for the club at whatever level it is at.

Onwards and very much upwards!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A genuine new era on 20:11 - Sep 1 with 3675 viewsBluce_Ree

KING GREEN.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

A genuine new era on 20:24 - Sep 1 with 3539 viewsThGrimRanger

I admire your positive thinking. My thinking (depending on player) is a mixture of some or all of the following...

1) not being wanted
2) demanding too much in wages at new club
3) being able to demand massive bucks when they become free agents
4) being tarred with the QPR brush
5) being injury prone
6) being Traore

TheGrimRanger

A genuine new era on 20:31 - Sep 1 with 3462 viewsconnell10

A genuine new era on 20:24 - Sep 1 by ThGrimRanger

I admire your positive thinking. My thinking (depending on player) is a mixture of some or all of the following...

1) not being wanted
5) being injury prone
6) being Traore

Blimey now i know why you go by the name of GRIMranger!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

A genuine new era on 20:39 - Sep 1 with 3372 viewsTacticalR

@ThGrimRanger '6) being Traore'

It's terminal but not contageous.

Air hostess clique

A genuine new era on 21:04 - Sep 1 with 3212 viewsOakR

Bosh it certainly feels good.

Not sure some of those stayed out of loyalty per se, but they have stayed and been entirely professional about it.

CR got some stick earlier, but deserves huge credit just for the change in atmosphere he has created in a short space of time. We will see how the season pans out, but most people are now looking forward to it, which makes a nice change!

Poll: Will we stay up?

A genuine new era on 21:12 - Sep 1 with 3133 viewsHooparoo

A genuine new era on 21:04 - Sep 1 by OakR

Bosh it certainly feels good.

Not sure some of those stayed out of loyalty per se, but they have stayed and been entirely professional about it.

CR got some stick earlier, but deserves huge credit just for the change in atmosphere he has created in a short space of time. We will see how the season pans out, but most people are now looking forward to it, which makes a nice change!

Agree with all that. If really feels like we've turned a corner.

Finally! 😎

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

A genuine new era on 21:14 - Sep 1 with 3121 viewsToast_R

Going back to the club's roots. Buying young talent from lower divisions with hunger in their bellies. Their enthusiasm is contagious. A stark contrast to the signings of 3 or 4 years ago of those w@nkers who had seen it done it and just proping up the retirement fund. Feels good to know we're getting our identity back.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 21:15]
A genuine new era on 23:17 - Sep 1 with 2689 viewsNW10Hoop

Even the fear of losing some of best players feels better than the fear of what Harry was gonna saddle us with each deadline day.
Login to get fewer ads

A genuine new era on 23:30 - Sep 1 with 2636 viewsTacticalR

A genuine new era on 23:17 - Sep 1 by NW10Hoop

Even the fear of losing some of best players feels better than the fear of what Harry was gonna saddle us with each deadline day.

'We need to bring in one or two'.

Air hostess clique

A genuine new era on 23:43 - Sep 1 with 2573 viewsPommyhoop

A genuine new era on 23:17 - Sep 1 by NW10Hoop

Mate, that feeling was horrible eh?
Wayne Bridge was one I remember .

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

A genuine new era on 00:54 - Sep 2 with 2494 viewsNW10Hoop

A genuine new era on 23:43 - Sep 1 by Pommyhoop

Mate, that feeling was horrible eh?
Wayne Bridge was one I remember .

Yup, I remember chat of Adebayor just before Harry hobbled off into the sunset - relegation was already on the cards and he was trying to sign a 90k a week player. I Was willing Fernandes to put his foot down, thank fck he did even if it was too late. The Zarate debacle happened this year! Isn't that nuts!? Already feels like a different club. Struggle to think of a team in any of the leagues who has had such a good transfer window - we've shed so much dead weight and made some decent signings, while keeping two of the most effective players we've had in years.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 6:56]
A genuine new era on 09:42 - Sep 2 with 2348 viewsPommyhoop

A genuine new era on 00:54 - Sep 2 by NW10Hoop

Yup, I remember chat of Adebayor just before Harry hobbled off into the sunset - relegation was already on the cards and he was trying to sign a 90k a week player. I Was willing Fernandes to put his foot down, thank fck he did even if it was too late. The Zarate debacle happened this year! Isn't that nuts!? Already feels like a different club. Struggle to think of a team in any of the leagues who has had such a good transfer window - we've shed so much dead weight and made some decent signings, while keeping two of the most effective players we've had in years.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 6:56]

Scott Parker, Robbie Keane , Jermain Defoe.
Christ he made us suffer around Transfer Window time.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

A genuine new era on 09:50 - Sep 2 with 2312 viewsChurchie

A genuine new era on 20:24 - Sep 1 by ThGrimRanger

1) not being wanted
5) being injury prone
6) being Traore

Or;

7) None of these, and a foresight of a bright future for the club and themselves.
A genuine new era on 09:54 - Sep 2 with 2300 viewsjamois

Lovely sentiments Bosh but I'm not sure I agree. It was a terrific window for us for a change, on paper at least, and it enables us all to feel very positive and that is great. But I'm certain there was never a package of transfer fee plus wages that were felt appropriate by either the club or Charlie and that is essentially why he is still here. Clearly he's very settled and unlike too many professional footballers he has some kind of perspective which has enabled him to see that staying put for now is no bad thing for him contractually and otherwise.

As for Phillips, well nobody bought him pure and simple. For Green I'm sure they just wouldn't match his wages. Ned is playing at the right level for him now, he's captain and he's settled. It would have to have been a helluva an offer to move at the last minute like that I should think.

What it does show is that Loftus Road and Harlington must be nicer places to be around than they have been the last few years and that can only be a wonderful thing.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

A genuine new era on 09:55 - Sep 2 with 2300 viewswestberksr

would love to agree with you wholeheartedly Bosh but suspect that had things fallen into place we'd have a different looking squad this morning........

but......

.....the fact that they all kept their gobs shut and didn't get their agents bitching and whining to anyone who'd listen, or throw a tantrum and not deliver the goods in the first few games; means i have a new found respect for a few of our players. For the first time in a very long time we can be pleased with the club we support and some of those that represent it.
A genuine new era on 10:01 - Sep 2 with 2278 viewsQPunkR

I agree with the two previous posts. Don't think they stayed out of love for the Club or a feeling of gratitude, but thank goodness they have however it's happened. Plus they've all been completely professional about the whole thing. Obviously we don't know what goes on behind closed doors but out on the pitch they've all been playing without seeming to hold anything back.
Good times.

QPR - "shit but local"

A genuine new era on 10:57 - Sep 2 with 2201 viewsAntti_Heinola

A genuine new era on 10:01 - Sep 2 by QPunkR

I agree with the two previous posts. Don't think they stayed out of love for the Club or a feeling of gratitude, but thank goodness they have however it's happened. Plus they've all been completely professional about the whole thing. Obviously we don't know what goes on behind closed doors but out on the pitch they've all been playing without seeming to hold anything back.
Good times.

Yeah, we shouldn't get too misty-eyed about it, but when you see how other players have 'engineered' a move away, you have to give ours credit simply for being professional - and also the club credit for being an environment where they want to be. Of course they're all on good money, which helps, but none of them, I would've thought, are on astronomical wages.

Definitely feels good to be an R today.

Obviously we'll get stuffed by Forest now.

Bare bones.

A genuine new era on 11:04 - Sep 2 with 2165 viewsGetMeRangers

A genuine new era on 10:01 - Sep 2 by QPunkR

Good times.

Afraid Les doesnt agree with you... he thinks they will get better now... as do I

A genuine new era on 11:09 - Sep 2 with 2156 viewsjamois

A genuine new era on 11:04 - Sep 2 by GetMeRangers

Afraid Les doesnt agree with you... he thinks they will get better now... as do I

Happy birthday there GetMeRangers! Looking good for the big 5-0. Congratulations.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

A genuine new era on 11:10 - Sep 2 with 2146 viewsCFW

I am so glad to have been wrong - I honestly thought Green, Fer, Philips, Sandro and Charlie would all be gone by the close of the window but they are not. Given we have added some good young players and got rid of a lot of dross (still a few to go) agree with most that we are in a good situation.

For me just getting back to thinking we can win on a Saturday as opposed to wondering if we are going to get stuffed again. We can now just sit back and enjoy what we all want to do - watch our team play and be competitive. Sure we are going to have bad weeks and I am still not sure about our full backs but rest of the squad looks (on paper) quite strong.

Never been so happy to have been wrong!!!!
A genuine new era on 11:17 - Sep 2 with 2115 viewsGetMeRangers

A genuine new era on 11:09 - Sep 2 by jamois

Happy birthday there GetMeRangers! Looking good for the big 5-0. Congratulations.

Thanks. At least it isnt another ten until I have to notice a birthday
A genuine new era on 11:26 - Sep 2 with 2075 viewspaulparker

A genuine new era on 10:57 - Sep 2 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, we shouldn't get too misty-eyed about it, but when you see how other players have 'engineered' a move away, you have to give ours credit simply for being professional - and also the club credit for being an environment where they want to be. Of course they're all on good money, which helps, but none of them, I would've thought, are on astronomical wages.

Definitely feels good to be an R today.

Obviously we'll get stuffed by Forest now.

it makes a nice change from the days of Barton, MBia, Bosvvanker slagging the club off
maybe our Ambassador Andy Sinton had a word in the shell likes of Phillips & Austin
after all i think he regrets ever leaving us for Sheff Wed, he was never the same player ,
anyway hopefully this gives everyone a lift and we come flying out the traps against Forest and give them a good turning over

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

A genuine new era on 12:34 - Sep 2 with 1940 viewsGetMeRangers

Great, great interview with Les on Player... only slightly spoiled for me, by him adding at the end that he is already going to start looking for additions in january. I know that is par for the course, "For me, it is all about getting the team to where it needs to be, and we arent there yet... you probably never are" - could have come straight out of Hughes or HR mouths! Not another one from Spurs

TBH I would rather there were very few movements in Jan... guess that is coupled with a hope that CR gets the team to where I believe it could get to

Those that have a phobia of 'gelling', probably best you dont listen to the first 3 mins!

http://www.player.qpr.co.uk/latest-news/4755fc77-f213-4458-bd42-2d2b5834f765
A genuine new era on 13:03 - Sep 2 with 1883 viewsblacky200

A genuine new era on 12:34 - Sep 2 by GetMeRangers

Great, great interview with Les on Player... only slightly spoiled for me, by him adding at the end that he is already going to start looking for additions in january. I know that is par for the course, "For me, it is all about getting the team to where it needs to be, and we arent there yet... you probably never are" - could have come straight out of Hughes or HR mouths! Not another one from Spurs

TBH I would rather there were very few movements in Jan... guess that is coupled with a hope that CR gets the team to where I believe it could get to

Those that have a phobia of 'gelling', probably best you dont listen to the first 3 mins!

http://www.player.qpr.co.uk/latest-news/4755fc77-f213-4458-bd42-2d2b5834f765

Re looking at additions in January shows a level of professionalism that we have lacked over the last few years. Scouting takes time and it won't just be a plan A it will be plan B plan C. This is what we are willing to pay the club & player. No? OK plan B it is.
Much better than the HR way of adding bodies to the squad with no re-sale value, high wages, long contract and no real plan on how they will be used.
A club that is not constantly moving forwards is essentially going backwards. How many times did Alex Fergusson rebuild the hugely successful Man Utd teams over the years. And even when he wasn't rebuilding he was always looking at quality additions that fitted in with how they wanted to play.
A genuine new era on 13:18 - Sep 2 with 1828 viewsTacticalR

There's nothing more we like at QPR than new eras. That's why we have them so often.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 13:18]

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024