Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A genuine new era 20:04 - Sep 1 with 4562 viewsbosh67

Rangers in loyalty shocker! Okay, these lads are paid handsomely for what they do but for the first time in a very long time it actually feels like players have decided to stay and play because they want to put the hoops on and play for QPR, rather than simply come to make a lot of money and then be off at the first sniff of something better. Rob, Ned, Matty and Charlie's behaviour during this transfer window has been key to a new era here.

Ned, Matty and Charlie all turned down moves to a higher level. Would they have had to take a pay cut? Not sure but the point is they all wanted to stay and I don't think for once it has been about the money. They are settled here. They want to play for QPR. They enjoy playing under the coach. They like playing for the club and they like playing for the fans.

There seems to be a genuine respect for the club amongst the senior players finally and that is a great benchmark for the younger players. They will look at these players and see that this is a club that players of a higher standard want to be at.

So, I think today has been another stride towards becoming the club we all remember, with players who are prepared to fight for the club at whatever level it is at.

Onwards and very much upwards!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A genuine new era on 13:33 - Sep 2 with 785 viewsTheBlob

Well it all looks very good on paper.
But then so did the plans for The Titanic.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

A genuine new era on 13:58 - Sep 2 with 723 viewsGetMeRangers

A genuine new era on 13:03 - Sep 2 by blacky200

Re looking at additions in January shows a level of professionalism that we have lacked over the last few years. Scouting takes time and it won't just be a plan A it will be plan B plan C. This is what we are willing to pay the club & player. No? OK plan B it is.
Much better than the HR way of adding bodies to the squad with no re-sale value, high wages, long contract and no real plan on how they will be used.
A club that is not constantly moving forwards is essentially going backwards. How many times did Alex Fergusson rebuild the hugely successful Man Utd teams over the years. And even when he wasn't rebuilding he was always looking at quality additions that fitted in with how they wanted to play.

Oh, I know that - just the desire for stability after the last four years... which I am sure we are getting.

Given how Les, as a novice, has done so far, I am quietly confident that it will get better, not that I am in the slightest bit complaining now
A genuine new era on 14:50 - Sep 2 with 660 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm glad Les is already scouting ahead for January!
Finding players like Luongo, Gladwin and Chery requires good scouting and you need to act quickly to snap them up too.

These young(ish) players with real potential can either play prem level with us or be sold for a profit (which can then be re-invested in the team).

The nice thing currently is should we go up this season, the team shouldn’t need major surgery to compete at the next level.

And if we don’t go up, the young players have another season’s experience and we should be in an even stronger position to compete for promotion the season after.

Ramsey is still a wild card in all this, but he’s currently proving people wrong (including me), so long may that continue!
A genuine new era on 14:52 - Sep 2 with 653 viewsblacky200

A genuine new era on 13:58 - Sep 2 by GetMeRangers

Oh, I know that - just the desire for stability after the last four years... which I am sure we are getting.

Given how Les, as a novice, has done so far, I am quietly confident that it will get better, not that I am in the slightest bit complaining now

Hopefully the players we have now have enough quality and are of a decent age that the major rebuild is over and then it will just be additions as players leave/move on/better players identified. Exciting times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024