Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey has a tough job ahead of him 20:21 - Sep 1 with 2951 viewsqpr1976

Bearing in mind his keeness to blood & develope youngster, we have a huge 1st team squad to keep happy. And we've started well. so dropping current incumbants could prove devisive.

Green, Smithies, Lumley
Perch, Furlong (Harriman)
Konchesky, Yun, Kpekawa, Robinson, Traore
Onouha, Hill
Angella, Hall (Caulker)
Henry, Sandro, Doughty, (Gobern)
Faurlin, Tozser, Diakite, Comley
Luongo, Fer, JET, Manning, Sutherland
Chery, Gladwin, Hoilett, Grego-Cox
Phillips, Mackie, Petrasso
Austin, Polter, Blackwood

1st team squad of 36 (+3 out on loan) and I know I've missed 1
Obviously a few youngsters will go out on loan - Comley, Sutherland, Petrasso, Manning & G-Cox, and possibly Traore & Hoilett. but that still leaves 30+

Great strength in depth but tough to keep everyone happy.
Good luck to him.
I'm starting to really look forward to the season now (could get too enthused while the trasfer window was open.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 20:25]
Ramsey has a tough job ahead of him on 20:44 - Sep 1 with 2820 viewsBerkoRanger

Is there actually a maximum squad size allowed in the championship? I can't remember.
Ramsey has a tough job ahead of him on 20:46 - Sep 1 with 2798 viewsdanehoop

Ramsey has a tough job ahead of him on 20:44 - Sep 1 by BerkoRanger

Is there actually a maximum squad size allowed in the championship? I can't remember.

Don't think there is.

Never knowingly understood

Ramsey has a tough job ahead of him on 20:59 - Sep 1 with 2698 viewsLblock

As usual.... CHRIS has my total support

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ramsey has a tough job ahead of him on 21:01 - Sep 1 with 2685 viewsNorthernr

Look how much younger, quicker and more attacking our team is in general though. Not all about youth teamers (of which we don't have many up to Champ standard) it's about average age of the team. Luongo, Chery, Gladwin, Polter, Hall all young lads. Doughty now involved after years without a look in. Kpekawa and Furlong on fringe. We look like a quick, vibrant team now. We've reduced the wage bill, added some great players, added speed, reduced the average age. Big big start for LF LH and CR.
Ramsey has a tough job ahead of him on 21:21 - Sep 1 with 2595 viewsdavman

Just how big is the wage bill now? Is it REALLY that much lower?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ramsey has a tough job ahead of him on 21:26 - Sep 1 with 2559 viewsLblock

Given the choice I'm sure they'd liked to have got 4 players out which would cut the wage bill by over £8 million a year
But Sandro, Fer, Junior WE and Armbands all still with us

Are Russia and Turkey still open for business??!?!?!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ramsey has a tough job ahead of him on 21:57 - Sep 1 with 2382 viewsjamois

One of his biggest challenges will be finding a decent right back amongst those 36!

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Ramsey has a tough job ahead of him on 22:25 - Sep 1 with 2223 viewsvegasranger

This must be a better squad than the one that crawled up two years ago? Much younger but plenty of experience. More attacking and with real pace. The rest of the didvision should be really scared. Our bench could be

Smithies, Hall, Sandro, Fer, Polter, Mackie & Yun.

No place for Hill, Gladwin, JET
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey has a tough job ahead of him on 09:12 - Sep 2 with 2046 viewsSomersetHoops

I don't think Chris Ramsey and Les expected to have some of our prize assets still at the club and wanted a season of stabilisation. The way things have turned out they may be under quite severe and unexpected pressure to aim for promotion. I think that may be asking a lot, but we are where we are and I suspect our wages are still too high for our current level, so we need to be looking upwards. I agree with many that our current squad should be capable of a top 6 finish, but it needs to fit together as a team to get the best from it. Apart from technical coaching its the feeling of togetherness that CR needs to develop and if he can do that he will be a success and who knows what could happen. It seems an interesting and entertaining time could be ahead.

I hope it is going to be a success and Tony Fernandes learns that you can find better players by proper scouting, value judgement and analysis and letting people with knowledge of football get on with their job, rather than chasing expensive bigged up players who normally turn out to be bad value disappointments.

Who's Next?

Ramsey has a tough job ahead of him on 09:54 - Sep 2 with 1987 viewsrobith

Thing is

1. There is an absolute ton of games in the Champo and they come thick and fast. So everyone will get games
2. Ramsey seems to have been quite clear with people about their roles. When we brought in Hall he said he was back up. He started well, but we've brought in Angella, but he knew his role was as a back up. Thankfully we've seen some potential there so won't worry about him deputising in. Likewise Ale won't be able to play all the time so having a player like Tosser allows us to rotate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024