Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Since Tony Fernandes has been out the picture 10:00 - Sep 3 with 4406 viewsclassof93

I think the biggest factor in the seemingly improved situation at the club is that TF is no longer running the show. I know he is meant to be “Co Chairman” but I get the impression that it is Ruben now making all the decisions along with the new CEO. His twitter comments also seem to have reduced. The last time the club were successful was when Briatorie took a back seat and Amit took over — hopefully the same again and it stays this way and he isn’t let back in the building!
Since Tony Fernandes has been out the picture on 10:01 - Sep 3 with 4397 viewsbosh67

There is definitely a lower media profile at the club and it is suiting everyone on the playing side very well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Since Tony Fernandes has been out the picture on 19:13 - Sep 3 with 4062 viewsDylanP

I think the biggest factor is the interaction of Venus with the Sumer Solstice. I have been huffing incense and it all became clear to me, like a flash of blinding light.

Someone suggested that it might a function of new coach getting a chance to work with players and develop a system, new players willing and eager to learn, and a new division which isn't nearly as punishing. But no. I am convinced it is all down to the alignment of the stars!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Since Tony Fernandes has been out the picture on 19:28 - Sep 3 with 4030 viewsdanehoop

I think the biggest factors have been appointment of Sir Les to cover the football direction and Lee Hoos to cover the business side. They both seem to know what they are doing and are working well togther. That also fits with TF's standard business model in hiring in competent managers and giving them the space and authority to manage. Having Ruben in place means that there is a dedicated point of contact at all times for Hoos and Sir Les to work with. The owners have also learnt the hard way the danger of signing expensive managers and players doesnt always adds up to success (TF basically ran it like a fan, not a business man).

It doesnt mean that TF cares less about QPR, but it does mean they have learnt to step back and run it it more like other Tune Businesses.

Never knowingly understood

Since Tony Fernandes has been out the picture on 20:16 - Sep 3 with 3942 viewsShotKneesHoop

It's all down to R'sWiPE finishing the end of his four year taking the piss contact so that normality returns.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Since Tony Fernandes has been out the picture on 20:27 - Sep 3 with 3922 viewsrsonist

The club are pretty adept at the smoke and mirrors... I don't think it's comparable to Briatore/Amit. The heat was on TF so he took a public back seat but I somehow doubt Ruben in his little cap is suddenly the one calling all the shots (and calling them right). They hired Les and Hoos to run the club - same as they did Mike Rigg - and are leaving them to it, presumably (though not necessarily) with some vague but generous budget stipulations. They're what's changed, and they should be taking the credit for now.
Since Tony Fernandes has been out the picture on 22:53 - Sep 3 with 3745 viewsDylanP

Also, we are only 5 games into the season. It is probably a little early to be declaring victory. Just like I wasn't willing to declare defeat after the Carlisle game, I am not yet ready to declare job done. Things look good at the moment; let's just enjoy it for what it is.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Since Tony Fernandes has been out the picture on 08:53 - Sep 4 with 3571 viewsMytch_QPR

To be fair to TF, he did say 'no fire sales' and he was true to his word on that. I don't know how much influence Lee Hoos and Sir Les are having but the club feels like it is being run properly for the first time in a fair while.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Since Tony Fernandes has been out the picture on 09:11 - Sep 4 with 3554 viewsPinnerPaul

Since Tony Fernandes has been out the picture on 10:01 - Sep 3 by bosh67

There is definitely a lower media profile at the club and it is suiting everyone on the playing side very well.

I would say thats 95% due to the fact we are not in PL anymore.

Media not really interested in anything else
Login to get fewer ads

Since Tony Fernandes has been out the picture on 09:20 - Sep 4 with 3535 viewsTheBlob

He's got enough problems as it is...for starters....

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/business-news/shares-in-tony-fernandes-airasi

http://www.wealthx.com/articles/minisite-post/red-planet-hotels-ends-partnership
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 9:44]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Since Tony Fernandes has been out the picture on 09:26 - Sep 4 with 3517 viewsDiscodroids

Tonys Tweet of the year 2015.

Tony fernandes@ tweet April 17 2015 4.58pm

" stay proud and erect QPR fans , i know i will, here in my penthouse in bangkok sitting under this glass table looking up at a 17 year old thai hooker deficating on it.
#scatology#enjoy your nobbys nuts in the springbok.#you daft cnts.

thank the celestial beings in the night sky that this belter has taken a back step into the shadows like Shirley carter on Eastenders.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Since Tony Fernandes has been out the picture on 09:29 - Sep 4 with 3512 viewsclassof93

Since Tony Fernandes has been out the picture on 08:53 - Sep 4 by Mytch_QPR

To be fair to TF, he did say 'no fire sales' and he was true to his word on that. I don't know how much influence Lee Hoos and Sir Les are having but the club feels like it is being run properly for the first time in a fair while.

"feels like it is being run properly for the first time in a fair while". .........exactly and that's because he's not about.

People that know what they're doing are being left to do their jobs, hence, why no Ji Sung Park's, Joey Barton's or Assou-ekotto's turning up.....and no embarrassing dream manger tweets or Mark Hughes type managers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024