Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations 13:03 - Sep 3 with 7931 viewsjamois

You are Sir Les and Lee Hoos rolled into one. It's time to sit down with Charlie and his agent and get sh!t down on paper. Apparently Charlie is still on £20k per week, whilst the highest earners are around the 40k mark. Contract expires next year. What would you do, what would you offer, what is realistic for both parties to agree to?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 13:07 - Sep 3 with 5808 viewsingeminate

3 yr contract
45k a week
1 mill promotion bonus
10 mill buy out clause if we are in prem at end of season
might even reduce this for championship to 6-7

Otherwise he goes for sweet FA in the Summer -

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 13:19 - Sep 3 with 5779 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm not sure I believe he is only on 20k a week to start with, think he would have gone for sure.

Why would he want to sign anything when he can just walk away and get a great deal for himself at the end of the season, the only benefits would be to the club.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 13:23 - Sep 3 with 5737 viewsjamois

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 13:19 - Sep 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm not sure I believe he is only on 20k a week to start with, think he would have gone for sure.

Why would he want to sign anything when he can just walk away and get a great deal for himself at the end of the season, the only benefits would be to the club.

But even assuming he's on a bit more than that, do you not think he'd still want a pay rise right now? Would you not want to sweeten him with something and hope he might let us tie him down to something for the benefit of the club? Maybe a buy-out clause?

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 13:26 - Sep 3 with 5727 viewsfakekerby

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 13:07 - Sep 3 by ingeminate

3 yr contract
45k a week
1 mill promotion bonus
10 mill buy out clause if we are in prem at end of season
might even reduce this for championship to 6-7

Otherwise he goes for sweet FA in the Summer -

Highest wage at the club within the new structure
Goals and promotion bonuses
10 mil release if we don't go up
25 mil release if we do
3 years seems sensible
Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 13:26 - Sep 3 with 5727 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 13:23 - Sep 3 by jamois

But even assuming he's on a bit more than that, do you not think he'd still want a pay rise right now? Would you not want to sweeten him with something and hope he might let us tie him down to something for the benefit of the club? Maybe a buy-out clause?

No

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 13:26 - Sep 3 with 5716 viewsjamois

How about £40k/wk, a big goals bonus and a regular saturday night happy ending on Tony's private jet in return for a 3 yr contract and a buy-out clause of £10m?

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 13:47 - Sep 3 with 5660 viewsQPR_Jim

I think the benefit for Austin would be job certainty in the event of an injury. If he were to get injured this season I'd guess the number of takers might not be that great in the summer.

I'd offer 45k as suggested by others and put in a release clause of 12m for Jan, if he stays to the end of the season I'd have it reduce it to 8m if we're still in the championship or stay at 12m if we're promoted.

If we get promoted and he wants to stay or we want to keep him we could always renegotiate at that stage.
Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 14:02 - Sep 3 with 5611 viewsPinnerPaul

That salary figure comes from a rubbish article by Paul Warburton.

Figures are obviously complete guesswork, tops it off by saying he may be offered a new contract, but that he may not sign it.

Tops of a brilliant piece of journalism by saying he may go in Jan or he may not!

Talk about covering all bases!
Login to get fewer ads

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 14:18 - Sep 3 with 5565 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 13:47 - Sep 3 by QPR_Jim

I think the benefit for Austin would be job certainty in the event of an injury. If he were to get injured this season I'd guess the number of takers might not be that great in the summer.

I'd offer 45k as suggested by others and put in a release clause of 12m for Jan, if he stays to the end of the season I'd have it reduce it to 8m if we're still in the championship or stay at 12m if we're promoted.

If we get promoted and he wants to stay or we want to keep him we could always renegotiate at that stage.

Why would he sign something that would limit him to only clubs that bid a transfer amount acceptable to the club, that's just daft when he can pick who he wants to deal with and pocket a few Million signing on fee.

We should just be thankful he is still here.

By all means talk to him, but I'm guessing they have already, but I just can not see him committing to anything at this moment in time.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 14:20]

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 14:18 - Sep 3 with 5564 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 14:02 - Sep 3 by PinnerPaul

That salary figure comes from a rubbish article by Paul Warburton.

Figures are obviously complete guesswork, tops it off by saying he may be offered a new contract, but that he may not sign it.

Tops of a brilliant piece of journalism by saying he may go in Jan or he may not!

Talk about covering all bases!

Yep

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 14:21 - Sep 3 with 5552 viewsisawqpratwcity

Honorary 'Soapy Shower Physio' for the QPR Ladies.
Promotional contract for the Austin Charlie when Corbyn nationalises British Leyland.
Allowed to call CR 'Benny'.
First right of refusal on all new barbecue, wall and toilet block jobs.
General Demi-God status.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 14:23 - Sep 3 with 5541 viewszicoshoops

Lee Hoos.
'We think we can put together a contract that will excite and satisfy all Parties.
What do you say Charlie?'

Sir Les.
'Sign the Ras Clart contact 'na man......Cha.'

Je Suis.
'Anyone got a pen?'
Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 14:32 - Sep 3 with 5513 viewsQPR_Jim

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 14:18 - Sep 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Why would he sign something that would limit him to only clubs that bid a transfer amount acceptable to the club, that's just daft when he can pick who he wants to deal with and pocket a few Million signing on fee.

We should just be thankful he is still here.

By all means talk to him, but I'm guessing they have already, but I just can not see him committing to anything at this moment in time.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 14:20]

Well if he goes out and plays our next game and comes off injured with a broken leg or God forbid knee ligament damage, how many clubs are going to be in for him. Not many. How many are going to offer him a contract in the region of 40k a week with his injury and previous failed medicals, probably none.

So it may be his best chance of securing his future.

On the orherhand if he lasts through another season and does well, which he looks like he will, putting any lingering doubts about his fitness to rest. Who's not going to pay 8m for a proven premiership goalscorer. He'd be able to speak to anyone willing to offer that amount so I'm sure he'd have a good few offers and still enough competition to drive up his wages and signing on fee.
Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 14:37 - Sep 3 with 5498 viewsAgedR

As has been previously mentioned, the prospect of guaranteed (increased) pay, irrespective of injury, could appeal to Charlie (if he does get injured between now and his contract end, he's going nowhere).

He may also be left with a nagging doubt that he might not get that much of a better deal elsewhere; in the final analysis no club was prepared to meet our asking price.

Also, is the scope for his agent creaming off the top increased or reduced by him running down his contract?

I think there is scope for a resign (maybe a one year to make things more attractive to him).

Either way, we can't really grumble as he certainly hasn't shat on us.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 14:37 - Sep 3 with 5497 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 14:32 - Sep 3 by QPR_Jim

Well if he goes out and plays our next game and comes off injured with a broken leg or God forbid knee ligament damage, how many clubs are going to be in for him. Not many. How many are going to offer him a contract in the region of 40k a week with his injury and previous failed medicals, probably none.

So it may be his best chance of securing his future.

On the orherhand if he lasts through another season and does well, which he looks like he will, putting any lingering doubts about his fitness to rest. Who's not going to pay 8m for a proven premiership goalscorer. He'd be able to speak to anyone willing to offer that amount so I'm sure he'd have a good few offers and still enough competition to drive up his wages and signing on fee.

So you believe he is only on 20K a week now ? because that's what some numnuts in a rag wrote.... Ok.......
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 14:38]

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 15:09 - Sep 3 with 5433 views2Thomas2Bowles

Anyway he is going to Arsenal on loan for £5M and £500k a goal.

Seen it on #makeitupasyougoalong.talkshit.net.mywordofhonourguv
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 15:13]

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 15:17 - Sep 3 with 5402 viewsQPR_Jim

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 14:37 - Sep 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

So you believe he is only on 20K a week now ? because that's what some numnuts in a rag wrote.... Ok.......

Where did I say I thought he's on 20k a year?

I'm just saying there won't be many high contract offers if he's injured this season given his failed medicals etc. He could find himself in a situation where the only offers are low basic pay with appearance bonuses or even pay when you play type deals.

Besides as stated previously 8m isn't going to put any club off that values his ability. Championship strikers are costing up to 12m these days before they've even featured in the premier league let alone banging in 18 goals in a season in the premier league.
Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 15:19 - Sep 3 with 5394 viewsDeepcutHoop

Exactly. In a few months time he will be able to start talking to anyone and everyone about a deal for next season.

The only benefit would be to the club. The benefits he could get in his negotiations far outweigh what we could offer him if he signs for us again sadly.
Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 15:24 - Sep 3 with 5378 viewsTW_R

Some of the numbers on here are just plain scary. Why would a Championship club offer anyone 45k a week. That's over £2 million a year or a round £9 million over a 4 year contract. That's a serious amount of wedge.

On the flip side, that's one reason why Charlie might want to sign a new deal with us.
Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 15:28 - Sep 3 with 5361 viewsKonk

£40kpw, a £20k gift voucher for the Chelsea Megastore, 20 minutes in a hot tub with John Terry, a van load of small plastic flags and the chance to be a mascot during a CL Group stage game at the Bridge.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 15:29 - Sep 3 with 5356 viewsQPR_Jim

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 15:24 - Sep 3 by TW_R

Some of the numbers on here are just plain scary. Why would a Championship club offer anyone 45k a week. That's over £2 million a year or a round £9 million over a 4 year contract. That's a serious amount of wedge.

On the flip side, that's one reason why Charlie might want to sign a new deal with us.

That's true, it's a lot for a championship club but we stand to lose a lot more if he goes on a free especially when you factor in the cost of a replacement.
Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 16:07 - Sep 3 with 5293 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 15:09 - Sep 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Anyway he is going to Arsenal on loan for £5M and £500k a goal.

Seen it on #makeitupasyougoalong.talkshit.net.mywordofhonourguv
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 15:13]

Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck is expected to be out until Christmas after having knee surgery
So now it's £10M loan and 750k per goal

#makeitupasyougoalong.talkshit.net.mywordofhonourguv

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 16:40 - Sep 3 with 5244 viewsderbyhoop

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 14:37 - Sep 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

£20K may not be that wide of the mark. Remember he signed for us when we were still in the Championship and he'd just failed Hull City's medical.

The average wage for a Premiership player before last season was £30-35K per week. Just because some players at the big 5 or 6 get stupid money, doesn't mean they all do.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 16:51 - Sep 3 with 5221 viewsQPR_Jim

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 16:40 - Sep 3 by derbyhoop

£20K may not be that wide of the mark. Remember he signed for us when we were still in the Championship and he'd just failed Hull City's medical.

The average wage for a Premiership player before last season was £30-35K per week. Just because some players at the big 5 or 6 get stupid money, doesn't mean they all do.

I wouldn't waste your breath he's talking to himself now.

#puttingahashtagattheendofapostmakesitfunny
Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 17:12 - Sep 3 with 5176 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sit down with Charlie - fantasy negotiations on 16:40 - Sep 3 by derbyhoop

What were we paying Barton, Green and a few others then.

I don't see how CA was getting much less, he may still be on Prem wages as a incentive to stay, I don't see him in a place were he is out of pocket.

Whatever deal he is on, the benefits to him to walk away free at the end of the season outweigh tying himself up with a new contract.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024