Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground 15:36 - Sep 3 with 5757 viewssimmo

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/stamford-bridge-expansion-c

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 15:46 - Sep 3 with 4271 viewsNorthernr

Fck I hope the end up with that. Amazing. Super Sunday, Chelsea v Stoke, live from the Lamb Tagine.
Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 15:52 - Sep 3 with 4227 viewshopphoops

I've got to say i like it, but mainly because it's not a huge shiny blue box. It has some thing of the timeless elegance of DB-02:

[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 15:54]

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 15:53 - Sep 3 with 4203 viewstoboboly

Amazingly foul.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 15:54 - Sep 3 with 4188 viewskingsburyR

Are they making it out of lolly pop sticks?????

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 15:57 - Sep 3 with 4157 viewswhittocksRs

'The Lampshade'
Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 16:03 - Sep 3 with 4120 viewsGloucs_R

At least they are getting a new ground.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 16:12 - Sep 3 with 4079 viewsheadhoops

'The cathedral of sport'

more like the catacombs of kuntishness.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 16:16 - Sep 3 with 4049 viewsKonk

A Barbican/coliseum mash-up. Going from a stadium that looks like an out of town shopping centre to that effort. Chelsea class.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 16:24 - Sep 3 with 4009 viewsElHoop

What's Postman Pat doing in that house at the front? Is he a scummer?
Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 16:28 - Sep 3 with 3976 viewsJamie

In fairness to them they have a very limited and rather difficulty shaped plot to redevelop.

Prefer the lollipop skins to the condomesque claddings like the Allianz arena.

On a related note, I see that within the Etihad redevelopment, they are cladding the stadium in LED panels so they can light up the stadium in blue for match days and project images of Aguero/Silva etc on the side.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 16:33]
Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 16:41 - Sep 3 with 3906 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

It looks like a prison complex, horrible.
Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 16:59 - Sep 3 with 3826 viewstoboboly

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 16:03 - Sep 3 by Gloucs_R

At least they are getting a new ground.

So critical and negative. Shocking....

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 17:03 - Sep 3 with 3814 viewsTacticalR

Strange. A cross between an extinct volcano and Feyenoord's De Kuip stadium.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Kuip

If they had built the stadium within Battersea Power Station it would have been an even bigger eyesore.

Air hostess clique

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 17:04 - Sep 3 with 3806 viewsHAYESBOY

I hope they go for that. It looks like a hippy's flange.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 17:15 - Sep 3 with 3753 viewsDWQPR

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 15:57 - Sep 3 by whittocksRs

'The Lampshade'

Agree, and a really sh1t one at that only found hanging from the ceiling of chavs. Now if I was the architect designing the stadium I would look to pay homage to Chelsea supporters and design it on the basis of one of these

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 17:36 - Sep 3 with 3658 viewsTheBlob

Looks like Soviet Industrial.
Or a mad parrot cage for mad,demented psittacoids.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 18:29 - Sep 3 with 3495 viewsDorse

Just when you think you're running out of reasons to mock them. If they get it sponsored Anusol, that would be perfect.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 18:40 - Sep 3 with 3460 viewsFredManRave

The first trophy they'll be winning at that stadium will be the Carbunkle Cup.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-34116610

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 19:21 - Sep 3 with 3354 viewsdanehoop

Just think, while they start to build this homage to a cheap Ikea Joxtorp lampshade

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/10804/

They will need a ground to share whilst all this work goes on. I think we should happily volunteer Loftus Road. £1m a game. Its a bargain.

Never knowingly understood

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 19:31 - Sep 3 with 3328 viewsnadera78

I still don't see how they think they'll get this passed by the council. They had the devil's own job getting their current capacity - the local residents fought it for years and H&F Council were very reluctant to give way. But adding another 20,000 people on that foot print?
Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 23:26 - Sep 3 with 2990 viewsstowmarketrange

Hopefully it will be named the john Teary stadium and it will collapse in a heap when it rains.
Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 08:21 - Sep 4 with 2867 viewsLancashirehoop

It reminded me a little of a cross between Logan's Run and something off minecraft.

Logan's Run......mmmmmmmmmmmm....Jenny Aguter.

Sorry, what was the question ?

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 08:43 - Sep 4 with 2830 viewsA40Bosh

I fully expected ahead of opening this thread that no matter what it looked like, because of whose ground it is there would be mass slaughtering of it.

But

FOOOOOK ME THAT'S RANK.

It looks like a cowpat or as someone else said an extinct volcano.

Someone mentioned Logan's run and all through the photo's I had this feeling that it reminded me of some dystopian film or video - I can imagine all the hammers from The Wall marching across the concrete or Winston Smith being followed by a camera as he walked along the brick viaduct in to the brick temple of doom.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 10:36 - Sep 4 with 2745 viewsJuzzie

Looks like the framework of a Yurt (tent) from Kyrgyzstan.

Looks horrible - and nothing like a football ground on 10:49 - Sep 4 with 2709 viewsLewes_r

I like it

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024