Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Got a bit of work for ya!" 17:48 - Sep 3 with 4127 viewsWilloW4

Here I am in sunny west London, with my oppo Dave, we get a result ..(we're painter/decorators who have no idea about Chief or Aston villa inpending transfers.).. We get a contract for 9 warehouses to make good.. All straight forward, just 2/3 coats of white emulsion.. Walls and ceilings.. It's gotta be night work but we'll pay a fair wack..so, we ask six lads in the pub.." Fancy a few nights work"... They're all British/Irish... After we told them the hours and wages..( very decent dough for what they're doing..), only ONE said.." Yes .!".. These are blokes who are fit and capable ,The excuses for not doing it ranged from bad back to my mums sick. ! Lazy horrible knuts I say, their mothers must be proud of them..
"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 19:26 - Sep 3 with 3110 viewsJohnnyByrnesmullet

I'm looking foe work at the moment pal, what's the deal?
"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 20:01 - Sep 3 with 3044 viewsWilloW4

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 19:26 - Sep 3 by JohnnyByrnesmullet

I'm looking foe work at the moment pal, what's the deal?

Pm me .
"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 21:01 - Sep 3 with 2900 viewsessextaxiboy

Its the same with some cab drivers , if they have enough for beer money they dont want to do any more until they are skint again .

When I started I was told to keep pushing even when I had earnt enough ready for the dead times .
"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 21:29 - Sep 3 with 2851 viewsWilloW4

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 21:01 - Sep 3 by essextaxiboy

Its the same with some cab drivers , if they have enough for beer money they dont want to do any more until they are skint again .

When I started I was told to keep pushing even when I had earnt enough ready for the dead times .

I get your point Essex, the 'dead times' are always there if your'e self employed... The blokes ( and a lady) we asked if they wanted to work basically said no , but to let them know when theyre skint again..( ie: next Tuesday).. We won't ask them again... As a footnote, my mate advertised the job... 280 replys in 12 minutes..wonder how many Brits/Londoners have responded? Needless to say the job will get done .
"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 21:33 - Sep 3 with 2837 viewsLblock

Sickening isn't it?

I can't wait to get out of the game myself and one of the factors is I'm finding it increasingly difficult to have conversations with people on site in the Queens English
It's a fallacy that the East Europeans work hard for cheaper pay. Yes, some undoubtably do, but I've found most of them aggressive, dodgy given half a chance, totally unqualified chancers and on the odd occasion downright violent (and quite a few very racist)

So where are the indigenous construction workers, especially early 20's?!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 21:43 - Sep 3 with 2789 viewswombat

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 21:33 - Sep 3 by Lblock

Sickening isn't it?

I can't wait to get out of the game myself and one of the factors is I'm finding it increasingly difficult to have conversations with people on site in the Queens English
It's a fallacy that the East Europeans work hard for cheaper pay. Yes, some undoubtably do, but I've found most of them aggressive, dodgy given half a chance, totally unqualified chancers and on the odd occasion downright violent (and quite a few very racist)

I run a branch of a construction recruitment agency , very busy but try getting a British guy in site and your lucky if one in five turn up On a Monday , these are skilled jobs , plant operators mostly good money Good hours , English guys mostly can't be bothered the Monday Club is always busy in the summer time , couple of guys have buried there grandmother at least five times this year.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 21:46 - Sep 3 with 2775 viewsted_hendrix

Sickening isn't it?

I use loads of them East Europeans, I find that the Bulgarians are the best especially when working at heights, all qualified and trained for working at heights (cladding etcetera) as a matter of fact I'd recommend a fair few of the gangs I've worked with and Managed over the Years.
I've got no problem using anybody race/colour creed, and no the East Europeans aint cheap but strewth they do work.
Russian carpenters that we occasionally use are superb and reliable.
Speak as you find I always say.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 21:46 - Sep 3 with 2769 viewsWilloW4

Sickening isn't it?

Yes it is Lblock... Most of them are aggressive , all would be dodgy if they knew how ( most of them do).. On a regular occasion downright violent... And, this is a fact, on London building sites.. They are not just racist but unbeliveably Facist..they have a huge dislike for all things London/English.... But we're not allowed to mention anything cos the BBC local news will have a go at us..oh well, "this time next year...".......and all that.
Login to get fewer ads

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 21:59 - Sep 3 with 2713 viewsWilloW4

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 21:43 - Sep 3 by wombat

I run a branch of a construction recruitment agency , very busy but try getting a British guy in site and your lucky if one in five turn up On a Monday , these are skilled jobs , plant operators mostly good money Good hours , English guys mostly can't be bothered the Monday Club is always busy in the summer time , couple of guys have buried there grandmother at least five times this year.

I get your points wombat... In recent ( re, last 25 years,) the English have a terrible reputation in the building game...I knew a bloke who must have had 40 plus grandparents.. He'd say anything so he didn't have to work... He was a horrible lazy Knut . On a brighter note, three of the hardest working , nicest blokes I've ever worked for/ with are /were QPR fans....so, every cloud n all that.
"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 22:13 - Sep 3 with 2668 viewsLblock

The hardest working, honest, most decent and thoroughly excellent at his job plasterer / bricklayer and general all-rounder I've had the pleasure to work with is one of Ladbroke Grove's own.
One of yer originals, cockney Irish, calls it as it is, respectful and can see problems way in advance of them happening

A lapsed QPR man but re-attending now on the very rare occasion with his Grand kids.

If I had 5 like this man I'd be a millionaire as a minimum

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 22:52 - Sep 3 with 2573 viewsted_hendrix

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 21:43 - Sep 3 by wombat

Will, I'm getting an e-mail every other day from agency's looking to place trades of all descriptions , the day rates for site engineers is a 'fck me-how much?'
We'll have a chat when I next see you mate.

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 22:54 - Sep 3 with 2566 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What I'm mostly getting from this post is that the English are shit and the Eastern Europeans are shit.

You havn't mentioned the citizens of East Timor as being a bit dodgy. I'll give their embassy a ring when I need my living room done.
(No subject) on 23:28 - Sep 3 with 2490 viewswombat

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 22:52 - Sep 3 by ted_hendrix

Will, I'm getting an e-mail every other day from agency's looking to place trades of all descriptions , the day rates for site engineers is a 'fck me-how much?'
We'll have a chat when I next see you mate.

White collar guys are writing there own day rates ted, seriously mad money wanted there just isn't enough guys around to do the work , on the other side of the coin is the company's still living in the 80s on what they reckon they can get guys for a day. I'm lucky I'm in a position to turn away companies who I DONT want to supply now , either down to bad payers or just downright dangerous mate , some scary stuff still being done on site you wouldn't believe recently.

If you are a half decent brick layer at the moment you can earn 80/100k. A year
Sparks 50/60k. Year
Chippies similar money

Not enough to kids being put into appretiships now so no choice but to use lads from abroad , they turn up get the same money a English guy would and want to work .

I think I'm one of the few who actually give a sh!t that the guys get paid when they are supposed to each week shame the companies we supply don't always think the same and send the guys t sheets over a day later if they can
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 23:33]

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 23:37 - Sep 3 with 2471 viewsPunteR

I'm a self employed chippy,50% of my work is on construction sites.
Very rarely do you get young English lads prepared to pick up a broom or carry 100 sheets of plasterboard up to the first floor.
Kids have gone a bit soft or expect good money straight away.
As for the eastern European lads,most in my experience are good workers but sometimes slightly unorthodox in how they do a job.
I don't use Agency's anymore,all my work is recommendations or guys I know.
There's plenty work out there atm if you want it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

(No subject) on 23:44 - Sep 3 with 2459 viewsted_hendrix

(No subject) on 23:28 - Sep 3 by wombat

White collar guys are writing there own day rates ted, seriously mad money wanted there just isn't enough guys around to do the work , on the other side of the coin is the company's still living in the 80s on what they reckon they can get guys for a day. I'm lucky I'm in a position to turn away companies who I DONT want to supply now , either down to bad payers or just downright dangerous mate , some scary stuff still being done on site you wouldn't believe recently.

Sparks 50/60k. Year
Chippies similar money

Not enough to kids being put into appretiships now so no choice but to use lads from abroad , they turn up get the same money a English guy would and want to work .

I think I'm one of the few who actually give a sh!t that the guys get paid when they are supposed to each week shame the companies we supply don't always think the same and send the guys t sheets over a day later if they can

You know who I work for Will, we run apprenticeship schemes for all trades and we put our young site staff through college at an early stage.

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 23:45 - Sep 3 with 2455 viewswombat

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 23:37 - Sep 3 by PunteR

I'm a self employed chippy,50% of my work is on construction sites.
Very rarely do you get young English lads prepared to pick up a broom or carry 100 sheets of plasterboard up to the first floor.
Kids have gone a bit soft or expect good money straight away.
As for the eastern European lads,most in my experience are good workers but sometimes slightly unorthodox in how they do a job.
I don't use Agency's anymore,all my work is recommendations or guys I know.
There's plenty work out there atm if you want it.

We use a simple rule of thumb at work , Ida company rings mid weeks looking for labour we simply say I'll have a look for you but if they are any good they are working , if you have a skill/ trade and you are sitting on your backside on a weds afternoon you are either
1. Lazy
2, unreliable
3. Can't be arsed

We fill 90% of our jobs Thursday because if you leave it to Friday your scraping the bottom of a very crappy barrell for lads

After 4pm Friday I just say no as you can be certain the guy come Monday morning will be burying his gran for the 15th time that year

(No subject) on 23:59 - Sep 3 with 2431 viewsPunteR

(No subject) on 23:28 - Sep 3 by wombat

Sparks 50/60k. Year
Chippies similar money

Your paying chippys £250 p/d ??
What are the hours?

(No subject) on 00:08 - Sep 4 with 2416 viewswombat

(No subject) on 23:59 - Sep 3 by PunteR

Your paying chippys £250 p/d ??
What are the hours?

Not me mate not my bag but know lads which are grabbing 20+ hr getting 6/7 days shop fitting
Pm me and I'll get you on the books same for any lads looking for regular work as long as you have Cpcs card /Cpcs card for plant work cranes diggers etc

(No subject) on 00:23 - Sep 4 with 2393 viewsPunteR

(No subject) on 00:08 - Sep 4 by wombat

Not me mate not my bag but know lads which are grabbing 20+ hr getting 6/7 days shop fitting
Pm me and I'll get you on the books same for any lads looking for regular work as long as you have Cpcs card /Cpcs card for plant work cranes diggers etc

I've just renewed cscs card. I'm busy at the moment but I'll pm you some details over later. Wont hurt to be put on the system will it mate.
1st/2nd fix
110v tools
Van
English but fluent in polish swear words.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 0:30]

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 00:41 - Sep 4 with 2363 viewsWilloW4

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 20:01 - Sep 3 by WilloW4

Pm me .

Tried to read your message Johnny on pm.. If you're local for work , try to pm again with your number and I'll get back to you. Cheers.
"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 04:08 - Sep 4 with 2274 viewsWilloW4

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 23:45 - Sep 3 by wombat

We use a simple rule of thumb at work , Ida company rings mid weeks looking for labour we simply say I'll have a look for you but if they are any good they are working , if you have a skill/ trade and you are sitting on your backside on a weds afternoon you are either
1. Lazy
2, unreliable
3. Can't be arsed

We fill 90% of our jobs Thursday because if you leave it to Friday your scraping the bottom of a very crappy barrell for lads

After 4pm Friday I just say no as you can be certain the guy come Monday morning will be burying his gran for the 15th time that year

Lazy... Unreliable. Can't be arsed........ Welcome to west London.!
"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 07:28 - Sep 4 with 2159 viewsTacticalR

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 22:54 - Sep 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

What I'm mostly getting from this post is that the English are shit and the Eastern Europeans are shit.

You havn't mentioned the citizens of East Timor as being a bit dodgy. I'll give their embassy a ring when I need my living room done.

When it comes to the deficiencies of labour they are great internationalists.

Air hostess clique

(No subject) on 08:27 - Sep 4 with 2123 viewsDiscodroids

we've got plenty of Eastern Europeans on Our books of the probation service.

They show a real aptitude to not only carry on the fine works of the indigenous peoples of canning town, custom house, stratford that once made up my case load, but develope it, Nurture it , and take to to brave new frontiers. True Pioneers in some cases.

Hope this Helps the thread.Its gong the same way as The Kayne west Thread.

Only on LFW.

(' got a bit of work for ya' in Essex translates as' got a bit of gear/ charlie for ya ')
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 9:46]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 10:50 - Sep 4 with 2009 viewsDorse

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 04:08 - Sep 4 by WilloW4

... Said Mr T Fernandes of Loftus Road

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 13:04 - Sep 4 with 1909 viewswgchoop

"Got a bit of work for ya!" on 04:08 - Sep 4 by WilloW4

Was that the sign above the dressing room at LR welcoming mark Hughes new signings ???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024