Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Independent austin 07:30 - Sep 4 with 3399 viewsenfieldargh

Good article on charlie in today's independent. Well worth a read

No time to find a link thingy.

On the same page article on Derby county 20 million plus splurge to get their slippery little hands on the prem pot of gold, I say slippery, like keough feet.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Independent austin on 07:49 - Sep 4 with 3347 viewsWeaverQPR

Austin Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3221638/Charlie-Austin-makes-v

@WeavQPR

Independent austin on 08:01 - Sep 4 with 3309 viewsFearless

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/charlie-austin-queen
Independent austin on 08:20 - Sep 4 with 3230 viewsToast_R

Well done Chaz.

Hopefully he can fire QPR back to the Premier League, sign a good contract and help the club stay there.
Independent austin on 08:47 - Sep 4 with 3139 viewsJonDoeman

"There is no question of that with QPR and a support with whom he said he bonded with “from the start”

-------------------
Top lad .

It Is What It Is !!

Independent austin on 08:51 - Sep 4 with 3120 viewsJonDoeman

Berahino should have a read .

It Is What It Is !!

Independent Austin on 09:10 - Sep 4 with 3061 viewsPinnerPaul

Haven't read Independent yet but in the Mail he says that he put in a transfer request at Swindon and club and fans turned against him and wasn't sure if his team mates were that impressed either.

Said it was a big mistake and therefore didn't want to repeat that.

Interesting that after Charlton game he was ready to quit and go for PL, now it seems he's happy to wait for the right deal "for him and his family"

Lets enjoy him while we still can!
Independent austin on 10:19 - Sep 4 with 2914 viewsAntti_Heinola

Won't read the Mail one, but the Indy one is great.
We're lucky to have him.

Bare bones.

Independent austin on 10:27 - Sep 4 with 2882 viewsTacticalR

That boy's got his head on straight.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Independent austin on 11:01 - Sep 4 with 2788 viewsLewes_r

Good article (didn't read the mail one) It did suggest that he will leave 100% by next summer? for an established prem club even if we were promoted.. so hopefully he can do the biz this year for us then

top bloke
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 11:02]

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Independent austin on 11:19 - Sep 4 with 2733 views2Thomas2Bowles

I just have a feeling he already has a club in mind, waiting till the end of his contract will simplify any move.

We can all look for reasons for him to stay with us, if we should get promoted and reasons why going to another clubs has it's risks.

Foremost from the interviews I've seen, he wants to play and not sit on benches , it may be our only (very small) hope of us hanging on to him.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Independent austin on 12:35 - Sep 4 with 2595 viewswhittocksRs

Great to read wise words from such a young guy.
Independent austin on 13:19 - Sep 4 with 2496 viewsItalianR

Independent austin on 12:35 - Sep 4 by whittocksRs

Great to read wise words from such a young guy.

The two articles are identical, with the same points made in the same order, with some quotes just copy-pasted and with pictures of Charlie wearing the same (ugly) shirt!!! How does it work in modern journalism, do you arrange a group interview or is one of the two journos about to get the boot for blatant plagiarism?
Independent austin on 13:22 - Sep 4 with 2483 viewsAntti_Heinola

Independent austin on 11:01 - Sep 4 by Lewes_r

Good article (didn't read the mail one) It did suggest that he will leave 100% by next summer? for an established prem club even if we were promoted.. so hopefully he can do the biz this year for us then

top bloke
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 11:02]

Of course if we go up and a decent side doesn't come in for him - guess we're talking top 6 or top 8, he could always get a juicy signing on fee from us to stay. You never know.

Bare bones.

Independent austin on 13:25 - Sep 4 with 2474 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

CYNICAL POST WARNING:

Great article and love Chaz, but fans of Burnley and Swindon have different opinions of him.......
Independent austin on 14:50 - Sep 4 with 2365 viewswhittocksRs

Independent austin on 13:19 - Sep 4 by ItalianR

The two articles are identical, with the same points made in the same order, with some quotes just copy-pasted and with pictures of Charlie wearing the same (ugly) shirt!!! How does it work in modern journalism, do you arrange a group interview or is one of the two journos about to get the boot for blatant plagiarism?

Chances are he invited along a couple of relatively friendly journalists and did a round-table, complete with photographers. It's a sensible PR exercise that's telling everyone he's committed to the QPR cause this season, and it's certainly come across that way. Even the bit about him turning up a bit late because his horse was running is orchestrated by his team.
Independent austin on 16:19 - Sep 4 with 2261 viewsDejR_vu

Football fans are easily pleased.

Don't get me wrong, I like CA, and in the cesspit that is 21st century football, he seems decent. But, at the end of the day all he's doing is honouring a contract that he willingly signed, that, I suspect, will earn him over £1m, because nothing better came along. He's as good as said he will want a move at the end of the season regardless of the league we're in, and being a free agent he will probably make even more from the move than he would have made now. Hardly a great hardship, couldn't really lose either way could he?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Independent austin on 17:45 - Sep 4 with 2168 viewsVancouverHoop

He could get injured.

Minor injuries, would curtail his production, a major one his career. In those cases a bigger contract in the past window would have been better financially for him.

Also he'll be a year older. His age probably works against him already, it certainly reduces his potential sell on value after his next contract.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 17:46]
Independent austin on 18:23 - Sep 4 with 2113 viewsAntti_Heinola

Independent austin on 16:19 - Sep 4 by DejR_vu

Football fans are easily pleased.

Don't get me wrong, I like CA, and in the cesspit that is 21st century football, he seems decent. But, at the end of the day all he's doing is honouring a contract that he willingly signed, that, I suspect, will earn him over £1m, because nothing better came along. He's as good as said he will want a move at the end of the season regardless of the league we're in, and being a free agent he will probably make even more from the move than he would have made now. Hardly a great hardship, couldn't really lose either way could he?

Except had he taken the bump in pay offered, he'd be earning that £1m extra over the year fairly comfortably.

Football fans are easily pleased? Have you been reading this board much lately? Or spoken to any football fan, ever?

Bare bones.

Independent austin on 18:31 - Sep 4 with 2094 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Independent austin on 18:23 - Sep 4 by Antti_Heinola

Except had he taken the bump in pay offered, he'd be earning that £1m extra over the year fairly comfortably.

Football fans are easily pleased? Have you been reading this board much lately? Or spoken to any football fan, ever?

Football fans are prone to hero worship but are definitely not easily pleased!

As DeJa R said, compared to the football cesspool he is great, but really he's only doing what me you and the rest of us are doing and fulfilling a employment contract he is legally obliged to. He does it well though.
Independent austin on 19:04 - Sep 4 with 2044 viewsDejR_vu

Independent austin on 18:23 - Sep 4 by Antti_Heinola

No, I've never, in my entire life, spoken to a football fan, so you must be right.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Independent austin on 23:58 - Sep 4 with 1859 viewsPunteR

Of course its PR.. He's still a top lad at QPR though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024