Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Migrant/Refugee crisis 11:04 - Sep 4 with 56011 viewsDeano19766

Just a thought on this subject which is all over the news saying we are a disgrace and should do more to help -

Oxford English Dictionary definition of Refugee - "A person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster". So when a person flees their country for those reasons they are a refugee (and that is of course a terrible thing to happen to anyone and is yet another sad fact about humanity as a species). However, it could (and should) then be implied that once a 'refugee' passes through a 'safe' country then (s)he is no longer a refugee but a migrant, and most likely a migrant for economic reasons. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but all this rhetoric about taking in 'refugees' is completely misguided or a (deliberate?) misinterpretation of the facts IMO. If people wish to show their support for accommodating these people then that is of course their prerogative, but they should at least be clear that that they support accommodating 'economic migrants' as opposed to 'refugees' (although that would be far less sensationalist and may not suit their agenda).
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:00 - Sep 5 with 3303 viewsHollowayRanger

they are now moving on into Austria and heading for Vienna

I going frigging Vienna next month

guess I can give them directions for Calais

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:07 - Sep 5 with 3266 viewsTheBlob

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 23:54 - Sep 4 by zicoshoops

Hands up, unfortunately we have created much of the madness that has happened in the Middle East in the past few hundred years.

But..........the Country/Nation that should have the finger of blame pointed squarely at them, once again ducks under the radar.
A country that if it had no wealth would be treated and commented on worse then North Korea.

Step forward Saudi Arabia.
They created, armed and funded ISIS.
And now they are shit scared of them, they have created a monster they thought they could control
We in the West, knowing what they have done, have turned a blind eye, and taken Billions of their Oil wealth in the form of defence weapons, aircraft and the rest.
Our leaders haven't quite lowered their trousers and bent over a table for them......but we're not far off.

The Saudi's thought that by setting in motion events that would de-stable Syria, Iraq, and northern parts of the Middle East, eventually they would reach the Country that they both hate and fear......... (Shia)Iran.
But it hasn't worked.

I wonder if Israel and Iran have heard of the saying.....
'My enemy's enemy is my friend.'
Because then the game really would be up for those corrupt fvckers in Saudi.

P.S.
'Exiled Dictator.'.............Be interested to hear your thoughts re Iran and Saudi Arabia.

P.P.S.
What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 23:56]

Saudi funded Isis?
Wake up and smell the cawfee.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:17 - Sep 5 with 3246 viewsHayesender

There's gratitude for ya

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:18 - Sep 5 with 3243 viewsDorse

Just to calm things down, why doesn't Israel offer to rehouse the refugees in the West Bank...?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:48 - Sep 5 with 3190 viewsSnipper

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:17 - Sep 5 by Hayesender

There's gratitude for ya

Kunts.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:58 - Sep 5 with 3178 viewsjohnhoop

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:48 - Sep 5 by Snipper

Kunts.

Yep, the papers and TV are full of the tragedy of the poor little boys who died at sea in order to play on the heartstrings (and I am in no way denying that it was a tragedy). But what they conveniently fail to mention is that the overwhelming majority of migrants, just like the ones at Calais, are people like the ones in that video.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 13:12 - Sep 5 with 3149 viewsClive_Anderson

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:58 - Sep 5 by johnhoop

Yep, the papers and TV are full of the tragedy of the poor little boys who died at sea in order to play on the heartstrings (and I am in no way denying that it was a tragedy). But what they conveniently fail to mention is that the overwhelming majority of migrants, just like the ones at Calais, are people like the ones in that video.

Not only that, but the boys family has been living in Istanbul for years with a visa under no danger whatsoever. But it's all our fault apparently.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 13:38 - Sep 5 with 3125 viewszicoshoops

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:07 - Sep 5 by TheBlob

Saudi funded Isis?
Wake up and smell the cawfee.

We're going to have to agree to disagree Blob.
All fingers point towards the corrupt Kingdom.
Aided and assisted by their fun loving mates........Qatar and Bahrain.
The Saudi's don't even consider the Shia as True Muslims.
They have funded the Sunni led groups for quite some time........Isis being the latest creation.

The irony being that Isis have now declared Saudi an enemy.
A lesson for us all in there somewhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:00 - Sep 5 with 3089 viewsHollowayRanger

There's gratitude for ya

yep they will be a credit to society

cant stand how soft this country has become

we should be helping genuine refugee familys ONLY not gangs off men who will come here Uk?europe

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/poles-top-foreign-inmate-list-3463695

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:09 - Sep 5 with 3069 viewsRangersDave

Anyone notice that its not the man in the street saying anything for them coming, only the glad handing papers, tv and lefties. lol

Whats the betting that 95% of them wont go back if all the trouble is got rid quickly?
nah, they will stay, legally or otherwise.

In fact illegally, throughout europe as Hungary caved in and should have held their ground over checking each and every one in, so they had a record of who to combine with finger prints / photo etc.

Now it could literally be terrorosts entering among the masses freely and easily.
Tell a newspaper or sky you nearly died and your best buds for a week or 2.

pee's me off. yes i have a humane side, but for gods sake this will and soon, end in tears!
but who for? us or them?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:26 - Sep 5 with 3013 viewsDiscodroids

Right lads, Get on your finest billowing long sleeve white shirt then chase an opium eight ball, shag your own sister to get In lord Byron mode.

then simply write a poem Emma Thompson Style for the BBC , And the Sergio Tacchini clad Migrants can Sustain themselves on the self indulgent ,smug fuk pot musings While we take a trip to An undercover antique market for a tiffany lamp for the granny flat .

[Post edited 5 Sep 2015 14:28]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:35 - Sep 5 with 3007 viewsClive_Anderson

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:26 - Sep 5 by Discodroids

Right lads, Get on your finest billowing long sleeve white shirt then chase an opium eight ball, shag your own sister to get In lord Byron mode.

then simply write a poem Emma Thompson Style for the BBC , And the Sergio Tacchini clad Migrants can Sustain themselves on the self indulgent ,smug fuk pot musings While we take a trip to An undercover antique market for a tiffany lamp for the granny flat .

[Post edited 5 Sep 2015 14:28]

I'm sick of these vacant hand-wringing lefty luvvies telling us what to do like any of this shit will effect them as they jet off to their posh white suburbs.

What does the thick cow think will happen if we open our doors to more people who show up on boats? Does she really think it will discourage others from making the trip from the already safe countries that they are in and prevent future drownings? There is absolutely zero logic in anything these people say and yet they are the ones who are being pandered to.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:39 - Sep 5 with 2985 viewsDiscodroids

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:35 - Sep 5 by Clive_Anderson

I'm sick of these vacant hand-wringing lefty luvvies telling us what to do like any of this shit will effect them as they jet off to their posh white suburbs.

What does the thick cow think will happen if we open our doors to more people who show up on boats? Does she really think it will discourage others from making the trip from the already safe countries that they are in and prevent future drownings? There is absolutely zero logic in anything these people say and yet they are the ones who are being pandered to.

she'd shit herself if she walked through upton park. Thats if there's anything left of her arsehole to shit through after a jaunt at queens road Market.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:45 - Sep 5 with 2982 viewsClive_Anderson

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:39 - Sep 5 by Discodroids

she'd shit herself if she walked through upton park. Thats if there's anything left of her arsehole to shit through after a jaunt at queens road Market.

These kunts are happy to chuck the poorer British people under a bus as long as they get to look virtuous on the telly. All whilst telling themselves what good people they are.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 16:35 - Sep 5 with 2879 viewsJAPRANGERS

I fear for friends and family in the UK quite frankly. Unrest and rioting, law and order breaking down is well nigh inevitable. Just a matter of when.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 16:50 - Sep 5 with 2856 viewsjohncharles

There's gratitude for ya

There you go Emma, these have been assigned to you. Better clean out the spare bedroom.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2015 16:52]

Strong and stable my arse.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 16:55 - Sep 5 with 2843 viewsjohncharles

There's gratitude for ya

Dear Mr Cameron,
Now you have all these charmers on camera, can rely on you to make sure that none of them make it to Britain.

Strong and stable my arse.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:00 - Sep 5 with 2827 viewsDeepcutHoop

I only claimed asylum on this forum to avoid this kind of bile-filled ranting on the WATRB forum.

Don't tell me I have to become a messageboard migrant again...

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:07 - Sep 5 with 2816 viewsQPR_John

There's gratitude for ya

We cannot get close enough to Emma Thompson and other like minded individuals to ask what they think of those in the video. Those that are supposed to ask on our behalf, the media and especially the BBC, don't want too.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:11 - Sep 5 with 2805 viewsAndyB

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:00 - Sep 5 by DeepcutHoop

I only claimed asylum on this forum to avoid this kind of bile-filled ranting on the WATRB forum.

Sad isn't it?
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:15 - Sep 5 with 2778 viewsAndyB

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:00 - Sep 5 by HollowayRanger

they are now moving on into Austria and heading for Vienna

I going frigging Vienna next month

guess I can give them directions for Calais

That's awful Holloway.
I do hope they sort all this kerfuffle out before you go.

I can't imagine the angst and stress you must be going through at this difficult time.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:18 - Sep 5 with 2764 viewsHayesender

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:00 - Sep 5 by DeepcutHoop

It's called a difference of opinion mate.

As long as we don't get all personal and hoping other posters children get cancer again, it's all healthy fun.

Chill fella

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:27 - Sep 5 with 2731 viewsDeepcutHoop

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:18 - Sep 5 by Hayesender

It's called a difference of opinion mate.

As long as we don't get all personal and hoping other posters children get cancer again, it's all healthy fun.

Chill fella

Perfectly relaxed. Hence the attempt at a joke of sorts.

Sick of the nasty edge to these discussions on the other place, shame that it doesn't seem to be any different in here at the moment.

Difference is it's unusual on here, rather the inevitable end result of any off-topic thread over there
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:57 - Sep 5 with 2690 viewsHadders

This crisis is a complex mess, but surely we can all agree that this is very moving.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34162844
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 18:07 - Sep 5 with 2660 viewsJigsore

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:15 - Sep 5 by AndyB

That's awful Holloway.
I do hope they sort all this kerfuffle out before you go.

I can't imagine the angst and stress you must be going through at this difficult time.

#prayforholloway

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024