Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does Fer fit in? 12:24 - Sep 4 with 6144 viewsDando

With Luongo impressing so far, especially further forward in the side - how does Fer slot in when hes back? Of course he needs to fight his way into the side, but i think its clear that if hes played in an advanced role, in a central position - he is class. Surely he cant be benched, but then again how can you drop Luongo either?

Never seen this Angella guy play before, but sounds like a certain starter a well. Hall however has really boosted our defence and would be difficult to drop him either.

Some big decisions for Ramsay to make!
Where does Fer fit in? on 16:49 - Sep 4 with 2333 viewscyprusmel

Where does Fer fit in? on 13:01 - Sep 4 by JonDoeman

Hope Fer is up for it, & doesn't just bide his time avoiding injury till he can fck off in January.

I think he's got to be up for it Jon, he was knocked back by Sunderland regarding his medical and if he want's a move away in January he's got to prove to everyone that he's fit and worth buying.
Where does Fer fit in? on 17:23 - Sep 4 with 2286 viewsbarbicanranger

I guess the answer is that all of the players, if used properly (and Ramsey seems intent on doing this), will be used at certain points during the season based on fitness, freshness, form, etc and rotated accordingly to achieve the optimum formation for each game. From what I have seen Mass prefers to be in the advanced role as well but the good thing about Fer, Mass, Mackie, Chery, JET - they can all play a range of positions. If you're playing a side with a soft midfield then why the hell not throw the full attacking artillery at them and scrap the faurlin / tozer holding type player.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 17:23]
Where does Fer fit in? on 19:20 - Sep 4 with 2207 viewsTacticalR

Quite hard to answer as there is a question mark over him.

On the whole I have defended Fer, because he was one of our most creative players last season. Unfortunately, just when he was coming into his own last season he got injured against Sunderland, and since then he's failed his medical.

As others have pointed out, everything pointed to him not being keen on playing in the Championship. Perhaps as other key Premiership players have stayed he will settle in ok.

Air hostess clique

Where does Fer fit in? on 21:51 - Sep 4 with 2118 viewsDylanP

Where does Fer fit in? on 13:25 - Sep 4 by Antti_Heinola

Agree, Luongo could drop back or Fer could possibly play that more defensive role too, as long as Toszer/Faurlin/Doughty/Henry covers.

No way! Playing Luongo in a defensive role would be insane. Loungo has proved himself as a real breath of fresh air and we shouldn't be messing with a successful formula.

Fer should start on the bench and come on after 60 minutes if a change is needed. Fer had a couple of good games towards last season, but let's not forget that he spent most of the year wandering around aimlessly.

Whatsmore, we already have four defensive midfielders and there is no reason to add. Faurlin and Henry have the job at the moment with Tosczer and Doughty as their replacements.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Where does Fer fit in? on 23:57 - Sep 4 with 2061 viewsHunterhoop

Where does Fer fit in? on 16:25 - Sep 4 by MedwayR

So you're writing him off as a defensive CM based on his performances out wide and in a box-to-box role. As I said box-to-box doesn't suit him, but as a defensive CM he won't need to chase back as he won't be going forward.

Agree that No.10 is probably his best position but to write him off as a defensive CM without even seeing him play there is a bit daft imo.

You don't need to see someone play a position in a specific formation to understand whether he's likely to do well. You just analyse their attributes. He doesn't track runners and gets pulled quite high up the pitch and his quite lazy. Wonderful, let's play him as a defensive midfielder.

As a no. 10, I really like him. As a left winger, I like him less. As a member of a two man central midfield in a 442 or 4231, I think he's a liability. Lots of reasoning in here and lots and lots of viewing him in the flash. I will continue to write him off in the position.

He should be our no. 10 if/when fit and ready to go. His skills are not suited to sitting deep as one of the holding 2.
Where does Fer fit in? on 06:17 - Sep 5 with 2013 viewsQPR_ARG

Where does Fer fit in? on 14:36 - Sep 4 by Hunterhoop

Don't write off Faurlin.

He is still, and in my view will remain, our best "passing and moving" centre midfielder in the club. He makes us tick better than anyone. He simply won't be able to play Sat-Tues-Sat-Tues. But, when fit, for the big games, he'll start. I think Ramsey, based on recent selections, is of the same view.

Besides:

2 games without him starting: 1 loss (Charlton), 1 draw (Cardiff) -not mentioning Carlisle-.

3 games with him starting: 3 wins.

It's not all down to him, obviously. But I also don't think it's a coincidence. Just like both times we got relegated recently: both when he wasn't around.

Ale is one of the first 2 or 3 names on that sheet together with Austin and Green.
Where does Fer fit in? on 07:46 - Sep 5 with 1983 viewsGetMeRangers

Where does Fer fit in? on 06:17 - Sep 5 by QPR_ARG

Besides:

2 games without him starting: 1 loss (Charlton), 1 draw (Cardiff) -not mentioning Carlisle-.

3 games with him starting: 3 wins.

It's not all down to him, obviously. But I also don't think it's a coincidence. Just like both times we got relegated recently: both when he wasn't around.

Ale is one of the first 2 or 3 names on that sheet together with Austin and Green.

I know little about football, but in my mind he was the difference at Wolves from the game against Cardiff. Over the years, we have always seemed to have a player that is the difference to the chances of the team doing well or not. For me Gary Waddock was the most striking. Never was I more disappointed , fearful of a poor team display, when he didnt play. Even JB, for his limitations, did seem to make a difference to the effort put in by a team. Ale is a player that seems to also fit into the mould of those that can lift a teams performance and chance of competing. His return to the squad feels like on the best signings of the summer
Where does Fer fit in? on 08:17 - Sep 5 with 1968 viewsJonDoeman

Where does Fer fit in? on 16:49 - Sep 4 by cyprusmel

I think he's got to be up for it Jon, he was knocked back by Sunderland regarding his medical and if he want's a move away in January he's got to prove to everyone that he's fit and worth buying.

Hope you're right Mel.

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Where does Fer fit in? on 08:18 - Sep 5 with 1966 viewsJonDoeman

Where does Fer fit in? on 07:46 - Sep 5 by GetMeRangers

I know little about football, but in my mind he was the difference at Wolves from the game against Cardiff. Over the years, we have always seemed to have a player that is the difference to the chances of the team doing well or not. For me Gary Waddock was the most striking. Never was I more disappointed , fearful of a poor team display, when he didnt play. Even JB, for his limitations, did seem to make a difference to the effort put in by a team. Ale is a player that seems to also fit into the mould of those that can lift a teams performance and chance of competing. His return to the squad feels like on the best signings of the summer

Wrap him up in cotton wool ! ;)

It Is What It Is !!

Where does Fer fit in? on 09:05 - Sep 5 with 1935 viewsHAYESBOY

All fit and all in the right frame of mind.

Perch Onouha Angella Yun
Sandro Fer
Phillips Luongo Chery
Austin

Smells like a trout farm in here

Where does Fer fit in? on 17:28 - Sep 5 with 1861 viewsLazyFan

Sandro will be forced out as they will drop him until he leaves.
Totally sidelined. I expect him to go in January on a free transfer to get his wages off the books. Thanks Harry for wasting £10m.

zzzzzzzzzz

Where does Fer fit in? on 18:53 - Sep 5 with 1824 viewsstansleftfoot

For me the striking improvement is the pace of movement both of players and the ball.
Ramsey seems to be looking to mix the clubs approach up with both an early long ball with players looking for the second ball or the knock down and some close passing in and around the middle and final third.
The key is that Faurlin moves the ball accurately and quickly, the players are both quick in movement, in passing the ball and in getting past their player.
Leroy Fer looks like a highly skilled player who doesn't really know his game or how to play the game in my opinion, his games looks entirely instinctive without any strategic thinking.
His goals come out of nothing and his ability to defend space or pick up players runs make him a net hazard rather than a net positive.
Ramsey has been much questioned but there have been some key changes in the way QPR play football, the one that is most exciting is getting Austin more mobile by getting him to drop off into the middle third allowing players to get past him into the space he's created or by making the Centre Half come into area's of uncertainty. Its possible that Fer could utilise that space, what's clear is that Austin works his bxlls off, Leroy Fer is mostly in the Brown Bars of Jordaan.
Faurlin, Tozser, Luongo, Chery, Phillips and Austin are a pretty impressive midfield in the Championship....any tiredness, loss of form, discipline issues can be more than covered for from the bench by Mackie, Sandro, Fer, Doughty.
Whether they can cover a ten game sequence due to injuries is a different matter.
Much relies on our defensive four, Sextons back four was as tight as a ducks axse...not sure we have that solidity in the squad...very exciting season ahead!
Where does Fer fit in? on 16:59 - Sep 10 with 1682 viewsJonDoeman

Where does Fer fit in? on 13:01 - Sep 4 by JonDoeman

Hope Fer is up for it, & doesn't just bide his time avoiding injury till he can fck off in January.

Sounds up for it!

It Is What It Is !!

Where does Fer fit in? on 17:01 - Sep 10 with 1679 viewsJonDoeman

Where does Fer fit in? on 17:28 - Sep 5 by LazyFan

Sandro will be forced out as they will drop him until he leaves.
Totally sidelined. I expect him to go in January on a free transfer to get his wages off the books. Thanks Harry for wasting £10m.

Sorry mate, but that sounds like rubbish to me !

It Is What It Is !!

Where does Fer fit in? on 17:14 - Sep 10 with 1646 viewsTacticalR

Fer just needs to stay out of the Holland team - being involved in that would only bring down his value.

Air hostess clique

Where does Fer fit in? on 17:17 - Sep 10 with 1601 viewsFDC

Where does Fer fit in? on 16:59 - Sep 10 by JonDoeman

Sounds up for it!

Ha, that is the weirdest tweet ever!
Where does Fer fit in? on 17:19 - Sep 10 with 1594 viewsBklynRanger

I think we've got enough of a squad now to make sure that players are used in their best positions. Unless I'm wrong, Ramsey was the first manager to use Fer in that number 10 position (against Sunderland?) and he was a totally different player. I'm guessing Redknapp gave Fer the Number 10 shirt based on conversations during the transfer but then decided to use him in whatever way popped into his head while watching X Factor.

So I'd have Fer in that Number 10 spot competing with Chery and Luongo. He can also rotate during the match with Chery, Luongo, Phillips, Mackie, Gladwin or JET depending on who is playing. Steve Gallen was talking about how players have started to do that spontaneously anyway and Fer would fit in well with that imho.

We've got Faurlin, Doughty, Toszer, Henry, Sandro (and if necessary Luongo) for the deeper 2 CMs and I'd rather it stayed that way.
Where does Fer fit in? on 09:19 - Sep 11 with 1422 viewsbaz_qpr

Luongo or Fer number 10
Faurlin or Tozer number 8 (deep lying playmaker)
Henry or Sandro number 4 (defensive destroyer)
Philips / Mackie number 7 (wide right)
Chery / Toilet number 11 (wide left)
Austin / Polter number 9

If we are sticking with the 4-2-3-1 I see no reason why these guys should be playing in any other position than the above unless both first choices are not fit and competing with each other, the idea of Luongo playing 4 instead of Sandro of Henry is just dumb and if "favorites" get shoe horned into the team out of position then you have to clearly question the management.

When you look at the above as well, I think you would be asking serious questions if you dont get a top 6 finish, as that squad is as good if not better than any other in the division
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024