Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackwood scores again! 22:23 - Sep 4 with 4709 viewsbosh67

QPR's Under-21s beat Nottingham Forest 3-1

I know I keep championing this kid but he keeps scoring. I really hope that Ferdinand and Furlong can get this kid to his maximum potential. I know a few people saw him play in a cup game for 5 minutes and say he isn't up to it. We have to give these players time. I have seen him 3 times and he has the attributes of a young Clive Allen. This kid is a proper goal poacher. There aren't many about so we need this kid to succeed.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Blackwood scores again! on 22:38 - Sep 4 with 4652 viewsflynnbo

I agree with you on this, Bosch, as I think he could be very useful for us.
Blackwood scores again! on 22:56 - Sep 4 with 4581 viewsJamie

As said, he will be going out on loan to see if he can make it as a pro. He's basically only here on expenses as a long shot punt.

Worth pointing out too that Troy Hewitt couldn't miss in non-league. At pro level his career was short and unsuccessful.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 22:59]
Blackwood scores again! on 22:58 - Sep 4 with 4563 viewsHollowayRanger

aitn seen him but always worth a try

do remember a certain les Ferdinands debut and first season he was terrible didn't turn out too bad did he

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Blackwood scores again! on 23:43 - Sep 4 with 4470 viewsbosh67

Blackwood scores again! on 22:58 - Sep 4 by HollowayRanger

do remember a certain les Ferdinands debut and first season he was terrible didn't turn out too bad did he

After watching Les play three games I turned to my dad and said, this guy's never going to make it. Then...

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Blackwood scores again! on 01:17 - Sep 5 with 4385 viewsconnell10

i watched 60 mins of the game on player and he scored but missed two sitters , both one on ones with the keeper, make of that what ya will.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Blackwood scores again! on 04:01 - Sep 5 with 4298 views18StoneOfHoop

Blackwood scores again! on 23:43 - Sep 4 by bosh67

After watching Les play three games I turned to my dad and said, this guy's never going to make it. Then...

I remember seeing Alan McDonald play left-back for the reserves at HQ circa 1983.
A more hopeless ungainly donkey you couldn't hope to see..obviously had no future at Loftus Road.

BTW are you by any chance related to Tyler Blackwood, bosh67?
Do you stand to win a cockle every single separate occasion you mention TB is the new CA on LFW?
Do you think the drip-drip effect of Positive ReInforcement to our collective consciences will be enough to eventually get him in the team?
Tyler Blackwood is the new Clive Allen

[Post edited 5 Sep 2015 4:15]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Blackwood scores again! on 08:28 - Sep 5 with 4109 viewsGloucs_R

Blackwood scores again! on 01:17 - Sep 5 by connell10

i watched 60 mins of the game on player and he scored but missed two sitters , both one on ones with the keeper, make of that what ya will.

I read he missed a few sitters too but I guess you have to be in it to win it.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Blackwood scores again! on 08:34 - Sep 5 with 4097 viewsGetMeRangers

What intrigued me more, about reading about last night, was the observation that all teams are now playing in CR style of play so that they will be able to move seamlessly into the first team when required. Andy Sinton was banging on about this on Thursday and great if it is true. Perhaps at long last we may be moving towards having a football philosophy that runs down through the whole club. Early days of a new dawn, but long may it continue
Login to get fewer ads

Blackwood scores again! on 08:35 - Sep 5 with 4094 viewsconnell10

Blackwood scores again! on 08:28 - Sep 5 by Gloucs_R

I read he missed a few sitters too but I guess you have to be in it to win it.

Oh yeah mate i agree.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Blackwood scores again! on 09:12 - Sep 5 with 4020 viewsBromleyHoop

Never mind Blackwood, mark my words Jake Mulraney is the one to watch. Very quick footed tricky winger. Set Blackwood up and won the penalty which he then scored.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Blackwood scores again! on 09:18 - Sep 5 with 4010 viewsfakekerby

The level he is scoring at is truly horrific.

Loan him to league one or two for three months and see how he gets on there.

Bosh you never stopped championing Hogan Ephraim and God knows where he's ended up!
Blackwood scores again! on 09:49 - Sep 5 with 3926 viewsDANRANGER

Blackwood scores again! on 09:12 - Sep 5 by BromleyHoop

Never mind Blackwood, mark my words Jake Mulraney is the one to watch. Very quick footed tricky winger. Set Blackwood up and won the penalty which he then scored.

1st time I've watched this level so unsure of the standard but Mulroney looked decent. Totally mugged the full back off to win the penalty and always positive and looking to create something. Liked the style of play which seems to be the way all our teams are trying to play. Harley wise looked decent too. I guess they are still a long way from 1st team though but promising all the same.

YSY 90 mins also and he was passing players with ease so again not sure on the standard but a good run out for him.
Blackwood scores again! on 09:52 - Sep 5 with 3919 viewsGloucs_R

Blackwood scores again! on 08:35 - Sep 5 by connell10

Oh yeah mate i agree.

Although JET missed a sitter and everyone seemed to be on his case! Funny old world.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Blackwood scores again! on 11:42 - Sep 5 with 3773 viewscaliforniahoop

I use to watch a lot of reserve games back in the day, I remember watching Rangers vs Palace and the palace CF was without a doubt the worst player I had ever seen, he couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Imagine my shock a few years when this young player starting banging tons of goals for Southend.

Take a bow Mr Collymore!

It's always good to take your time before judging young players.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2015 11:43]
Blackwood scores again! on 11:53 - Sep 5 with 3748 viewsbosh67

Blackwood scores again! on 09:18 - Sep 5 by fakekerby

The level he is scoring at is truly horrific.

Loan him to league one or two for three months and see how he gets on there.

Bosh you never stopped championing Hogan Ephraim and God knows where he's ended up!

That is true. But Hogan was horrendously mismanaged and mis coached. In 2011 he was the stand out player for the first half of the season until he got injured. Had he been coached properly, when he was coming into his prime age and fitness wise I think it could have been a different story.

We have to learn from that and give players like Blackwood the best chance of making their name. All players miss sitters. It's about being in the right place and not worrying about those. Blackwood, for me, doesn't appear to worry and still drifts into those all important spaces, particularly in the 6 yard area. We haven't had a player like that in some years. I am only championing him because of the likes of Les Ferdinand. Back in the day when we gave players time he was truly awful for the first three senior games he played. Like Bambi in a bath with a toaster! Then the potential clicked.

Even Clive Allen had a few dodgy games when he started but if you get the coaching and player management right then you can really get something out of a player. We screwed that up with Hogan and played him in some daft positions and never really got the potential out of him. As a result it went. With this lad I see something really interesting about the way he moves and gets into goal scoring positions. He arcs off defenders well, he fades back into space around the penalty area, he ghosts into the 6 yard box. That can really be coached and you never know, you may get another non-league gem like Les or Charlie.

That's all I am saying. The non-league brings through some real talent. And like Les, not always in their teens.

Never knowingly right.

Blackwood scores again! on 11:58 - Sep 5 with 3735 viewscaliforniahoop

I think players will get time and coaching at QPR now, I think that's the master plan, so simple eh?
Blackwood scores again! on 12:20 - Sep 5 with 3696 viewsDylanP

Blackwood scores again! on 22:58 - Sep 4 by HollowayRanger

Also remember the abuse Furlong good when he first got to QPr. Obviously its different coz he wasn't a youth, but the point is players sometimes need time to reach their potential

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Blackwood scores again! on 12:41 - Sep 5 with 3652 viewskensalriser

You're a bit of a hopeless romantic, Bosh. You must have the most blinging rose-tinted specs in the world!

Hogan is a talented player and I agree he probably wasn't well managed at QPR but his career since suggests he never had what it takes to get to the top level. Standout player 2011 first half? Nope - that was Adel. I think what really stymied him was not getting out of QPR earlier. After promotion it was clear he was on the fringes. Had he taken a pay cut to go to a decent Championship team at that point he could have maintained momentum. Instead he spent several years effectively out of football and you never get that lost experience back.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Blackwood scores again! on 16:54 - Sep 5 with 3517 viewsderbyhoop

A lot of our are nowhere near Championship standard. But they could reach that level given the right opportunities.

I suspect a good number, including Blackwood, will be sent out on loans, hopefully at L1 or L2 level. Then we may be better able to judge their potential.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Blackwood scores again! on 00:14 - Sep 6 with 3368 viewsCiderwithRsie

Blackwood scores again! on 12:41 - Sep 5 by kensalriser

You're a bit of a hopeless romantic, Bosh. You must have the most blinging rose-tinted specs in the world!

Hogan is a talented player and I agree he probably wasn't well managed at QPR but his career since suggests he never had what it takes to get to the top level. Standout player 2011 first half? Nope - that was Adel. I think what really stymied him was not getting out of QPR earlier. After promotion it was clear he was on the fringes. Had he taken a pay cut to go to a decent Championship team at that point he could have maintained momentum. Instead he spent several years effectively out of football and you never get that lost experience back.

Probably true, but I'll always have a bit of time for old Hoagy after watching "The 5 Year Plan" where you could see the look of horror on his face at what was unfolding but at no point did he run screaming for the exits. Poor bastard.
Blackwood scores again! on 08:17 - Sep 7 with 3077 viewssimmo

Miles away based on his cameo at Yeovil, needs a loan.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Blackwood scores again! on 12:29 - Sep 7 with 2915 viewskingsburyR

Blackwood scores again! on 09:12 - Sep 5 by BromleyHoop

Off to Liverpool it is then!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024