Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'King' Green? 14:00 - Sep 12 with 53710 viewsJamie

Nope, just an overpaid, useless cnt.
'King' Green? on 17:04 - Sep 12 with 3300 viewsCanadaRanger

Green's OK.

Chops down "trees"...

[Post edited 13 Sep 2015 10:56]
'King' Green? on 17:06 - Sep 12 with 3296 viewsizlingtonhoop

'King' Green? on 14:32 - Sep 12 by Bluce_Ree

Not true.

Gets way too much stick.

For 'you' read 'he'.

Never understood your obsession.

'King' Green? on 17:11 - Sep 12 with 3284 viewsTopCat34

The man has cost us so many points from that woeful kick vs Chelsea to Charlton and now this to name but a few. His 50k or whatever wedge is still not justified.
'King' Green? on 17:17 - Sep 12 with 3272 viewsBlue_Castello

'King' Green? on 16:48 - Sep 12 by GloryHunter

Just back. From my view it was a dreadful and unnecessary back pass. Richard Dunne would never have done that - he would have hoofed in into Ellerslie. Onuaha has clearly not learned much from playing alongside Dunne.

Having said that, Green would have done better to let the guy score - then it would have been 1-1 and we would have had 11 men on the pitch.

Having said that, at 1-1, the 10 men could have held on for the point, instead of throwing men forward, getting caught on the break. Lack of "match intelligence" all round.

Agreed from where we were sitting in R block it was difficult to tell how much time Green had for the clearance, the back pass did put him under pressure but a keeper of his experience should have known better and should have hacked the ball away first time.

The biggest mistake he made was bringing the man down in the box giving a penalty and reducing us to ten men.

The first half was very even and scrappy, the second half we were on top scored an excellent goal and looked as if we would get a second, after the sending off we went to pieces and made Forest look good.
In conclusion had Green let the Forest player score we would have been level at 1-1 but with eleven men on the pitch I would have been confident we could have got a second, Green should know better but I'm sure he will say it was just a reflex reaction.
'King' Green? on 17:38 - Sep 12 with 3231 viewsjonno

'King' Green? on 17:17 - Sep 12 by Blue_Castello

Agreed from where we were sitting in R block it was difficult to tell how much time Green had for the clearance, the back pass did put him under pressure but a keeper of his experience should have known better and should have hacked the ball away first time.

The biggest mistake he made was bringing the man down in the box giving a penalty and reducing us to ten men.

The first half was very even and scrappy, the second half we were on top scored an excellent goal and looked as if we would get a second, after the sending off we went to pieces and made Forest look good.
In conclusion had Green let the Forest player score we would have been level at 1-1 but with eleven men on the pitch I would have been confident we could have got a second, Green should know better but I'm sure he will say it was just a reflex reaction.

Totally agree. We upped the speed of our passing and movement second half and caused Forest problems which we never managed in the first half. When we took the lead we deserved it and were likely to get a second as they were having to get forward more leaving some gaps. Totally brainless by Green to bring down the player. Had we kept 11 on the pitch we would never have conceded another and may well have won the game. Green has cost us three points today.
'King' Green? on 17:53 - Sep 12 with 3215 views2Thomas2Bowles

Just seen their second goal

COME BACK GREEN ALL IS FORGIVEN

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

'King' Green? on 17:58 - Sep 12 with 3204 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He should have let the bloke score we were all over them.

10 down I knew we were f'kd as I muttered to myself when the 2nd went in.

The reason being you could see we stopped playing after the pen.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

'King' Green? on 18:22 - Sep 12 with 3170 viewsWilloW4

'King' Green? on 17:58 - Sep 12 by Metallica_Hoop

He should have let the bloke score we were all over them.

10 down I knew we were f'kd as I muttered to myself when the 2nd went in.

The reason being you could see we stopped playing after the pen.

Very good point Metallica.. We looked clueless when the pen went in, and uninterested.. We all said.."2-1 to forest then!"... Another 2 goals conceded...at least we're consistent.
Login to get fewer ads

'King' Green? on 18:45 - Sep 12 with 3141 viewsCHUBBS

'King' Green? on 14:49 - Sep 12 by Discodroids

On reflection the performance was pretty desperate all round. We Have a team Of such disparity . We have some golden nuggets negated by absolute road kill such as Konchesky, Perch and henry.

they really are the sum of all shit.

Roadkill
Although i've criticized the signing of Konchesky,he actually played very well today
However Perch was poor from the start whilst Henry looked well off the pace and a waste of a position today.
As soon as Sandro gets fit Disco your nightmare will end
Oh and Green was fcuking abysmal yet again,they never looked like scoring in the 2nd half until he gave them the game.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2015 18:49]
'King' Green? on 18:57 - Sep 12 with 3114 viewsDiscodroids

Fair point on Konchesky Chubbs, early days for perch and all that, but i will never ever understand the tangible end product of Karl Henrys presence In the team .

Quite simply a Vestigial organ , like the human tail bone or appendix. As pointless as Gary tibbs in Roxy music .

Please Mr Ramsey, do not pick this placebo ever again.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

'King' Green? on 19:01 - Sep 12 with 3101 viewsHollowayRanger

'King' Green? on 16:55 - Sep 12 by jamois

Just me or does Smithies look a little small for a top class keeper?

yep didn't like the way he flapped early on and if I were playing against him id be putting a lot of corners into his 6 yard box as I don't see a commanding keeper there

that said he's meant to be a good shot stopper but that 2nd goal wasn't very good
I can see green starting Saturday that's for sure

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

'King' Green? on 21:06 - Sep 12 with 2984 viewsQPRinCT

'King' Green? on 16:18 - Sep 12 by TheBlob

And what happened pray tell?

Hah?
'King' Green? on 01:40 - Sep 13 with 2896 viewsSomersetHoops

I thought our second half performance up to Green's mistake was a big improvement and dealt with the problems exposed in the first half. Green is clearly not too old or experienced to be coached to learn how to safely deal with back passes and our players should resist playing strong back passes until our coaches have made it clear to any of our goalkeepers how to deal with them. It is pathetic to see a keeper of Green's experience making such a hash, nearly twice of what should be a simple firm clearance kick.

Who's Next?

'King' Green? on 01:50 - Sep 13 with 2895 viewsPunteR

'King' Green? on 14:21 - Sep 12 by davman

Perfectly adequate back pass. If he hadn't thought he can control a ball, he'd have hoofed it. If a 'keeper can't understand safety first, it's a receipt for disaste...and that is what Green can create.

It was a poor back pass for a keeper. As soon as it left Onouha foot i thought Green would be in trouble. A nice soft bouncing ball with a 16 stone center forward rrunning at you is not the easiest ball to control.
Green should have put his foot through it though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

'King' Green? on 03:32 - Sep 13 with 2852 viewsisawqpratwcity

Regardless of how poor the back pass was, the result should have been, at worst, a throw-in, not a goal and a red card.

Now, can everybody, Green included, write that off as a horrible mistake and move on.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

'King' Green? on 05:44 - Sep 13 with 2827 viewsisawqpratwcity

And I hope Alex Smithies does everyone a favour and has a good game on Wednesday.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

'King' Green? on 09:54 - Sep 13 with 2741 viewsandygg

Oh shut up you over-reacting tarts. Yes Green should have cleared it, but that doesn't mean he's shit.
I thought our defence was shite though.
'King' Green? on 11:39 - Sep 13 with 2682 viewsWatford_Ranger

Smithies is 6'3" according to Wiki, though he didn't look it from the Upper Loft.
'King' Green? on 12:13 - Sep 13 with 2664 viewsA40Bosh

'King' Green? on 18:57 - Sep 12 by Discodroids

Fair point on Konchesky Chubbs, early days for perch and all that, but i will never ever understand the tangible end product of Karl Henrys presence In the team .

Quite simply a Vestigial organ , like the human tail bone or appendix. As pointless as Gary tibbs in Roxy music .

Please Mr Ramsey, do not pick this placebo ever again.

First time I have seen a Gary Tibbs in Roxy Music post in any forum, let alone a Football one. He wasn't very good was he, played fretless bass less well than another bass would have.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

'King' Green? on 12:17 - Sep 13 with 2653 viewsNorthernr

Never been Green's biggest fan as I've said several times. He's not as good as his fans say he is, nor is he as bad as is being made out on this thread. What is certain though is that since the turn of the year he's cost us goals against Spurs and Hull by coming for crosses he was never getting anywhere near (two points), Charlton and Arsenal by being beaten softly at his near post (one point) and Chelsea and Forest with his lousy kicking/distribution (four points). That's a goal a month once you take the summer out of the equation. You cannot have your goalkeeper costing you a goal a month, particularly when you're paying so much money to have him there.

Smithies is going to take a while to settle. Huddersfield born, Huddersfield fan, been at Huddersfield since he was eight, never played for anybody but Huddersfield, now suddenly moving to London, wife just had a baby, playing for a former Premier League club with big expectations, put into one cup game with the youth team and then slung on in a poor performance to face a penalty and 20 minutes with 10 men. He looks bloody terrified.
'King' Green? on 12:40 - Sep 13 with 2613 viewskensalriser

Watched the highlights again this morning and was reminded that Green did something very similar earlier in the game, only that time he got away with it of course.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

'King' Green? on 12:48 - Sep 13 with 2601 viewsparker64

'King' Green? on 12:40 - Sep 13 by kensalriser

Watched the highlights again this morning and was reminded that Green did something very similar earlier in the game, only that time he got away with it of course.

We seemed to be playing alot more back passes than normal yesterday. You're right Green got away with it earlier and there were one or two in the first half where he was too casual and the Forest guy was almost right on him.

Well down to the Forest player. He kept closing down and working hard all game and got his reward.
'King' Green? on 12:54 - Sep 13 with 2595 viewsPunteR

'King' Green? on 12:17 - Sep 13 by Northernr

Never been Green's biggest fan as I've said several times. He's not as good as his fans say he is, nor is he as bad as is being made out on this thread. What is certain though is that since the turn of the year he's cost us goals against Spurs and Hull by coming for crosses he was never getting anywhere near (two points), Charlton and Arsenal by being beaten softly at his near post (one point) and Chelsea and Forest with his lousy kicking/distribution (four points). That's a goal a month once you take the summer out of the equation. You cannot have your goalkeeper costing you a goal a month, particularly when you're paying so much money to have him there.

Smithies is going to take a while to settle. Huddersfield born, Huddersfield fan, been at Huddersfield since he was eight, never played for anybody but Huddersfield, now suddenly moving to London, wife just had a baby, playing for a former Premier League club with big expectations, put into one cup game with the youth team and then slung on in a poor performance to face a penalty and 20 minutes with 10 men. He looks bloody terrified.

Them's the facts but I wonder what the stats are for all keepers. A goal a month is not good but how many points has he saved?
I bet if you single out any keeper the number of goals conceded are keeper errors.
I think that's what FMR alluded to when asking who 'd be a keeper.
Green dropped a clanger,no two ways about it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

'King' Green? on 13:01 - Sep 13 with 2591 viewsNorthernr

'King' Green? on 12:54 - Sep 13 by PunteR

Them's the facts but I wonder what the stats are for all keepers. A goal a month is not good but how many points has he saved?
I bet if you single out any keeper the number of goals conceded are keeper errors.
I think that's what FMR alluded to when asking who 'd be a keeper.
Green dropped a clanger,no two ways about it.

I think that's being very generous. A goal a month from major, major errors? That's miles above average.
'King' Green? on 13:07 - Sep 13 with 2578 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well if that is not a soft goal to let in by Smithies I don't know what is

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024