Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'King' Green? 14:00 - Sep 12 with 53889 viewsJamie

Nope, just an overpaid, useless cnt.
'King' Green? on 13:17 - Sep 13 with 3020 viewsPunteR

'King' Green? on 13:01 - Sep 13 by Northernr

I think that's being very generous. A goal a month from major, major errors? That's miles above average.

What is the average?
Maybe I'm forgiving for his mistakes than others.
A lot of high profile English keepers have reputations for dropping clangers for some reason.
Players could always lob Seaman.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

'King' Green? on 13:39 - Sep 13 with 2979 viewsTheBlob

Big mistake not signing Bentley.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

'King' Green? on 14:01 - Sep 13 with 2960 viewsJamie

Important to note that he had a huge warning in the first half when he very almost fcked it up in nearly identical circumstances.

Absolutely nobody else's fault but his.
'King' Green? on 14:29 - Sep 13 with 2929 viewsHollowayRanger

dread to think how many goals Austin misses every month but hey ho

when a keeper makes a mistake its usually fatal

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

'King' Green? on 14:41 - Sep 13 with 2925 viewsToast_R

Knob Green
'King' Green? on 14:51 - Sep 13 with 2863 viewsjonno

'King' Green? on 14:01 - Sep 13 by Jamie

Important to note that he had a huge warning in the first half when he very almost fcked it up in nearly identical circumstances.

Absolutely. How anyone can say it was a poor back pass is ridiculous. The Forest player was twenty yards away when the ball reached Green. He had plenty of time to deal with it, the bloke is supposed to be a professional footballer not someone who has never played before. And if Green didn't feel confident because the ball was "bouncing" (imagine, a football bouncing, how unusual) then he should just have whacked it away. The fact is of course that Green has plenty of previous for this sort of thing which is why opposition players make the effort to close him down as quickly as possible.
'King' Green? on 15:59 - Sep 13 with 2811 viewsfrancisbowles

'King' Green? on 14:01 - Sep 13 by Jamie

Actually, I thought he dealt with the 'hot 'one from Tozser very well. Probably gave him the misplaced confidence when making a hash of Onuoha's.

I also subscribe to the view that the errors and their cost outweigh the great shot stopping.
'King' Green? on 16:00 - Sep 13 with 2810 viewsNorthernr

'King' Green? on 15:59 - Sep 13 by francisbowles

Actually, I thought he dealt with the 'hot 'one from Tozser very well. Probably gave him the misplaced confidence when making a hash of Onuoha's.

I also subscribe to the view that the errors and their cost outweigh the great shot stopping.

Particularly when there hasn't actually been a lot of the latter at late - Charlton away a case in point.
Login to get fewer ads

'King' Green? on 16:19 - Sep 13 with 2785 viewsfrancisbowles

'King' Green? on 13:07 - Sep 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well if that is not a soft goal to let in by Smithies I don't know what is

It did take a deflection though.

We need to get behind him on Wednesday, fans getting on his back will only make him more nervy!
'King' Green? on 16:21 - Sep 13 with 2785 viewsBlue_Castello

'King' Green? on 14:51 - Sep 13 by jonno

Absolutely. How anyone can say it was a poor back pass is ridiculous. The Forest player was twenty yards away when the ball reached Green. He had plenty of time to deal with it, the bloke is supposed to be a professional footballer not someone who has never played before. And if Green didn't feel confident because the ball was "bouncing" (imagine, a football bouncing, how unusual) then he should just have whacked it away. The fact is of course that Green has plenty of previous for this sort of thing which is why opposition players make the effort to close him down as quickly as possible.

Sorry Jonno - totally agree and somehow hit the down arrow

The fact that people are blaming Ramsey for our defeat I find totally baffling, we were in control in the second half. After Austins goal we were pushing for a second and Florist were on the back foot, the defeat is totally down to Greens error, I accept its a pisher being a keeper because one mistake can be fatal.

The defence was doing fine until we went down to 10 mean, unfortunately after that we collapsed, we need to learn t play with 10 men and you really need a leader on the pitch, the fact that our best player was taken off didn't help.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2015 8:01]
'King' Green? on 16:23 - Sep 13 with 2779 viewsNorthernr

'King' Green? on 16:19 - Sep 13 by francisbowles

It did take a deflection though.

We need to get behind him on Wednesday, fans getting on his back will only make him more nervy!

Totally agree with this. Chances are, he's our future goalkeeper, we need to pile in behind him and back him to the hilt. He looks like scared lost northern boy in the big city at the moment. Hopefully much Smithies love from the crowd and a couple of solid saves in a 3-0 win on Wednesday.
'King' Green? on 21:51 - Sep 13 with 2692 viewsizlingtonhoop

it's fine
He'll be no worse than Tony Roberts.
'King' Green? on 22:10 - Sep 13 with 2676 viewsdaveB

'King' Green? on 13:39 - Sep 13 by TheBlob

Big mistake not signing Bentley.

Not a mistake at all, we tried to sign him but they wanted too much money so we signed someone else
'King' Green? on 08:18 - Sep 14 with 2602 viewssimmo

Been fairly consistent with my opinions of Green and Satrurday was typical, he's made loads of mistakes just like this, but up till now he's got away with more than he's been caught out with. Even at the Cardiff game he rushed out and almost hand balled it. He's just a terrible decision maker that inspires no confidence. I hope Smithies plays really well and keeps him out from now on, but he's going to take time - the next 2 games are massive for him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

'King' Green? on 00:05 - Sep 15 with 2550 viewsTacticalR

'King' Green? on 01:50 - Sep 13 by PunteR

It was a poor back pass for a keeper. As soon as it left Onouha foot i thought Green would be in trouble. A nice soft bouncing ball with a 16 stone center forward rrunning at you is not the easiest ball to control.
Green should have put his foot through it though.

Agreed. I was in Ellerslie, and as soon that ball was played I also had a feeling we were in trouble. Of course Green should have cleared the ball, but my guess is that he was fearful of slicing it into the path of the oncoming player (so didn't take the ball first time).

Onuoha was partly to blame for the goal because his pass back was too high.

Air hostess clique

'King' Green? on 13:06 - Sep 15 with 2462 viewsR_from_afar

'King' Green? on 17:11 - Sep 12 by TopCat34

The man has cost us so many points from that woeful kick vs Chelsea to Charlton and now this to name but a few. His 50k or whatever wedge is still not justified.

His kick in the Chelsea game was poor, but:
- He was kicking directly into a strong wind that half
- 17 seconds elapsed between his duff kick and the goal
- The entire Rangers team nodded off while he was taking that kick and made utterly pathetic efforts to try to get the ball back.

Goals conceded are frequently not just the fault of the 'keeper or the defence.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

'King' Green? on 13:12 - Sep 15 with 2454 viewsR_from_afar

'King' Green? on 18:45 - Sep 12 by CHUBBS

Roadkill
Although i've criticized the signing of Konchesky,he actually played very well today
However Perch was poor from the start whilst Henry looked well off the pace and a waste of a position today.
As soon as Sandro gets fit Disco your nightmare will end
Oh and Green was fcuking abysmal yet again,they never looked like scoring in the 2nd half until he gave them the game.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2015 18:49]

"As soon as Sandro gets fit..." LOL

We would've got more playing time out of the abdominal snowman, plus he was available on a free.

Sandro

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

'King' Green? on 13:19 - Sep 15 with 2446 viewsR_from_afar

'King' Green? on 18:57 - Sep 12 by Discodroids

Fair point on Konchesky Chubbs, early days for perch and all that, but i will never ever understand the tangible end product of Karl Henrys presence In the team .

Quite simply a Vestigial organ , like the human tail bone or appendix. As pointless as Gary tibbs in Roxy music .

Please Mr Ramsey, do not pick this placebo ever again.

Do you think it's down to the General Election? Karl "true blue" Henry seemed a better player before the Conservatives secured another five years in power.

If Henry keeps having poor games, Ramsey could at least give him some Bez style maracas so he can do something of use. He could beat out a rhythm on them like those drummers used to on triremes...

RFA (desperately seeking his misplaced pills)

'King' Green? on 13:30 - Sep 15 with 2433 viewssimmo

'King' Green? on 13:06 - Sep 15 by R_from_afar

His kick in the Chelsea game was poor, but:
- He was kicking directly into a strong wind that half
- 17 seconds elapsed between his duff kick and the goal
- The entire Rangers team nodded off while he was taking that kick and made utterly pathetic efforts to try to get the ball back.

Goals conceded are frequently not just the fault of the 'keeper or the defence.

RFA

Well in the same game he also came flying out his area and stopped the ball with his hand very early in the first half. Could and should have been sent off but the ref missed it.

I have never seen a keeper make so many mental decisions so consistently and still be lauded as such a great and massive player. If he's not charging out his area doing stupid things he's sticking to his line putting his efenders under pressure. Roll on the Smithies years.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

'King' Green? on 13:31 - Sep 15 with 2431 viewsR_from_afar

'King' Green? on 13:01 - Sep 13 by Northernr

I think that's being very generous. A goal a month from major, major errors? That's miles above average.

I still think the goal we conceded against Chelsea was down to collective failure. All the outfield players switched off.

I play football, to a pathetic standard, and normally at CB, but even I know that you need to be alert when the 'keeper makes his kick because he might fluff it.

RFA

'King' Green? on 13:39 - Sep 15 with 2419 viewsTacticalR

Rob Green's 'interception' of O'Grady seems quite restrained compared to his effort for West Ham against Blackpool (about 1 minute in):

Air hostess clique

'King' Green? on 13:45 - Sep 15 with 2409 viewsR_from_afar

'King' Green? on 13:39 - Sep 15 by TacticalR

Rob Green's 'interception' of O'Grady seems quite restrained compared to his effort for West Ham against Blackpool (about 1 minute in):

Talk about taking your man out! Strewth!

An interesting contract between Big Sam and Redkrapp: Big Sam had no sub 'keepers for that game. 'Arry preferred to play it safe and have two. You can never be too careful, especially in and around the transfer window.....

RFA

'King' Green? on 14:04 - Sep 15 with 2388 viewsNorthernr

'King' Green? on 13:31 - Sep 15 by R_from_afar

I still think the goal we conceded against Chelsea was down to collective failure. All the outfield players switched off.

I play football, to a pathetic standard, and normally at CB, but even I know that you need to be alert when the 'keeper makes his kick because he might fluff it.

RFA

Yeh if you speak to Chris Ramsey about it he compares it to a defensive header to halfway - i.e. shouldn't be conceding from it. Lost the first header, then Isla failed to stop the cross.

Fact is though it wouldn't have happened without Green's lousy kick, and his kicking is lousy in general so it's going down as a keeper error for me.
'King' Green? on 14:06 - Sep 15 with 2379 viewsNorthernr

'King' Green? on 13:12 - Sep 15 by R_from_afar

"As soon as Sandro gets fit..." LOL

We would've got more playing time out of the abdominal snowman, plus he was available on a free.

Sandro

RFA

An point on sandro we were wondering about in the pub on Saturday. Given the size of his contract, and the injuries he'd suffered in the seasons before joining us, I wonder if he's got a hefty appearance fee in his deal, like a several thousand pounds a game appearance fee. If so it may restrict/prohibit us from picking him, if it's costing us an extra 6 or 7k every time he starts for instance. Pure speculation but one to consider if it gets to the stage in a few weeks where he's not playing and Karl Henry still is.
'King' Green? on 14:17 - Sep 15 with 2366 viewsPunteR

'King' Green? on 14:06 - Sep 15 by Northernr

An point on sandro we were wondering about in the pub on Saturday. Given the size of his contract, and the injuries he'd suffered in the seasons before joining us, I wonder if he's got a hefty appearance fee in his deal, like a several thousand pounds a game appearance fee. If so it may restrict/prohibit us from picking him, if it's costing us an extra 6 or 7k every time he starts for instance. Pure speculation but one to consider if it gets to the stage in a few weeks where he's not playing and Karl Henry still is.

I wondered this. Makes sense. Its happened at other clubs.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024