Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL season thread 2015 10:03 - Sep 14 with 9556 viewsthame_hoops

So week one has nearly finished, was devastated the ravens couldnt quite punch the ball into the end zone in thelast minute (did you watch toboly?, Peytons arm look's like he cant throw a deep ball anymore.
a great debut by mariota and embarassment for winston, who will be the surprise teams this season? Vikings could do well, the eagles are hotly tipped with the chip kelly HC, buffalo started well too. business as usual for GB and the pats.
NFL season thread 2015 on 10:05 - Sep 14 with 5664 viewsstan4england

Watch the flip from Rodgers to Lacy last night - unbelievable. Go Pack Go!
NFL season thread 2015 on 10:16 - Sep 14 with 5657 viewssimmo

As usual, I promise to try to make this the year I really pay attention and follow things, before not having the time or understanding and losing focus until the late stages of the play-offs come around...

On it this week though - has there been a better QB debut than Mariota in recent years??

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

NFL season thread 2015 on 10:19 - Sep 14 with 5651 viewsadhoc_qpr

Agree about Peyton, his arm is shot!

I'm a Viking fan and have massive concerns about our O-line with Sullivan and Loadholt missing the season. If we can't protect Bridgewater or block for Peterson our offence could be a non-starter...

Interesting to see Tyrod Taylor start so well for Buffalo, they have a potentially exciting offence that i'm looking forward to see at Wembley next month.
NFL season thread 2015 on 11:12 - Sep 14 with 5627 viewssimmo

NFL season thread 2015 on 10:19 - Sep 14 by adhoc_qpr

Agree about Peyton, his arm is shot!

I'm a Viking fan and have massive concerns about our O-line with Sullivan and Loadholt missing the season. If we can't protect Bridgewater or block for Peterson our offence could be a non-starter...

Interesting to see Tyrod Taylor start so well for Buffalo, they have a potentially exciting offence that i'm looking forward to see at Wembley next month.

You've also got Tony Barr...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

NFL season thread 2015 on 11:17 - Sep 14 with 5624 viewsrosseeles

Watched bears v packers in hope that the bears would finally come good and that cutler had been improving over pre season. Have to say in the first Half they looked good, cutler was sensible with his passing and forte looks outstanding. However true to form as soon as the bears went behind cutler reverted to last year and gave the game up with a stupid interception.

Also saw manning and that arm wont last the season, no idea how they got away with that game, when they did finally start running the ball they looked much better
NFL season thread 2015 on 11:38 - Sep 14 with 5611 viewsBlackandGoldR

Saints fan me, we lost to the cards last night, who were to be fair, the better team. Think they can put up a good challenge this year.
Loads of new players for us to bed in though. Mark Ingram will have a big season. Although I can see us finishing around 8-8.
Bears wern't as bad as I thought they would be, but the Packers got it done, Rogers looking good as per usual.
Think the Bills will be a Playoff contender along with the usual suspects from last year. Also keen to see them at Wembley
NFL season thread 2015 on 11:44 - Sep 14 with 5605 viewsganjR

NFL season thread 2015 on 11:17 - Sep 14 by rosseeles

Watched bears v packers in hope that the bears would finally come good and that cutler had been improving over pre season. Have to say in the first Half they looked good, cutler was sensible with his passing and forte looks outstanding. However true to form as soon as the bears went behind cutler reverted to last year and gave the game up with a stupid interception.

Also saw manning and that arm wont last the season, no idea how they got away with that game, when they did finally start running the ball they looked much better

I'm a Bears fan too.
I dare say that I won't be on this thread much because of that fact. :)
NFL season thread 2015 on 11:57 - Sep 14 with 5598 viewsadhoc_qpr

NFL season thread 2015 on 11:12 - Sep 14 by simmo

You've also got Tony Barr...

Barr is awesome, and the other rookie LB Kendricks looks promising too.
Login to get fewer ads

NFL season thread 2015 on 12:04 - Sep 14 with 5592 viewsrosseeles

Ha! The last few years have been tough!

I have to say they played better than expected and were up at half time, to be honest they were never out of the game against what should be a strong packers side, coming from last year that's a big step up.

I dare say...and please refer back to this thread when I'm totally wrong! When the bears get a half decent lead they'll win games, when coming from behind even a small gap cutler just seems to panic and want to make big plays.

Its odd as he used forte well when leading, built up good periods of play, then the second half when they went behind it all went as per previous years.

We live in hope however
NFL season thread 2015 on 12:06 - Sep 14 with 5588 viewsAitch

Only managed to catch the highlights but is was business as usual for Aaron Rodgers. I'm hoping injuries won't derail the mighty Pack this year.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

NFL season thread 2015 on 12:19 - Sep 14 with 5578 viewsozexile

Have you NFL fans been following the jarryd hayne situation at the 49ers? Fantastic effort to switch sports and get a contract.
NFL season thread 2015 on 12:29 - Sep 14 with 5572 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season thread 2015 on 12:19 - Sep 14 by ozexile

Have you NFL fans been following the jarryd hayne situation at the 49ers? Fantastic effort to switch sports and get a contract.

yes, he had a great pre-season and made the niners roster.

he looks fast and strong, did they put him at running back in one game? i seem to remember seeing him plough straight into lineman and sent him flying with his strength.

not sure what to make of the 49s this season, what with all the players that left
NFL season thread 2015 on 12:54 - Sep 14 with 5560 viewsozexile

NFL season thread 2015 on 12:29 - Sep 14 by thame_hoops

yes, he had a great pre-season and made the niners roster.

he looks fast and strong, did they put him at running back in one game? i seem to remember seeing him plough straight into lineman and sent him flying with his strength.

not sure what to make of the 49s this season, what with all the players that left

Yes they did. I hope he gets some game time this season. I don't think he'll play tomorrow.
NFL season thread 2015 on 13:16 - Sep 14 with 5546 viewsHunterhoop

Go JETS!

Nice win to start but it was up against the Browns, so about as impressive as beating a college reserve side.

Shame about our two injuries on the defence.

Not impressed with all this Bills love. I hope they fall away, except when they play Brady et al.

Packers looked very good. My two pre-season picks (Colts and Ravens) lost. No surprise there then.

Lots of injuries around this first weekend. Funny the Seahawks lost too.
NFL season thread 2015 on 14:35 - Sep 14 with 5521 viewsMatch82

NFL season thread 2015 on 12:04 - Sep 14 by rosseeles

Ha! The last few years have been tough!

I have to say they played better than expected and were up at half time, to be honest they were never out of the game against what should be a strong packers side, coming from last year that's a big step up.

I dare say...and please refer back to this thread when I'm totally wrong! When the bears get a half decent lead they'll win games, when coming from behind even a small gap cutler just seems to panic and want to make big plays.

Its odd as he used forte well when leading, built up good periods of play, then the second half when they went behind it all went as per previous years.

We live in hope however

Much better coaching staff this year but the fact that we only made green bay punt twice shows how much work is still to be done. Still a few drafts away from making any noise in arguably the toughest division in the nfl
NFL season thread 2015 on 19:50 - Sep 14 with 5468 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season thread 2015 on 14:35 - Sep 14 by Match82

Much better coaching staff this year but the fact that we only made green bay punt twice shows how much work is still to be done. Still a few drafts away from making any noise in arguably the toughest division in the nfl

im pleased ravens got marc trestman as the OC, despite his head coach role going pear shaped in chicago. was sad to lose kubiak but he couldnt turn denver down.
i keep hearing on the PTI podcast that cutler is hated in Chicago and several restaurants have even banned him as hes rude?!
NFL season thread 2015 on 21:35 - Sep 14 with 5433 viewsMatch82

NFL season thread 2015 on 19:50 - Sep 14 by thame_hoops

im pleased ravens got marc trestman as the OC, despite his head coach role going pear shaped in chicago. was sad to lose kubiak but he couldnt turn denver down.
i keep hearing on the PTI podcast that cutler is hated in Chicago and several restaurants have even banned him as hes rude?!

Tactically Trestman is strong, he'll do well as OC. Disaster as head coach though, could not control either the players or his coaches in the dressing room though, last season was a mutiny.

Cutler is a QB with above average ability but prone to occasional poor decision making and daft mistakes. Bit like rob green. That leads to somewhat polarizing views on him amongst the fans, and he has a (mostly unfair) reputation for being a bit sulky when things aren't going his way. Have never heard that he is rude though.

Side note: PTI is definitely more interested in drama than truth, so would take anything from there with a pinch of salt.
NFL season thread 2015 on 07:55 - Sep 15 with 5394 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season thread 2015 on 12:54 - Sep 14 by ozexile

Yes they did. I hope he gets some game time this season. I don't think he'll play tomorrow.

Fumbled his first punt return I see
NFL season thread 2015 on 09:52 - Sep 15 with 5368 viewslave16

NFL season thread 2015 on 07:55 - Sep 15 by thame_hoops

Hoping for a good season for the 49ers think yer man Tomasula is class act...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

NFL season thread 2015 on 10:01 - Sep 15 with 5365 viewsadhoc_qpr

NFL season thread 2015 on 09:52 - Sep 15 by lave16

The 49ers absolutely beasted the Vikings yesterday - Carlos Hyde ran straight through the defence like it wasn't there...

Woeful starts for the Vikes, can't even blame the bad calls because we were dominated in all departments!
NFL season thread 2015 on 10:14 - Sep 15 with 5358 viewsozexile

NFL season thread 2015 on 07:55 - Sep 15 by thame_hoops

Yes shocker. I saw a nice run he done a bit later.
NFL season thread 2015 on 15:23 - Sep 15 with 5333 viewstoboboly

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

NFL season thread 2015 on 15:59 - Sep 15 with 5323 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season thread 2015 on 09:52 - Sep 15 by lave16

im ravens not 49s
NFL season thread 2015 on 16:00 - Sep 15 with 5322 viewsthame_hoops

NFL season thread 2015 on 15:23 - Sep 15 by toboboly

is that antonio brown
NFL season thread 2015 on 16:02 - Sep 15 with 5320 viewsTonto

I had to refrain from this thread yesterday as I wanted to avoid the Cowboys v Giants score, having recorded it.

can we finally put to bed the stupid premise that Romo isn't clutch now? Despite the on-screen graphic stating Romo has had more 4th Q comebacks in the last 8 years than any other QB, Collingsworth was still peddling the same old crap that Romo cant get it done. The stat is right in front of you! but the media love to flog a dead story to death. Cue a 75 yard drive and winning TD with 7 seconds left. Nope not clutch at all...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024