Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby World Cup Thread 15:39 - Sep 15 with 32855 viewskingsburyR

I don't think someone has started one yet.

Can't see past New Zealand but Ill have a cheeky £10 on the Aussies who always come good in a world cup.

And Bet of the week is for the Aussies to come top of England's group @ 2/1

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:09 - Oct 3 with 2801 viewsMrSheen

You can see the Aussies were used to playing at a higher level of intensity and pace than the English.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:28 - Oct 3 with 2757 viewsWilloW4

Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:59 - Oct 3 by ted_hendrix

Well that's this thread fcked then.

From what I saw tonight England could play Australia again tomorrow night or next week and the score would still be the same.

Totally beaten out of sight tonight all over the pitch by a far far better side.

Bollox.

I know very little about rugby, but after 90 seconds I said the. Aussies looked faster and more up for it than us... Ho hum, don't really care.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:31 - Oct 3 with 2753 viewsconnell10

Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:38 - Oct 3 by Toast_R

Don't be a prick.

OH HARK AT HER!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:00 - Oct 4 with 2726 viewsToast_R

Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:31 - Oct 3 by connell10

OH HARK AT HER!

Carry on then
[Post edited 4 Oct 2015 0:03]
Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:46 - Oct 4 with 2696 viewsisawqpratwcity

What's the problem? Australia are the third best team in the southern hemisphere, and also the third best team in the world.

England's problem is that they aren't better than Wales.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:49 - Oct 4 with 2688 viewsWilloW4

Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:46 - Oct 4 by isawqpratwcity

What's the problem? Australia are the third best team in the southern hemisphere, and also the third best team in the world.

Whose got a problem...? No one seems to give a shite..!?
Rugby World Cup Thread on 01:03 - Oct 4 with 2682 viewsisawqpratwcity

Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:49 - Oct 4 by WilloW4

Whose got a problem...? No one seems to give a shite..!?

Not now.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:20 - Oct 5 with 2546 viewsElHoop

Was out Saturday night and avoided the game so watched it about 1.30am Sunday morning. Still took an hour even with fastwording boring bits. Was resigned to us going out once Farrell was recalled and ultimately he did ' do a Barton' as expected, but even I can't blame him for everything.

I suppose that the Fiji game wasn't perfect and they tinkered around as a result, but the fact remains that it was the only game we've won. Whether we'd have been better off sticking with more or less the same side as Fiji is beyond me, but it couldn't have been a lot worse surely?
Login to get fewer ads

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:27 - Oct 5 with 2539 viewsToast_R

Basically they'd kick for the draw against Wales and England are in Quarters. Ridiculous cock up.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:42 - Oct 5 with 2526 viewsPhildo

Or the problem is that they should have beaten Wales and didn't.

Rumours coming out that the england squad were pished off with two things
1 Burgess being picked at centre when his club have abandoned that idea ( see Gordon Darcys explanation of that last week)
2 Daddy Farrell having too much say over the selection of junior.

My team Ireland looked very poor partly as a result of some strange decision to not compete at the breakdown and have a deep lying mass defence. I am hoping this is some sort of tactical masterstroke to be deployed later in the tournament rather than just being gash in the business end of a WC (again).

Hard to see past the Aussies for winners of this thing. Aussie rugby union are skint and fewer kids are playing it over there now so it could be a bit of a farewell tour.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:04 - Oct 5 with 2548 viewsisawqpratwcity

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:42 - Oct 5 by Phildo

Or the problem is that they should have beaten Wales and didn't.

Rumours coming out that the england squad were pished off with two things
1 Burgess being picked at centre when his club have abandoned that idea ( see Gordon Darcys explanation of that last week)
2 Daddy Farrell having too much say over the selection of junior.

My team Ireland looked very poor partly as a result of some strange decision to not compete at the breakdown and have a deep lying mass defence. I am hoping this is some sort of tactical masterstroke to be deployed later in the tournament rather than just being gash in the business end of a WC (again).

Hard to see past the Aussies for winners of this thing. Aussie rugby union are skint and fewer kids are playing it over there now so it could be a bit of a farewell tour.

Yes, ok, maybe England should have beaten Wales. They didn't. But it was always pushing it uphill with a pointy stick to think that they'd beat Australia to make up for it.

I think the tournament is South Africa's, unless NZ can shake off the nervous nellies and start playing properly.

And as for the Wallabies "farewell tour"?

Dream on.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:45 - Oct 5 with 2513 viewsrobith

My thoughts on the weekend's games

https://medium.com/@rbrtdnnllnn/rwc-2015-weekend-3-round-up-b2b35afd8245
Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:49 - Oct 5 with 2506 viewsEastR

England's problem is that they aren't in the southern hemisphere.

Fixed 

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:30 - Oct 5 with 2469 viewsthemodfather

we were not good enough, after years of prep and being hosts
another england world cup descends into chaos and misery, whether it's football, cricket ,rugby or car waxing, we kock it up!
aussies ran us ragged, the welsh game was dire at times, a game of kicks and little running rugby....
Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:37 - Oct 5 with 2459 viewsElHoop

If there's an unlucky team in this World Cup then it must be Japan.

They beat South Africa fair and square and then had about 3 days to prepare for what was the key group game for them - against a fresh Scotland - they lost and even conceded the bonus point. Then they smash up Samoa and they'll probably beat USA and then go home.

Sometimes life just ain't fair.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:39 - Oct 5 with 2429 viewsrobith

Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:04 - Oct 5 by isawqpratwcity

Yes, ok, maybe England should have beaten Wales. They didn't. But it was always pushing it uphill with a pointy stick to think that they'd beat Australia to make up for it.

I think the tournament is South Africa's, unless NZ can shake off the nervous nellies and start playing properly.

And as for the Wallabies "farewell tour"?

Dream on.

Tbh, South Africa are prettty dreadful. They're really old - Japan showed if you move them about they'll tire badly. Scotland decided to run in straight line at them, and provided no challenge
Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:43 - Oct 5 with 2428 viewsElHoop

Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:39 - Oct 5 by robith

Tbh, South Africa are prettty dreadful. They're really old - Japan showed if you move them about they'll tire badly. Scotland decided to run in straight line at them, and provided no challenge

South Africa look like the stone of the scissors, papers and stones of world rugby. I don't think that they're very mobile anyway. I'm not too sure about NZ either. Australia looking the most likely winners at the moment, but France are usually even more unreliable than normal in World Cups and the simple task of being shite against good teams is sometimes beyond them.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:31 - Oct 5 with 2366 viewsMrSheen

Not intending to reopen the Union v League debate, but here's a chance to see how the NRL final went into extra time.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:03 - Oct 13 with 2245 viewsrobith

Sorry bit late this week as I've been busy - it's my last few days at my current job, might have to start writing it in advance

https://medium.com/@rbrtdnnllnn/rob-s-rugby-world-cup-weekend-4-round-up-81617f8
Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:42 - Oct 13 with 2205 viewslondonscottish

Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:03 - Oct 13 by robith

Sorry bit late this week as I've been busy - it's my last few days at my current job, might have to start writing it in advance

https://medium.com/@rbrtdnnllnn/rob-s-rugby-world-cup-weekend-4-round-up-81617f8

Good report and I am delighted to hear that Scotland got the gay vote. They'll need all the support they can get. And a a bit more.

I hope Oz aren't out of sight at half time. But I can see it happening.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:45 - Oct 13 with 2170 viewsEastR

Enjoyed that Rob, an excellent summing up of the weekends events.
I think Ireland will have their work cut out against the Pumas this weekend, not only in the forward line where they are traditionally strong, but also in the back line. Argentina are the highest scoring team in the competition so far, and with Ireland sharing the meanest points against defence (with Australia) it’s going to be a very tight outcome either way.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:24 - Oct 13 with 2154 viewsdermyqpr

Thanks for that Rob. It was crazy here in Ireland for the so-called Super Sunday. Everywhere was packed for stage 1 ( stage 2 was almost completed, Mr Keogh's misplaced header saw to that)
We saw an Irish SQUAD do their country proud. Once the French had missed their first two kick ( buacious le dia!!) we owned that game and we refused to let those damn injuries deny us ( cheers boyos).
I cannot see us winning TRWC but we will give it a damn good try and you know a Paul o O'Connell in the dressing room......... What a fcuking man!!!!
Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:49 - Oct 13 with 2135 viewsrobith

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:24 - Oct 13 by dermyqpr

Thanks for that Rob. It was crazy here in Ireland for the so-called Super Sunday. Everywhere was packed for stage 1 ( stage 2 was almost completed, Mr Keogh's misplaced header saw to that)
We saw an Irish SQUAD do their country proud. Once the French had missed their first two kick ( buacious le dia!!) we owned that game and we refused to let those damn injuries deny us ( cheers boyos).
I cannot see us winning TRWC but we will give it a damn good try and you know a Paul o O'Connell in the dressing room......... What a fcuking man!!!!

Paulie's finally been completely ruled out.

Devastated. Such a player shouldn't have a career end like that, but such is sport.

So many memories of the big fan, but a naughty favourite is definitely when Jamie Cudmore was punching him in the face, and Paulie was just taking them, alerting the referee. Once the ref had noticed, Paulie knocked seven shades of shite out him
Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:01 - Oct 13 with 2129 viewsNoelmc

Really enjoying your blogs Rob. I was lucky enough to be in Cardiff for the Ireland match on Sunday - fantastic atmosphere. Like you I was so proud of the Ireland team and their performance. I'm really hoping they can beat Argentina this weekend as I have tickets for the second semi-final at Twickenham, which could end up Ireland v Australia. However it's going to be tough against the Pumas particularly with the key missing personnel.

Keep up the great work.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:37 - Oct 13 with 2108 viewsrobith

Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:01 - Oct 13 by Noelmc

Really enjoying your blogs Rob. I was lucky enough to be in Cardiff for the Ireland match on Sunday - fantastic atmosphere. Like you I was so proud of the Ireland team and their performance. I'm really hoping they can beat Argentina this weekend as I have tickets for the second semi-final at Twickenham, which could end up Ireland v Australia. However it's going to be tough against the Pumas particularly with the key missing personnel.

Keep up the great work.

I was offered tickets, but I have semi tickets if we make it, so I held off. I would've been a proper mess had I been there.

Argentina are a fine side, but I think the way NZ finished them by pinning them back in their final third was similar to what we did to France. There are injuries yes, but at the moment we have replacements. Paulie is irreplaceable but Henderson had a wonderful game and I wanted him to start. Donnacha Ryan will come in, the man is hard as nails and has a great record vs Argentina. O'Brien is likely to be banned, but Chris Henry is a brilliant player who we won the 6N with at 7 when SOB was injured.

No mistakes, it's gonna be a battle, but I'm 60% certain we can win it as we'll be a bit cleverer than them.

Sadly we have to play Aus if we get through who have looked exceptional AND will basically have had a gimme vs Scotland
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024