Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby World Cup Thread 15:39 - Sep 15 with 33058 viewskingsburyR

I don't think someone has started one yet.

Can't see past New Zealand but Ill have a cheeky £10 on the Aussies who always come good in a world cup.

And Bet of the week is for the Aussies to come top of England's group @ 2/1

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:48 - Sep 19 with 2962 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:30 - Sep 19 by MrSheen

A French team in red? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Arsenal in the noughties!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:49 - Sep 19 with 2962 viewsBlackCrowe

That Japan performance was out of this world. What a game. And big shout to the Saffer fans who clapped Japan of the pitch. This could be a great tournament.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:32 - Sep 19 with 2914 viewsToast_R

Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:49 - Sep 19 by BlackCrowe

That Japan performance was out of this world. What a game. And big shout to the Saffer fans who clapped Japan of the pitch. This could be a great tournament.

Fortune favours the brave. Could have gone for the draw with the kick but opted for the scrum and got the fairytale try. Wonderful stuff.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:40 - Sep 19 with 2900 viewsbobby

nippy those japs..

http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:20 - Sep 19 with 2859 viewsconnell10

Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:59 - Sep 18 by Monahoop

Like you I much prefer League to Union. A bit more skill involved and faster than stop, start, often boring Union. I don't affiliate to any clubs, but just enjoy watching it now and again. However I shall probably watch some of the World Cup if not doing anything else. Haven't a clue who might win it. Loads of Irish going over to watch it. Always makes me laugh over here, the number of people who say they are rugger fans and haven't the foggiest about the rules or the history of the game. Many I have spoken to or know seem quite smug. Just enjoy denouncing football [ soccer over here, ugh! ] or even GAA sports.

Plenty of people like that watch football mate, everyones a expert theses days ,i blame sky!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 02:48 - Sep 20 with 2783 viewsisawqpratwcity

Fantastic effort by Japan. Apparently they were awarded a late penalty and could have kicked it over to draw the game, but they said "F*ck it!" (or some Japanese equivalent) and went for the try and the win.

Stand tall, little brothers!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:46 - Sep 20 with 2747 viewsLblock

Well done to Jalan

I'm looking forward to attending Saffers v USA now!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:19 - Sep 20 with 2743 viewsjohncharles

A lot will be said about effort and determination and bravery and all that but what I saw was a team playing wonderful flowing rugby. They played a beautiful passing game. Stunning.

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:30 - Sep 20 with 2736 viewsElHoop

Japan stages the next World Cup, so they were always likely to show some improvement, but not many would have expected this much. They now face Scotland on Wednesday, which will be tough as the Scots haven't played yet.

Here's the Betfair lays for the game - not too many backed Japan - the big prices would have been before the game I should think as nobody would have laid 400 etc once Japan got going.

100 £0 £98
110 £193
120 £407
130 £58
140 £124
150 £160
160 £86
170 £7
180 £123
190 £78
200 £400
210 £0 £103
220 £201
230 £94
240 £152
250 £98
260 £0 £135
270 £89
280 £47
300 £101
310 £4
320 £8
330 £2
340 £4
350 £45
360 £8
370 £2
380 £4
390 £27
400 £53
420 £4
Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:30 - Sep 20 with 2666 viewsMrSheen

Two yellows for NZ, four points down just before ht.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:41 - Sep 20 with 2654 viewsToast_R

Well under par from the AB. Be great if they fook up their first game too.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:14 - Sep 20 with 2598 viewsKiwi76

Argentina played well & got stuck into us as they did when played in NZ.
Win & no injuries will do for starters.
Good start for McCaw PR machine as well
Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:54 - Sep 20 with 2563 viewsElHoop

It's been harder work than expected for the bigger teams so far when they've played supposedly developing rugby nations. I don't know whether or not this will be repeated in the second sets of games, or whether fatigue will set in a bit.

Anyhow Argentina are not second rate and it was a good game today I thought. Both teams should get through the group and neither of them would be a pushover in the quarters. It's been good so far - best World Cup ever if it continues like this
Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:13 - Sep 22 with 2439 viewsrobith

Been trying my hand at the old blogging for this tourney and wrote a little summary of the first weekend's action

https://medium.com/@rbrtdnnllnn/rwc-2015-weekend-1-18affb570614
Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:20 - Sep 22 with 2435 viewsDiscodroids

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:13 - Sep 22 by robith

Been trying my hand at the old blogging for this tourney and wrote a little summary of the first weekend's action

very good mate, enjoyed reading that with my coffee.

keep it up!

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:26 - Sep 22 with 2429 viewsElHoop

Excellent - someone who knows something about rugby (unlike me)!

No Guinness anywhere in the WC - all Murphy's due to sponsorship deal.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:34 - Sep 22 with 2382 viewsjamois

Jonathan Joseph out of Saturday's match? Along with Brown probably our most creative spark. And Wales lost a centre too. That evens things up I suppose.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:03 - Sep 22 with 2352 viewsjohncharles

Great stuff. Another pleasant surprise this World Cup has brought.

(And Christ knows I need a pleasant surprise after Wales' injury list )

Strong and stable my arse.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:14 - Sep 22 with 2346 viewsWilloW4

Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:26 - Sep 22 by ElHoop

Excellent - someone who knows something about rugby (unlike me)!

No Guinness anywhere in the WC - all Murphy's due to sponsorship deal.

WOT NO GUINNESS ??.. Bah bleedin' humbug... As for murphys, nearly as bad as London stout.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:19 - Sep 22 with 2340 viewsNoelmc

Enjoyed your blog. I'm going to the Ireland v Romania match too & really looking forward to it. COYBIG!
Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:34 - Sep 22 with 2305 viewsjohnhoop

Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:34 - Sep 22 by jamois

Jonathan Joseph out of Saturday's match? Along with Brown probably our most creative spark. And Wales lost a centre too. That evens things up I suppose.

Joseph is a very creative player but hopefully they'll bring Henry Slade in to replace him and he's extremely creative as well. I'm just hoping that Lancaster partners him with Sam Burgess instead of Barritt.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:41 - Sep 22 with 2292 viewsjamois

Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:34 - Sep 22 by johnhoop

Joseph is a very creative player but hopefully they'll bring Henry Slade in to replace him and he's extremely creative as well. I'm just hoping that Lancaster partners him with Sam Burgess instead of Barritt.

I kind of agree. Not that I'm totally sold on Burgess yet (he should be playing at flanker I think like he does for his club) but I am sold on Barritt - he's the James Milner of the side yet less reliable - steady but uninspiring and never going to set the world alight or be a match winner. All of course in my humble and fairly ignorant opinion

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:04 - Sep 23 with 2238 viewsElHoop

Terrible news in the pipeline - it seems that they intend to start with Owen Farrell against Wales. I've seen England a couple of times in recent years and both times I thought that Farrell was poor and poor with poor discipline at that. I fear the worst on Saturday. What was going to be something to look forward to has now degenerated into a 'when will he balls it up' experience. Hopefully I'll be wrong and Farrell has grown up into a reliable big boy rugby player, but somehow I doubt it.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:30 - Sep 23 with 2214 viewsIsleworthranger

I am not the biggest Rugby fan by any means but living in the shadow of Twickenham Stadium I decided to give it a go seeing as its doubtful I will see this occasion on my doorstep in my lifetime again

Managed to get 2 official tickets for the opening game but they set me back £215 each!! but then again I have tickets for tonights France v Romania game at the olymoic Stadium and they were only £20 each so I keep telling myself it has evened out a bit

Also got bot q/f games at Twickenham which cost £90 each which is not too bad but as we have Birmingham away it looks likely now that England will get through the group stages and play on the same day so that will stuff me up
Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:35 - Sep 23 with 2210 viewsHunterhoop

Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:04 - Sep 23 by ElHoop

Terrible news in the pipeline - it seems that they intend to start with Owen Farrell against Wales. I've seen England a couple of times in recent years and both times I thought that Farrell was poor and poor with poor discipline at that. I fear the worst on Saturday. What was going to be something to look forward to has now degenerated into a 'when will he balls it up' experience. Hopefully I'll be wrong and Farrell has grown up into a reliable big boy rugby player, but somehow I doubt it.

Slightly strange view.

Ford is undoubtedly more creative, but, and it may be my poor memory, I don't recall Farrell having discipline issues.

Farrell is undoubtedly better with the boot too. Ford left 6 points out there on Sat. Against the best nations it's difficult to do that and win. Farrell is also much bigger and stronger and, therefore, much better defensively. Fiji targeted Ford with their ball carriers and had success.

The big question is can Farrell build anything like the relationship Ford has with his Bath colleagues in Joseph and Watson? The answer is probably not. So England with Farrell are likely to be less exciting and dynamic. BUT, as Joseph is out injured of the Wales game, you could argue it's a moot point for this match.

Finally, Farrell actually came on and played well on Sat. He kicked his points but it was also him in who ran the support line for Joseph and managed to get the hand off to Brown for his second try. He actually had a greater impact on our attacking than Ford, if we're honest. Ford, I did not think had a good game at all, which was surprising. Nothing really came off for him.

Tbh, I'm not surprised they've done this, and I think given the type if opposition Wales are, I think it probably makes an England win more likely. But, hey, who really knows.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024