Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Food for thought from Dave Mac... 12:04 - Oct 1 with 18044 viewsGruntfuttock

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/is-ramsey-the-right-man-for-the-job-it-depend
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:05 - Oct 1 with 1993 viewsPinnerPaul

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:34 - Oct 1 by Antti_Heinola

it's a great article. Sadly won't influence a single one of the large number who made their minds up about 5 months ago and who truly believe changing the manager every time you get a couple of bad results is the way to go.

Yep!

Spot on.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:06 - Oct 1 with 1988 viewsPinnerPaul

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:36 - Oct 1 by WestbourneR

He totally misses the point. All Dave Mac's points are going on about his coaching.

Ramsey is a coach of real pedigree and it was brilliant the club started bringing in back-room staff of his calibre at last.

However we've now managed to screw it up AGAIN by making him Manager. Ramsey is not and never will be a manager - he doesn't have a tactical mind and he is not a leader.

But we're now in position where we'll be forced to sack him as a Manager and therefore lose a huge asset - a coach.

Great Coach - Average Manager. Simple as that. Why we ever confused the two I don't know.

Explain how you can be a "great coach" but have "no tactical mind"

Sorry, but that's gibberish.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:08 - Oct 1 with 1988 viewsPinnerPaul

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:42 - Oct 1 by TheBlob

Couple of bad results?
Time to cut down on the Prozac mate.

W3 D3 L3

Them's the facts, with or without the drugs
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:11 - Oct 1 with 1983 viewsNorthernr

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:04 - Oct 1 by WestbourneR

It's not a matter of forcing them to sack him. I believe he ultimately will need to be sacked because he's not a capable manager and be it this season or next results will make his position untenable. That's my belief. We'll see.

I've watched the team very closely and he has utterly failed to get us to even begin to move the ball correctly. We're a stagnant aimless mess on the pitch. Substitutions and tactics are hopeless.

My frustration is that he was a very useful coach and I'd have liked him to stay on at the club. But because he is Manager it is now all or bust.

Pleased you've watched the team very closely because I've only had a quick glance and it's nice to hear from somebody who knows what they're talking about.

Blackburn 1st half, Forest, Fulham - absolutely fcking awful.

Moved the ball very well, played very well and looked very good at times v Wolves, v Hull, v Rotherham.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:16 - Oct 1 with 1966 viewsessextaxiboy

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:08 - Oct 1 by PinnerPaul

W3 D3 L3

Them's the facts, with or without the drugs

Damn them pesky facts

Someone will be along in a minute with the Prem Stats added in .

The ones with someone elses team, contracts running out , in the top division with the window having just shut . .... those stats
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:18 - Oct 1 with 1964 viewsNorthernr

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:16 - Oct 1 by essextaxiboy

Damn them pesky facts

The ones with someone elses team, contracts running out , in the top division with the window having just shut . .... those stats

And King Joey, who we need back and miss terribly.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:26 - Oct 1 with 1943 viewsWokingR

Damn them pesky facts

Oh god, now I'm really confused
Are we going to get him or not ?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:29 - Oct 1 with 1935 viewsDevonWhite

Superb article. Find it hard to understand how people can seriously want to go back to how things were under Hughes/Redknapp.
Login to get fewer ads

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:29 - Oct 1 with 1933 viewsYorkRanger

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:06 - Oct 1 by simmo

Exactly, a very good article that frames points well, but people have made their choice. The same people screaming for a change to happen - "many said they were sick of short-termism and wanted to see something sustainable built." - this is what it looks like, but people want us to dominate and to hell with the rest of it.

Fundementally I think as we're such a varied fan base, we all want something different for QPR. The club are addressing the main areas I personally wanted them to, so in that respect I can take poorer performances and results. Others won't and the failures of the past seem lost on them

I'm with you Simmo. Mid Table this season would be fine with me, whilst we re-shape the team and apply the new philosophy.

Whether Ramsey is the long term answer who knows, however there is no point changing managers whilst we are on this journey as a club.

That said (whilst I didnt see it) Fulham was dreadful. He cannot afford many more meltdowns like that. The Brentford game will be huge in many ways.....
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:34 - Oct 1 with 1929 viewsAntti_Heinola

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:42 - Oct 1 by TheBlob

Couple of bad results?
Time to cut down on the Prozac mate.

fat chance. i can't come on here without taking it or I'd take my own life reading some off the bilge on here these days.
Some fans have turned into a bunch of whiny, gimme-now, petulant, moody, demanding cnts these days. Almost as bad as the players they're reacting to. I was stood next to a bloke on Friday who blamed Onuoha for every single thing on the pitch. Luongo lost the ball - 'Onuoha! tell him not to do that!' Poor cross by Phillips, 'get him going Onuoha!'
It's pathetic, frankly.
This is a club where the fans congratulate themselves for singing 'we're fkn sh!t' for half an hour, as if it's some great achievement.
Cut down on the Prozac? I need a fcking van load of it, mate.

Bare bones.

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:35 - Oct 1 with 1929 viewsdaveB

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:36 - Oct 1 by WestbourneR

He totally misses the point. All Dave Mac's points are going on about his coaching.

Ramsey is a coach of real pedigree and it was brilliant the club started bringing in back-room staff of his calibre at last.

However we've now managed to screw it up AGAIN by making him Manager. Ramsey is not and never will be a manager - he doesn't have a tactical mind and he is not a leader.

But we're now in position where we'll be forced to sack him as a Manager and therefore lose a huge asset - a coach.

Great Coach - Average Manager. Simple as that. Why we ever confused the two I don't know.

Thats probably why he is first team coach rather than the manager
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:38 - Oct 1 with 1918 viewsLondon_Pride

We are football fans therefore long term strategy is defined as thinking about the game after next. It was amazing how all the 'Ramsey Out' volume goes up and down based on the last result.

Every word that Dave M. says is true. If we are serious about moving away from relying on overpaid under-motivated past it journeymen, then it will take a minimum of 2/3 years to re-engineer the squad into a competitive team. That is it - get used to it.

Our only hope is that in the meantime Uncle Tony stops trying to appease the fans - or has the cheque book taken away from him.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:41 - Oct 1 with 1907 viewsLblock

Damn them pesky facts

Can't argue with those mid-table facts looked at in isolation.

You'll completely ignore performances or the manner of the wins
You'll ignore Wolves and Rotherham's keepers performances
You'll accept that Foolham was a one off and not that it had been coming
You'll carry on wearing rose tinted spec's just as you did with Redknapp.

It'll all be okay.
I'm off to feed the ducky-wuckies

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:43 - Oct 1 with 1911 viewsWestbourneR

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:06 - Oct 1 by PinnerPaul

Explain how you can be a "great coach" but have "no tactical mind"

Sorry, but that's gibberish.

Pinner - let me try to show why I don't think it's gibberush at all.

A coach can work with a player on individual skills and be good at it. He can also nurtue young talent and bring them on.

Tactics are about formations and overall team style - and crucially resutst.

These things don't matter too much when you're a youth coach. It doesn't really matter if the team wins or loses at youth level.

So Ramsey CAN be a good coach and poor tatician.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:46 - Oct 1 with 1904 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:43 - Oct 1 by WestbourneR

A coach can work with a player on individual skills and be good at it. He can also nurtue young talent and bring them on.

These things don't matter too much when you're a youth coach. It doesn't really matter if the team wins or loses at youth level.

My wife told me I didn't have a 'tactful mind' after I complimented her moustache.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:49 - Oct 1 with 1868 viewsHunterhoop

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:43 - Oct 1 by WestbourneR

Ramsey "managed" Eng U20s to win the Youth Team WC, I believe. He also "managed" a US side to promotion, if I recall correctly.

Google the football league article on him from a month or so back. He's got experience and is qualified to the hilt as a coach. People just don't know him because it's not experience running one of the teams in Eng's top 4 divisions.

It's a great article. I'm in full agreement. Change is never easy. Keep him. Keep the plan. Push through it. Review in the summer and again the following year.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:58 - Oct 1 with 1854 viewsWilloW4

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:46 - Oct 1 by FredManRave

Fall on deaf ears you say;

2nd comment on the article: "Chris is wrong man and remains so whatever arguments you state".

Surely Ramsey is QPR manager as long as Les is DOF... If one of them gets the bullet, the other will leave(sacked) soon as..? Just a thought.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:13 - Oct 1 with 1829 viewsNorthernr

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:58 - Oct 1 by WilloW4

Surely Ramsey is QPR manager as long as Les is DOF... If one of them gets the bullet, the other will leave(sacked) soon as..? Just a thought.

That would be a very QPR thing to do - the DOF system supposedly being there to provide a constant at the club when managers are sacked.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:18 - Oct 1 with 1823 viewsfakekerby

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:34 - Oct 1 by Antti_Heinola

it's a great article. Sadly won't influence a single one of the large number who made their minds up about 5 months ago and who truly believe changing the manager every time you get a couple of bad results is the way to go.

If some people didn't want him 5 months ago and he's done so far a pretty bad job - then what do you expect people to want?

I didn't want him 5 months ago, I don't want him now - it doesn't mean I want to change manager every few bad results, not at all. It just means I want somebody I trust to lead this club for the next few years in charge.

Warnock & Holloway experienced bad results at times, I stood behind them both regardless, I was proud to have them in charge; I enjoyed how the team played and what the spirit amongst the group of players seemed to be.

My favourite time as a fan was under Holloway in League One - what a great team, manager, ethos, the lot.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:19 - Oct 1 with 1821 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:13 - Oct 1 by Northernr

That would be a very QPR thing to do - the DOF system supposedly being there to provide a constant at the club when managers are sacked.

If Les Ferdinand gets sacked for anything short of taking a shite on Jude the Cat, i'm going to burn the Upper Loft down.

If the recent transfer policy is down to him, as alluded to in Dave Mc's article, then he will be the redeemer of this club.

Plus he's Les Ferdinand.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 15:20]
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:34 - Oct 1 with 1789 viewsjamois

It's a good piece. I'm almost sold. Hung parliament.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:42 - Oct 1 with 1778 viewsBklynRanger

I think all of the disgust and virtiol about Friday night was quite justified. The problem arises when we all try to put ourselves in the position of Football Executive, sliding Ramsey out and bringing Generic Jim Successful Football Manager in. It's not that simple and it's not what we're supposed to be doing this season. Keeping Austin and Phillips really is a poison chalice for Ramsey at this point.

Good article certainly, and worth bringing up the fact that Olly got us up on his third attempt with a decent budget. We forget that, or maybe it's just me. Seemed like Dave McIntytre had an underlying point in the 'face doesn't fit' repetition that he maybe should have made.

BUT, something needs to be have been done already about getting in a Gerry Francis to help with the defence. If that was the idea then they need to stick with it because the need is definitely not going away. That could end up being the final straw for Ramsey, sooner or later.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:47 - Oct 1 with 1768 viewsWilloW4

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:13 - Oct 1 by Northernr

Supposedly.. Being the operative word northerner .. I want sir les to succeed at the R's... But...!?
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:52 - Oct 1 with 1753 viewsGetMeRangers

I am delighted that Dave Mac has written that. It reminds me precisely what I felt at the beginning of the season and why I can temper poor results (Fulham aside) with the intrigue of a club changing direction and returning to being more like the one I grew up supporting.

It may not work out. Perhaps I should be more passionate about demanding promotion 'with our squad'. However, it wont surprise others on here that I want him to be given as much time as possible to complete the job he was employed to do.

It might not do any harm, though, to have the likes of Gerry by his side, but unfortunately he ruled himself out

CR will get the heave ho in December if he cant manage decent performances and possibly results in a tricky month of fixtures, IMO
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 15:54 - Oct 1 with 1748 viewsfrancisbowles

I think it's a great article which I fully endorse. We are not in a relegation fight at present, we haven't lost more than we have won. Ok the defence has been poor and we have just had an awful result and performance.

It has hardly reached crisis point!

Time for a bit of stability and a chance to see if we can get this together. Whether the aim is now promotion or midtable is largely irrelevant. The trick is to get some results whilst we develop our new way. If we can then an improved league position will follow and lead who knows where.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024