Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Food for thought from Dave Mac... 12:04 - Oct 1 with 18037 viewsGruntfuttock

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/is-ramsey-the-right-man-for-the-job-it-depend
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 18:53 - Oct 1 with 1950 viewsPinnerPaul

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 14:43 - Oct 1 by WestbourneR

Pinner - let me try to show why I don't think it's gibberush at all.

A coach can work with a player on individual skills and be good at it. He can also nurtue young talent and bring them on.

Tactics are about formations and overall team style - and crucially resutst.

These things don't matter too much when you're a youth coach. It doesn't really matter if the team wins or loses at youth level.

So Ramsey CAN be a good coach and poor tatician.

Sorry Westbourne, original comment was a bit harsh - always happy to engage in a civilised debate - L Block - YOU should try it! ;-)

Can see, in part, what you're saying, but stretching it a bit to say he can coach individual players but not a team?

Not having that - sorry!
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 18:59 - Oct 1 with 1937 viewsPinnerPaul

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:19 - Oct 1 by stevec

It's like Fulham never actually happened. As if the interminable dross being dished up month after month is a figment of my imagination.

I'm off to the Doctors.

"month after month"?
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 19:18 - Oct 1 with 1899 viewsstuabd

It's a nice article but the reality is that how many of the 'keep Ramsay' team would still want him if we put together, say, 4-5 more Fulham performances over the next month?

My guess is Essextaxiboy will be on his own. DaveB will even have deserted him!
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 19:29 - Oct 1 with 1883 viewsessextaxiboy

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 16:59 - Oct 1 by WilloW4

So what positives do you see.. With blue tinted specs on or otherwise?

My reply was a bit glib , apologies LBlock if you are around.
Positives ? Sandro getting fit , (I think the defence has been exposed by Henry) , the form of Hall , our league position after an inconsistent start, 2.away wins against promotion contenders . An International break whilst Charlie is out and I am going to Lanzarote next Wednesday ...all good
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 19:34 - Oct 1 with 1876 viewsDevonWhite

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:19 - Oct 1 by stevec

It's like Fulham never actually happened. As if the interminable dross being dished up month after month is a figment of my imagination.

I'm off to the Doctors.

We got humped at Fulham under Warnock. We were 3-0 down there before halftime under Redknapp. Mark Hughes lost 6-1 at Chelsea.

Changing the manager does not solve the problem.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 19:50 - Oct 1 with 1842 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Ramsey is first team coach, not manager. We don't have a manager any more, the workload of running the club is spread out between Chairman, Director of Football and coaches.

I don't want the manager sacked, I want a more proficient first team coach put in place.

Ramsey is not up to the job, never has been and never will be.

Getting a replacement is a little more difficult than than saying "Get Pearson in!" or any other manager that happens to be free at the moment, because we don't have the set up for a manager. We need a replacement coach... NOT A MANAGER!

This is how Watford is run and we are going down the same road, only no one seems able to tell Ramsey to do one!
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 19:59 - Oct 1 with 1825 viewspaulparker

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 13:34 - Oct 1 by Antti_Heinola

it's a great article. Sadly won't influence a single one of the large number who made their minds up about 5 months ago and who truly believe changing the manager every time you get a couple of bad results is the way to go.

And you say I talk nonsense
It's not a couple of bad results is it , bar about 5 games we have been woeful under him for 7 months
He has Austin, Phillips, Sandro, Fer, Luango,Gladwin , Ned, Green, chery ,faurlin , perch ,Mackie ,
If you can't get a decent team or play decent football out of that lot then is something wrong with you ,
We have conceded just over 2 goals a game , dumped out the league cup by a div 2 team , made our rivals look like Real Madrid , play terrible football , the list goes on
The man is out if his depth and if he wasn't a mate of les then he wouldn't be a manager

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 20:06 - Oct 1 with 1807 viewsLblock

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 19:29 - Oct 1 by essextaxiboy

My reply was a bit glib , apologies LBlock if you are around.
Positives ? Sandro getting fit , (I think the defence has been exposed by Henry) , the form of Hall , our league position after an inconsistent start, 2.away wins against promotion contenders . An International break whilst Charlie is out and I am going to Lanzarote next Wednesday ...all good

No need for apologies mate -- apparently I'm not much of a debater (many would say a big mass one) but I'm certainly not precious!!

The positives you highlight are just that, although I'm thinking more and more Clive might be right in his "Sandro Theory"

The funny thing is... I really want YOU to be right, yourself and all the others saying stick. I would love the R's to become the force I knew and loved 3 decades ago -- picking up rough diamonds, generating our own and giving it large to the bigger clubs. The money being splashed around never sat right with me and I still get sick at the thought of the wages we're paying players.

Lets hope a set of stocks can be erected and I'm put in them with Benny throwing the most rotten of fruit at my bald bonce

Enjoy Lanzarote -- hope the winds aren't up over there (unless you're going windsurfing of course!!)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 20:17 - Oct 1 with 1785 viewskensalriser

Out of our nine league games this season, can someone tell me if we've played well for a full 90 minutes and won the game?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 20:17 - Oct 1 with 1783 viewsDevonWhite

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 19:59 - Oct 1 by paulparker

It's not a couple of bad results is it , bar about 5 games we have been woeful under him for 7 months
He has Austin, Phillips, Sandro, Fer, Luango,Gladwin , Ned, Green, chery ,faurlin , perch ,Mackie ,
If you can't get a decent team or play decent football out of that lot then is something wrong with you ,
We have conceded just over 2 goals a game , dumped out the league cup by a div 2 team , made our rivals look like Real Madrid , play terrible football , the list goes on
The man is out if his depth and if he wasn't a mate of les then he wouldn't be a manager

We lose to lower league teams in the cup every year ffs.

And half of those players you list are or have been injured for long periods.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 20:26 - Oct 1 with 1758 viewsessextaxiboy

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 20:17 - Oct 1 by kensalriser

Out of our nine league games this season, can someone tell me if we've played well for a full 90 minutes and won the game?

No ..The best we have played was the first 30 min at Charlton IMO . But we have won 3 times .
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 20:37 - Oct 1 with 1749 viewsPhilmyRs

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 19:59 - Oct 1 by paulparker

'If you can't get a decent team or play decent football out of that lot'. You do realise that 'that lot' has had 2 players unavailable (Sandro and Fer) one struggling for fitness (Mackie), 2 from the league below that have minimal experience of this level (Gladwin and Llongo) 1 whose form has deserted him and has clearly been affected by transfer talk (Phillips), 1 feeling his way back from 3, yes 3 serious injuries (Faurlin)1 new to this country so still adapting (Chery) and one that since he's arrived and who we all thought would slot in Danny Simpson style but has played embarrassingly (Perch). To criticise Ramsey with the 'look at our squad' line is very unfair. fair enough if they'd been available. They haven't.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 20:51 - Oct 1 with 1730 viewsdaveB

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 19:18 - Oct 1 by stuabd

It's a nice article but the reality is that how many of the 'keep Ramsay' team would still want him if we put together, say, 4-5 more Fulham performances over the next month?

well obviously if we lose 4-0 every week he's not going to keep his job
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 21:04 - Oct 1 with 1708 viewspaulparker

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 20:17 - Oct 1 by DevonWhite

We lose to lower league teams in the cup every year ffs.

And half of those players you list are or have been injured for long periods.

Oh that's alright then , lets just write off all cup games under Ramsey shall we , FFS

Green, Austin, Phillips,perch , faurlin , Ned , Luango , Gladwin , chery have all been injured have they ??
Add the 2 highly rated Watford players as well and you have one of the best squads in this league
The excuses for Ramsey are as poor as the football he serves up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 21:23 - Oct 1 with 1675 viewsPhilmyRs

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 21:04 - Oct 1 by paulparker

Oh that's alright then , lets just write off all cup games under Ramsey shall we , FFS

Green, Austin, Phillips,perch , faurlin , Ned , Luango , Gladwin , chery have all been injured have they ??
Add the 2 highly rated Watford players as well and you have one of the best squads in this league

Gladwin and Luango are from the league below. They're young and are in no way the finished articles, they're still developing. Chery is new to both the league and country. He needs time. As I've said they're nursing faurlin back slowly, he's hardly played in 3 years. On paper the squad is great and should excel but a lot of factors make it not that simple. You seem to see the names and expect to walk it, I think it's just as important to look at the bigger picture.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 21:37 - Oct 1 with 1648 viewsessextaxiboy

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 19:18 - Oct 1 by stuabd

Pep Guardiola wouldnt keep his job after 5 performances like that . I would like to think thats as bad a single performance as its going to get ..
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 21:46 - Oct 1 with 1633 viewsstansleftfoot

And equally the reasons, if that is what they are, are as unreasonable.
If one goes through the quality of individual players form game by game it is simply not at the required level to sustain a run of consistent wins.
Clearly many vocal followers of QPR, they can't be called supporters because they very vocally fail to support what is being attempted by the owners, the CEO and the Football management at the Club.
The clear evidence is that Ramsey is attempting to establish a Club playing philosophy, this "philosophy" has been supported by funding from the owners and supplied by our DOF Ferdinands purchases.
As a result we have seem the club pick up one out of three points, 50% of an automatic promotion target in the first 9 matchs.
The negativity delivered by these followers base their view of Ramsey being incapable on his performance with a Premiership squad that was favourite for relegation when he took over.
That performance then, in their minds, colours his performance with an entirely new group of players and a Charlie Austin who is being coached a totally new role.
However; this view of his current failure and therefore his presumed future failure is based on what?
That the players are going to continue to make individual errors en masse, or that they continue to pick up a point in every match?
This is a new season, it is creating current problems for Chris Ramsey; injuries, no strikers, players fitness, lack of support from "SUPPORTERS" the games, players form.
It is on his current problems Chris Ramsey's management and coaching must be judged given the difficulties he has with Players form it could easily get worse.
Just how a manager is to prevent Luongo and Chery missing simple schoolboy chances, Experienced midfielders passing to opposition strikers within 20 yards of goal, Keepers failing to catch the ball, Full backs failing to stop crosses, Centre halves failing to clear their lines.
Time will tell, it would be sheer madness to get rid of Ramsey now, maybe he is short handed, but the cry for his sacking will only make a very hard job even harder.
Dave's use of the term CR is the wrong man for the job, is hypothetical and he answers it by saying, currently, he is the only man for the job.
Most of the work needed to be done to remedy our points total needs to be done on the pitch by the Players...sacking Ramsey wont change that!
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 22:00 - Oct 1 with 1609 viewsTheBlob

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 21:46 - Oct 1 by stansleftfoot

If one goes through the quality of individual players form game by game it is simply not at the required level to sustain a run of consistent wins.
Clearly many vocal followers of QPR, they can't be called supporters because they very vocally fail to support what is being attempted by the owners, the CEO and the Football management at the Club.
The clear evidence is that Ramsey is attempting to establish a Club playing philosophy, this "philosophy" has been supported by funding from the owners and supplied by our DOF Ferdinands purchases.
As a result we have seem the club pick up one out of three points, 50% of an automatic promotion target in the first 9 matchs.
The negativity delivered by these followers base their view of Ramsey being incapable on his performance with a Premiership squad that was favourite for relegation when he took over.
That performance then, in their minds, colours his performance with an entirely new group of players and a Charlie Austin who is being coached a totally new role.
However; this view of his current failure and therefore his presumed future failure is based on what?
That the players are going to continue to make individual errors en masse, or that they continue to pick up a point in every match?
This is a new season, it is creating current problems for Chris Ramsey; injuries, no strikers, players fitness, lack of support from "SUPPORTERS" the games, players form.
It is on his current problems Chris Ramsey's management and coaching must be judged given the difficulties he has with Players form it could easily get worse.
Just how a manager is to prevent Luongo and Chery missing simple schoolboy chances, Experienced midfielders passing to opposition strikers within 20 yards of goal, Keepers failing to catch the ball, Full backs failing to stop crosses, Centre halves failing to clear their lines.
Time will tell, it would be sheer madness to get rid of Ramsey now, maybe he is short handed, but the cry for his sacking will only make a very hard job even harder.
Dave's use of the term CR is the wrong man for the job, is hypothetical and he answers it by saying, currently, he is the only man for the job.
Most of the work needed to be done to remedy our points total needs to be done on the pitch by the Players...sacking Ramsey wont change that!

My views differ from yours but please don't tell me I don't deserve to be called a supporter.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 22:03 - Oct 1 with 1600 viewspaulparker

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 21:23 - Oct 1 by PhilmyRs

Gladwin and Luango are from the league below. They're young and are in no way the finished articles, they're still developing. Chery is new to both the league and country. He needs time. As I've said they're nursing faurlin back slowly, he's hardly played in 3 years. On paper the squad is great and should excel but a lot of factors make it not that simple. You seem to see the names and expect to walk it, I think it's just as important to look at the bigger picture.

No one has said they are the finished articles
But they are good young players who should be able to make the step up to the championship,
If you look at players such as Ritchie,Wilson, Gray , asselombago ( forest) elphick, actually most of brentfords and bournmouths players have all shown there isn't much between the leagues so that argument doesn't run true
We have been rank this year if we had played well and lost then yes look at the bigger picture
But we haven't played well, we are disorganised and look clueless
Ramsey has been found wanting against Cardiff,Blackburn, charlton , Forrest , Carlisle & Fulham
All very average and poor teams ,
his picking of Henry the dropping of Hall the subbing of chery , these are all Ramseys choices
One thing those who want Ramsey can't answer is why we are so poor at the back and why it hasn't been addressed
The man is supposed to be a great coach , if he is why have we continued to look so amateur since February
Also everyone was praising Ramsey for getting the best out of Phillips , well Phillips bar Wolves has been poor this season so is that not down to Ramsey
We all agree that the club needed re shaping but that doesn't mean we have to settle for the cheap option or les mate

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 22:09 - Oct 1 with 1589 viewsNorthernr

On the cup game point, it is not only disgraceful but it's a damn shame that we lose every year at the first and most embarrassing opportunity in the cups. If we're talking about philosophies and ethos and this and that then we should be a club that treats every game like it's our last, that throws everything at it. We're never going to win the premier League, we could conceivably win a cup one day - given that Wigan, Tranmere, leicester, Cardiff, Barnsley etc have been to finals and semi-finals. It's a bloody shame that we're deliberately ducking out of the two cups every year in some constant pursuit of that holy grail of finishing 17th in Richard Scudamore's cash cow every year.

But that's not a Ramsey problem. Ramsey is being hammered because we don't look like we're going to be promoted this season, Neil Warnock openly said he was furious was Kaspars Gorkss for nearly equalising at Blackburn in the FA Cup one year because it could have harmed our promotion chances. So which is it? Ramsey's a fcking idiot for getting us knocked out the cup soft, or Ramsey's done the prudent thing ducking out of a competition that harms your league chances?

That's another constant that I'm not sure is going to change if/when the manager changes, because we've been fcking sht in all the cups for nearly 20 years now under a whole host of young/old experienced/inexperienced managers.

It seems an odd stick to beat him with. The last two times we won promotion, crashed and burned in the cups.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 22:16 - Oct 1 with 1571 viewsLblock

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 21:46 - Oct 1 by stansleftfoot

What next from your keyboard? Let me guess, the old chestnut -- "Go and support Chelscum then!!"

Dont try and belittle those of us who quite rightly have had concerns for some time now, not just a knee jerk from the Foolham game.

Following this club isn't a c0ck waving competition as to who's a better supporter than the next -- there's not enough of us for that.
It's QPR mate; not North Korea. We dont all smile and clap when told. It still amazes me that there's an increasing pocket of dissent amongst Gooners against Arsne Whinger. Now that there is a spoilt fan base!!!

Anyway - good luck to all in hoops on Saturday. I'm missing it so we are bound to play like Brazil of the 70's and rip Bolton to pieces!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 22:20 - Oct 1 with 1571 viewspaulparker

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 22:09 - Oct 1 by Northernr

On the cup game point, it is not only disgraceful but it's a damn shame that we lose every year at the first and most embarrassing opportunity in the cups. If we're talking about philosophies and ethos and this and that then we should be a club that treats every game like it's our last, that throws everything at it. We're never going to win the premier League, we could conceivably win a cup one day - given that Wigan, Tranmere, leicester, Cardiff, Barnsley etc have been to finals and semi-finals. It's a bloody shame that we're deliberately ducking out of the two cups every year in some constant pursuit of that holy grail of finishing 17th in Richard Scudamore's cash cow every year.

But that's not a Ramsey problem. Ramsey is being hammered because we don't look like we're going to be promoted this season, Neil Warnock openly said he was furious was Kaspars Gorkss for nearly equalising at Blackburn in the FA Cup one year because it could have harmed our promotion chances. So which is it? Ramsey's a fcking idiot for getting us knocked out the cup soft, or Ramsey's done the prudent thing ducking out of a competition that harms your league chances?

That's another constant that I'm not sure is going to change if/when the manager changes, because we've been fcking sht in all the cups for nearly 20 years now under a whole host of young/old experienced/inexperienced managers.

It seems an odd stick to beat him with. The last two times we won promotion, crashed and burned in the cups.

I agree it is disgraceful that we are poor in the cups
The difference with Warnock though is he earned the right to rest players , he kept us up the year before and started the season beating Barnsley and Sheffield Utd
When we played Blackburn in jan we were really pushing for promotion and all of us fans couldn't of given a rats about Blackburn away , if it had been Spurs or Chelsea at home then Warnock would have gone for it , we were top and hadn't been in the PL for about 15 years so Warnock was in the right for doing what he did
Ramsey on the other hand has done nothing as a manager and hasn't earned the right to be clever with that team selection against Carlisle
If les has come out and said we are consolidating and not expecting promotion then surely putting out a strong team and giving the cups a go is something Ramsey should of done ,

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 22:39 - Oct 1 with 1546 viewsPhilmyRs

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 22:03 - Oct 1 by paulparker

No one has said they are the finished articles
But they are good young players who should be able to make the step up to the championship,
If you look at players such as Ritchie,Wilson, Gray , asselombago ( forest) elphick, actually most of brentfords and bournmouths players have all shown there isn't much between the leagues so that argument doesn't run true
We have been rank this year if we had played well and lost then yes look at the bigger picture
But we haven't played well, we are disorganised and look clueless
Ramsey has been found wanting against Cardiff,Blackburn, charlton , Forrest , Carlisle & Fulham
All very average and poor teams ,
his picking of Henry the dropping of Hall the subbing of chery , these are all Ramseys choices
One thing those who want Ramsey can't answer is why we are so poor at the back and why it hasn't been addressed
The man is supposed to be a great coach , if he is why have we continued to look so amateur since February
Also everyone was praising Ramsey for getting the best out of Phillips , well Phillips bar Wolves has been poor this season so is that not down to Ramsey
We all agree that the club needed re shaping but that doesn't mean we have to settle for the cheap option or les mate

3 games won, 3 drawn and 3 lost, hardly sackable. The defensive problems you mention, well we have 3 newbies in the back line, once bedded down well be much better. Oh and appalling form from Green and Perch hasn't helped Ramsey with assessing the weaknesses back there either.. Phillips form I blame on the transfer window, not Ramsey. Once things get back to normal he'll be fine. It just seems that not enough games have been played since the window closed for a balanced view of Ramsey the manager to be taken.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 23:12 - Oct 1 with 1513 viewsozexile

I feel for Ramsey I really do. I'm still backing him but we can argue all we like if the players play as badly as they did against Fulham again they will get him sacked. Has anyone re watched it? It was horrendous. You can talk tactics all day long whatever system Ramsey plays the players still have to perform the basics.
Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 23:50 - Oct 1 with 1483 viewshoopstilidie

Food for thought from Dave Mac... on 17:55 - Oct 1 by Dorse

We moaned like fcuk because Harry did bugger all on the training field.
We're now moaning because CR does the opposite.

For what it's worth, I felt that Dave Mac was every bit as p!ssed off as we were about the Fulham result and was definitely not letting him off the hook for it. However, I completely agree with his views on the direction the club is taking.

Don't see why he'd be pissed off, he ain't a Rangers fan.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024