Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives and Negatives 19:33 - Oct 3 with 2592 viewsbaz_qpr

Lets start with the Positives

1. We won
2. We looked far more threatening going forward that at any time this season
3. JET - total revelation, wide player my arse, pace power skill 2 goals a massive threat the whole game
4. Fer- Made a massive difference , strong, skilfull , held the ball up scored a goal even did his defensive work. Has to be number one for that position
5. Sandro - Just a totally different class to Henry, strong, mobile, direct passed well
6. Chery - responded well after last week, made one scored a worldy
7 Hall - Shaky start with the rest of the defence but did well once he settled

Negatives

1. Defensive shambles, the first half and the last 20 minutes. First 20 minutes you could have driven a bus between the two centre backs and the centre backs and full backs. No protection
2. Despite personnel changes we don't seem to be able to cope with a dead straight long ball when faced with two strikers total embaressment
3. Angella , absolutely shocking performance at fault for 2 of the 3 goals and could have gifted them more. Is he a LCC or an RCB? Played RCB today having played LCB in all the previous games
4. Toszer, weak and slow, he seems to either play sidewise or backwards passes or 50 yard cornfields
5. Henry - Still poor still of the pace, shown up by Sandro
6. Playing the last 20 minutes with Henry in the number 10 position, what was that all about given the options on the bench
7. Substitutions, the first one when it came was too late, brought the right player on took the wrong player off. JET, yes he scored and it all worked out in the end, but he was shot after 70 minutes. There 3rd came about because we could no longer hold the ball
8 Green , still seems out of form, nearly cost us a goal with moment of madness, its one thing dropping or losing the ball, but what he did after that was madness and lucky to get away with it

So in summary we got out of jail, it was an exhausting game to watch. If CR wants to survive he needs to get basic defensive organisation right

Ratings

Green 5

Konchesky 5
Angella 2
Hall 6
Ned 5

Toszer 4
Henry 4

Phillips 6
Fer 8
Chery 7

JET 9

Sub: Sandro 7
Positives and Negatives on 19:39 - Oct 3 with 2551 viewseastside_r

Good summary. I probably would have scored Konchesky a 6.
Positives and Negatives on 19:42 - Oct 3 with 2529 viewsjonno

I also thought Green was at fault for the second goal, if you can't hold the shot you push it off the pitch not back in front of you. However he has the right to expect the players in front of him to bust a gut to close down the opposition shooting, not standing back and watching in admiration and allowing a huge amount of time and space to get the shot away!
Positives and Negatives on 19:45 - Oct 3 with 2510 viewsconnell10

id give green 2 and konk 7!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Positives and Negatives on 19:46 - Oct 3 with 2502 viewsqueensparker

Thought Konchesky was excellent today, him and Chery worked really well together

Two of the best goals at I've seen at Rangers for years, a last kick winner from JET with a Rodney like bit of skill, Fer and Sandro back and looking good. Prepared to forget one of the worst defensive performances from the other three defenders I've ever seen for now and enjoy it!
Positives and Negatives on 19:46 - Oct 3 with 2494 viewsted_hendrix

3. Angella , absolutely shocking performance at fault for 2 of the 3 goals and could have gifted them more. Is he a LCC or an RCB? Played RCB today having played LCB in all the previous games

Not at the game today but was he really that bad? I read so many good things about this bloke on this MB when we signed him but he doesn't seem to be 'cutting it' which is disappointing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Positives and Negatives on 19:48 - Oct 3 with 2482 viewsbaz_qpr

Positives and Negatives on 19:45 - Oct 3 by connell10

id give green 2 and konk 7!

I gave Konchesky a 5 because although going forward he was pretty decent he was part of that defensive aberration and he needs to be a leader.
Positives and Negatives on 19:48 - Oct 3 with 2481 viewsqueensparker

Positives and Negatives on 19:46 - Oct 3 by ted_hendrix

Not at the game today but was he really that bad? I read so many good things about this bloke on this MB when we signed him but he doesn't seem to be 'cutting it' which is disappointing.

He really was absolutely woeful. I don't think we won a single header at the back all game.

Judging by the Watford fans' high opinion of him let's put it down to a bad day in the office
Positives and Negatives on 19:51 - Oct 3 with 2458 viewsgobbles

No way is Green worth a 5. He as at fault for the second goal, from where I was he looked lucky not to give away a penalty when he was caught in no man's land and ran over their forward in the first round, but he was let off because the guy had got his shot off wide first.
Second half, it was him fumbling a cross rather than punching, after which we never cleared the ball until the third goal was scored. And he should have cost us the game when he ran into a striker and dropped the ball (which he was holding one-handed), because no way was that a foul and it should have been a goal.
And all that is before you start on his poor communication with his defence and the usual poor distribution.

Konchesky had a good game and linked up well with Chery, notably better than Onuoha and Phillips did on the right.
Login to get fewer ads

Positives and Negatives on 21:50 - Oct 3 with 2306 viewsessextaxiboy

Positives and Negatives on 19:39 - Oct 3 by eastside_r

Good summary. I probably would have scored Konchesky a 6.

I think Koncheskey is improving with every game .
Positives and Negatives on 22:10 - Oct 3 with 2205 viewsBklynRanger

Thanks for the summary. Very useful for those of us at the mercy of the online commentary.

They showed in the youtube channel this week that Angella has a tattoo on his ankle, I think it's Pirlo. I thought for a player in his position I'd rather it was Baresi. Still think he'll come good but it's taking a while.
Positives and Negatives on 22:28 - Oct 3 with 2109 viewsstevec

Good summary but Angela was at fault for 3rd, Christ I've never seen a centre half win so few balls, happens every game and clearly being targeted now.

Was talking to Fulham fan this week, says they weren't aware Dembele could head a ball let alone score with it, we need a loanee in fast or put Clint back in.

JET was superb, played the lone striker role exactly as it should be played.

Got to say it was shit but thoroughly enjoyable shit.
Positives and Negatives on 02:26 - Oct 4 with 1888 viewsWilloW4

Positives and Negatives on 19:48 - Oct 3 by baz_qpr

I gave Konchesky a 5 because although going forward he was pretty decent he was part of that defensive aberration and he needs to be a leader.

Isn't that Neds job ?
Positives and Negatives on 03:35 - Oct 4 with 1857 viewsMatch82

Positives and Negatives on 02:26 - Oct 4 by WilloW4

Isn't that Neds job ?

Should be everyone's job. To imply being a leader isn't a benefit unless you're captain is crazy. We got promoted under Warnock with Adel as captain but leadership from the likes of Derry and Hill.
Positives and Negatives on 04:12 - Oct 4 with 1837 viewsisawqpratwcity

Positives and Negatives on 03:35 - Oct 4 by Match82

Should be everyone's job. To imply being a leader isn't a benefit unless you're captain is crazy. We got promoted under Warnock with Adel as captain but leadership from the likes of Derry and Hill.

You're right, anyone can show leadership, but in the cases of Derry and Hill I'd bet my boots there were definite instructions from Warnock.

Giving Taarabt the captaincy was Warnock cleverly flattering him.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2015 4:16]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Positives and Negatives on 04:34 - Oct 4 with 1816 viewsMatch82

Positives and Negatives on 04:12 - Oct 4 by isawqpratwcity

You're right, anyone can show leadership, but in the cases of Derry and Hill I'd bet my boots there were definite instructions from Warnock.

Giving Taarabt the captaincy was Warnock cleverly flattering him.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2015 4:16]

Well yes, agreed, clearly Warnock didn't pick Adel as captain for his leadership qualities!
Positives and Negatives on 08:32 - Oct 4 with 1669 viewspaulparker

For the positives I do like Fer & chery interchanging that could work well in the coming weeks
Also showed some balls to come back and win
As for the negatives will someone sort out the back four we are now averaging 3 goals a game it's a joke, how about getting Dunne in to help coach the defence , also after seeing the goals WTF is Green doing for the second ?? I'd drop him and Henry and see if we can get in a RB on loan

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Positives and Negatives on 09:57 - Oct 4 with 1558 viewsTheBlob

There's no chat going on and the defence is clumping up and ball watching again.It's Ned's job to sort that,when you had the likes of Hill and Dunne it was like having extra captains on the park.Sort it out ffs.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Positives and Negatives (n/t) on 10:11 - Oct 4 with 1509 viewssimmo

[Post edited 4 Oct 2015 10:13]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Positives and Negatives on 10:13 - Oct 4 with 1494 viewsWeaverQPR

Could JET play up top with Austin?

@WeavQPR

Positives and Negatives on 10:51 - Oct 4 with 1430 viewsbaz_qpr

Positives and Negatives on 19:48 - Oct 3 by baz_qpr

Having seen the goals again on TV, for the first Konchesky should have dropped and covered for Hall left him with 2 strikers on his own so Hall ended up in no mans land. For the second it was his man that reacted and followed up to score after Greens spill, Konchesky static.

Stand by my rating was excellent going forward but should have done better defensively for the first 2 goals
Positives and Negatives on 11:34 - Oct 4 with 1392 viewsfrancisbowles

One mad moment for me was 2nd half, in front of the SA Rd, near the half way line:
Ned plays short free kick inside to Karl Henry! You can guess the rest......

Ned, why would you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024