Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
captaincy 00:03 - Oct 4 with 993 viewsHollowayRanger

IS ANYONE HAPPY IMPRESSED WITH NED AS CAPTAIN?

for me he doesn't do anything as a captain to gee up the players

id give the job to santos or fer we need leadership out there and that means someone with personality

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

captaincy on 00:09 - Oct 4 with 983 viewsWilloW4

No surprises from regular posters to see my name signing up against Ned... Just don't get him at all...surely we need a much more verbal captain... He's muscle and bravado..and very average...just my opinion.
captaincy on 00:44 - Oct 4 with 942 viewsJigsore

Yes Holloway, I do think you have a point here with this but the delivery is poor.

i hoped that Ned would truly find his feet with the captaincy but it hasn't happened. He's a good player who I have a lot of time for, as is Angella, but its painfully obvious we need Hill back to marshall the defence

theres no leadership at all which is surprising. Henry has captained Wolves but where is he now? We are in desperate of someone who can line up a defence... the motivation part doesn't lookmissing to me. Just someone to organise our defenders and midfielders

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

captaincy on 02:05 - Oct 4 with 912 viewsPunteR

Clint Hill.

Onouha is the worst player on the pitch besides Tozser.

I hate to say it cos I think Onouha is a lovely bloke but he ain't QPR captain material.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

captaincy on 02:33 - Oct 4 with 904 viewsPommyhoop

I'm a Ned fan but have to admit he doesn't seem to be captain material. His form has suffered with the responsibility.
I'd go with Charlie. He's a definite starter when fit and he would lead by example and doesn't seem the one to hold back with the verbals..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

captaincy on 09:42 - Oct 4 with 821 viewsbosh67

Ned just doesn't bark at people. He's a very quiet person.

Sandro may be an idea if he can keep fit, or Faurlin.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

captaincy on 09:49 - Oct 4 with 814 viewsWatford_Ranger

Is Fer as captain a serious suggestion?

And Santos? Assuming that means Sandro he's injured at least half the time. If you're suggesting signing Georges Santos, I'm all for it.
captaincy on 10:16 - Oct 4 with 775 viewsTacticalR

captaincy on 09:42 - Oct 4 by bosh67

Ned just doesn't bark at people. He's a very quiet person.

Sandro may be an idea if he can keep fit, or Faurlin.

But will the other players understand Brazilian barking?

Air hostess clique

captaincy on 10:36 - Oct 4 with 751 viewsHollowayRanger

I don't think you really need that much talking ie English as a captain theres hardly time for a long chat

just a few words/shouts as and when needed ,a few claps of encouragement, clenched fists ,pointing ,onouha does none of these its not his fault he's a quiet man decent bloke

we need a personality, presence out there as leader also someone who can get in the ear of the ref

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

captaincy on 10:46 - Oct 4 with 729 viewsTacticalR

Perhaps there are two roles here?

The captain who shouts and points, and the assistant captain who can cover the more theoretical aspects of the game with long chats?

Air hostess clique

captaincy on 11:02 - Oct 4 with 710 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I always maintained Ned would be a poor choice for captain and so it proves. The problem is further compounded by a lack of leaders in the team to help him out.

Even when Warnock indulged Adel by handing him the armband, the reality was Clint Hill and Shaun Derry were leading the side on the pitch.

It will be interesting to see whether Ned continues at RB or Ramsey returns Perch to the starting 11. Full backs usually take their lead from the centre-halves so how can Ned possibly captain the side from RB?

I know we've been there before but in the circumstances I'd be tempted to return Hill to the fold. He could provide much needed leadership and nurture Hall in the process. I'd also drop Henry for Sandro to provide more steel in front of the back four.

That combo should get us through the championship this season. In the meantime Les should be scouting for some genuine replacements who can add ability and leadership in the defensive third.
captaincy on 11:07 - Oct 4 with 700 viewsbaz_qpr

The general lack of leadership is the issue, you need calm head, be a talker / organiser etc - I don't really see anyone at the moment who can step up to that role
captaincy on 15:06 - Oct 4 with 632 viewsjamois

Never mind the captaincy - I don't think he gets in the 1st team ahead of Hall or Angella. Has the first touch of a trampoline.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024