Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Henry...why? 09:21 - Oct 4 with 7174 viewsAgedR

OK, I'll start it.

He does provide a voice for the overtaxed millionaire football

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Karl Henry...why? on 09:27 - Oct 4 with 5135 viewsjohncharles

He's teaching Toszer to be useless (and he seems to be a quick learner)

Strong and stable my arse.

Karl Henry...why? on 09:32 - Oct 4 with 5121 viewsWeaverQPR

We can't keep chopping and changing DM's if we want stability, he's our last hope we've got to stick with him. You can't write him off after 10 games you've got to give him a full season, we don't want promotion its too early.

@WeavQPR

Karl Henry...why? on 09:35 - Oct 4 with 5108 viewsbosh67

I didn't think Henry had a bad game yesterday. However, having him and Sandro on the pitch and moving Henry into the number 10 position was truly baffling. With Sandro on he could have taken Henry off and put Polter on to push Bolton back, but instead he just had two holding midfielders, which was truly daft.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Karl Henry...why? on 11:19 - Oct 4 with 5000 viewsderbyhoop

Karl 3 touch Henry is a liability. He's supposed to be a defensive midfielder, sitting in front of the back 4 and protecting then. He certainly doesn't offer much going forward. But he's too immobile to do the first part properly.

CR just has to accept that Sandro is the best DCM at the club and find the best person to go alongside him, e.g. Faurlin, Tozser, Doughty or Luongo.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Karl Henry...why? on 11:22 - Oct 4 with 4994 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Karl Henry...why? on 11:19 - Oct 4 by derbyhoop

Karl 3 touch Henry is a liability. He's supposed to be a defensive midfielder, sitting in front of the back 4 and protecting then. He certainly doesn't offer much going forward. But he's too immobile to do the first part properly.

CR just has to accept that Sandro is the best DCM at the club and find the best person to go alongside him, e.g. Faurlin, Tozser, Doughty or Luongo.

Agreed. The love Ramsey has for Karl is baffling.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2015 11:23]
Karl Henry...why? on 12:10 - Oct 4 with 4931 viewsClive_Anderson

I thought he was half decent last year, but he's playing like arse this season so needs to be out the team for a while. Stick Sandro in and one other as every else has already said.
Karl Henry...why? on 12:34 - Oct 4 with 4884 viewsstevec

Part of the problem with Henry this season is he's often being drawn in to being part playmaker and it's just not his game.

He's also suffering from snail paced partners in Toszer and Faurlin, you'll only get the best out of Henry playing him exclusively to protect the centre backs behind him.

He looked a lot more impressive whenever he had someone like Sandro or Barton partnering as they could operate slightly ahead of him.

Aside of that, given how much aggravation our centre backs have had from big centre forwards all season, someone (Ramsey) should be positioning him directly in front of their forward for long ball clearances. Interestingly, he seemed to take this upon himself at one point yesterday whereupon Hall waved him away. Strange stuff at times.
Karl Henry...why? on 13:07 - Oct 4 with 4821 viewsessextaxiboy

We have a midfield of technical touch players and recently teams have rattled into us to stop the passing . I can understand Ramsey wanting a dog in there. However Henrys form after a decent season last year has been pretty poor and id Sandro or even Doughty are match fit they should start in front of him .imo
Login to get fewer ads

Karl Henry...why? on 14:38 - Oct 4 with 4729 viewsjamois

Karl Henry...why? on 09:32 - Oct 4 by WeaverQPR

We can't keep chopping and changing DM's if we want stability, he's our last hope we've got to stick with him. You can't write him off after 10 games you've got to give him a full season, we don't want promotion its too early.

But now that Sandro is fit.....

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Karl Henry...why? on 14:53 - Oct 4 with 4692 viewsfrancisbowles

Karl Henry...why? on 12:34 - Oct 4 by stevec

Part of the problem with Henry this season is he's often being drawn in to being part playmaker and it's just not his game.

He's also suffering from snail paced partners in Toszer and Faurlin, you'll only get the best out of Henry playing him exclusively to protect the centre backs behind him.

He looked a lot more impressive whenever he had someone like Sandro or Barton partnering as they could operate slightly ahead of him.

Aside of that, given how much aggravation our centre backs have had from big centre forwards all season, someone (Ramsey) should be positioning him directly in front of their forward for long ball clearances. Interestingly, he seemed to take this upon himself at one point yesterday whereupon Hall waved him away. Strange stuff at times.

They had a tall forward no 14, I think, who kept coming short, unchallenged and flicking headers on. Someone should have picked him up. Probably a midfielder if the cbs wanted to stay in shape
Karl Henry...why? on 16:30 - Oct 4 with 4625 viewsconnell10

Henry is total dog turd.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Karl Henry...why? on 16:38 - Oct 4 with 4613 views1BobbyHazell

Karl Henry...why? on 11:22 - Oct 4 by Benny_the_Ball

Agreed. The love Ramsey has for Karl is baffling.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2015 11:23]

Oh I think you might have a theory or two...

Anyway Benny you disappeared after my offer of a meet to discuss your theories. Genuine offer of a pint before a home game to find out where you get your ideas from.
Karl Henry...why? on 16:40 - Oct 4 with 4608 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Karl Henry...why? on 09:32 - Oct 4 by WeaverQPR

And then he drops Austin! All the lad did was get injured and Ramsey dropped him, like a warm turd... Splot! Just cause he got an injury... unbelievable...

Karl Henry...why? on 18:27 - Oct 4 with 4495 viewsTacticalR

The Corbyn result has definitely affected his game.

Air hostess clique

Karl Henry...why? on 20:06 - Oct 4 with 4390 viewsbosh67

Karl Henry...why? on 18:27 - Oct 4 by TacticalR

The Corbyn result has definitely affected his game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Karl Henry...why? on 20:30 - Oct 4 with 4364 viewssevenhoop

Karl Henry...why? on 13:07 - Oct 4 by essextaxiboy

We have a midfield of technical touch players and recently teams have rattled into us to stop the passing . I can understand Ramsey wanting a dog in there. However Henrys form after a decent season last year has been pretty poor and id Sandro or even Doughty are match fit they should start in front of him .imo

He's not a 'dog' though. His reputation from before he joined us said that is what he was. But he is nothing, nothing at all. Doesn't get challenges in, the players he is supposed to deal with (and the game) pass him by, he offers no protection for the back four, is constantly either caught in possession or delivering passes to players in worse position cos he can't wait to get rid. He is absolutely fukcing shocking. I cannot bear to go whilst he's in the team, seriously
Karl Henry...why? on 11:14 - Oct 5 with 4197 viewssevenhoop

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-ramsey-backs-henry

god help us....
Karl Henry...why? on 11:29 - Oct 5 with 4172 viewsngbqpr

Karl Henry...why? on 11:14 - Oct 5 by sevenhoop

god help us....

Hmmm...reading the article as opposed to the headline...it's not exactly unconditional backing...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Karl Henry...why? on 11:30 - Oct 5 with 4168 viewssimmo

Karl Henry...why? on 11:14 - Oct 5 by sevenhoop

god help us....

"Having been out injured during pre-season, the midfielder has since been a fixture of head coach Ramsey’s side, playing in all but one of Rangers’ 10 Championship games this term."

That game being the only time we've kept a clean sheet in the league this season.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Karl Henry...why? on 11:33 - Oct 5 with 4160 viewsDando

In the premiership, Karl Henry was useful because we were a team who was under pressure so we needed someone to sit back and break up the play. In this division, we have a very strong potential lineup and are trying to play on the front foot, so Henry is just not needed, especially at home. He slows the game down, and other players e.g. Fer, Phillips, Chery are on a completely different wave length than him. If we had no other options in this position then I could understand it, but when you have plenty of other much better options on the bench I just dont get it!

Fer, Chery and Phillips all give us pace and quality but by having two of the slowest players around together in the central midfield (Tozser and Henry), it means we cant play the quick quality football that we should be able to play. Neither of them are players to pick up the ball and drive through the middle - they are simply too slow and defensive.

I dont think Tozser has been great for us, but for me he would be a much better player alongside Sandro or someone other than Henry who is simply not suited to playing alongside him whatsoever.

To see Henry on the left wing last year was baffling to say the least, but to see him in a number 10 role when we still had 2 subs left, when we needed a goal to win, was one of the craziest things I have ever seen. What world is Ramsay on? He was let off the hook today. The sooner Henry is out the side, and we actually play ALL of our best players, the better!
Karl Henry...why? on 11:53 - Oct 5 with 4140 viewsJigsore

He really needs to be dropped for his own good. Its been 10 games and he's still playing below par.

I get the reluctance to play Sandro but he's sefinitely a PL level player on the occassion he's fit. Henry is only here because of a Beard-ism in his contract anyway, i'd rather start Doughty. At least he has a future.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Karl Henry...why? on 11:56 - Oct 5 with 4128 viewsGetMeRangers

Karl Henry...why? on 11:29 - Oct 5 by ngbqpr

Hmmm...reading the article as opposed to the headline...it's not exactly unconditional backing...

That's the way I read it too. It sort of implied that with Ale, Doughty and Sandro now in contention, his place is going to be harder to retain
Karl Henry...why? on 12:18 - Oct 5 with 4088 viewssimmo

Not that I want to harp on with the Ramsey negatives that are already well covered by others here, but this continued line about 'strength in depth' and 'competition for places' starts to wear a little thin when he continues to stick with out of form players and ignores alternatives, especially when those alternatives have perfromed well and stated their cases well. Green, Henry, Perch and Konchesky have all been poor for the most part, yet only Perch has (recently) been withdrawn. It's not just his starting 11 either, it's his complete refusal to use those alternatives in-game when his first 11 fail to produce (again). What exactly has Doughty done to deserve a permanent stay on the bench? He's looked excellent in all appearances so far, including his start in the win and (only) clean sheet away to Huddersfield.

Konchesky might have had a better game on Sat, and I appreciate he has to offer the overlap in the first place, but when he was played in he very rarely produced anything. It's difficult not to imagine YSY or even Kpekwa not doing more from those positions. Green is a case in point for me too, played poorly for a while, costing us goals, loses his place due to his self nflicted suspension, his counterpart comes in, does well (first goal against BBurn apart) and then he's straight back in and talked about like he's undroppable.

Bit of a mention for Hall too, unlucky to lose his place, I thought he was the pick of the defenders in the 2nd half and cleared up a lot of the problems the pro-active and more aggressive Angella missed, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose his place again despite being the most in-form of our 4 centre backs. I don't think it's fair that Redknapp was rightly slated for selling Simpson and leaving us without a RB when we're in the same situation now having loaned Furlong and especially Harriman, leaving us with an out of form alternative that's not a natural RB anyway.

The sooner we start picking players based on form and actually implementing a system that is serious about competition for places, the better. ESPECIALLY if those other options are younger and have a future beyond this season.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Karl Henry...why? on 12:21 - Oct 5 with 4072 viewsAntti_Heinola

Karl Henry...why? on 12:18 - Oct 5 by simmo

Not that I want to harp on with the Ramsey negatives that are already well covered by others here, but this continued line about 'strength in depth' and 'competition for places' starts to wear a little thin when he continues to stick with out of form players and ignores alternatives, especially when those alternatives have perfromed well and stated their cases well. Green, Henry, Perch and Konchesky have all been poor for the most part, yet only Perch has (recently) been withdrawn. It's not just his starting 11 either, it's his complete refusal to use those alternatives in-game when his first 11 fail to produce (again). What exactly has Doughty done to deserve a permanent stay on the bench? He's looked excellent in all appearances so far, including his start in the win and (only) clean sheet away to Huddersfield.

Konchesky might have had a better game on Sat, and I appreciate he has to offer the overlap in the first place, but when he was played in he very rarely produced anything. It's difficult not to imagine YSY or even Kpekwa not doing more from those positions. Green is a case in point for me too, played poorly for a while, costing us goals, loses his place due to his self nflicted suspension, his counterpart comes in, does well (first goal against BBurn apart) and then he's straight back in and talked about like he's undroppable.

Bit of a mention for Hall too, unlucky to lose his place, I thought he was the pick of the defenders in the 2nd half and cleared up a lot of the problems the pro-active and more aggressive Angella missed, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose his place again despite being the most in-form of our 4 centre backs. I don't think it's fair that Redknapp was rightly slated for selling Simpson and leaving us without a RB when we're in the same situation now having loaned Furlong and especially Harriman, leaving us with an out of form alternative that's not a natural RB anyway.

The sooner we start picking players based on form and actually implementing a system that is serious about competition for places, the better. ESPECIALLY if those other options are younger and have a future beyond this season.

I don't think Hall is any better than the other two to be honest.

Bare bones.

Karl Henry...why? on 12:27 - Oct 5 with 4058 viewsGetMeRangers

Karl Henry...why? on 12:18 - Oct 5 by simmo

If JET continues to play like he did on Saturday, should Chaz step back into the side once he is fit again? Who would be a manager!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024