Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Turning Point? 20:39 - Oct 4 with 2705 viewsWrightUp5hit___

At one nil down yesterday, the "We're fookin' 5h1t" song was coming out from somewhere around the R block.

Then we went 2-0 down.

Contrary to any preconceptions of mine, as we kicked off again something changed.

There were a few "Come on you R's" which grew into a muted but very much positive kind of get into them kind of roar.

Whether the players the players reacted to that, or any of a multitude of other possible triggers I don't know. Nevertheless, to me, it felt that was the moment. The crowd could have absolutely shredded the players at that moment, but didn't and in that split second the game (our next few games? the season? the Ramsey managership ? Let's not get too carried away ) changed.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2015 20:40]
A Turning Point? on 21:48 - Oct 4 with 2564 viewsPommyhoop

Maybe Mate, maybe....

Maybe everyone had read Dave Mc's and Clive's articles .And it sunk in .
Maybe...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

A Turning Point? on 22:16 - Oct 4 with 2482 viewsbosh67

The strange thing was that it went from howls and boos when they scored their second to Come On U Rs by the time we kicked off again. It was odd but it also was helped by JET scoring a few minutes later. From that moment on the fans really got behind the team and that certainly helped and the players started to believe.

Well, that's how I saw it. But then again I have had mild concussion most of this week.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A Turning Point? on 22:29 - Oct 4 with 2433 viewsQPR_Nippon

Remember the moment well and was thinking to myself the exact same thing. Loud boos rang out when the 2nd went in and there was an air of resignation around the players that was very alarming indeed.

Then that chant went up after the kick off and there seemed to be a perceptible mood shift among the fans, which in turn seemed to transfer to the players - a realisation that there was still 80 minutes of a football match left to play against very beatable opposition and plenty of time to turn things around if we could get a grip and stop feeling sorry for ourselves.
A Turning Point? on 22:30 - Oct 4 with 2427 viewsCiderwithRsie

A Turning Point? on 22:16 - Oct 4 by bosh67

The strange thing was that it went from howls and boos when they scored their second to Come On U Rs by the time we kicked off again. It was odd but it also was helped by JET scoring a few minutes later. From that moment on the fans really got behind the team and that certainly helped and the players started to believe.

Well, that's how I saw it. But then again I have had mild concussion most of this week.

If there's one thing I've learnt in life, it's that most of it is improved by mild concussion. Alcohol will do as a substitute.
A Turning Point? on 23:03 - Oct 4 with 2351 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes that was what happened. It felt good getting behind them in those circumstances. I think we may have played our part because I heard CR and one of the players mention it.
Let's face it, we go to get entertained and we pretty much went through all of the emotions yesterday. Our crap defending led to that entertainment ironically.
A Turning Point? on 23:44 - Oct 4 with 2261 viewsFredManRave

A Turning Point? on 23:03 - Oct 4 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes that was what happened. It felt good getting behind them in those circumstances. I think we may have played our part because I heard CR and one of the players mention it.
Let's face it, we go to get entertained and we pretty much went through all of the emotions yesterday. Our crap defending led to that entertainment ironically.

Mentions the fans at the beginning of the interview;

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34433405

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

A Turning Point? on 00:01 - Oct 5 with 2232 viewsHadders

Funny idea, being supportive of people who are doing badly. I find people who are failing usually respond better to a lot of swearing and abuse.
A Turning Point? on 01:03 - Oct 13 with 1763 viewsPommyhoop

BUMPED..
Call me old fashioned but I like the ''message'' of this thread.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2015 1:07]

Login to get fewer ads

A Turning Point? on 08:31 - Oct 13 with 1606 viewsGetMeRangers

A Turning Point? on 00:01 - Oct 5 by Hadders

Funny idea, being supportive of people who are doing badly. I find people who are failing usually respond better to a lot of swearing and abuse.

What a fine parent and boss you must be. Do you find that your incredulity at the level of others incompetence frustrating your own attempts at finding happiness?

My fear when we went two down was that it was not so much that it might turn to double figures, but more the possibility of being amongst a cauldron of hate and disappointment. Having watched QPR for too many years I am well aware that anything can happen. I generally dont give up hope and more keen at encouraging the players than giving them dogs end abuse. Even at Fools, the singing of Everywhere we go for 15 mins at the end lifted the disappointment of the abject performance.
A Turning Point? on 09:06 - Oct 13 with 1570 viewsPommyhoop

A Turning Point? on 08:31 - Oct 13 by GetMeRangers

What a fine parent and boss you must be. Do you find that your incredulity at the level of others incompetence frustrating your own attempts at finding happiness?

My fear when we went two down was that it was not so much that it might turn to double figures, but more the possibility of being amongst a cauldron of hate and disappointment. Having watched QPR for too many years I am well aware that anything can happen. I generally dont give up hope and more keen at encouraging the players than giving them dogs end abuse. Even at Fools, the singing of Everywhere we go for 15 mins at the end lifted the disappointment of the abject performance.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think Hadders post might of been soaked in irony / sarcasm..
( at least i hope so )

A Turning Point? on 09:41 - Oct 13 with 1540 viewsGetMeRangers

A Turning Point? on 09:06 - Oct 13 by Pommyhoop

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think Hadders post might of been soaked in irony / sarcasm..
( at least i hope so )

Yep, you may be right.
A Turning Point? on 09:45 - Oct 13 with 1534 viewsCroydonCaptJack

A Turning Point? on 09:41 - Oct 13 by GetMeRangers

Yep, you may be right.

Yes, he was definitely being sarcastic.
A Turning Point? on 09:55 - Oct 13 with 1518 viewsPommyhoop

A Turning Point? on 09:41 - Oct 13 by GetMeRangers

Yep, you may be right.

We definitely need a sarcy git smilie..
I'd be using it constantly..
[Post edited 13 Oct 2015 9:55]

A Turning Point? on 11:10 - Oct 13 with 1456 viewsMedwayR

Strangely I think going 2 down so early actually stopped (some of) the fans turning on the team as we all know we can score and had plenty of time left to do so. If it had been 1-0 at half-time and then 2-0 shortly after half-time I suspect things may have been different, depending on the performance I guess.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024