Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The disallowed Bolton goal 18:03 - Oct 5 with 5890 viewsterryb

I have not seen any mention on any board about the "goal" for Bolton shortly before JET scored the winner.

Can anybody tell me what actually happened? I had taken my eyes off Green & just saw the Bolton player stroke the ball into the goal.

I do know that the referee wasn't watching & had no idea what to give. Anyone got a clue?
The disallowed Bolton goal on 18:15 - Oct 5 with 5859 viewsjohncharles

Asked the same question on the match thread. Haven't seen any replays, no mention in the papers. The ref. was looking the other way. Green seemed to drop the ball as the striker ran past but like you I wasn't concentrating at that moment. The linesman put his flag mainly because he was standing in front of R block and wanted to live to see his family again.

Strong and stable my arse.

The disallowed Bolton goal on 18:25 - Oct 5 with 5821 viewsA40Bosh

The disallowed Bolton goal on 18:15 - Oct 5 by johncharles

Asked the same question on the match thread. Haven't seen any replays, no mention in the papers. The ref. was looking the other way. Green seemed to drop the ball as the striker ran past but like you I wasn't concentrating at that moment. The linesman put his flag mainly because he was standing in front of R block and wanted to live to see his family again.

I rewatched it 4 or 5 times today on the full 90mins feed as I was not able to make the game. Green went to kick the ball and as he began the movement and the ball was in only one hand the Bolton player nudged him and it fell out of his hand and was kicked in. Lino spotted it as you are not allowed to obstruct a goalie when he is taking a kick I believe when the ball is in the goalies hands.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The disallowed Bolton goal on 18:42 - Oct 5 with 5760 viewsTacticalR

There was an almost identical incident about 30 seconds earlier when Phillips nodded the ball out of the Bolton keeper's hand, which the ref disallowed. I don't think the ref could have then allowed the Bolton 'goal'. However, I was nervous because Rob Green has been involved in so many of these ridiculous incidents.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2015 18:42]

Air hostess clique

The disallowed Bolton goal on 18:53 - Oct 5 with 5733 viewsbosh67

If it was in one hand then it should have been disallowed. That's the rule now. I thought when I was watching it that the ball had just left Green's hand to kick it and that it was just airborne. I think the ref wasn't sure and waited for the lino to make a decision. Thankfully he put his flag up or else I think the ref may have had to give it. I must admit I thought it was a goal but I was very relieved when the lino flagged it... eventually.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The disallowed Bolton goal on 18:56 - Oct 5 with 5720 viewsterryb

Thanks for the replies.

The ref had no idea what had happened as he was facing the other way!

I hate to think what the reaction in the ground & on the boards would have been if we had lost the game!
The disallowed Bolton goal on 19:42 - Oct 5 with 5616 viewsJuzzie

The ball seemed to be going slow enough for him to stop it but he seemed more interested in remonstrating with the lino. Should've just stopped it then there'd be no need for discussion.

I had a horrible feeling it was going to stand.

[Post edited 5 Oct 2015 19:46]
The disallowed Bolton goal on 19:46 - Oct 5 with 5607 viewsMatch82

The disallowed Bolton goal on 18:53 - Oct 5 by bosh67

If it was in one hand then it should have been disallowed. That's the rule now. I thought when I was watching it that the ball had just left Green's hand to kick it and that it was just airborne. I think the ref wasn't sure and waited for the lino to make a decision. Thankfully he put his flag up or else I think the ref may have had to give it. I must admit I thought it was a goal but I was very relieved when the lino flagged it... eventually.

I remember Thierry Henry doing this one, nipped it off keeper when he released the ball to kick it. Ref disallowed it, but I think there was some question about whether he should have done or not
The disallowed Bolton goal on 20:04 - Oct 5 with 5545 viewsjonno

The disallowed Bolton goal on 19:46 - Oct 5 by Match82

I remember Thierry Henry doing this one, nipped it off keeper when he released the ball to kick it. Ref disallowed it, but I think there was some question about whether he should have done or not

George Best once did something similar against Pat Jennings I seem to recall.
Login to get fewer ads

The disallowed Bolton goal on 20:06 - Oct 5 with 5531 viewsClive_Anderson

The disallowed Bolton goal on 19:46 - Oct 5 by Match82

That Henry one was brilliant and should never have been disallowed. The goalie had chucked it in the air and Henry never touched him.

Also remember this classic:

The disallowed Bolton goal on 20:48 - Oct 5 with 5413 viewsmalcob

wasn't best's against england and gordon banks. On sat i think phillips headed off of the goalies hand. for the green on the lino had his flag up but i dont think he really saw it just reacted to green, you are not allowed to impede the keeper as he goes to kick the ball i thought

I'd rather be in P block

The disallowed Bolton goal on 21:02 - Oct 5 with 5381 viewsQPR_ARG

Without seeing the incident, I'd say it serves them well as a revenge for THIS:

The disallowed Bolton goal on 21:26 - Oct 5 with 5319 viewsPommyhoop

There's something very Rob Greenlike about this goal..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The disallowed Bolton goal on 21:29 - Oct 5 with 5311 viewsClive_Anderson

The disallowed Bolton goal on 21:26 - Oct 5 by Pommyhoop

There's something very Rob Greenlike about this goal..

Ha ha that's brilliant.

This is my all time favourite goalie f@ck up

[Post edited 5 Oct 2015 21:30]
The disallowed Bolton goal on 21:37 - Oct 5 with 5287 viewsPommyhoop

The disallowed Bolton goal on 21:29 - Oct 5 by Clive_Anderson

Ha ha that's brilliant.

This is my all time favourite goalie f@ck up

[Post edited 5 Oct 2015 21:30]

Lol..

I'm sure Konk can help out with the details but I've got Hazy memories of a Fulham goalie pushing the ball right into the face of an attacker who was trying to put him off for the kick out.
Penalty and he got sent of. Well funny.Cant remember the goalies name but he had really blonde hair and it would've been in the 70's I think.

The disallowed Bolton goal on 22:16 - Oct 5 with 5224 viewsDWQPR

The disallowed Bolton goal on 21:37 - Oct 5 by Pommyhoop

Lol..

I'm sure Konk can help out with the details but I've got Hazy memories of a Fulham goalie pushing the ball right into the face of an attacker who was trying to put him off for the kick out.
Penalty and he got sent of. Well funny.Cant remember the goalies name but he had really blonde hair and it would've been in the 70's I think.

Peter Mellor? Shite keeper as well, gave away both goals in the '75 cup final against Wham.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The disallowed Bolton goal on 22:24 - Oct 5 with 5208 viewsgobbles

The Bolton player didn't nudge it out of his hand, from what I saw, Green was carrying the ball in one hand, ran into the Bolton player and dropped it. He then took a massive chance by appealing for a foul rather than trying to block the resulting shot.
The incident at the other end was different as Chery (I think it was him) knocked the ball out of the goalkeeper's hands.
The disallowed Bolton goal on 22:42 - Oct 5 with 5171 viewsPommyhoop

The disallowed Bolton goal on 22:16 - Oct 5 by DWQPR

Peter Mellor? Shite keeper as well, gave away both goals in the '75 cup final against Wham.

That's the one mate..Cheers..
Incidentally I will always remember that final fondly because it was the day we got our first colour tele. Just in time for the final..
My Mum''Oooo look ow green the pitch is .Luvly''..
edit ..
Yep I was right about the blonde barnet

[Post edited 6 Oct 2015 2:54]

The disallowed Bolton goal on 08:56 - Oct 6 with 4982 viewsdoogi55

the rule is that you are not allowed to obstruct the goalkeeper when ball is in his hand or is in the process of kicking the ball from his hands.he saw that the bolton obstructed green
The disallowed Bolton goal on 13:25 - Oct 6 with 4789 viewsLancashirehoop

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024