Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ploughman's lunch dos and donts 10:21 - Oct 6 with 3705 viewshopphoops

I've rediscovered the joy of a proper ploughman's this summer, it can really hit the spot but it's oh so easy to feck up.

I've concluded that everything has to be in blocks not slices; the quality of the ham andthe pork pie are the difference makers; and a wooden board is the only acceptable base. Tomatoes with flavour are obviously desirable but not essential, but they must be just halved or quartered. Cheese combos should range from smooth to crumbly to semi-soft at a stretch, but no softs however good they might be in other contexts. I'm good with a couple of lettuce leaves.

Absolute no-nos are slate bases (in general), decorative fruit, processed ham.

Contentiously, a bitter top or bitter shandy or even a cider shandy hit the spot, and the acid edge helps sluice the cheesey bits off the palate.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Ploughman's lunch dos and donts on 18:52 - Oct 6 with 788 viewsRickyDicky

All very well, but where can I see a ploughmans in the bush ?

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Ploughman's lunch dos and donts on 18:52 - Oct 6 with 788 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ploughman's lunch dos and donts on 18:46 - Oct 6 by terryb

Please can I forgo number five & have two pints to drink with my Ploughmans?

I had a great Ploughmans in Southwold earlier this year & was reminded how good they could be!

Terry me ol' china, if that's what you want, then that's what you shall have.

Actually, thinking about it, f..k it, I'm just going to throw the pickle, the tom and the garnishing leaves in for good measure. Enjoy because God knows, supporting that shower from W12, you bloody deserve it. FACT!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ploughman's lunch dos and donts on 19:11 - Oct 6 with 774 viewsterryb

Ploughman's lunch dos and donts on 18:52 - Oct 6 by PlanetHonneywood

Terry me ol' china, if that's what you want, then that's what you shall have.

Actually, thinking about it, f..k it, I'm just going to throw the pickle, the tom and the garnishing leaves in for good measure. Enjoy because God knows, supporting that shower from W12, you bloody deserve it. FACT!

Thank you Sir!

Mind you, to watch that shower, the Ploughmans is optional. The ale is an essential!
Ploughman's lunch dos and donts on 19:25 - Oct 6 with 764 viewsmichael67

No one has mentioned eggs. Scotch egg, or the very least a boiled egg. A must on my plate ( not a friggin bread board!)

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Ploughman's lunch dos and donts on 20:42 - Oct 6 with 737 viewsBrightonhoop

Bread board? Slate? ffs Give me a large plate. And if the pickled onion doesn't clear my sinuses the whole thing gets sent back.
Ploughman's lunch dos and donts on 20:54 - Oct 6 with 728 viewswombat

Ploughman's lunch dos and donts on 20:42 - Oct 6 by Brightonhoop

Bread board? Slate? ffs Give me a large plate. And if the pickled onion doesn't clear my sinuses the whole thing gets sent back.

We are very lucky , our local pub not only does
Home made pickled onions
Also two sizes of home made pork pie , nye on impossible to get from March onwards though

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Ploughman's lunch dos and donts on 22:02 - Oct 6 with 695 viewsPommyhoop

Ploughman's Lunch !!! Another distant memory from Blighty..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024