Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sandro 00:24 - Oct 7 with 2882 viewsRangersRocker

From where I sat in R Block on Saturday last, Sandro was a god among men.
Admittedly I was close to the turf and didn't have an 'aerial' view but almost every tackle he made was effective and competitive and was frankly the missing spark park we so badly need against an attack. His positivity was underlined by a fierce shot at goal.
Hope he stays fit and plays like that every time.
Sandro on 00:44 - Oct 7 with 2857 viewsTacticalR

It's not so much his divinity as his invulnerability that is in question.

Air hostess clique

Sandro on 01:24 - Oct 7 with 2817 viewsNeil_SI

Sandro has the quality but he doesn't necessarily have the legs either, he's had some bad injuries to his knee, so it's a wait and see job.

You have to keep in mind that the time he was on the pitch, the play was more condensed as Bolton were squeezing up to find the equaliser and we were under pressure, so there were many more players closer together, which helps players close down a little more effectively as the distances are shorter and the engagements more "normal".

It would have been interesting to see how Sandro would have coped in the first-half, I'm not sure he'd have done any better or worse than Tozser or Henry in the circumstances of how we went about closing Bolton down. There was an awful lot of ground to cover, and that's why they never got near the ball.

Perhaps Sandro would have stuck deep though, so maybe he would have held his position more than the others, which probably would have helped. But if he had to press and close down like the others were trying then, probably in my view, he wouldn't have fared any better.
Sandro on 10:14 - Oct 7 with 2489 viewsBurnleyhoop

What!?!

Sandro is an experienced international that has played top level football ( with admittedly dodgy knees). Henry is an average league one player.

Chalk and cheese, regardless of space, formations and who is pressing who.

We need Sandro and Faurlin sitting in front of the back four with Fer occupying the central spot behind JET. And while we're at it, drop Onouah because he is bang out of form and play Angella and Hall at CB. Perch needs to step up in the RB spot. Smithies in goal because Green is an expensive liability.

How hard can it be FFS.
Sandro on 11:06 - Oct 7 with 2407 viewsdaveB

I thought Sandro was a useless waste of space who we spent too much on, amazing what a few months away from the team can do for someones ability
Sandro on 11:12 - Oct 7 with 2394 viewsElHoop

I would still like to see him tried out at centre back. We do at least have other options in holding positions. At centre back the cupboard is pretty bare and if he took to it then his impact could be huge in terms of our overall effectiveness. Tend to agree with Neil that his mobility must be questionable and even if he does eventually recover it then would he be less at risk to injury at the back?
Sandro on 11:40 - Oct 7 with 2345 viewsTacticalR

Sandro on 11:06 - Oct 7 by daveB

I thought Sandro was a useless waste of space who we spent too much on, amazing what a few months away from the team can do for someones ability

Buying him was a huge risk that hasn't paid off up until now. The question is: is he an Andy Johnson that we're never going to get anything out of, or can he actually deliver something from now on without getting injured?

Air hostess clique

Sandro on 12:14 - Oct 7 with 2282 viewsdaveB

main reason he hasn't played is he had a few months off due to the work permit issue and didn't bother to stay fit so when he could come back he was nowhere near fit enough to play. It's no wonder Ramsey has stuck with Henry as he at least came back to the club after the summer fit and ready to play. I guess that will change now though he has finally got himself in condition to play again
Sandro on 13:19 - Oct 7 with 2156 viewsderbyhoop

Played part of the EDS game against Brentford last night and looked very classy, from the bits I saw. But, he was withdrawn before the hour mark. Was that a fitness issue or a tactical (i.e. first team ) consideration?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Sandro on 14:02 - Oct 7 with 2083 viewslave16

Sandro on 13:19 - Oct 7 by derbyhoop

Played part of the EDS game against Brentford last night and looked very classy, from the bits I saw. But, he was withdrawn before the hour mark. Was that a fitness issue or a tactical (i.e. first team ) consideration?

Maybe he only gets paid for 60 minutes a week

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Sandro on 14:13 - Oct 7 with 2062 viewsichbinnaughty

Sandro on 14:02 - Oct 7 by lave16

Maybe he only gets paid for 60 minutes a week

Maybe his mum was on the phone
Sandro on 15:11 - Oct 7 with 1988 viewsfrancisbowles

If he is being withdrawn after 60 mins in an EDS game, after just 15 mins on Saturday, and with no fixture for two weeks then it would seem he is still some way from playing 90 without the risk of breaking down.

Need to go slowly with him. As he proved on Saturday he is and can be a real asset which in some way we want to get some value from.

So the first question is do we start him and sub him early 2nd half or do we use him as a sub?

Then, if he doesn't break down will someone take him and his wages on loan in Jan?
Sandro on 15:53 - Oct 7 with 1930 viewsbosh67

Apart from the fact that he showed others around him how to time a tackle the most impressive thing was his attitude. It was excellent.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sandro on 16:21 - Oct 7 with 1894 viewsGetMeRangers

Sandro on 13:19 - Oct 7 by derbyhoop

Some of his through balls we excellent last night. Did feel as if he was a little off the pace, but that might just have been his more experienced head allowing better reading of the game. He wasnt missed that much, IMO, when he was subbed on 60

They were unlucky last night. Bonham, their keeper, kept them in/won them the game. Cricklow (spelling?) a real live wire with pace and really lifted Rangers game
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024