Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will the Irelands make it? 10:08 - Oct 8 with 8823 viewsElHoop

Big day for Irish football today.

I've a feeling that it won't all go to plan though. Greece have to start resurfacing some time, and Germany are Germany. Both Irelands could blow it quite easily.

And then there's Scotland. They could still sneak into the playoffs. Plenty of goals in the Poland game tonight one thinks.
Will the Irelands make it? on 22:00 - Oct 8 with 2565 viewsCHUBBS

Watched a bit of the Scotland game,they scored two stunning goals and probably would have held on but for the somber crowd reaction to the other game.
They would have still been out even if they'd won.
Will the Irelands make it? on 22:36 - Oct 8 with 2502 viewslondonscottish

Well done to the ROI - amazing result.

Scotland crash out in agonising circumstances. Nothing new there then.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Will the Irelands make it? on 22:39 - Oct 8 with 2496 viewsBklynRanger

Will the Irelands make it? on 00:46 - Oct 9 with 2428 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Norn Iron. Unreal achievement!

Closer for us too. Tantalisingly close now. That's our biggest result in fourteen years.

Hard luck to the Scots on here. A cruel, cruel, night.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Will the Irelands make it? on 05:34 - Oct 9 with 2372 viewsWatfordR

Will the Irelands make it? on 00:46 - Oct 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Well done Norn Iron. Unreal achievement!

Closer for us too. Tantalisingly close now. That's our biggest result in fourteen years.

Hard luck to the Scots on here. A cruel, cruel, night.

Not sure I have too much sympathy for the Scots. They had it in their own hands to finish in the top three and blew it in Georgia.

Big congrats to Norn Iron. Unbelievable achievement, and for Ireland to be in with a shout with the players available is no less amazing. Could not see any way we'd avoid an absolute tonking from Germany!
Will the Irelands make it? on 06:47 - Oct 9 with 2361 viewsElHoop

Well done Northern Ireland - that was a terrific result under that sort of pressure. I would imagine that they'll be well supported in France, along with the Welsh and hopefully the Republic. ROI still have a job to do though - it won't be easy but they get two shots at it if they need them.

Big weekend for Ireland with the rugby on Sunday as well, and of course two ODIs against Zimbabwe - one of them this morning.
Will the Irelands make it? on 07:30 - Oct 9 with 2337 viewsjohncharles

Great achievement by Northen Ireland. Congratulations. Please don't get drawn against Wales until at least the semifinals.
Special mention for the ROI beating Germany.
P.S. Muller is such a dirty diving git, should be playing for the Scum.

Strong and stable my arse.

Will the Irelands make it? on 08:24 - Oct 9 with 2299 viewsbatmanhoop

well played N Ireland, superb first goal, made a few bob on the game, suspect the Greeks did too
Login to get fewer ads

Will the Irelands make it? on 08:52 - Oct 9 with 2281 viewsaston_hoop

Well pleased for Northern Ireland, my Grandad's country so thats a second country to follow next summer. Would still love to see ROI and Wales make it too, will make for a great summer next year!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Will the Irelands make it? on 09:21 - Oct 9 with 2262 viewsMonahoop

Strange that two O'Neills are involved in managing the two partitions of the island of Ireland in football. Both have done well. I'm pleased for Martin O'Neill. Many said he had nothing to offer anymore. A spent force. But ROI have looked organised under his wing, not pretty to watch all the time as one might expect under a Martin O'Neill side, but hard to break down and compete with. Granted, they are not quite there yet, but Sunday's showdown in Poland will be worth watching. Miracle of miracles, ROI could still win the group, especially if the ordinary Germans screw up their last game. When was the last time Germany lost more than one qualifying game? Even if ROI don't make it, it won't be for the want of not trying. A win over the world champions [ 4 points off them if you please] will live long in the memories of Irish fans. They were the twelfth man last night.
As for NI, well done to them too. A few years back, they couldn't buy a win, but slowly but surely they have recovered and under Micheal O'Neill a relatively unknown entity in football unless you are a Shamrock Rovers fan, they have a team that have stuck together and believed in themselves. All too often in the recent past, players for NI have not made themselves available for selection for whatever reason, but Mick O'Neill has instilled some solidarity in the side and this has paid dividends. Good luck to both.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Will the Irelands make it? on 12:53 - Oct 9 with 2203 viewsthemodfather

well done norn, the other lot can rot, i will be cheering poland.
a remarkable achievement but dare i say "underdogs", norn top the group and have always shown spirit,pride and have no prima donnas worrying more about their hair, night clubs or advertising campaigns!
Will the Irelands make it? on 11:12 - Oct 10 with 2103 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will the Irelands make it? on 12:53 - Oct 9 by themodfather

a remarkable achievement but dare i say "underdogs", norn top the group and have always shown spirit,pride and have no prima donnas worrying more about their hair, night clubs or advertising campaigns!

I don't want to rot. Do I have to rot?

Will the Irelands make it? on 13:03 - Oct 10 with 2068 viewskarl

Good luck to the Irelands, fair comments on here about Scotland and Watford is right we blew it in Georgia. A tight group like ours needs brave performances and on the whole we did well but to go away to a team with a record like Georgia and not try to impress yourselves on the game was criminal.
Horrible moment to concede the last minute equaliser but thats life, we all knew Ireland were beating Germany so had knocked the wind out of us a bit. I haven't seen anything from the other games as i only got home late last night but ex Hibee Michael O'Neill has worked miracles really, managing Brechin City and now qualifying for major championships is stuff of fairytales?
FWIW most Scotland fans are behind Strachan but i just wish we would be a bit more bold away from home.
AAAAAAGHHH!!!!!
Will the Irelands make it? on 13:38 - Oct 10 with 2043 viewsdermyqpr

Will the Irelands make it? on 12:53 - Oct 9 by themodfather

Oh isay!!

Controversial
Will the Irelands make it? on 13:55 - Oct 10 with 2032 viewsDannyPaddox

I don't want to give it the big 'un but ... let me start again.

GIVING IT THE BIG 'UN ALERT!

I had a treble come-in thursday: Republic low scoring win, Norn Iron high scoring win, Jocks Poles high scoring draw. I was happy enough with Ireland beating Germany but when that 94th minute equaliser when in at Hampden

#simply having a wonderful Lewandowski time!
Will the Irelands make it? on 21:48 - Oct 11 with 1774 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ireland terrible tonight. O' Neill picked a long ball team so that's what we got. Dreadful stuff which is disappointing after the midweek heroics.

Will the Irelands make it? on 21:53 - Oct 11 with 1758 viewsYorkRanger

Will the Irelands make it? on 21:48 - Oct 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Ireland terrible tonight. O' Neill picked a long ball team so that's what we got. Dreadful stuff which is disappointing after the midweek heroics.

Hard lines Brian, didn't think Ireland were at their best and always tough facing the team with the best striker in Europe.
Will the Irelands make it? on 21:55 - Oct 11 with 1755 viewsLblock

I reckon it'll be the Republic of Wimbledon v Turkey in the play offs with Turkey to win both legs

Dobra

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Will the Irelands make it? on 22:08 - Oct 11 with 1721 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will the Irelands make it? on 21:55 - Oct 11 by Lblock

I reckon it'll be the Republic of Wimbledon v Turkey in the play offs with Turkey to win both legs

Dobra

Jesus, don't! We played them in a playoff effort and it was horrendous.

Will the Irelands make it? on 22:09 - Oct 11 with 1716 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will the Irelands make it? on 21:53 - Oct 11 by YorkRanger

Hard lines Brian, didn't think Ireland were at their best and always tough facing the team with the best striker in Europe.

Thanks man. We were poor, though. Never set up to play football tonight.

Will the Irelands make it? on 22:16 - Oct 11 with 1705 viewskomradkirk

another bite at the cherry Brian,still in the competition.
Will the Irelands make it? on 23:21 - Oct 11 with 1646 viewslave16

Will the Irelands make it? on 22:16 - Oct 11 by komradkirk

another bite at the cherry Brian,still in the competition.

not looking forward to the playoffs....

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Will the Irelands make it? on 23:35 - Oct 11 with 1628 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will the Irelands make it? on 23:21 - Oct 11 by lave16

not looking forward to the playoffs....

Me neither. Only two wins from our seven playoffs.

Will the Irelands make it? on 09:41 - Oct 12 with 1549 viewsMonahoop

Will the Irelands make it? on 22:09 - Oct 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks man. We were poor, though. Never set up to play football tonight.

Got to say Brian, Ireland were poor last night, but I thought the Polish players tactics to go down at the slightest contact each time a tackle went in, smacked of cheating and probably didn't help Ireland's cause or game plan if they really had one. The ref was certainly in the Poles pockets last night.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Will the Irelands make it? on 11:47 - Oct 12 with 1505 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will the Irelands make it? on 09:41 - Oct 12 by Monahoop

Got to say Brian, Ireland were poor last night, but I thought the Polish players tactics to go down at the slightest contact each time a tackle went in, smacked of cheating and probably didn't help Ireland's cause or game plan if they really had one. The ref was certainly in the Poles pockets last night.

Ya, I thought he gave them a lot, Mona. You could see that the Irish players were genuinely amazed at some of the calls. However three massive calls went our early on when they were denied two clear penos and we were given ours in error.

Lewandowski was shameful.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024