Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will the Irelands make it? 10:08 - Oct 8 with 8856 viewsElHoop

Big day for Irish football today.

I've a feeling that it won't all go to plan though. Greece have to start resurfacing some time, and Germany are Germany. Both Irelands could blow it quite easily.

And then there's Scotland. They could still sneak into the playoffs. Plenty of goals in the Poland game tonight one thinks.
Will the Irelands make it? on 10:15 - Oct 8 with 4884 viewskomradkirk

From our point of view it would be shameful if we messed it up now but without the big lump Lafferty a goal could prove elusive.....i said that about Qpr minus Austin of course.
The other strikers are scoring albeit at Scottish and Championship level.Wouldnt want to be needing anything awy to Finlnd either.
Will be tense,looks like i picked the wrong campaign to gve up my block booking....silly bugger.

GAWA
Will the Irelands make it? on 10:18 - Oct 8 with 4882 viewsDorse

I am not Irish and (whisper it quietly) I don't really like Guinness. However, I always look out for Norn Iron's results because a lot of my friends growing up had come over from Belfast. As far as the Republic is concerned, any team whose captain asks his manager to 'stick it up yer bollocks' is fine by me.

Fingers crossed for both of them.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Will the Irelands make it? on 10:19 - Oct 8 with 4880 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ireland haven't beaten a team seeded above them in eleven years, and they will most likely have to beat one of Germany or Poland. I just can't see it.

Norn Iron look better placed and deserve to be. Hope they make it.

Similarly Scotland deserve something from qualification, and I think will make the play-ofs at least.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Will the Irelands make it? on 10:27 - Oct 8 with 4866 viewsithastogetbetter

Ireland only have to equal or better Scotland's result against Poland to be guaranteed a play-off spot. Scotland's last game against Gibraltar will hopefully be a dead rubber.
Will the Irelands make it? on 10:32 - Oct 8 with 4858 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will the Irelands make it? on 10:27 - Oct 8 by ithastogetbetter

Ireland only have to equal or better Scotland's result against Poland to be guaranteed a play-off spot. Scotland's last game against Gibraltar will hopefully be a dead rubber.

Oh, shag the play-offs! We haven't a hope in them!

Will the Irelands make it? on 10:35 - Oct 8 with 4850 viewsithastogetbetter

Depends. We have a nearly 50% success rate in them . How's that for clutching at straws!!!
Will the Irelands make it? on 10:37 - Oct 8 with 4845 viewsDorse

Will the Irelands make it? on 10:27 - Oct 8 by ithastogetbetter

'Dead rubber'. Giggetty.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Will the Irelands make it? on 10:57 - Oct 8 with 4796 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will the Irelands make it? on 10:35 - Oct 8 by ithastogetbetter

Depends. We have a nearly 50% success rate in them . How's that for clutching at straws!!!

Ha!

As General Melchett would say "Well done, if nothing else a blind, pig-headed unwillingness to stare the facts in the face will see us through"!

Login to get fewer ads

Will the Irelands make it? on 11:09 - Oct 8 with 4776 viewsGetMeRangers

Lafferty's equaliser against Hungary may well prove to be the equiv of Bobby Zamora's. Some say you dont choose the club you follow, but your country goes without saying. Following Norn Iron is not dissimilar to The Rs! Like the Rs, they could easily mess this up. Greece are beginning to play in the manner they were expected to, and have a horrible feeling that tonight will be a draw at best.

Saying that, hoping that 30 years are put to rest and I can plan next summer around being in France
Will the Irelands make it? on 11:33 - Oct 8 with 4757 viewsElHoop

Can Scotland score more than Lewandowski with Strachan as manager?

Somehow I doubt it. He's a disaster of a manager.
Will the Irelands make it? on 11:58 - Oct 8 with 4740 viewsMrSheen

Will the Irelands make it? on 11:33 - Oct 8 by ElHoop

Can Scotland score more than Lewandowski with Strachan as manager?

Somehow I doubt it. He's a disaster of a manager.

A disaster? Harsh. Failed at Boro, but did well at Coventry in appalling circumstances, good at Southampton. Hardly a disaster at Celtic, but it's hard to judge success and failure there. Disaster? Berti Vogts and George Burley, now you're talking.
Will the Irelands make it? on 12:32 - Oct 8 with 4715 viewssimmo

Feel gutted for Scotland, they were so close and looked odds on after the result against Ireland. Would have been good for everyone to be there but 4 of 5 should still add something to the competition.

Tasty return fixture for Albania v Serbia too I see...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Will the Irelands make it? on 12:40 - Oct 8 with 4705 viewsElHoop

Yeah Albania Serbia very short for a red card.

Racing Post tipping less than 10 corners in the Norn Iron game - shaping up as an absolute bore draw that one.

Lewandowski has scored 12 in his last 4 games and also ten in qualifying so far.
Will the Irelands make it? on 12:42 - Oct 8 with 4702 viewspaulparker

Fingers crossed that both Ireland & Northern Ireland get there
It wouldn't surprise me if Eire done Germany and the Scots do the Poles , that would blow the group wide open leaving Eire vs Poland the crunch game

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Will the Irelands make it? on 15:31 - Oct 8 with 4618 viewsBklynRanger

I'm hopeful that the GAWA can get a result. If they do it might help to beat back the rising tide of Ulster Rugby paraphernalia - suddenly everybody seems to know somebody called Alisdair who went to Methody.
Will the Irelands make it? on 16:08 - Oct 8 with 4596 viewsWatford_Ranger

Will the Irelands make it? on 12:40 - Oct 8 by ElHoop

Yeah Albania Serbia very short for a red card.

Racing Post tipping less than 10 corners in the Norn Iron game - shaping up as an absolute bore draw that one.

Lewandowski has scored 12 in his last 4 games and also ten in qualifying so far.

I'm guessing at least six were against Gibraltar
Will the Irelands make it? on 17:50 - Oct 8 with 4540 viewsElHoop

Will the Irelands make it? on 16:08 - Oct 8 by Watford_Ranger

I'm guessing at least six were against Gibraltar

6 against Gib, 3 against George, 1 against Ger.

He hasn't scored against anyone not beginning with G though.
Will the Irelands make it? on 21:30 - Oct 8 with 4474 viewsbrad

yes they will!!
Will the Irelands make it? on 21:45 - Oct 8 with 4444 viewsCiderwithRsie

Well done Norn Iron, bloody good result.

Come on the Republic!
Will the Irelands make it? on 21:45 - Oct 8 with 4446 viewstribalr

well done shane long.
Will the Irelands make it? on 21:47 - Oct 8 with 4441 viewsCHUBBS

Rep fans strangely celebrating the Poland equalizer meaning they now need to win their instead of draw.
Must have been in shock
Will the Irelands make it? on 21:48 - Oct 8 with 4431 viewsHollowayRanger

just got to do an England now and win in Poland

shame about Scotland

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Will the Irelands make it? on 21:50 - Oct 8 with 4427 viewspaulparker

Will the Irelands make it? on 12:42 - Oct 8 by paulparker

Fingers crossed that both Ireland & Northern Ireland get there
It wouldn't surprise me if Eire done Germany and the Scots do the Poles , that would blow the group wide open leaving Eire vs Poland the crunch game

Almost called that right
Well done Eire , now do the old jam rolls
Could be in for a good night as the Mrs has her Ireland shirt on and is p1ssed
Also excellent result for Northern Ireland there manager should be named manager of the decade
Should be an excellent tournament next year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Will the Irelands make it? on 21:53 - Oct 8 with 4412 viewsCHUBBS

Fair play to NI who for me are the team of the qualifiers.
Outstanding and inspiring to see such huge character and pride.
Will the Irelands make it? on 21:55 - Oct 8 with 4405 viewskomradkirk

absolutely delighted,especially for the generation who have never seen us in a major tournament. love my country.
Good luck to our Southern friends at the weekend.fantastic result tonight.
Gutted for Scotland,thought you had won.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024