Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MLB playoffs 15:49 - Oct 8 with 2141 viewshopphoops

Brooklyn son of Jan Leeming, i seem to remember you've a soft spot for the Mets? I'm rooting for them, as the recommended suckers-for-underdogs / Rs fans' choice for this year.

PS He's just gone.

PPS all the 'members now online' have a proper avatar. Is this a first?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 15:52]

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

MLB playoffs on 17:20 - Oct 8 with 2110 viewsBklynRanger

Good man, hopp. Yes, I am a follower of the Metropolitans. First time for 9 years that they've got to the playoffs. Pain is probably assured - the Mets are quite unpredictable with their socring of runs, and the old 'bullpen' isn't averse to a meltdown. I'm looking forward to it though.
MLB playoffs on 18:09 - Oct 8 with 2082 viewsVancouverHoop

Has to be the Jays, as Canada's team. Though I don't particularly admire their style of play they're extremely hard to out-score.
MLB playoffs on 22:31 - Oct 8 with 2006 viewsMrSheen

I'm for anyone who beats the Yankees, the ManUtd/Rangers/Real Madrid of baseball. Had the pleasure of watching a hopeless RedSox beat them in Yankee Stadium in August, just as they hit the skids. In their absence, I'm happy to see the Jays or Astros win, as the teams that put the Yankees out.
MLB playoffs on 23:48 - Oct 8 with 1981 viewsMatch82

Chicago Cubs. It has been foretold in Back to The Future 2...
MLB playoffs on 19:36 - Oct 14 with 1849 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Am just catching up no the playoffs now on MLB TV.

-----SPOILER-----

So far all I know is that the Yankees are out and that the Cubs won their series. Both of which are fuggin' music to my ears. As a Boston fan I hate the former and appreciate the century-old curse on the latter. Hope they go on and finish the job now.

Next up I'm going to check out how Seinfeld's Mets got on against Franchise FC Dodgers. Go Mets etc etc!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

MLB playoffs on 20:16 - Oct 14 with 1829 viewsBklynRanger

The Mets-Dodgers series has got very cliff-hangery, Brian.
MLB playoffs on 20:40 - Oct 14 with 1816 viewsthame_hoops

MLB playoffs on 23:48 - Oct 8 by Match82

Chicago Cubs. It has been foretold in Back to The Future 2...

Have you been to the billy goat tavern match? Went there last year, a hidden bar in a strange area.

I'm an Orioles fan but I'd love the Cubs to win or any of the Texas teams.
MLB playoffs on 23:11 - Oct 14 with 1759 viewshopphoops

Blue Jays - Rangers is pretty compelling right now.

PS Go Os (long off-season ahead...)

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.

Login to get fewer ads

MLB playoffs on 01:09 - Oct 15 with 1722 viewsbob566

Cubs. Haven't won in over a century
MLB playoffs on 02:32 - Oct 15 with 1705 viewsMatch82

MLB playoffs on 20:40 - Oct 14 by thame_hoops

Have you been to the billy goat tavern match? Went there last year, a hidden bar in a strange area.

I'm an Orioles fan but I'd love the Cubs to win or any of the Texas teams.

It's a chain now. But yeah, the orIginal one is very cool.

This city is going nuts at the moment. But pride before a fall and all that - my years of training as a qpr fan has prepared me well...
MLB playoffs on 13:52 - Oct 15 with 1629 viewsthame_hoops

MLB playoffs on 02:32 - Oct 15 by Match82

It's a chain now. But yeah, the orIginal one is very cool.

This city is going nuts at the moment. But pride before a fall and all that - my years of training as a qpr fan has prepared me well...

Oops, I jinxed the Texas teams then.
MLB playoffs on 16:22 - Oct 15 with 1608 viewsVancouverHoop

Total madhouse in TO yesterday. I actually thought they might call the game during the insane seventh inning.

Bautista's bat-flip. Viral vid of the day

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/CB2DF502B31266222173518229504_SW_WEBM_14
[Post edited 15 Oct 2015 16:24]
MLB playoffs on 19:05 - Oct 15 with 1575 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ok, I'm up date. The Cubs seem like the story of the playoffs to me, but do they have the pitching?

MLB playoffs on 19:46 - Oct 15 with 1566 viewsMatch82

MLB playoffs on 19:05 - Oct 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Ok, I'm up date. The Cubs seem like the story of the playoffs to me, but do they have the pitching?

Yes and no.

#1 Arrietta. Has been the best pitcher in baseball over the last 3-4 months
#2 Lester. Very good pitcher, should be solid enough

#3 through #5 are weak though. So Cubs will probably have to have the batters carry them through at least one game if they are going to progress. Or someone will have to pitch above expectations. Or both.
MLB playoffs on 21:12 - Oct 15 with 1542 viewsBrianMcCarthy

MLB playoffs on 19:46 - Oct 15 by Match82

Yes and no.

#1 Arrietta. Has been the best pitcher in baseball over the last 3-4 months
#2 Lester. Very good pitcher, should be solid enough

#3 through #5 are weak though. So Cubs will probably have to have the batters carry them through at least one game if they are going to progress. Or someone will have to pitch above expectations. Or both.

Ya, that's how I see it, too. Haven't followed the Cubs much this year. Is the line-up the streaky-power type or solid average type, would you say? With a 3-5 in their rotation that's probably outmatched by a couple of clubs I think I'd prefer a dependable if unexciting line-up to carry them through those games. Then again I'm a Red Sox fan so untrusting of big hitters.

MLB playoffs on 21:19 - Oct 15 with 1540 viewsMatch82

MLB playoffs on 21:12 - Oct 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, that's how I see it, too. Haven't followed the Cubs much this year. Is the line-up the streaky-power type or solid average type, would you say? With a 3-5 in their rotation that's probably outmatched by a couple of clubs I think I'd prefer a dependable if unexciting line-up to carry them through those games. Then again I'm a Red Sox fan so untrusting of big hitters.

It's all power. A ridiculous proportion of their runs are from home runs. Make them dangerous, but inconsistent.
MLB playoffs on 21:31 - Oct 15 with 1537 viewsBklynRanger

MLB playoffs on 16:22 - Oct 15 by VancouverHoop

Total madhouse in TO yesterday. I actually thought they might call the game during the insane seventh inning.

Bautista's bat-flip. Viral vid of the day

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/CB2DF502B31266222173518229504_SW_WEBM_14
[Post edited 15 Oct 2015 16:24]

There was that other video where the kid with the Batista fake beard mimicked his swing just as he hit a home run. Said kid then went ballistic and probably thinks he's a wizard or summit today.

The Mets have to try to score runs against Greinke tonight, so they'll either be really exciting or dull and depressing.
MLB playoffs on 23:31 - Oct 15 with 1507 viewsBrianMcCarthy

MLB playoffs on 21:19 - Oct 15 by Match82

It's all power. A ridiculous proportion of their runs are from home runs. Make them dangerous, but inconsistent.

Ya, hmm...fun for a neutral, but maybe not the real fans!

Fugg it, it would be great if they won it.

MLB playoffs on 05:02 - Oct 16 with 1483 viewsBklynRanger

Cubs v Mets then. The Mets ground that out like a big grindy thing tonight. Cubs will have more hitting and Mets will have more pitching. Should be exciting. LET'S GO METS.
MLB playoffs on 06:02 - Oct 16 with 1475 viewsvegasranger

JETS / METS all the way baby !!!
MLB playoffs on 09:01 - Oct 16 with 1462 viewswillis1980

As my team didn't make play offs I've been rooting for the Mets and jays ( would be great for Canadians to win the all American sport from Surrey).

If anyone's at a loss for a book to read "the bad guys won" is highly recommended for the play offs, it'll make anything our football players get up to seem like child's play
MLB playoffs on 11:21 - Oct 16 with 1441 viewsqprxtc

My cousins out in Rockaway and Massapequa Park are all Mets fans (and they hate the Yankees and Billy Crystal). They seem to be a bit like Rangers in their sometimes crapness but they are all doing their nuts after last nights result.

So, ahem....

Go Mets.

Now kick their f-ing heads in.
MLB playoffs on 13:01 - Oct 16 with 1413 viewshopphoops

MLB playoffs on 11:21 - Oct 16 by qprxtc

My cousins out in Rockaway and Massapequa Park are all Mets fans (and they hate the Yankees and Billy Crystal). They seem to be a bit like Rangers in their sometimes crapness but they are all doing their nuts after last nights result.

So, ahem....

Go Mets.

Now kick their f-ing heads in.

I hope the Cubs don't win, success will mean so much less to them and baseball than the legend of the long drought.

Mets it is. Wilmer Flores with an inside-the-park homer in Game 6 to win the whole shebang.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024