Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shaun Derry - views? 11:11 - Oct 19 with 7209 viewsAntti_Heinola

Personally, I think Derry will be in charge within a month. It all fits.
Ignoring the whys and wherefores, rights and wrongs, what are your views? Obviously I love him as a man. But as a manager?
His record at County was:
W 26
D 14
L 37

He saved them from a terrible situation in his first season, after winning 6 of the last 9 games of the season, although that was off the back of losing 8 in his previous 10.

They had an ok start to the next season before a great run of six wins on the bounce... but then won just 2 of the next 13. And from Jan to March they lost 9 in 12.

So it's a really mixed bag, but it was also an extremely difficult job - and his first job too and I'm a great believer in getting managers on their second job if possible, as most bosses make a lot of mistakes as they learn.

But still, if/when he's appointed. What would your feelings be?

Me? Non-plused. Not because it's Derry, but because I'm extremely jaded about manager changes now. It's have to be Pep or Bielsa to get me excited.

Bare bones.

Shaun Derry - views? on 21:25 - Oct 19 with 2105 viewsGloucs_R

Been out all day, did I miss something? Why does the OP think Derry will be in charge within a month?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Shaun Derry - views? on 21:35 - Oct 19 with 2077 viewsFredManRave

Shaun Derry - views? on 21:25 - Oct 19 by Gloucs_R

Been out all day, did I miss something? Why does the OP think Derry will be in charge within a month?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Shaun Derry - views? on 22:11 - Oct 19 with 2033 viewsGloucs_R

What did he say?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Shaun Derry - views? on 22:21 - Oct 19 with 2008 viewsisawqpratwcity

Shaun Derry - views? on 21:35 - Oct 19 by FredManRave

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Shaun Derry - views? on 22:44 - Oct 19 with 1973 viewsDejR_vu

You and me both. Hopefully a bad joke.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Shaun Derry - views? on 22:55 - Oct 19 with 1957 viewsINFIRMARY

What are we the YTS of football managers ?

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Shaun Derry - views? on 23:59 - Oct 19 with 1895 viewseccles

It seems that the target has changed for this season, what with the Warnock appointment following on from the Les interview a few days earlier.
If this is the case, and we have shelved the plans to consolidate and build, once again to chase the glory (money) of reaching the premier league, then it would make more sense to appoint someone that gives you the best shot at getting there.
That's not Derry.
What you would need is someone who knows the division inside out and has a proven track record of getting teams up. someone like, Oh, I don't know, Warnock maybe.
Now, if you are talking about Derry as Warnock's no2, adding to his managerial experience, then that would make more sense.
Personally, I'm losing interest. If we are going to ditch the manager and the much vaulted long-term plan after about a dozen or so games, then all it proves is that our board hasn't got a clue and nothing will change about this madhouse of a club until they get fed up and find a new toy to play with.
I actually like Derry. I think he might one day make a good manager. Maybe a good QPR manager. But not right now.
I also like Warnock. But re-appointing him,once again smacks of desperation and shows that Tony and the boys got it wrong in getting rid of him in the first place and can only think in the short term.If they wanted to bounce straight back up then they should have got rid of Ramsey at the end of last season and not wasted everybody's time.
I hope they stick with the plan. I know its going to be painful keeping Ramsey while he's learning the hard way, and I know that's not a popular opinion on this site, but you don't follow this lot for the trophies do you?
But this is QPR. Sadly, it'll be all change pretty soon.
Shaun Derry - views? (n/t) on 00:56 - Oct 20 with 1857 viewsnoauthority

[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 13:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Shaun Derry - views? on 02:23 - Oct 20 with 1815 viewsbacardiinbrissie

No thanks - Derry hasnt proved anything more than Ramsey has.

I remember when we signed him, supporters were doing thier f-ing nuts that he was an old has been. Now he's the messiah ?
Not for me I'm afraid.
Shaun Derry - views? on 07:48 - Oct 20 with 1765 viewsElHoop

Shaun Derry - views? on 02:23 - Oct 20 by bacardiinbrissie

No thanks - Derry hasnt proved anything more than Ramsey has.

I remember when we signed him, supporters were doing thier f-ing nuts that he was an old has been. Now he's the messiah ?
Not for me I'm afraid.

Yeah I don't get it either but the OP is just having a laugh anyway I think so I wouldn't allow your slumbers to be interrupted.

But anyway, has Derry realised that Adel got sent off yet?
Shaun Derry - views? on 08:18 - Oct 20 with 1739 viewsPlanetHonneywood

OP...behave!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Shaun Derry - views? on 08:24 - Oct 20 with 1733 viewsDiscodroids

This appointment, should it ever come to pass, would fill me with as much excitement as a bag of schwartz shepherds pie mix . If it means the departure of force of nature and man child idiot savant , Ramsey , then so be it.

At the very least This Gives Ramsey time to rehearse before various appearances in retail parks in the swindon area as Father Christmas as the kids arrive thick and fast .

He can utilise this time to organise sundry elves, fairys and Raindeer into an efficient unit , Taking Karl henry with him as his little helper.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 8:26]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Shaun Derry - views? on 09:12 - Oct 20 with 1694 viewsMonahoop

Shaun Derry - views? on 23:59 - Oct 19 by eccles

It seems that the target has changed for this season, what with the Warnock appointment following on from the Les interview a few days earlier.
If this is the case, and we have shelved the plans to consolidate and build, once again to chase the glory (money) of reaching the premier league, then it would make more sense to appoint someone that gives you the best shot at getting there.
That's not Derry.
What you would need is someone who knows the division inside out and has a proven track record of getting teams up. someone like, Oh, I don't know, Warnock maybe.
Now, if you are talking about Derry as Warnock's no2, adding to his managerial experience, then that would make more sense.
Personally, I'm losing interest. If we are going to ditch the manager and the much vaulted long-term plan after about a dozen or so games, then all it proves is that our board hasn't got a clue and nothing will change about this madhouse of a club until they get fed up and find a new toy to play with.
I actually like Derry. I think he might one day make a good manager. Maybe a good QPR manager. But not right now.
I also like Warnock. But re-appointing him,once again smacks of desperation and shows that Tony and the boys got it wrong in getting rid of him in the first place and can only think in the short term.If they wanted to bounce straight back up then they should have got rid of Ramsey at the end of last season and not wasted everybody's time.
I hope they stick with the plan. I know its going to be painful keeping Ramsey while he's learning the hard way, and I know that's not a popular opinion on this site, but you don't follow this lot for the trophies do you?
But this is QPR. Sadly, it'll be all change pretty soon.

Spot on post Eccles. Agree with virtually all of that. Though not sure I want Warnock back. Second comings generally end in tears.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Shaun Derry - views? on 14:12 - Oct 20 with 1598 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just having fun, but putting pieces together it makes some sense.
Derry's been talking and writing a lot about QPR lately - said on the podcast he's seen almost all our games this season. Does he do the same with Palace, who are far more 'his' team than we are?
Warnock brought in. He doesn't want to manage anymore, but he would love to be a mentor. I doubt he knows Ramsey well at all. But he does know Derry extremely well. So Derry managing, with Warnock advising, giving him someone to talk to, makes perfect sense.
Ramsey will be gone soon. This was the first step in that direction.
Put that altogether and it's not exactly far-fetched.

Bare bones.

Shaun Derry - views? on 14:26 - Oct 20 with 1578 viewsNW10Hoop

He's no more experienced than Ramsey is he? Ramsey did have 5 months in the Premiership as well as years of coaching

. Really hope a win tonight and another on Saturday takes the heat off for a little while. I don't think we've seen the football Ramsey has wanted to play since before the transfer window shut with our best players still at the club. Since then the fear of failure seems to have cast a shadow over Chris and the whole club. Now that the writing seems to be on the wall I guess we'll see whether Ramsey adapt to the new pressure. If he can't - fair enough, maybe a change would be best. But if he can get 4 points and out of the next 2 games and a win at Brentford (It's got to be our turn to actually turn up to a derby at some point!) and it could give him and the fans the confidence to crack on...

You RRRRs!
Shaun Derry - views? on 14:38 - Oct 20 with 1408 viewsNortholt_Rs

Shaun Derry - views? on 14:26 - Oct 20 by NW10Hoop

He's no more experienced than Ramsey is he? Ramsey did have 5 months in the Premiership as well as years of coaching

. Really hope a win tonight and another on Saturday takes the heat off for a little while. I don't think we've seen the football Ramsey has wanted to play since before the transfer window shut with our best players still at the club. Since then the fear of failure seems to have cast a shadow over Chris and the whole club. Now that the writing seems to be on the wall I guess we'll see whether Ramsey adapt to the new pressure. If he can't - fair enough, maybe a change would be best. But if he can get 4 points and out of the next 2 games and a win at Brentford (It's got to be our turn to actually turn up to a derby at some point!) and it could give him and the fans the confidence to crack on...

You RRRRs!

If Ramsey loses at Brentford there will be a riot. No messing.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Shaun Derry - views? on 15:01 - Oct 20 with 1384 viewsellersliehoop

Shaun Derry - views? on 14:26 - Oct 20 by NW10Hoop

You RRRRs!

Think you're being quite optimistic, it's far more likely to be 4 points from the next 3
Shaun Derry - views? on 15:19 - Oct 20 with 1363 viewsNW10Hoop

Shaun Derry - views? on 15:01 - Oct 20 by ellersliehoop

Think you're being quite optimistic, it's far more likely to be 4 points from the next 3

Yeah maybe. Every single time I go down to Loftus road I'm hopeful we'll win, different to expecting the win, but as a father of a 6 month old, I don't know whether I could afford (time or money wise) to go down to a game thinking we'll be lucky to get a point against Sheffield Wednesday or MK Dons. These are my first and last 2 days out for ages. I want to enjoy them
Shaun Derry - views? on 15:28 - Oct 20 with 1341 viewsellersliehoop

Shaun Derry - views? on 15:19 - Oct 20 by NW10Hoop

Yeah maybe. Every single time I go down to Loftus road I'm hopeful we'll win, different to expecting the win, but as a father of a 6 month old, I don't know whether I could afford (time or money wise) to go down to a game thinking we'll be lucky to get a point against Sheffield Wednesday or MK Dons. These are my first and last 2 days out for ages. I want to enjoy them

We absolutely should be winning both home games, though I dont think we will

For the first time EVER going to a game is beginning to feel like like a chore rather than something to look forward to......................I hope the feeling is only temporary!
Shaun Derry - views? on 15:52 - Oct 20 with 1313 viewsdaveB

Shaun Derry - views? on 15:28 - Oct 20 by ellersliehoop

We absolutely should be winning both home games, though I dont think we will

For the first time EVER going to a game is beginning to feel like like a chore rather than something to look forward to......................I hope the feeling is only temporary!

not sure we should be winning tonight, we'll need to play well to get anything from the game, Sheff Wed are no mugs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024