Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players wages 15:19 - Oct 22 with 10552 viewsHayesender

I work with a lad who's best mate plays for a championship club (not us).

He's played a few games for them but has been loaned out to a mid table Scottish premier league side where he's not even making the match day squad atm.

He is earning £8000 per week. £8000 ffs!

Football is gonna eat itself

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Players wages on 08:17 - Oct 23 with 4256 viewskingsburyR

MY boots lasted me the season.

Solid pair of Puma Kings, but of dubbin and away I went.

Comfy as a glove and never once broke a toe!

Custom fit my arse!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Players wages on 08:29 - Oct 23 with 4243 viewsMvpeter

An alleged friend of Angelo Balanta told me that as soon as he got his first big contract with us he forgot he wanted to be a footballer and that he instead wanted to be a baller. I believed him.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Players wages on 08:55 - Oct 23 with 4216 viewsSomersetHoops

Players wages on 08:04 - Oct 23 by aston_hoop

Reminds me of that C*****a teen who was on a deal worth over a million before he'd played a senior game. Here is Ollie talking about that

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ruben-loftus-cheeks-17m-year-17-1793

That should be enlarged and put on every clubs dressing room walls.

Who's Next?

Players wages on 09:20 - Oct 23 with 4195 viewsisawqpratwcity

Players wages on 08:55 - Oct 23 by SomersetHoops

That should be enlarged and put on every clubs dressing room walls.

They'd only laugh. That was a world ago.

"Lick roard wi' toong."

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Players wages on 09:26 - Oct 23 with 4186 viewsPinnerPaul

Players wages on 01:07 - Oct 23 by Northernr

You don't. You lose your job for their poor performances, judged against unrealistic expectations.

The art of modern football management - another thread on its own.

Players on "unbreakable" contracts with a very healthy basic wage - how do you motivate them?

I do believe most of motivation comes from the payers themselves, no one likes carrying a passenger, team ethic etc

I think our problem has been we've had about 12 passengers in our 25 in the past!

Certainly don't think motivation is the problem at the moment in our squad
Players wages on 09:29 - Oct 23 with 4178 views1BobbyHazell

Footballers are paid too much?!

Are you fu*king peasants forgetting the salient wisdom and unopposable twitter calls for sanity in our voting choices by our very own beloved King of the Centre Circle and Master of asking people who earn less in a year than he does for 90 minutes of sh1t 'football' to let him have even more?

Karl 'how am I supposed to live on 25k a week' Henry is a man all of society should be listening to, especially you low paid ungratefuls. Greedy C*nts are definitely the people we should all take our political advice from, it's bound to work out well in the end.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2015 9:31]
Players wages on 09:49 - Oct 23 with 4158 viewsJamie

Football died for me the day I saw Max Ehmer was driving a brand new Audi Q7 before he'd even played a first team game of football.
Players wages on 09:52 - Oct 23 with 4151 viewskingsburyR

A good friend of mine plays Rugby for Ulster.

He plays reg for the first team in all competitions including Europe.

He is on £90k a year + a decent win bonus.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Players wages on 11:07 - Oct 23 with 4093 viewsLadbrokeR

Players wages on 00:05 - Oct 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

From a footballing perspective, how the fvck do you motivate a 18YO millionaire?

There in lies the challenge that's why people like Mourihno are sought after. For the last 2 months the boards have been awash with posts about Ramsays inept selection tatics and in game management but there is the question can he really motivate this group of players. To my mind it must be one of hardest parts of football management.
Players wages on 12:00 - Oct 23 with 4030 viewsadhoc_qpr

Players wages on 11:07 - Oct 23 by LadbrokeR

There in lies the challenge that's why people like Mourihno are sought after. For the last 2 months the boards have been awash with posts about Ramsays inept selection tatics and in game management but there is the question can he really motivate this group of players. To my mind it must be one of hardest parts of football management.

I think it's down to the team/club culture really.

If the squad is populated with Mackie or Faurlin types who work hard and are invested in the club - most other players will fall in line and adopt a similar mentality.

Only the hardcore d*ckheads (say Traore, Taraabt types) etc will completely isolate themselves and not go with the majority.

Sadly our culture currently is a mixed bag of a few solid pros, a few players who think they should really be in the prem, youth players who were bigged up but then not trusted to play and new signings or loan players.

I don't think CR is the man to unite and motivate them going by recent performances and his excuses around 'blending' this week.
Players wages on 12:27 - Oct 23 with 3976 viewsMedwayR

Players wages on 09:49 - Oct 23 by Jamie

Football died for me the day I saw Max Ehmer was driving a brand new Audi Q7 before he'd even played a first team game of football.

Max Ehmer comes from a wealthy family, his Dad was a director or part-owner at QPR I think which is how he ended up signing with us so that car was probably/possibly paid for by his rich Dad/family or money he's been given rather than from his salary at QPR, which would no doubt have been decent too.

Poll: Who’s better?

Players wages on 12:33 - Oct 23 with 3957 viewsPinnerPaul

Players wages on 09:49 - Oct 23 by Jamie

and he can't even get in the Gills 1st team now
Players wages on 12:39 - Oct 23 with 3936 viewsQPunkR

Players wages on 20:16 - Oct 22 by derbyhoop

2 years ago, Rangers were going to send the mad Malian, Diakite, to Watford on loan. They balked at paying his £10K per week wages. He was probably one of the lowest paid members of the first team squad.
Now, he's played a handful of games in Saudi and, even, the EDS players accept he cannot play the game to an acceptable level.

Wash your mouth out!! You can't talk about the Samba man like that.
Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!!!! They're being mean about Samba again!!

QPR - "shit but local"

Players wages on 13:21 - Oct 23 with 3877 viewsR_from_afar

Players wages on 01:07 - Oct 23 by Northernr

You don't. You lose your job for their poor performances, judged against unrealistic expectations.

Spot on. Can you put that in a scrolling banner on the home page of this website, please?

I have said before that the players largely escape blame. *Most of the time*, when the team performs poorly, we blame the manager for

- the wrong formation
- picking the wrong players
- the wrong substitutions
- not coaching them to do something
- not motivating them
- playing people out of position
- buying the wrong players

Mind you, I think football fans in general are guilty of these things.

On a more positive note, whilst the overall atmosphere at Loftus Rd can be ugly at times, I think we are generally quite forgiving of our homegrown players when they do get a game. That's something to be proud of.

In football in general, the blame for underperforming needs to be shared more equally between the coaches/manager and the players.

Professional footballers have had a lot of coaching so when they get the basics wrong (e.g. marking, tracking back), I don't think the coach/manager should be blamed.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Players wages on 13:31 - Oct 23 with 3861 viewsMvpeter

Players wages on 13:21 - Oct 23 by R_from_afar

Spot on. Can you put that in a scrolling banner on the home page of this website, please?

I have said before that the players largely escape blame. *Most of the time*, when the team performs poorly, we blame the manager for

- the wrong formation
- not motivating them

On a more positive note, whilst the overall atmosphere at Loftus Rd can be ugly at times, I think we are generally quite forgiving of our homegrown players when they do get a game. That's something to be proud of.

In football in general, the blame for underperforming needs to be shared more equally between the coaches/manager and the players.

Professional footballers have had a lot of coaching so when they get the basics wrong (e.g. marking, tracking back), I don't think the coach/manager should be blamed.

RFA

That isn't how management works. What company blames it's frontline staff? None. Managers are paid to take the responsibility. It is a basic tenant of management that they hold all responsibility.

Players wages on 13:32 - Oct 23 with 3832 viewsLadbrokeR

Players wages on 13:21 - Oct 23 by R_from_afar

- the wrong formation
- not motivating them

RFA

homegrown players - Who would they be now: Darnell is one and i am not sure that i was that forgiving of him against Arsenal and Palace. Although perhaps that was mainly down to the manger.
Players wages on 13:36 - Oct 23 with 3823 viewsSimonJames

With the amount of money washing around in football, I think they should invest in technology that allows all games in the top 4 leagues to be televised or streamed. Even charging a couple of quid to watch, some of the lower league clubs could probably make some profit.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Players wages on 13:36 - Oct 23 with 3823 viewsR_from_afar

Players wages on 13:32 - Oct 23 by LadbrokeR

homegrown players - Who would they be now: Darnell is one and i am not sure that i was that forgiving of him against Arsenal and Palace. Although perhaps that was mainly down to the manger.

I agree that we haven't seen much of such players this season, but I was making a general point based on 15 years of watching the Rs (which is not long by the standards of most on here, Johnny-come-lately that I am).

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Players wages on 14:34 - Oct 23 with 3757 viewsvegasranger

Players wages on 13:36 - Oct 23 by SimonJames

With the amount of money washing around in football, I think they should invest in technology that allows all games in the top 4 leagues to be televised or streamed. Even charging a couple of quid to watch, some of the lower league clubs could probably make some profit.

I agree with you Simon. It seems we are going backwards with the TV coverage. I think I've seen 4 games this season. Two years ago we had live home games for fans living in Malaysia and there seemed to be a lot more feeds.
Players wages on 14:42 - Oct 23 with 3739 viewsR_from_afar

Players wages on 13:31 - Oct 23 by Mvpeter

That isn't how management works. What company blames it's frontline staff? None. Managers are paid to take the responsibility. It is a basic tenant of management that they hold all responsibility.

In the company I have worked in for nine years, there is a far greater emphasis on collective responsibility. The manager of an underperforming department cops a lot of flak if the department underperforms, granted, but the whole team is put under the microscope and is put under pressure to up its game as a group.

RFA

Players wages on 11:08 - Oct 27 with 3551 viewsMvpeter

Players wages on 14:42 - Oct 23 by R_from_afar

In the company I have worked in for nine years, there is a far greater emphasis on collective responsibility. The manager of an underperforming department cops a lot of flak if the department underperforms, granted, but the whole team is put under the microscope and is put under pressure to up its game as a group.

RFA

The management are applying pressure to the team. I don't understand the point you are making. Nobody said employees get away with anything and only managers are held accountable. The point is that the responsibility for them falls squarely and solely on the manager. It is his job to get them to do the job or get someone who can, if he can't then he is responsible.

Players wages on 11:31 - Oct 27 with 3519 viewsbosh67

I was a junior here in 82, aged 15. Glenn Roeder was my mentor because I knew his family well and he was my idol as a player. I was in a car accident and that finished my aspirations but when I was at the club I got £90 a month expenses for travelling. Bloody luxury. At the time it felt like a lot of money to a 15 year old.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Players wages on 12:51 - Oct 27 with 3469 viewsWestminsteRs

Players wages on 12:27 - Oct 23 by MedwayR

Max Ehmer comes from a wealthy family, his Dad was a director or part-owner at QPR I think which is how he ended up signing with us so that car was probably/possibly paid for by his rich Dad/family or money he's been given rather than from his salary at QPR, which would no doubt have been decent too.

Are you definitely not confusing Ehmer with Michael Doughty - son of ex Nottingham Forest owner, Nigel Doughty?
Players wages on 22:05 - Oct 27 with 3352 viewsenfieldargh

Former caretaker manager of ours from not so long ago seen buying a suit in a charity shop in hitchin

He was also a solid professional through the 80's and 90's

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Players wages on 22:26 - Oct 27 with 3325 viewsflynnbo

No, I've heard stories about Ehmer's wealthy father too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024