Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fargo - TV Series 18:34 - Nov 14 with 5020 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Watching this at the moment after giving up on The Walking Dead and it's brilliant. Even better than the film. Great filming, plot, dialogue, acting and a nice humour throughout.

Highly recommended.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fargo - TV Series on 18:48 - Nov 14 with 4525 viewsngbqpr

Agree Brian.
Loved the film & the first tv series last year, but this is on yet another level - superb work.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Fargo - TV Series on 18:55 - Nov 14 with 4508 viewsPommyhoop

Brian , Brian , Brian . You gave up too soon mate on TWD .
Honest mate, stick in there .. Fair doo's tho I have watched it episode by episode ( kids) and I did say I don't think I could do it in big lumps with a box set like you can do The Wire or Soprano's.Fair play with the recommendation of Fargo tho .I didn't bother with it first go round .I'll keep an eye out for it. Loved the film.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Fargo - TV Series on 19:13 - Nov 14 with 4484 viewsoldmeadoniansR

I also didn't see the first series but agree that this series is quality TV. Do any of the characters span both?
Fargo - TV Series on 19:49 - Nov 14 with 4431 viewskensalriser

Excellent. I think the first series is better, though. Billy Bob Thornton's performance as a highly intelligent and ice-cool yet depraved psychopath was exemplary.

In this one there's too much stuff that prevents suspension of disbelief, like the stupid but manipulative butcher's wife and the Gerhardt guy who strolls up to the murder scene and immediately finds evidence after the police have had days to comb the area. Still essential viewing though.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Fargo - TV Series on 20:00 - Nov 14 with 4409 viewsHarbour

its a corker....look on mince meat in a completely different way...quality tv
Fargo - TV Series on 20:03 - Nov 14 with 4399 viewsGetMeRangers

Fargo - TV Series on 19:49 - Nov 14 by kensalriser

Excellent. I think the first series is better, though. Billy Bob Thornton's performance as a highly intelligent and ice-cool yet depraved psychopath was exemplary.

In this one there's too much stuff that prevents suspension of disbelief, like the stupid but manipulative butcher's wife and the Gerhardt guy who strolls up to the murder scene and immediately finds evidence after the police have had days to comb the area. Still essential viewing though.

Agree it isnt quite as good as the first but still a mile ahead of most of the dire tv that is served up
Fargo - TV Series on 20:39 - Nov 14 with 4360 viewseasthertsr

I love the mix of humour and mayhem! Just a brilliant programme.
Fargo - TV Series on 21:02 - Nov 14 with 4333 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fargo - TV Series on 18:55 - Nov 14 by Pommyhoop

Brian , Brian , Brian . You gave up too soon mate on TWD .
Honest mate, stick in there .. Fair doo's tho I have watched it episode by episode ( kids) and I did say I don't think I could do it in big lumps with a box set like you can do The Wire or Soprano's.Fair play with the recommendation of Fargo tho .I didn't bother with it first go round .I'll keep an eye out for it. Loved the film.

Ok, you've convinced me - I'll give TWD another hop!

Login to get fewer ads

Fargo - TV Series on 22:30 - Nov 14 with 4263 viewsade_qpr

Fargo - TV Series on 21:02 - Nov 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Ok, you've convinced me - I'll give TWD another hop!

Not certain if it would be your cup of tea Brian but I have justed watched Z Nation. Where TWD takes it's self seriously ZN takes the piss and is very light hearted at times. Others may like it's comic book type of approach.

Another show is The Frankenstein Chronicles, I think going to be a 6 part mini series. Similar to Ripper Street, set in London 1827 about a copper finding kids cut up to make whole bodies.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Fargo - TV Series on 22:43 - Nov 14 with 4241 viewscaliforniahoop

Fargo - TV Series on 22:30 - Nov 14 by ade_qpr

Not certain if it would be your cup of tea Brian but I have justed watched Z Nation. Where TWD takes it's self seriously ZN takes the piss and is very light hearted at times. Others may like it's comic book type of approach.

Another show is The Frankenstein Chronicles, I think going to be a 6 part mini series. Similar to Ripper Street, set in London 1827 about a copper finding kids cut up to make whole bodies.

One of the funniest films I have ever seen.
Fargo - TV Series on 22:57 - Nov 14 with 4229 viewsade_qpr

Fargo - TV Series on 22:43 - Nov 14 by californiahoop

One of the funniest films I have ever seen.

Hey CH you thinking of Zombieland with Woody Harrelson? If so yes agree very funny. I was talking about the tv series Z Nation which I think you might enjoy if you liked Zombieland. Sorry if barking up the wrong tree and I pegged your comment wrong.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Fargo - TV Series on 23:22 - Nov 14 with 4194 viewsWilloW4

Fargo - TV Series on 19:13 - Nov 14 by oldmeadoniansR

I also didn't see the first series but agree that this series is quality TV. Do any of the characters span both?

The first series of Fargo was outstanding, the second so far ain't as good, but it's getting better...and yes, some characters do span both series..
Fargo - TV Series on 01:10 - Nov 15 with 4132 viewsNov77

First series was brilliant, this one had a lot to live up to, so far it hasn't.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Fargo - TV Series on 08:32 - Nov 15 with 4063 viewsMrSheen

How fat is Landry from Friday Night Lights? Very impressive man boob rack.

I wasn't spoiled by watching the first series, so I'm really enjoying this. Any idea what the RonLd Reagan episode in the first programme was about?
Fargo - TV Series on 11:23 - Nov 15 with 3965 viewsgigiisourgod

Brilliant series and completely concur with this review.
Fargo - TV Series on 14:07 - Nov 15 with 3896 viewsstevec

Brilliant programme and If you haven't seen first series then recommend you should, as you say Billy Bob Thornton was different class.

Slow build on this series but reckon it's about to go off big time next week.
Fargo - TV Series on 15:36 - Nov 15 with 3845 viewsdermyqpr

When you catch up Brian I am recommending The Newsroom. If you have not seen it already its top top top stuff .love Fargo . second series goes back in time hence you are looking at some of the same people but played by someone else. Ted danson is in the second one and I quite
enjoy him.
I pm'd you Brian.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2015 16:02]
Fargo - TV Series on 09:03 - Nov 16 with 3680 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fargo - TV Series on 15:36 - Nov 15 by dermyqpr

When you catch up Brian I am recommending The Newsroom. If you have not seen it already its top top top stuff .love Fargo . second series goes back in time hence you are looking at some of the same people but played by someone else. Ted danson is in the second one and I quite
enjoy him.
I pm'd you Brian.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2015 16:02]

Got your PM, thanks man.

The Newsroom is great gear too. The opening scene is as good as TV gets.

Fargo - TV Series on 23:19 - Dec 10 with 3412 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Latest discovery is Netflix's comedy Master of None. Damn funny.

Fargo - TV Series on 02:59 - Dec 11 with 3358 viewsisawqpratwcity

Dear Sir,

On the subject of Fargo, S.2, I was disconcerted at a plot twist in our most recent episode. Being careful to avoid spoiling anything for those who haven't seen it, let me say I was concerned at the arrival of the unexpected visitor at the big shoot-out at the motel. I am hoping that it is not going to undermine what has been so far a good sequel to an excellent original.

(signed)

"Concerned from Notting Hill"

PS Please, NO SPOILERS!!!!!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Fargo - TV Series on 03:56 - Dec 11 with 3351 viewsisawqpratwcity

I am also enjoying season 2 of The Fall, with the dominatrix-of-my-dreams, Gillian Anderson. I think I have just seen the penultimate episode of the season, with the investigation getting very tight and nuanced with seemingly minor actions and who-knows-what-and-when details becoming critical.

I can't guarantee that I'll come quietly.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 4:07]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Fargo - TV Series on 05:01 - Dec 11 with 3334 viewsBerkoRanger

Some of us are old enough to remember Wells Fargo!
Fargo - TV Series on 06:30 - Dec 11 with 3322 viewsMrSheen

Master Sheen and I try to guess the number of dead before each episode of Fargo. Any thoughts on Peggy's friend from the salon? There's a lot riding on it.
Fargo - TV Series on 20:19 - May 21 with 1881 viewsstevec

Series 3 starts 31st May, 10pm, Channel 4.

If anything like previous two series well worth watching.
Fargo - TV Series on 21:46 - May 21 with 1783 viewsthame_hoops

Fargo - TV Series on 20:19 - May 21 by stevec

Series 3 starts 31st May, 10pm, Channel 4.

If anything like previous two series well worth watching.

Loved the first 2 series. I also see house of cards and bloodline starts again this month.

Anyone see series 3 of Bosch? Fantastic show
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024